PDA

View Full Version : Suction Housing

Jetaholic
08-26-2007, 05:41 PM
So we test drove the boat today...
THIS IS ONE FAST MOTHER FOCKER!!! However...
Somehow the right side of the suction housing cracked. Does anyone know how this could've possibly happened?
Also...I would really love to be on the water by Labor Day. Does anyone have a suction housing for a Berkeley 12-JC pump laying around that they could front me for Labor Day?

IMPATIENT 1
08-26-2007, 05:45 PM
jumping the boat by goosing it, pulling wheelies or pickup something and jammed the pump hard.

'75 Miller
08-26-2007, 05:48 PM
If I remember correctly there was a whole jc pump in the spam section last week. Dude was in Vegas and as best I can recall nobody bit.

holorinhal
08-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Yea ,You just missed one on ebay.The price went prety high though.started at around 50 bucks and went to the upper 200's.

holorinhal
08-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey Jetaholic;hit up bilshit.I think he is here in Vegas.He had a Jc pump for sale.If it works ,here is a link to the thread.http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161277

R.A.D.man
08-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Jetaholic, I have a used one I purchased a year ago from a good shop in California. I never used it, thought mine was cracked too, but it was not.
I'd let it go for $175.00 plus shipping, that's quite a bit less than I paid. I am in Austin, TX, so we have to move quick. I'll keep an eye out in case your interested.

Xerophobic
08-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Maybe you need one of these..... :eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Bsuction1r.JPG
:D:) :D
Cheers

IMPATIENT 1
08-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Cheers
that;s awwwweessssoooommmeeee:devil: :devil: :devil: where do i send a kidney?:D

R.A.D.man
08-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Cheers
Is that what they uses when they explode, unexploded ordinance? :D

Xerophobic
08-27-2007, 08:47 AM
send to:
Outlaw Eagle Manufacturing
141 28042 Hwy 11 Poplar Ridge Road
Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada
T4S 2L4
Please ensure proper preservation in packaging i.e. dry ice etc
:D :D :D
Cheers

cyclone
08-27-2007, 09:07 AM
that looks to be a two piece housing. is it bolted together and then bored for the wear ring and bearing?
what does it cost?

Goad
08-27-2007, 09:10 AM
humor me with a ballpark figure in reguards of the retail cost of one of those...:eek:

Cas
08-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Bulldawgart has a brand new never installed JG for sale - here's the link to one of his ads
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/cas/vpost?id=2092299
I'll echo what was said above, that Eagle housing is awesome looking!

Pops@Aggressor
08-27-2007, 09:28 AM
jumping the boat by goosing it, pulling wheelies or pickup something and jammed the pump hard. You Got it! Suctions, Bowls, and Impellers take a big hit that is a emplosion when vacated and reloaded under power. Why we are seeing it more today is the increased power on motors & its compounding the impact on drives and hardware, due to the pressurized systems. This was limited to drag boats several years ago but now everyone has 600+ Power.
if you want to jump and stay hard in it get a axial pump no pressure and it only tears up the drive system.
Race boats 3-5 per year now its 10 to 15 or better.

TRG
08-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Cheers
Any pics in the inside??

R.A.D.man
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Jetaholic, check your PM's.

Xerophobic
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
that looks to be a two piece housing. is it bolted together and then bored for the wear ring and bearing?
what does it cost?
Accepts AT internals and is O-ring'ed between the 2 halfs. In whitewater applications no one has broken one yet.
Not entirely sure of the fabrication process but they are a very stout piece and most of the big guns run one, for obvious reasons. Im sure it is a multi stage process involving both milling and boring both apart and with both parts together.
They are not cheap! I would have to look it up but I seem to recall they are ~5-6K cnd, which these days, I hate to say it, is almost the same! We're running about 95 cents to your dollar, getting pretty close to par! :eek:
Definatly spendy but the last suction you'll even buy ! :)
Cheers
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Bsuction2r.JPG

jetboatperformance
08-27-2007, 08:33 PM
John: Good talking today! Happy that your project has "come along well" this is what I was talking about today (clean out studs) ,something everyone probably should look at regularly ...Tom
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Misc/DSC06840.jpg

IMPATIENT 1
08-27-2007, 08:59 PM
John: Good talking today! Happy that your project has "come along well" this is what I was talking about today (clean out studs) ,something everyone probably should look at regularly ...Tom
good thread! i never think abut checking my cleanout strap bolts for stress, tom ya got me thinkin, i'm gonna have to get dressed and go out in my shop,lol:D

Jetaholic
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Well...I want to thank R.A.D.man and Tom at Jet Boat Performance for helping a fellow boater out in time of need. R.A.D.man had the suction housing I needed and shipped it off, while Tom hooked me up on the required parts to reassemble the pump.
I haven't gotten into tearing the pump apart quite yet...hopefully all the moving parts are still good to go. Beerjet is gonna help me reassemble it this weekend.
BTW Tom, do you carry shim kits in case the impeller needs to be moved back for proper clearance? PM me and let me know.

tahitijet
08-28-2007, 10:00 PM
i have some shims if you need them

R.A.D.man
08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Well...I want to thank R.A.D.man and Tom at Jet Boat Performance for helping a fellow boater out in time of need. R.A.D.man had the suction housing I needed and shipped it off, while Tom hooked me up on the required parts to reassemble the pump.
Hope it goes well for you.:)

R.A.D.man
11-08-2007, 11:47 AM
By the way, Jetaholic never paid me for the suction piece and will not respond. Lots of empty promises, even agreements by me to accept payments and still not one dime out of the meager grand total of $255.00 he owes. Avoid the guy like you would any other piece of shit.

delemorte
11-08-2007, 11:57 AM
thats pretty busted man!!! karma is a bitch... he will get his.

R.A.D.man
11-08-2007, 11:59 AM
thats pretty busted man!!! karma is a bitch... he will get his.
That's all I can hope for at this point. I don't think he has it in him to make good on it.:mad: :mad: :mad:

delemorte
11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
That's all I can hope for at this point. I don't think he has it in him to make good on it.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Thats stupid man. its 200 bucks. ill piss on 200 bucks... He will blow 200 on gas in a couple of tanks.. why make an enemy by not paying back 200 bucks... geeze..

IMPATIENT 1
11-08-2007, 12:04 PM
By the way, Jetaholic never paid me for the suction piece and will not respond. Lots of empty promises, even agreements by me to accept payments and still not one dime out of the meager grand total of $255.00 he owes. Avoid the guy like you would any other piece of shit.
that's not cool at all:rolleyes:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Rotflmao

Moneypitt
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
I often wonder why people don't list their hometown under their screen name..I don't even bother responding to requests for help, or ads for sale unless there is a location listed. So, where did you send the parts?.....Maybe someone in his neighborhood can get you an answer about your money, + collection fees of 100%.............Compounded weekly...........MP

roostwear
11-08-2007, 12:30 PM
He did add a map in his profile on SCJB...........

jetboat
11-08-2007, 12:31 PM
people like that go thru life on always looking behind,its not always the amount,itsa the principle!and belive me at 60,they always get it in the end.

R.A.D.man
11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I often wonder why people don't list their hometown under their screen name..I don't even bother responding to requests for help, or ads for sale unless there is a location listed. So, where did you send the parts?.....Maybe someone in his neighborhood can get you an answer about your money, + collection fees of 100%.............Compounded weekly...........MP
You always know someone may stiff you so that was taken into account before I agreed to help. The empty promises and the fact he's been using his boat are what piss me off.

RitcheyRch
11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Not cool. Karma will get him in the end.

cyclone
11-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I just blew the stock berk eyelet bolts apart last weekend and lost my handhole cover. Who stocks those new AMT bolts and will they fit into a berk suction housing?

centerhill condor
11-08-2007, 01:49 PM
I often wonder why people don't list their hometown under their screen name..I don't even bother responding to requests for help, or ads for sale unless there is a location listed. MP
that's good advice...
CC

flat broke
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
I just blew the stock berk eyelet bolts apart last weekend and lost my handhole cover. Who stocks those new AMT bolts and will they fit into a berk suction housing?
Mike,
I thought you had an Aggressor suction on the Ultra? When did ya make the switch to the Berk piece?
Chris

jetboatperformance
11-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Cyclone check your PMs Tom