PDA

View Full Version : soon to be wet again!!!

watergun4u
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Who would have known, but it's going to back in the water in about a week or sooner, Thought that I was going to have to wait until next year to get this thing back together, But as luck would have it ,I scored on a killer deal on all the stuff I needed and it's was pretty much ready to build , but had to have some machine work done to get the clearences I need for my application, so that cost about 700 more but all is good now for a boat, motor before was built to run in a car, thats the only reason, I had to do anything to it, otherwise the motor was complete long block, with all new everything!, But anyways I am stocked to be back on the water before summer is over, cause it's still be dam hot here and going to the lake sure sounds great, so I cant wait:D :D Sure is nice to have friend's that help out! with out them I would be in dry dock for a while!!!!!and they no who they are!:D :D

'75 Miller
08-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Congrats! How long have you been dry-docked?
I've got about 6-8 hours and about $50 worth of misc. stainless hardware to go and my pile's ready to go. It's been 22+ months and more money than I can remember.
Good luck when you get her wet.

watergun4u
08-27-2007, 08:25 PM
man oh man, finelly got the old motor comletely torn down, and In the pan was nothing but kibble's and bit's, bent rods, so that all went in the trash pistons rods and all, only thing that might still be good is the crank and the cam,But the best part is, the other motor will be done by next week and I HOPE TO BE BACK IN THE WATER IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS baring any other problems! I can't wait, I want to go to the lake a few more time's before summer is over and there is no water anywhere! I'll try to post some pics soon, of before and after!:D

Jetaholic
08-28-2007, 05:42 AM
I hope you get yours on the water. Congrats on the deal. I got mine on the water for the first test drive this last Sunday, and all was well until my suction housing cracked. I've got another one on the way...should be here by Thursday. That'll give me 2 days to get the pump out and change it out. Hopefully I can be on the water by Labor Day.

watergun4u
08-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I hope you get yours on the water. Congrats on the deal. I got mine on the water for the first test drive this last Sunday, and all was well until my suction housing cracked. I've got another one on the way...should be here by Thursday. That'll give me 2 days to get the pump out and change it out. Hopefully I can be on the water by Labor Day.
I hope you make it for labor day, Myself I am not trying to make it for that, I have few other thing's to finish,before she hit's the water! but good luck on getting your's finished!:D