PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Ditches Rides

Wet Dream
08-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I remember 8 of these vividly. I haven't been there in 17 years, but remember so many parts to Disney.
Ok, so if you have MSN as a homepage, you've seen this, for those that don't...
Disneyland Ditches Rides (http://cityguides.msn.com/citylife/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5317443&page=1)

HOOTER SLED-
08-23-2007, 05:55 PM
MRS HERE.........of all the things in that article..........i remember loving the treehouse!!!!! It is now home to Disneys Tarzan!!!!

Mrs. 20
08-23-2007, 06:04 PM
They have the family tree house in Florida still. Also, they still have the Carousel of Progress. My kids actually know all the words to "It's a great Big Beautiful Tomorrow." :D

westair
08-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Great moments with Mr. Lincoln ......... gone?:jawdrop: I think most people
didn't even know it was there!! Great to see if you liked history.

Flyinbowtie
08-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Good link, thanks...
I'm almost 49; and remember very clearly the first time I saw the Mr. Lincoln attraction. It was the talk of all So. Cal, and my folks took us to Disneyland just to see that show. That dude looked real up there on that stage.
It was a cool day.
Strangely, growing up down there I also remember well when the helicopters Disney used to move people from wherever to Disneyland crashed. I think it happened twice before they grounded them. Scared the crap out of me as a little kid; I just couldn't beleive that something associated with a place/feeling so special to me was falling out of the sky and killing people.

Riverbass
08-23-2007, 07:51 PM
I say junk the whole park. I am sick of fixing all the old junk that they call rides. I know I should not bitch it keeps gas in the boat.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-24-2007, 06:34 AM
I liked the Inner Space travel one where you were shrunk to molecule size. And America Sings, we used to go there when we were hot and tired. It was nice and cool in there. Pop goes the weasel! lol
:D

Miss Perfect
08-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I used to love the Country Bears when I was a kid. I wasn't so hot on the Mr. Lincoln thing though.....and we always had to go and see it.

Caljamr
08-24-2007, 06:44 AM
MRS HERE.........of all the things in that article..........i remember loving the treehouse!!!!! It is now home to Disneys Tarzan!!!!
I love the tree house. I took my niece to Disneyland about 10 years ago and i volunteered to go up in the tree house. I wanted to stay up there all day. :)

KingCole
08-24-2007, 06:52 AM
No tree house??? No rocket to mars??? What the hell am I gonna do with all these E tickets???

deltarat
08-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Little history from my family, my grandma packed my father and his 2 brothers in the car and drove them from Bakerfeild in the middle of the night to surprize them by taking them to Disneyland the day the park first opened for business.

DaddyMack
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM
The only one I don't remember is the House of Tomorrow... the others I went through multiple times.... growing up. Damn... :idea:

Strippoker
08-24-2007, 09:18 AM
at the rate its going soon all they will have is the high school musical 24 ride were a bunch of pregant teens sing about how the jocks nocked them up. And dont miss the "rehab ride" the plan for its to turn a small world into it showing all the new Disney kids that grew up to be a mess like lindsey Lohan, Hillary Duff and Of course we cant forget Brittney Spears. Yes its sad we can't entertain our kids anymore with simple animated rides and just let them be kids.

lewiville
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Tiki room is still there, thats all that matters :D :D

Mrs. 20
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Love that!:D Especially the Dole Whips.

Mrs. 20
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
I say junk the whole park. I am sick of fixing all the old junk that they call rides. I know I should not bitch it keeps gas in the boat.
You work there? Thats cool. I take the kids over there every 2 months or so. We have had the annual passes for years now.

bocco
08-24-2007, 10:06 AM
You had to bring that up. Now I'm gonna sing that song all day.

Riverless
08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
The only one I don't remember is the House of Tomorrow... the others I went through multiple times.... growing up. Damn... :idea:
house of tomorrow was my favorite. i remember they had a fake family setup in the living room talking on a video phone to grandma and grandpa. most of the stuff in house of tomorrow is probably "house of today" now, so it doesn't seem so futuristic anymore. i remember thinking how cool all that stuff would be when we could actually talk on a phone and see the person on the other end.
edit: actually the house of tomorrow i saw was at disneyworld in florida, not disneyland

soulboater#1
08-24-2007, 10:41 AM
R.i.p Captain Eo