PDA

View Full Version : 418 vs 516 Labor Day

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Is this epic clash of the Titans gonna happen? Loser must cut their hair (Well Sorry john but this should be in your favor) and leave boatracing for ever!

Cs19
08-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Johns 8 teens will be tough to beat but Im game for an 1/8 mile, maybe 1000 ft. race from a dead stop, no rolling starts John!
Haircut? Leave boatracing forever?:confused: Negative.

Cs19
08-24-2007, 04:44 PM
What about you Tony? Are you going to show up?

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm trying to round up a boat. Honestly, If i don't have something on the bottle I am outgunned.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Tony, your always on the bottle.........
Colt45 :D :D :D

steelcomp
08-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Is this epic clash of the Titans gonna happen? Loser must cut their hair (Well Sorry john but this should be in your favor) and leave boatracing for ever!Where's this gonna happen?
'Cmon Tony, you can round up something. I'd like to see what the K5 would run the quarter in.:idea:

Johnwithjm
08-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Johns 8 teens will be tough to beat but Im game for an 1/8 mile, maybe 1000 ft. race from a dead stop, no rolling starts John!
Haircut? Leave boatracing forever?:confused: Negative.I am up for it. Find a boat Guru and we can settle this once and for all SUPERSTAR:jawdrop:

steelcomp
08-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I am up for it. Find a boat Guru and we can settle this once and for all SUPERSTAR:jawdrop:
DOH!!!

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 07:18 PM
I am up for it. Find a boat Guru and we can settle this once and for all SUPERSTAR:jawdrop:
My dear son John,
You must first get around your boy CS19. You must take baby steps before you can walk. I may have to put my greenbacks on CS! He has more desire than you right now John. He's hungry! Hey, you are always hungry too.

Johnwithjm
08-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Tony Tony my little fallen Superstar. Bet on who ever you want. I will race any boat out there on Labor day and that includes K5 so bring it PUTZ

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Tony Tony my little fallen Superstar. Bet on who ever you want. I will race any boat out there on Labor day and that includes K5 so bring it PUTZ
I'm a roundy round guy now John. You calling out the K5 is like me calling you out to a foot race.
Now I am definitely putting my money on CS19 AND Cyclopse!!

steelcomp
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Putz???
Now, Tony, I know you've been called worse, by better, but PUTZ????
I dunno, here. I'm loozin faith in ya, lad. :(

Johnwithjm
08-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm a roundy round guy now John. You calling out the K5 is like me calling you out to a foot race.
Now I am definitely putting my money on CS19 AND Cyclopse!!
So you’re a circle jerk now. No more drag boat racing. That makes you a quitter. Get some heart and showup. It will be the same deal as last time. I will give you a place to stay feed you pay for your gas all no cost to you.

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Scott, He is very fragile and you have to go easy on him. I have seen him cry before and it is not pretty.

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 08:01 PM
So you’re a circle jerk now. No more drag boat racing. That makes you a quitter. Get some heart and showup. It will be the same deal as last time. I will give you a place to stay feed you pay for your gas all no cost to you.
John you are in the same league as Spandau Ballet, Rick Astley Men at Work and a bunch of other "one hit wonders" You should have quit after the all fat man final in 05. Thank you for the free offer though.

steelcomp
08-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Scott, He is very fragile and you have to go easy on him. I have seen him cry before and it is not pretty.
Naw, he's not fragile. He's just bored. I think CS can handle your light work, though.

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Naw, he's not fragile. He's just bored. I think CS can handle your light work, though.
I agree!

cyclone
08-24-2007, 08:10 PM
confuscious say: man who sit on toilet is high on pot.
confuscious also say: the verbal punking between now and next saturday is going to reach epic proportions.

Johnwithjm
08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Naw, he's not fragile. He's just bored. I think CS can handle your light work, though.Steelchump to bad you sold your 10second boat or you could have brought it out and got used up by all the other 10 second boats that will be there. Well since your boat is gone keep up the great NUT SWINGING:jawdrop:

Johnwithjm
08-24-2007, 08:16 PM
John you are in the same league as Spandau Ballet, Rick Astley Men at Work and a bunch of other "one hit wonders" You should have quit after the all fat man final in 05. Thank you for the free offer though. Guru your just mad because your TAF has not seen the 8s in a long time. Quiter:jawdrop:

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Now that is not playing very nice john. He is just calling it like he sees it. No reason to get pissy on us. :D

Cs19
08-24-2007, 08:31 PM
John, guru may be a no show labor day but he is owning you in this thread.
LMAO!

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I am trying to make it there boatless and all.

Johnwithjm
08-24-2007, 08:36 PM
John, guru may be a no show labor day but he is owning you in this thread.
LMAO!
I will do my talkin on the water. So you better worry about Morgan

Cs19
08-24-2007, 08:36 PM
you should come out guru, take the 418 for a hot lap

Jetboatguru
08-24-2007, 08:38 PM
This is what happens when you have nothing better to do on a friday night before a big weekend.:D

Johnwithjm
08-24-2007, 08:42 PM
This is what happens when you have nothing better to do on a friday night before a big weekend.:D Yup this is so true.

Squirtin Thunder
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
If Tony brings the K5 missile and it runs like it did in the Shoot Out in Burley none of you have a chance.

Cs19
08-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Roses are red and violets are blue the K5 will go down like John D does on guru...
Red dragon will come out swingin looking for the hat but in the end will only be swingin' on gurus hairy sack...
Cyclone will drag boweye like no tomorrow and will go back to camp with nothing but sorrow...
6th street wont show and what do you know, they are all still sleeping cause they drank too much cuervo...
CS19 will prevail and smoke yer asses leaving you all wondering WTF just happened...

steelcomp
08-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Steelchump to bad you sold your 10second boat or you could have brought it out and got used up by all the other 10 second boats that will be there. Well since your boat is gone keep up the great NUT SWINGING:jawdrop:You're doin' an awful lot of name callin' for a loser boat racer. I moved on to bigger and better things.
I think I told you before, my boat ran 9's...just a goood indication of how "mislead" you really are about the truth. :notam:
AFA the nutswinging, (so you call it...I'm not admitting anything here:) ) I bet if it were your nuts, it'd be just damn OK! :idea:
And another thing...if you do your talking on the water, what's all this blah blah blah???
Just callin it like I seeez it. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

steelcomp
08-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Roses are red and violets are blue the K5 will go down like John D does on guru...
Red dragon will come out swingin looking for a hat but in the end will only be swingin' on gurus fat hairy bag...
Cyclone will drag boweye like no tomorrow and will go back to camp with nothing but sorrow...
6th street wont show and what do you know, they are all still sleeping cause they drank too much cuervo...
CS19 will prevail and smoke yer asses and leave you all wondering WTF just happened...That's pretty good, Chris. Dosen't rhyme for shit, but pretty funny. :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Tony driving a jet:idea::idea:

steelcomp
08-24-2007, 10:36 PM
This is what happens when you have nothing better to do on a friday night before a big weekend.:D:D :D

steelcomp
08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Tony driving a jet:idea::idea:I saw it once. It wasn't pretty.

Cs19
08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
That's pretty good, Chris. Dosen't rhyme for shit, but pretty funny. :D
never claimed to be a poet, just stirrin the pot.

HBjet
08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm calling Guru out to a game of drunk uno... 1... 2... 3...
Man these threads are getting deep - and it's not even winter...:D

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 03:28 AM
There is way more truth to that than anyone even knows look at the time i am posting and its a regular weekend!:D :D Yall have fun and be safe.

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 07:39 AM
You're doin' an awful lot of name callin' for a loser boat racer. I moved on to bigger and better things.
I think I told you before, my boat ran 9's...just a goood indication of how "mislead" you really are about the truth. :notam:
AFA the nutswinging, (so you call it...I'm not admitting anything here:) ) I bet if it were your nuts, it'd be just damn OK! :idea:
And another thing...if you do your talking on the water, what's all this blah blah blah???
Just callin it like I seeez it. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:Your calling me a loser steelchump. I do no think so. What have you ever won in boat racing. Wait wait NOTHING. Glad you moved on to bigger things like nut swinging. Carry on.

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Your calling me a loser steelchump. I do no think so. What have you ever won in boat racing. Wait wait NOTHING. Glad you moved on to bigger things like nut swinging. Carry on.
LOL...boat racing?? I mean it's fun and all, but give me a break, dude.
You act like you're John fockin Force. Maybe Alan Johnson should get into boat racing!
What's this thing you have with nuts, anyway? Maybe you wish you had a pair to swing? I dunno...just guessing. Are you a hermaphrodite or sumthin?
Hope you have a great weekend! :D

Jetboatguru
08-25-2007, 08:55 AM
You act like you're John fockin Force. Maybe Alan Johnson should get into boat racing!
What's this thing you have with nuts, anyway? Maybe you wish you had a pair to swing? I dunno...just guessing. Are you a hermaphrodite or sumthin?
Ok girls,
This is supposed to be a fun bashing thread. No need to get personal. We know that Neither of these two will be standing on top of the hill when the day is done. The real kings of the heap will be Mike Harlen and Joe P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Ok girls,
This is supposed to be a fun bashing thread. No need to get personal. We know that Neither of these two will be standing on top of the hill when the day is done. The real kings of the heap will be Mike Harlen and Joe P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He hit me first!!!! :cry:
All in fun on my part. I got nothin to prove. :D

Jetboatguru
08-25-2007, 10:05 AM
He hit me first!!!! :cry:
All in fun on my part. I got nothin to prove. :D
You jsut don't want to piss John D off. He may not be fast but he sure is slow.:D

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 11:44 AM
As I recall you called me a loser so who started this you did. This is all fun between Chris me and Guru. You made it personal so when I see you we can talk in person then we will see if you run your mouth. I do not claim to be the fast guy out there but I do ok. I will race anyone if I win cool if I lose well that is racing. So let me know when you are going to be around and we will talk face to face. Have a nice day and keep on swinging chump.

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 11:56 AM
As I recall you called me a loser so who started this you did. This is all fun between Chris me and Guru. You made it personal so when I see you we can talk in person then we will see if you run your mouth. I do not claim to be the fast guy out there but I do ok. I will race anyone if I win cool if I lose well that is racing. So let me know when you are going to be around and we will talk face to face. Have a nice day and keep on swinging chump.Lighten up, John. As I recall your first post to me started with the name calling, insults about my boat, and nut swinging, so what's your point??? No matter, I was just joking back with you, but I guess you just can't take it. :cry:

TRG
08-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Bitches is bitches-n-hoes is hoes and all the good times at "Arcenio's"!
A lil DJ Quick fo yo head!
This is the most interesting posting ive seen all summer!
"Top field after school Biatch!":D

Jetboatguru
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
So lets get back to it!
Is the CS19 Oldsmobile headed big inch monster gonna hand John his ass?
Or, is Johns Cheyenne with mike Miller Chevy power gonna lay the smackdown on the Two headed scoop looking thing?

Bense468
08-25-2007, 04:59 PM
on the Two headed scoop looking thing?
I'm dying over here...:D

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Lighten up, John. As I recall your first post to me started with the name calling, insults about my boat, and nut swinging, so what's your point??? No matter, I was just joking back with you, but I guess you just can't take it. :cry: Ok it is all in good fun.

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 05:24 PM
So lets get back to it!
Is the CS19 Oldsmobile headed big inch monster gonna hand John his ass?
Or, is Johns Cheyenne with mike Miller Chevy power gonna lay the smackdown on the Two headed scoop looking thing?
CS19s Oldsmobile headed big inch monster will be tough to beat but the Miller powered 470 chevy will be like a sawzol on the bottle.

Jetboatguru
08-25-2007, 05:54 PM
CS19s Oldsmobile headed big inch monster will be tough to beat but the Miller powered 470 chevy will be like a sawzol on the bottle.
I like to think that John has the better boat. I have seen the Cheyenne run in the teens with a aluminum 470 when Pisetti had the boat. He weighed a buck nothing though. I think the bottom lin here is if you dont have a couple solenoids and a 10lb bottle, dont show up.

Jetboatguru
08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm dying over here...:D
Bense,
I am not quite sure what to make out of that thing?:confused: I guess it is diverting air to each carburetor individually? But wait, he only has one. Primaries/secondaries or is just a cyst or a growth?

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I like to think that John has the better boat. I have seen the Cheyenne run in the teens with a aluminum 470 when Pisetti had the boat. He weighed a buck nothing though. I think the bottom lin here is if you dont have a couple solenoids and a 10lb bottle, dont show up.more like four or six solenoids...:sqeyes:

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Ok it is all in good fun.:D

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Even if CS's boat is that fast now, neither it nor Chris have gone that fast, so there's a learning curve here which might give John the edge. CS is a good driver, and knows how to set his boat up, but from what I've learned, that's getting into tricky territory with a Daytona. Might not just go out and run a teen off the bat.
BUT...ya nevvver knowwww! :idea:
Ought to be a good race, no matter. Someone definately get video.
Don't think I'd bet on this one.

Cs19
08-25-2007, 06:30 PM
check out the 2 guys that dont have boats trying to rip on someone elses boat who is coming to race..
Im really dying over here.

Cs19
08-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Even if CS's boat is that fast now, neither it nor Chris have gone that fast, so there's a learning curve here which might give John the edge. CS is a good driver, and knows how to set his boat up, but from what I've learned, that's getting into tricky territory with a Daytona. Might not just go out and run a teen off the bat.
It went into the .30s last September and October, it may have more left.

Cs19
08-25-2007, 06:43 PM
the CS19 Oldsmobile headed big inch monster vs. Johns Cheyenne with mike Miller Chevy power
Lets take a good look then...These 2 motors make within 50 Hp of each other while they are spraying MINIMUM 300 shot, probably more knowing them in a single seat lightweight dragboat while Im spraying 175 if anything at all in my river boat.
They better not loose this one.

Jetboatguru
08-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Lets take a good look then...These 2 motors make within 50 Hp of each other while they are spraying MINIMUM 300 shot, probably more knowing them in a single seat lightweight dragboat while Im spraying 175 if anything at all in my river boat.
Very good point!

cyclone
08-25-2007, 06:57 PM
dont forget the saddle tanks, extra seat, extra washers for every bolt, and left hand steering, which according to blue wonder is worth 2 tenths of a second. dont handicap yourself chris. :D

pattymelt18
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM
why is a guy thats only went 9.80s at best tryn to pick a winner i mean have u ever drivn a boat thats went as fast as cs or johns i mean what are u even talking about u built a nice boat and that was it dont start sayn whos a better driver if u never went over 110.so start bashn i dont care. ey cs did u make it into the finals good luck with the surf me and jordan had a good time. off to fritzs late.

Cs19
08-25-2007, 07:08 PM
ey cs did u make it into the finals good luck with the surf me and jordan had a good time. off to fritzs late.
nope got knocked early today unfortunatly but it was a blast, almost as fun as boat racing:) .. I wanted to come hang out last night but I would have regretted that this morning, will make up for it Labor Day.
Have fun tonight, you must have a hall pass for the weekend, nice work!

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
why is a guy thats only went 9.80s at best tryn to pick a winner i mean have u ever drivn a boat thats went as fast as cs or johns i mean what are u even talking about u built a nice boat and that was it dont start sayn whos a better driver if u never went over 110.so start bashn i dont care. ey cs did u make it into the finals good luck with the surf me and jordan had a good time. off to fritzs late.er um like dude like i never drove a boat that totally fast dude so i guess i just dont know besides who was i bashin i wasnt bashin and my boat ran high 9.60s have fun at tha lake

Jetboatguru
08-25-2007, 07:22 PM
why is a guy thats only went 9.80s at best tryn to pick a winner i mean have u ever drivn a boat thats went as fast as cs or johns i mean what are u even talking about u built a nice boat and that was it dont start sayn whos a better driver if u never went over 110.so start bashn i dont care. ey cs did u make it into the finals good luck with the surf me and jordan had a good time. off to fritzs late.
PattyMelt ( actually pretty funny name)
Were all just havin fun in here. Have fun at the lake!;)

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 07:25 PM
check out the 2 guys that dont have boats trying to rip on someone elses boat who is coming to race..
Im really dying over here.Glad to entertain you junior. :D

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 07:26 PM
er um like dude like i never drove a boat that totally fast dude
This is like a line out of fast times at ridgement high! You tell em Spigolee.

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
They better not loose this one.You're not makin excuses already, are ya?

Jetboatguru
08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Im really dying over here.
Chris I have multiple boats. Just not one that could beat you! :D

Cs19
08-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Glad to entertain you junior. :D
senior foxwell, was referring to guru and bense.

cyclone
08-25-2007, 07:31 PM
right now pinks is on the tv and i'm getting fired up to race...well shit is anyone but me going to river without n20?:D

steelcomp
This is like a line out of fast times at ridgement high! You tell em Spigolee.
Loike, roight on, deud, totally roight on!

Cs19
You're not makin excuses already, are ya?
yes

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
senior foxwell, was referring to guru and bense.my bad...guilty conscience, I guess. :rolleyes:

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Loike, roight on, deud, totally roight on!
That sounds more like the crock hunter. Damn the sting ray. Damn him to hell.

Cs19
08-25-2007, 07:47 PM
krikey!!

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 07:51 PM
krikey!!
LOL:D

Red Rocket
08-25-2007, 10:09 PM
We never run more than a 200 shot.:) :)

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Yep full on race boat never claimed it was not. But if your racing a boat at the river well it is run what you brung none of the race boat river boat crap.175 shot my ass:)

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Maybe you guys should run motor for motor first that way there is no question about how much spray each other is using.:idea:

pw_Tony
08-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Djdplacecraft = http://i9.tinypic.com/67no8kn.jpg
:D

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Maybe you guys should run motor for motor first that way there is no question about how much spray each other is using.:idea:
Danny if you show you can make the rules:D

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Danny if
IF is a huge word but i WILL be at Aha that afternoon 100% positive.

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 10:30 PM
IF is a hugh word but i WILL be at Aha that afternoon 100% positive.
9am do not be late. Aha later does not count:)

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 10:36 PM
9am do not be late
Damn i have a hard enough time making it to work by then!!!!!:)

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Damn i have a hard enough time making it to work by then!!!!!:) I will have Brian tuck you in early Friday night:jawdrop:

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I will have Brian tuck you in early Friday night:jawdrop:He'll have to knock him out first. :D

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 11:04 PM
If i show up ill probably look like this!!!!:D
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1310/p8160013vv0.jpg

Johnwithjm
08-25-2007, 11:11 PM
So you are bringing Jimmy Dodd:D

djdtpr
08-25-2007, 11:20 PM
So you are bringing Jimmy Dodd:D
I wore that at the bar in yuma last weekend when he showed up but i dont think he thought it was as funny as i did.

pattymelt18
08-25-2007, 11:38 PM
er um like dude like i never drove a boat that totally fast dude so i guess i just dont know besides who was i bashin i wasnt bashin and my boat ran high 9.60s have fun at tha lake
ok guy high 9.60 thats exactly what im takn about.

pattymelt18
08-25-2007, 11:40 PM
PattyMelt ( actually pretty funny name)
Were all just havin fun in here. Have fun at the lake!;)
nobody said its not about havn fun jus shut up if u never went over 110:eek:

steelcomp
08-25-2007, 11:41 PM
ok guy high 9.60 thats exactly what im takn about.You obviously don't know what you're talkin about.
Let it go bud. It's all in fun.

Bense468
08-26-2007, 12:00 AM
senior foxwell, was referring to guru and bense.
I got a boat pecker...bring your drinking shoes, I'm not there to drag race. :D

Cs19
08-26-2007, 07:56 AM
That works for me, I know Finnegan wants a motor/motor race with John real bad but its like pulling teeth to get that race, leads us to believe the 516 boat relys on the bottle.:eek:
John, I will pull a jet and show you it will have .024 jets in there which is 175, I backed if off for alot of different reasons, number one is I want to be safe.

dossangers
08-26-2007, 09:38 AM
I thought i stumbled in Bench Racers but it the Jet Racers section its get'in intense in here wheres MAXI when you need him!!!!:D :D

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:42 AM
That works for me, I know Finnegan wants a motor/motor race with John real bad but its like pulling teeth to get that race, leads us to believe the 516 boat relys on the bottle.:eek:
John, I will pull a jet and show you it will have .024 jets in there which is 175, I backed if off for alot of different reasons, number one is I want to be safe.
You do not have to pull jets for me I believe you. Motor on motor 470 ci chevy against 572 Pontiacs or bigger whatever you guys want.

AV137
08-26-2007, 10:00 AM
That sounds good to me. I'd like to see motor to motor, boat to boat, no bottle. I've got a ski jet legal R&D Marine 460 bbc.See you guys in the lagoon it's gonna be a blast, the 4th was.

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 10:02 AM
You do not have to pull jets for me I believe you. Motor on motor 470 ci chevy against 572 Pontiacs or bigger whatever you guys want.
hmmmm:idea: :idea:

sofa king smooth
08-26-2007, 10:19 AM
:)

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 10:28 AM
:)
You are just getting here and this is all you have to add?:confused:
:D :D
Who you taking in this battle Joe?

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Stop calling me John!!:mad: :mad:

sofa king smooth
08-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Winner.:D

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Joe is redcup all the way so I am gonna go out on a limb and say CS;)

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Stop calling me John!!:mad: :mad:
Sorry I have a buddy who needed a loan. I will send him elsewhere my bad:mad:

sofa king smooth
08-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Have to go with red cup John. Should be good just have to stick with the colors.
Looking forward to a ride in the deck boat.
Tony bring bling bling down theres plenty of water.

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Have to go with red cup John. Should be good just have to stick with the colors.
Looking forward to a ride in the deck boat.
Tony bring bling bling down theres plenty of water.
Bling bling would do very well but lets face it Guru will not show. Joe you can take the deck out for a spin anytime.

Red Rocket
08-26-2007, 11:43 AM
What's with all the conditions for racing at the river, motor on motor, bottle, no bottle, race boat, river boat, I thought river racing was whatever goes. If you want rules go to the track where they have specific classes that will lay out all the rules for you. We are pulling out all the extra weight, putting in the 500 shot and if that isn't enough we will be bring out the spare bullet.:D The red cup team will take a beating!!!:crossx:

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 01:52 PM
What's with all the conditions for racing at the river, motor on motor, bottle, no bottle, race boat, river boat, I thought river racing was whatever goes. If you want rules go to the track where they have specific classes that will lay out all the rules for you. We are pulling out all the extra weight, putting in the 500 shot and if that isn't enough we will be bring out the spare bullet.:D The red cup team will take a beating!!!:crossx:
Well said. Run what you brung and hope you brought enough:jawdrop:

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
WoW the Red Rooster came out swinging! Not leaving anything on the table.
The Bling Bling would be considered a raceboat not much of a river boat. But just for sh its and giggles I'll post the times and you can compare to see how it might stack up.
1/8th et 4.16et
1/8th mph 126mph
1/4 et 7.51et
1/4 mph 137mph

TRG
08-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Damn! i wish i was on the water for this weekend! have fun, be safe!

cyclone
08-26-2007, 04:38 PM
pulling out all the extra weight? does that mean you're driving?:D

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
It would not matter against you Cyclone. Put on your NOS for the weekend your gonna need it:jawdrop: Most important thing check your shoe and ride plate bolts:D

sofa king smooth
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
WoW the Red Rooster came out swinging! Not leaving anything on the table.
The Bling Bling would be considered a raceboat not much of a river boat. But just for sh its and giggles I'll post the times and you can compare to see how it might stack up.
1/8th et 4.16et
1/8th mph 126mph
1/4 et 7.51et
1/4 mph 137mph
I'm covered.
Best 1/8 et 4.36
best 1/4 et 8.17

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm covered.
Best 1/8 et 4.36
best 1/4 et 8.17
Yep me to. I say Bling Bling against Cyclone

Cs19
08-26-2007, 05:12 PM
470 ci chevy against 572 Pontiacs or bigger whatever you guys want.
I still dont get the obsession with cubic inch and cylinder head type...Are you trying to say your an underdog cause "its only a 470 inch headed chevy"? Horsepower is horsepower wether its a briggs and stratton, volkswagen, big chief, little chief whatever. You make within 50 HP of the "pontiacs" BOTTOMLINE end of story.
Thats a wicked little motor Mike built for you but your Hp numbers never should have leaked out if you wanted to sandbag with the "its only a 470" chevy headed deal"

Red Rocket
08-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Actually there will be at least three boats there that you may get to pair up with that I could be driving. Some with the bottle some without!

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 05:19 PM
I still dont get the obsession with cubic inch and cylinder head type...Are you trying to say your an underdog cause "its only a 470 inch headed chevy"? Horsepower is horsepower wether its a briggs and stratton, volkswagen, big chief, little chief whatever. You make within 50 HP of the "pontiacs" BOTTOMLINE end of story.
Thats a wicked little motor Mike built for you but your Hp numbers never should have leaked out if you wanted to sandbag with the "its only a 470" chevy headed deal"
Underdog I never said that. It is river racing so no rule and none of that raceboat riverboat stuff Sandbaging I do not think so. It is still 470 ci not a huge pontiac that is all I said.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 06:08 PM
It would not matter against you Cyclone. Put on your NOS for the weekend your gonna need it:jawdrop: Most important thing check your shoe and ride plate bolts:D
lmfao. i'm never gonna live that one down. :D
no n20 for me. not yet anyway.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Actually there will be at least three boats there that you may get to pair up with that I could be driving. Some with the bottle some without!
killer. looking forward to it.

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 07:47 PM
you are absolutely correct on this post!!
one minor detail,
What kind of torque does the Olds make? I'd be guessing you are almost 200 ft lbs more? Torque = ET

Cs19
08-26-2007, 08:30 PM
you are absolutely correct on this post!!
one minor detail,
What kind of torque does the Olds make? I'd be guessing you are almost 200 ft lbs more? Torque = ET
That may be the case in the world of flatbottoms, not with jets Tony. 200 ft. lbs is a long shot

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 08:36 PM
That may be the case in the world of flatbottoms, not with jets Tony. 200 ft. lbs is a long shot
Im guessing you are near 840ft lbs and I am thinking John to be around 670-680ft lbs
From what I know about jets , when Brule put a gearbox in his PGJ it picked up huge. A gearbox is essentially a torque multiplier. The more torque, the more water you will be able to displace. (Given you are set up properly with your pump )

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Cyclopse,
I am in agreement one hundred percent on the weight thing.
But here is the rub,
Every weight advantage you can come up is nullified by, well John.
He has to be 3 bills + and CS might be 165lbs dripping wet with a couple of bricks in his pockets. Advantage= Nobody

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Im guessing you are near 840ft lbs and I am thinking John to be around 670-680ft lbs
From what I know about jets , when Brule put a gearbox in his PGJ it picked up huge. A gearbox is essentially a torque multiplier. The more torque, the more water you will be able to displace. (Given you are set up properly with your pump )
Now I no why you are the Jetboat Guru.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Cyclopse,
But here is the rub,
He has to be 3 bills + and CS might be 165lbs dripping wet with a couple of bricks in his pockets. Advantage= Nobody
yeah i thinking in general and not just with regards to john. boat for boat the lightweight one has the advantage. you can have 4000hp but with a jet boat getting out of the hole from an idle is tough.

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Cyclopse,
But here is the rub,
If I have the meatloaf and pot pie the numbers go up:D

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Now I no why you are the Jetboat Guru.
This aint my first RoDayO John. :)

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
yeah i thinking in general and not just with regards to john. boat for boat the lightweight one has the advantage. you can have 4000hp but with a jet boat getting out of the hole from an idle is tough.
Weight is the cheapest hp you can find. It loses its advantage and it becomes its disadvantage in the wind however.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Weight is the cheapest hp you can find. It loses its advantage and it becomes its disadvantage in the wind however.
wind sucks.

Cs19
08-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Im actually 175-180 lbs dripping wet.
Im ordering a gearbox as we speak after reading Tonys post.;)
Did you ever ask Red Rocket about the time he ran a gear box? It ended up in Spam for a reason.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Did you ever ask Red Rocket about the time he ran a gear box? It ended up in Spam for a reason.
if testing doesnt go well tomorrow i'm i'm skipping the n20 and just going right to putting a blower back on my motor for this weekend. that ought to get er done.

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:18 PM
if testing doesnt go well tomorrow i'm i'm skipping the n20 and just going right to putting a blower back on my motor for this weekend. that ought to get er done.
A blower is just what you need. That extra 150lbs will help:D

steelcomp
From what I know about jets , when Brule put a gearbox in his PGJ it picked up huge. A gearbox is essentially a torque multiplier. The more torque, the more water you will be able to displace. (Given you are set up properly with your pump )It's not about tq, or hp, it's about usable power. My 467made 680 lbs/ft at 5500, but peak hp @ only 7100. The 470 may be down on tq compared to CS's engine, but if it can run up where the hp is, it dosen't matter. Power is power. Also, a jet dosen't have to pull through a power band like a v-drive...it basically goes to one rpm and stays there, but few jets turn 8 grand. With small displacement it's hard to build power in a usable rpm for jets, so more cubic inches (like CS's) is the answer. It's not because they make more power, they just make more torque at a lower rpm. Better usable power. Again, power is power, though. The gear reduction allows the smaller engine to operate at higher rpm where it makes more power, and lets the jet spin in it's lower rpm effeciency range.
Sorry. Just rambling. Bored.

Jetboatguru
I watched Brule in marble Falls go 2 tenths quicker in the heat. He ran 8.18 I believe. This PGJ back in 1998 and 99. They werent making the horsepower back then they are now.
I believe Zellmer had one as well. Not quite sure. You have to remember CS these guys are on top of there game. They never made excuses.

Cs19
Just for clarification...I think its a fair enough race and Ill run him with all my river gear bolted in... Its the "470 vs. pontiac" thing that wears me out. John clearly runs better than us at the race track.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:22 PM
A blower is just what you need. That extra 150lbs will help:D
that ought to even things up since you wont run me without your little bottle. :D
and dont give me that run what you brung crap. we already know the outcome of your boat on nitrous and mine on motor. we did that at the track already.

RCB19
08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I wounder if Don Cox will make a few safety passes in the hydro???:jawdrop:

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
safety. :D

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Just for clarification...I think its a fair enough race and Ill run him with all my river gear bolted in... Its the "470 vs. pontiac" thing that wears me out. John clearly runs better than us at the race track.
For a guaranteed win, challenge him to a 40 yard dash!

Cs19
08-26-2007, 09:25 PM
The John D./Cyclone race needs to happen, and Johns bottle needs to stay on the beach.

RCB19
08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
safety. :D
Ok a BALLS pass.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok a BALLS pass.
lol. clickin into second with no gear on. love it. :)

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Chris my boat runs pretty good for what it has. I do not think I run better than you guys lets face it we have no clue what your boat will run with all the changes you made till you go down the track. The chevy pontiac thing is a huge plus to the pontiac. I no what a pontiac can make remember I have on also. Ask Miller about the pontiac thing he will tell you it can be a huge difference. I think we are pretty evenly matched so it will be a good race. What wears me out is the river boat raceboat thing.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:31 PM
i got a jet boat. it goes the down river good. it goes down the race track good. its perfect at neither.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:31 PM
hey Bizzle...get off the couch and get your shit together for labor day. you're too close not to make it.

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:32 PM
that ought to even things up since you wont run me without your little bottle. :D
and dont give me that run what you brung crap. we already know the outcome of your boat on nitrous and mine on motor. we did that at the track already.
Go to the track and run a class with no NOS. I run UBFJ.

RCB19
08-26-2007, 09:32 PM
lol. clickin into second with no gear on. love it. :)
He had gear he was sittin' on a throw cushion.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Go to the track and run a class with no NOS. I run UBFJ.
wonk wonk wonk. we arent talking about the track. this thread is about the river next weekend. did you forget?

RCB19
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
hey Bizzle...get off the couch and get your shit together for labor day. you're too close not to make it.
Dyno on the 10th. I guess I'm cooler jockey again. Lets all hit up Yuma late in the season.

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Dyno on the 10th. I guess I'm cooler jockey again. Lets all hit up Yuma late in the season.
september ill be at big river a lot. october is wide open though so yuma works for me.

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:35 PM
wonk wonk wonk. we arent talking about the track. this thread is about the river next weekend. did you forget?
Did you forget who invited you. Run what you brung or go race some slower boats that will be there WONK WONK:D

Jetboatguru
08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
ANd John thinks the Whole Race boat / River boat thing is played out. CS claims to have a River boat and John has a race boat. Cs has race motor, John D has river motor. Perfect!!!

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Did you forget who invited you. Run what you brung or go race some slower boats that will be there WONK WONK:D
are you threatening to take your ball and go home?:D

RCB19
08-26-2007, 09:38 PM
september ill be at big river a lot. october is wide open though so yuma works for me.
Nice! Water is warm down there till December.

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:39 PM
are you threatening to take your ball and go home?:D
No but I no what next weekend is river racing. That is what my coment ment;)

cyclone
08-26-2007, 09:41 PM
No but I no what next weekend is river racing. That is what my comet ment;)
you dished out the invite so be a good host. there better be cold budlight on ice on the shore for us spectators.

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:45 PM
you dished out the invite so be a good host. there better be cold budlight on ice on the shore for us spectators.You got the invite so beer is on you slowclone:D

TRG
08-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Great reading! CHEERS!(Beer in the air!)
keep it up!

Cs19
08-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Im done with the big chief/chevy deal, you gotta be F'in kidding me. HP is HP wether its a conventional head or a freaking flat head.
:hammer2: :hammer2:

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Im done with the big chief/chevy deal, you gotta be F'in kidding me. HP is HP wether its a conventional head or a freaking flat head.
:hammer2: :hammer2:I agree with you HP is HP

HBjet
08-26-2007, 09:55 PM
That was nothing for the guy. Seen him run a hydro harder at Lost Lake back in the day and even at the track. He's even crashed one (capsuled) at just under 200 if I remember correctly. It was a long time ago.

RCB19
08-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Whats Up Randy? You and the girlie up at BR for the weekend? Did you get a new balancer?

djdtpr
08-26-2007, 10:25 PM
1/8th et 4.16et
1/8th mph 126mph
1/4 et 7.51et
1/4 mph 137mph
Finally a boat i would pair up against i hope you bring that pile!!!!!!!!:D
Just talkin smack i can run a strong 9.40 look it up.I only hope we get back early enough to watch. you guys got some bad azz sizzle.

djdtpr
08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
october is wide open though so yuma works for me.
IM your huckle berry!!!!!:D
Win lose or draw we are gettin hammied!

HBjet
08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Whats Up Randy? You and the girlie up at BR for the weekend? Did you get a new balancer?
We will be at BR over Labor Day Weekend. Rolling out Friday after work and staying until Monday night.
The motor is ready to go and I just relocated the diverter handle so I can actually reach it when I have the vest on. I just need to move the n2o button to the other side of the wheel.
I did find some damage to the mini bulkhead at the rear of my flase floor. Where it meets the bottom of the boat (inside) the glass has cracked so water is going up and under the floor. Already saw Todd and I am good to go for the weekend, but I just neet to make sure I keep it as dry as I can.
Also finally fixed the oil leak I have been chasing. So we will see if what you pointed out was the problem.
When you rolling out?

MudPumper
08-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Hey Ross, did you get the boat going yet??

MAXIMUS
08-27-2007, 04:50 AM
BEWARE OF THE PIRATE SHIP.... Tony might have to bring that pig out & bash a few pringles... Tony I will loan it to ya for the weekend... Can't make it as the wife & I are planning a day at Bed Bath & Beyond for a new set of towles & a throw pillow. Just line em up & start at one end finish at the other...:devil:

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 06:27 AM
Maxipus,
Glad you could make the party. Does the pirate ship make special engagements? the jet guys are a little more sensitive then the V drivers. Their MO is to already have it set up as to why they lost a particular race. "Hey man, your boat is a race boat" Or "He beat me because he has an oldsmobile. Or "Dude, my bottle only had 700lbs of pressure." It is great to see the competitive spirits come out though. You are still a Big Gay Jesus by the way.

cyclone
08-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Maxipus,
Glad you could make the party. Does the pirate ship make special engagements? the jet guys are a little more sensitive then the V drivers. Their MO is to already have it set up as to why they lost a particular race. "Hey man, your boat is a race boat" Or "He beat me because he has an oldsmobile. Or "Dude, my bottle only had 700lbs of pressure." It is great to see the competitive spirits come out though. You are still a Big Gay Jesus by the way.
And now when you dont show up this thread will go straight bench racers-because we'll be callin you a homo for the next week. i told you the wife would make you fruity drinks if that's what it takes to get you to the river. :)

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 07:07 AM
LOL you guys make it seem like it is just a 4 hour jaunt to the river. It is 10 hours and I have a 120lb dog that I have to make arrangements for. It's not that easy. Thanks for the offer on the fruity drinks!:D

LOWRIVER2
08-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Allright Tony,
So I waste a few minutes and read some of this thread,
40 yard dash?
Don't be hating on size Mr. S. You enter John's pad and he'll have you by your neck, rest assured/LOL!
I'd say neither you or anyone on this thread is too quick in that dept. Too much wrenching, fast food and alcohol leads to slow moving boaters out of the driver's seat.
Alright, intermission over, call when and if you ever return to So cal. JBfocker!

bp
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
I watched Brule in marble Falls go 2 tenths quicker in the heat. He ran 8.18 I believe. This PGJ back in 1998 and 99. They werent making the horsepower back then they are now.
I believe Zellmer had one as well. Not quite sure. You have to remember CS these guys are on top of there game. They never made excuses.
very true. we ran the owens gear in the biz for almost two years. tried a couple different gear ratios, and some other things to see if it was about "torque" or "hp". without that gear, we never would have set and reset all those records. in 2000, we were running in the 7.90s at marble falls, which wasn't bad considering the water/air conditions there.
so what time/day do the races happen? john vs cs is a tough call...

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Allright Tony,
So I waste a few minutes and read some of this thread,
40 yard dash?
Don't be hating on size Mr. S. You enter John's pad and he'll have you by your neck, rest assured/LOL!
I'd say neither you or anyone on this thread is too quick in that dept. Too much wrenching, fast food and alcohol leads to slow moving boaters out of the driver's seat.
Alright, intermission over, call when and if you ever return to So cal. JBfocker!
Come on Gary. I can still run a sub 5 40. used to be able to run a 4.6. But that was back in the day. :D

cyclone
08-27-2007, 08:10 AM
LOL you guys make it seem like it is just a 4 hour jaunt to the river. It is 10 hours and I have a 120lb dog that I have to make arrangements for. It's not that easy. Thanks for the offer on the fruity drinks!:D
just get down to orange county. I'll get you to the river. you can leave your dog at Brule's house since we know he's not going to show up and he and the wife love animals. problem solved. god i'm good.

LOWRIVER2
08-27-2007, 08:16 AM
I"ve got a Hundred that says I'll take you and I weigh 50lbs more than you do.
What does THAT say about weight and racing?
Ha!
Come on down
Anyways, get down here sometime and out of that damn liberal nor cal for a change.

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 08:18 AM
very true. we ran the owens gear in the biz for almost two years. tried a couple different gear ratios, and some other things to see if it was about "torque" or "hp". without that gear, we never would have set and reset all those records. in 2000, we were running in the 7.90s at marble falls, which wasn't bad considering the water/air conditions there.
so what time/day do the races happen? john vs cs is a tough call...
Lets see,
The Worlds Quickest PGJ "The Biz" ran a gear reduction box. Running a Schmidt motor that had to run upstairs in RPMs because it did not make the torque/power down low.
I wouldn't put one of those in CS19.
Now I know I know you are gonna say that Hicks doesn't run one. But he runs a 565 olds on the bottle. Even without the bottle he doesn't need one because of the torque his big motor makes.

Cs19
08-27-2007, 09:51 AM
You will invest 3 straight days on this thread and god only knows how many phone calls between you and john but you wont drive to the river? And to top it off he blames it on the dog LOL.
Internet racing at its best!

MAXIMUS
08-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Maxipus,
I figured you didn't have the sack to shoe that thing anyway... a couple of wallows back & forth & you would piss yourself...:cry: looks like you already got your ass handed to you before leaving the office!:eek: By the way you are still a tool!:D

MAXIMUS
08-27-2007, 10:07 AM
John don't be to hard on Tony... he has been fighting a spastic colon again...:( anybody who has heard of these deals know how traumatic they can be!:( Tony we are hear for you, even if you munch meat!:)

FuelInMyVeins82
08-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Look whos making excuses now. :D
Just a shot in the dark but could the gear box be working due to the fact that it is slowing the pump down to an RPM where it is more efficent while still letting the motor wind out to its peak power. Also does torque have that much of an impact on accelertion when you sitting at the same RPM all the way down the track?

djdtpr
08-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Also does torque have that much of an impact on accelertion when you sitting at the same RPM all the way down the track?
I would think so if you are running 6500 all the way down the track with engine A and then you install engine B that makes another say 200 ft lbs of torque dont you think that the engine would gain rpm? It is like pulling a steep grade in your truck hauling a heavy load and all you can run is 3000 but then you crank the chip up to level 5 that offers another 150 lbs of torque and wala you are grabbin another gear and haulin the mail. Just my .02

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 02:07 PM
John don't be to hard on Tony... he has been fighting a spastic colon again...:( anybody who has heard of these deals know how traumatic they can be!:( Tony we are hear for you, even if you munch meat!:)
LMAO:D

bp
08-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Lets see,
The Worlds Quickest PGJ "The Biz" ran a gear reduction box. Running a Schmidt motor that had to run upstairs in RPMs because it did not make the torque/power down low.
Now I know I know you are gonna say that Hicks doesn't run one. But he runs a 565 olds on the bottle. Even without the bottle he doesn't need one because of the torque his big motor makes.
it made ALOT of torque at a lower number, but the hp peak was way above that, way on the downslope of the torque curve. trying to run it at the "torque peak" number, it was a slug. had to run it near the hp peak, which was 8600 back in the day.
i think if you look at most of the engines built specifically for a jet boat, they aren't designed with the torque/hp curves that far apart. but if you were using a current state of the art prostock deal, you'd want the reduction gear for several reasons. head over heels still runs one with their reher morrison prostock engine, and they're the quickest pgj out there. even roeschen runs a gear with his schmidt comp motor.
jerry's engine isn't a 565 (it's a little smaller than that), and he hasn't run the bottle much at all for the past 5 years - doesn't have to.

bp
08-27-2007, 02:52 PM
LMAO:D
hey john, what time/which day/where are these races gonna take place?

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 03:00 PM
hey john, what time/which day/where are these races gonna take place?
We are racing Sat 9am down river. I think there will be races at Aha Sat& Sunday evening.

Dogballs
08-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Anyone know the distance from Water Wheel to Aha by river??

djdtpr
08-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Anyone know the distance from Water Wheel to Aha by river??
I was told almost 5 miles.

Dogballs
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I was told almost 5 miles.
Thanks man!

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
You will invest 3 straight days on this thread and god only knows how many phone calls between you and john but you wont drive to the river? And to top it off he blames it on the dog LOL.
Internet racing at its best!
Lets look at this brain surgeon post.
Invested 3 days in this thread. Each post may have taken me 2 minutes to post at best. X 20 posts= 40 minutes. Not exactly what I would call 3 days junior.
When you make the drive to CFW (Wait I distinctly remember at least twice that you were gonna man up and make the drive and low behold YOU DIDNT!) then you can sling it.
As for the phone calls to/fro John, I wont take his calls. He is always calling too.
My dog takes preference over river racing.:D :D
Now lets get back to the Big Chiefs vs the "little chevy that could" match up.
The Big Chiefs should take this race. If they don't :) :idea: :)

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I figured you didn't have the sack to shoe that thing anyway... a couple of wallows back & forth & you would piss yourself...:cry: looks like you already got your ass handed to you before leaving the office!:eek: By the way you are still a tool!:D
I see you are still upset about me turning you down sexually. I told you numerous times Benji that you are a cool cat and all but I am into women. I did tell you that i was flattered by all the compliments you gave me on my ass but that is not gonna sway me. Fag!

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Invested 3 days in this thread. Each post may have taken me 2 minutes to post at best. X 20 posts= 40 minutes. Not exactly what I would call 3 days junior.
When you make the drive to CFW (Wait I distinctly remember at least twice that you were gonna man up and make the drive and low behold YOU DIDNT!) then you can sling it.
As for the phone calls to/fro John, I wont take his calls. He is always calling too.
I have you on call blocking here at my house. So stop calling:eek:

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 05:09 PM
John,
Do you think you will beat Chris on Saturday?

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 05:25 PM
John,
Do you think you will beat Chris on Saturday?
No he has a Pontiac LOL

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 06:35 PM
He's not around tonight?:(
he is probably handfitting his new coated pistons squeezing every little ounce of power with his 17.75-1 compression and 45 CC chambered oldsmoblile firebreathing heads.
(Please notice :D )

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
He's not around tonight?:(
he is probably handfitting his new coated pistons squeezing every little ounce of power with his 17.75-1 compression and 45 CC chambered oldsmoblile firebreathing heads.
(Please notice :D )
Word on the street is that Red cup racing- cyclone and CS are at the lake doing some testing.

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Word on the street is that Red cup racing- cyclone and CS are at the lake doing some testing.
Do they allow Pontiacs/Oldsmobiles on the lake?
Im calling you on the phone John! Is your refrigerator running?

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Guru stop calling here I am way to busy eating icecream to take your call!!

Jetboatguru
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
You should be in your garage working on your little tiny Chevy. It is in for the fight of its life come Saturday night. David vs Goliath.
:D

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
You should be in your garage working on your little tiny Chevy. It is in for the fight of its life come Saturday night. David vs Goliath.
:D The 500 shot is in and ready. I just tested it.

djdtpr
08-27-2007, 07:37 PM
The 500 shot is in and ready.
Well i guess you are ready for Mike D now!

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Well i guess you are ready for Mike D now! Mike D will be a playa this weekend. So Danny you gonna make the 9 am racing?

Mike D..
08-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Well i guess you are ready for Mike D now!
How did I get dragged into this 3 ring circus, I smell trouble in this thread. I think my sled is hurt right now

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 07:47 PM
How did I get dragged into this 3 ring circus, I smell trouble in this thread. I think my sled is hurt right now Do you want to use my spare motor?

Mike D..
08-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Do you want to use my spare motor?
Pulling the pontiac out of the deck boat? Sure I`ll run your chevy motor

djdtpr
08-27-2007, 07:49 PM
How did I get dragged into this 3 ring circus, I smell trouble in this thread. I think my sled is hurt right now
Hmmmmm i herd from a guy that knows a guy who has a sister who dates a guy who has a brother that rents a room from a guy in parker that has a cousin that was fishin last weekend by Aha and said that you were there testing some great big wazoo nitrous setup!!!!!

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Pulling the pontiac out of the deck boat? Sure I`ll run your chevy motor
No you got it all wrong the pontiac is the spare:jawdrop:

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Hmmmmm i herd from a guy that knows a guy who has a sister who dates a guy who has a brother that rents a room from a guy in parker that has a cousin that was fishin last weekend by Aha and said that you were there testing some great big wazoo nitrous setup!!!!!
I heard that same rumor:D

Mike D..
08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
I heard that same rumor:D
:idea: I might need a piston or two

djdtpr
08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
:idea: I might need a piston or two
I got a few extras but they are pretty small for all you guy,they are for a little 461.

Mike D..
08-27-2007, 08:02 PM
I got a few extras but they are pretty small for all you guy,they are for a little 461.
I might be able to use 2 for one hole

djdtpr
08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
I might be able to use 2 for one hole
They seem bigger when there is a blower on top of them shoving 35 lbs of boost at them.

sofa king smooth
08-27-2007, 08:13 PM
I have a spare chevy in my shop.:)

Mike D..
08-27-2007, 08:15 PM
I have a spare chevy in my shop.:)
Just ONE ??? I heard it was a shop full of motors

Mike D..
08-27-2007, 08:17 PM
They seem bigger when there is a blower on top of them shoving 35 lbs of boost at them.
I forgot alcohol makes them expand to the right size, I might have to try that too!

sofa king smooth
08-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Just one. Wifes old motor just waiting for its new owner,he better hurry up and pick it up. See ya Saturday. Who's bringing horseshoes to the sand bar?

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Just one. Wifes old motor just waiting for its new owner,he better hurry up and pick it up. See ya Saturday. Who's bringing horseshoes to the sand bar?
So who is the new owner?

sofa king smooth
08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
My neighbor in Needles. Maybe I should rent it out for the weekend.:D

steelcomp
08-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Lets see,
Now I know I know you are gonna say that Hicks doesn't run one. But he runs a 565 olds on the bottle. Even without the bottle he doesn't need one because of the torque his big motor makes.Not to mention how light his boat is...and it's not the torque, it's the power. I keep tryin to tell yous guys...

Johnwithjm
08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
My neighbor in Needles. Maybe I should rent it out for the weekend.:D
Who ever rents it could be a player;)

Cs19
08-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Waaahhhh :cry:
Youve got days invested in this BS and you know it.

Cs19
08-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Who ever rents it could be a player;)
no you need a pontiac to be a player
you guys should be crying to the guys with aluminum engines not the guys with big chiefs.

FuelInMyVeins82
08-27-2007, 11:32 PM
I would think so if you are running 6500 all the way down the track with engine A and then you install engine B that makes another say 200 ft lbs of torque dont you think that the engine would gain rpm? It is like pulling a steep grade in your truck hauling a heavy load and all you can run is 3000 but then you crank the chip up to level 5 that offers another 150 lbs of torque and wala you are grabbin another gear and haulin the mail. Just my .02
I would disagree. When you switch to engine b it may get to peak power for that particular setup quicker but I dont think you would gain RPM. A gradual torque curve that does not fall off way before peak power is ideal but does not make a huge difference in a jet boat due to the fact that you are sitting at the same RPM all the way down the track and there is very little load in a jet pump. In the truck when you up the chip to gain torque you are working through a transmission, rear end ect w/ makes a difference, and like you said you are pulling gears w/ is increasing RPM and there for creating torque. I'm sure one of the gurus (not the guru:D ) could explain it better.

RCB19
08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe you guys should be runnin the free KROQ condoms. But be carefull and don't blow the tail!!!

djdtpr
08-27-2007, 11:49 PM
I would disagree. When you switch to engine b it may get to peak power for that particular setup quicker but I dont think you would gain RPM. A gradual torque curve that does not fall off way before peak power is ideal but does not make a huge difference in a jet boat due to the fact that you are sitting at the same RPM all the way down the track and there is very little load in a jet pump. In the truck when you up the chip to gain torque you are working through a transmission, rear end ect w/ makes a difference, and like you said you are pulling gears w/ is increasing RPM and there for creating torque. I'm sure one of the gurus (not the guru:D ) could explain it better.
Dont you think if you gained torque your peak hp and the rpm it makes it at would be higher? The pump if properly built to match motor a is basically like a dyno it will only alow the motor to pull to where the peak power is made. Now throw engine B at the same pump with more torqe and see what happends. I think it would be an interestin test to see what would happen.:confused: :confused:

HBjet
08-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Maybe you guys should be runnin the free KROQ condoms. But be carefull and don't blow the tail!!!
And don't piss yourself either when you do... :D

RCB19
08-27-2007, 11:53 PM
And don't piss yourself either when you do... :D
Footage soon to follow...

Cs19
08-27-2007, 11:53 PM
jetboatguru, nice shorts pal!
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x58/cs19_photos/irvine20lake200551.jpg?t=1188287017
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x58/cs19_photos/irvinelake058.jpg?t=1188287100
JohnwithJM fan club
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x58/cs19_photos/irvinelake054.jpg?t=1188287132

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-27-2007, 11:57 PM
For a guaranteed win, challenge him to a 40 yard dash!
How about me and you in a 40yrd dash:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Did they all sleep with each other:D

Cs19
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
no, we were on ***boat all day, well actually only for 40 minutes..
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x58/cs19_photos/irvine20lake200372.jpg?t=1188287970

djdtpr
08-28-2007, 12:29 AM
no, we were on ***boat all day, well actually only for 40 minutes..
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x58/cs19_photos/irvine20lake200372.jpg?t=1188287970
Looks like it was a nice test and tune session taday.

Jetboatguru
08-28-2007, 05:49 AM
CS19
Is that the best you can do is come up with some 516 signs on paper? And to take a picture of your buddy after he pissed himself and called him me?
BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAA HAAAAAA.
Come on Chris. Are you upset because I made fun of your scoop? Dont be butthurt at me because the two headed aardvark called and wants his head back. I hope the big Chiefs come out on top. It would be a sad day if they turned out to be underachievers. I remember when DNE built that motor and it was in Streatch's boat. It hauled ass. It just hasn't been the same. (seriously) My hat is off to you for building your own stuff. I am not leaving this computer for the next two days. I need to get my hours in.

Jetboatguru
08-28-2007, 05:52 AM
How about me and you in a 40yrd dash:idea:
Who is gonna push your wheel chair gramps? :)

Big Proppa
08-28-2007, 06:34 AM
guru said "spandau ballet" thats ****ing awesome:D

Jetboatguru
08-28-2007, 06:57 AM
I like it when you call me BIG PROPPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dogballs
08-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Looks like it was a nice test and tune session taday.
Thats not Irvine Lake is it???????

BUSBY
08-28-2007, 07:16 AM
uh oh ... someone said Irvine Lake ... :eek:

Cs19
08-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Im out.
See you guys Sat morning, Im running John then back to water wheel to hang with the crew.
CS

Cs19
08-28-2007, 08:12 AM
We called in a few favors and got a quick test session in..
Thanks to those who let us test, we really appreciate it.

BUSBY
08-28-2007, 08:40 AM
jetboatguru, nice shorts pal!
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x58/cs19_photos/irvine20lake200551.jpg?t=1188287017
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x58/cs19_photos/irvinelake058.jpg?t=1188287100
JohnwithJM fan club
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x58/cs19_photos/irvinelake054.jpg?t=1188287132
Red Cup at Cook's Corner ... fun stuff ...
That guy who pissed his pants was stinking drunk ... got kicked out of the bar like 4-5 times ... and kept coming back in ... too fockin funny ...
Good times on a Monday night ... and busting John's balls without having him there was a blast (sorry John) ... we were easily amused by the 8th beer or so ...
John, you and Mike should have been there ... it was just as good as last time, if not better ...
again, fun times! thanks for the invite guys ...
BB

Johnwithjm
08-28-2007, 08:52 AM
I remember that place it was a blast. The guy who pissed all over himself must have been with Cyclones crew:D

Johnwithjm
08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Im out.
See you guys Sat morning, Im running John then back to water wheel to hang with the crew.
CS
Come on Chris this has all been in good fun so do not be mad. I am glad you guys were thinking of me at the bar. Hope the testing went well.

djdtpr
08-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Did they all sleep with each other:D
No just the same chick thats actualy how i ended up hearing about it............................................ and shes my sister!:jawdrop: :D

djdtpr
08-28-2007, 09:37 AM
JohnwithJM fan club
Why does Jordan and Ross look Way more hammied than Brian,Mike ,Chris and And And who the hell is that bald guy? I am gonna go out on a limb and say Randy. I like the world piece sighns too keep up the good work.

BUSBY
08-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Why does Jordan and Ross look Way more hammied than Brian,Mike ,Chris and And And who the hell is that bald guy? I am gonna go out on a limb and say Randy. I like the world piece sighns too keep up the good work.
Jordan & Ross, Because they started before us ... about 5 minutes before ... but still before ... or were their smiles because they were on their knees? :eek: j/k guys ...
Yes it's Randy ...
And the world peace gestures? That was in tribute to you :D or were you speaking about the signs?

FuelInMyVeins82
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM
thats just how it is. Notice how we are the only ones displaying our coldies.
Great test sesh. and fun times as always at cooks thanks to everyone who cam out and organized.

HBjet
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Why does Jordan and Ross look Way more hammied.
Rogers Owners always gotta work twice as hard. LOL :)

djdtpr
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
And the world peace gestures? That was in tribute to you :D
Where i come from thats how we wave at each other driving down the road.

djdtpr
08-28-2007, 11:11 AM
thats just how it is. Notice how we are the only ones displaying our coldies.
And the flavor of choice also i notice. Where is Andy in that pic? Probably in a cabinet in the background waiting to pop out.:D

djdtpr
08-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Rogers Owners always gotta work twice as hard. LOL :)
The life of a v bottom guy!:)

Bense468
08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Is Jerry (v-drive video) going to make am appereance this weekend? I know at least 30 videos would be purchased.