PDA

View Full Version : '08 Harleys

DILLIGAF
08-26-2007, 01:39 PM
The Rockers seem pretty nice and I can't wait to see them in person. Unless I dislike something about them when I get a test ride I think I am going to pick one up. Get rid of the Street Glide I have.
Anybody seen them in person?

AZJD
08-26-2007, 01:50 PM
The Rockers seem pretty nice and I can't wait to see them in person. Unless I dislike something about them when I get a test ride I think I am going to pick one up. Get rid of the Street Glide I have.
Not sure if I like them. So I went ahead and picked this up instead...
It's an 07' but I got it the last day before end of year #'s for next years orders quota.....
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/azjd1/HD003.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/azjd1/HD002.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/azjd1/HD005.jpg

CampbellCarl
08-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Tom
Does the new bike come in purple? I know that you're a fan!
Carl

twowheeledfish
08-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah, that Rocker C definitely caught my eye. The hidden passenger pillion is quite cool. I'll take one in blue or black, thanks.

DILLIGAF
08-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Tom
Does the new bike come in purple? I know that you're a fan!
Carl
Very funny Mr Carl. At least I can load/unload a bike by myself....lol
Next bike I am going with all black although the blue Rocker-C sure does look nice.
:)

DILLIGAF
08-26-2007, 08:16 PM
It's an 07' but I got it the last day before end of year #'s for next years orders quota.....
Mines an '06 and is Black Cherry. Not purple as Carl stated. I want to get back down in the frame as far as sitting again. The SG is nice and all but I want lower in the frame. The Rocker looks like the ticket for me.

riverbound
08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Mines an '06 and is Black Cherry. Not purple as Carl stated. I want to get back down in the frame as far as sitting again. The SG is nice and all but I want lower in the frame. The Rocker looks like the ticket for me.
Anyone gonna be around in the OC area labor day weekend andwant to ride??

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Very nice. I wanted to put some miles on mine this week before the over haul. Goes in Friday for a face lift......:D :D :D Bye bye chrome! And a nice set of PM Dominos contrast cut black wheels!
I will put some pics up next week of the finish product.

riverracerx
08-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Beautiful bike Justin!!

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Anyone gonna be around in the OC area labor day weekend andwant to ride??
If you gotta spare bike I will! We will be in Newport all weekend. Not bringing the bike though....

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Beautiful bike Justin!!
Thanks Chris.
Irronically enough I was looking through an old issue of American Bagger and found this....
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/azjd1/l_eec3844ea7b51b898fc348fb94ace014.jpg
Pretty much exactly what i'm doing. :(

DILLIGAF
08-26-2007, 08:34 PM
I won't be around and my girl gets back from NZ so I am locking her up in the AZ house....lol

DILLIGAF
08-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks Chris.
Irronically enough I was looking through an old issue of American Bagger and found this....
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/azjd1/l_eec3844ea7b51b898fc348fb94ace014.jpg
Pretty much exactly what i'm doing. :(
That will be good looking when done...
What are you doing with the chrome you are taking off? What about the wheels?

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:36 PM
That will be good looking when done...
What are you doing with the chrome you are taking off? What about the wheels?
Was going to dump them on e-bay. You looking for anything?

riverracerx
08-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I dig those wheels.

DILLIGAF
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Was going to dump them on e-bay. You looking for anything?
Naw, I am good. I was going to suggest that. Lots of SG's out there nowadays. When I got mine there weren't many on the road yet. Now, everywhere I go I see them. With what you are doing with yours it will make it stand out in the crowd.

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
I dig those wheels.
I did too! Had to have them! Until I saw the price.... But I had to have them!:D
2 damn rims for a motorcycle were almost as much as my 35 toyos and 20 KMC rockstars!:eek: :idea:
I thought boating was expensive.

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Naw, I am good. I was going to suggest that. Lots of SG's out there nowadays. When I got mine there weren't many on the road yet. Now, everywhere I go I see them. With what you are doing with yours it will make it stand out in the crowd.
Alot of my friends here all build choppers and ride baggers. They talked me into a bagger first and I am glad I listened.
Mine will be no where near as nice as theirs, but I like it.

riverbound
08-26-2007, 08:44 PM
If you gotta spare bike I will! We will be in Newport all weekend. Not bringing the bike though....
I think we will have all 5 spoken for :( but if I come up with a spare, I will let you know.
You gonna be in Newport?? maybe I will make it down there:idea: gonna stay home and raise hell locally :devil:

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:46 PM
I think we will have all 5 spoken for :( but if I come up with a spare, I will let you know.
You gonna be in Newport?? maybe I will make it down there:idea: gonna stay home and raise hell locally :devil:
Sounds good. We will be on the island with Big Warlock and a slew of other boaters. My # is in my siggy! Give us a call, we will be drinking somewhere all weekend.

riverbound
08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
when we picked up our first one it was $12k out the door. that was about 6 years ago its amazing how much popularity they have gained since then:jawdrop: went the chopper route for a while still have 1) but now have 2 baggers again. :D

riverbound
08-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Sounds good. We will be on the island with Big Warlock and a slew of other boaters. My # is in my siggy! Give us a call, we will be drinking somewhere all weekend.
sounds like we have the same plans :D

cola
08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I did too! Had to have them! Until I saw the price.... But I had to have them!:D
2 damn rims for a motorcycle were almost as much as my 35 toyos and 20 KMC rockstars!:eek: :idea:
I thought boating was expensive.
I'am getting ready to put BST carbon fiber wheels on my Street Glide. I just picked up my Lyndall Racing Composite Rotors and want to do the wheels at the same time.
Tom, keep the Street Glide it's the pontoon bike us old guys deserve.:D

fatboy95
08-26-2007, 09:05 PM
HD actually means Huge Dollars.
Out of the crate the HD is a basic POS. My 05 Fatboy cost an additional $8k just to get it right. Then the clear coat on the Vivid Black clouded on the front fender and tank. Customer service would only replace the fender. Told me that since I moved from the coast to the inland valley it was an enviromental issue that clouded the clear coat because of the heat. Does HD sell any bikes in Arizona, Nevada or New Mexico where it gets a little hot? The reason for not replacing the tank is because the dealer removed the 05 anniversary medallions and those probably covered a defect in the paint. What the F--k kind of an answer is that? Those looked like a rodeo belt buckles compliments of Wille G's design department staffed by, Gaudy, Hideous and Horrendous. My 2c, if you are looking for a bar hopper there are some nice customs out there. For a cruiser to get an iron butt award BMW or Honda will keep you away from the Chiropractor and Audiologist.

AZJD
08-26-2007, 09:10 PM
HD actually means Huge Dollars.
Out of the crate the HD is a basic POS. My 05 Fatboy cost an additional $8k just to get it right. Then the clear coat on the Vivid Black clouded on the front fender and tank. Customer service would only replace the fender. Told me that since I moved from the coast to the inland valley it was an enviromental issue that clouded the clear coat because of the heat. Does HD sell any bikes in Arizona, Nevada or New Mexico where it gets a little hot? The reason for not replacing the tank is because the dealer removed the 05 anniversary medallions and those probably covered a defect in the paint. What the F--k kind of an answer is that? Those looked like a rodeo belt buckles compliments of Wille G's design department staffed by, Gaudy, Hideous and Horrendous. My 2c, if you are looking for a bar hopper there are some nice customs out there. For a cruiser to get an iron butt award BMW or Honda will keep you away from the Chiropractor and Audiologist.
Sorry to hear about your experience..... Hope you get a bike you like. I personally wasn't going to go with HD as a first choice. I was going to get the chop first. Glad I went with HD now. I rode it 2nite. 75 miles later and in 100 degree heat I feel like I shot down to the corner. No Fatigue, no hearing loss, and no problems. Bike is very quiet. Pipes, tuner and intake go on this weekend, so I immagine that will change things. I rode with a buddy who has a SG with pipes and hi is quiet as long as your not behind him. I personally want my shit loud. Save my ass. His wife has the new night rod, and it is way too quiet.

DILLIGAF
08-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Tom, keep the Street Glide it's the pontoon bike us old guys deserve.:D
HAHA

fatboy95
08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience..... Hope you get a bike you like. I personally wasn't going to go with HD as a first choice. I was going to get the chop first. Glad I went with HD now. I rode it 2nite. 75 miles later and in 100 degree heat I feel like I shot down to the corner. No Fatigue, no hearing loss, and no problems. Bike is very quiet. Pipes, tuner and intake go on this weekend, so I immagine that will change things. I rode with a buddy who has a SG with pipes and hi is quiet as long as your not behind him. I personally want my shit loud. Save my ass. His wife has the new night rod, and it is way too quiet.
I have the Bub's Jug Huggers on mine. The wife gets off every time she hears it and chuckles like hell when we set off car alarms. I added the SE Heads and SE 211 cams but the 211 is good for riding solo only. If I keep this bike I'm going to the Jim's 120 kit. I quack a little about the bike but I admit they are addicting. Had my first one when I was 14, an old 45 with a jockey shift. My neighbors wife use to come over when I got home from school and wanted me to fire it up so she could just sit on it. Funny thing, after my Mom found out about it, ole Franny wasn't allowed over until either Mom or Dad came home.

cola
08-26-2007, 09:39 PM
HAHA
Come on Tom, I'am not putting my bike in the truck to ride the Oregon Coast.:wink:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/025.JPG

DILLIGAF
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Come on Tom, I'am not putting my bike in the truck to ride the Oregon Coast.:wink:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/025.JPG
Me neither Mike...Come on now, you know better than that. Nodigg is the trailer Queen here on HB....

cola
08-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Me neither Mike...Come on now, you know better than that. Nodigg is the trailer Queen here on HB....
Now that you mention it,I think I need to get some tassels.

AZJD
08-27-2007, 06:20 AM
I have the Bub's Jug Huggers on mine. The wife gets off every time she hears it and chuckles like hell when we set off car alarms. I added the SE Heads and SE 211 cams but the 211 is good for riding solo only. If I keep this bike I'm going to the Jim's 120 kit. I quack a little about the bike but I admit they are addicting. Had my first one when I was 14, an old 45 with a jockey shift. My neighbors wife use to come over when I got home from school and wanted me to fire it up so she could just sit on it. Funny thing, after my Mom found out about it, ole Franny wasn't allowed over until either Mom or Dad came home.
That's funny shit. Too bad you didn't know then what the hell she really wanted......:devil: :D :D :D