08-26-2007, 08:27 PM
trust me;)
got the 411 from a little birdie and did the side by side comparison.:idea:

riverracerx
08-26-2007, 08:30 PM
I have heard that as well.

USCFAN
08-26-2007, 08:31 PM
That is what a girl a BevMo told me also.

455Rocket
08-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Popov = Grey Goose... when it's in the right bottle ;)
Not that i've ever pulled that one off. Seriously, I've been wanting to try the Costco stuff but thought it'd look cheesy as hell with the rest of the stuff in my bar

riverbound
08-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I have heard that as well.
That is what a girl a BevMo told me also.
I have been hearing that, but didnt think it was true. so tonight I bought a bottle of both.....and for $20 less a bottle the Kirkland was NO different
Popov = Grey Goose... when it's in the right bottle ;)
Not that i've ever pulled that one off. Seriously, I've been wanting to try the Costco stuff but thought it'd look cheesy as hell with the rest of the stuff in my bar
:jawdrop: remind me to never drink at your bar ;)
Im actually thinking of stocking my bar with the Kirkland stuff and whomever is to snobby......there loss ;)

BADBLOWN572
08-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Im actually thinking of stocking my bar with the Kirkland stuff and whomever is to snobby......there loss ;)
Now all that we have to do is to find the generic for Patron Platinum. :D :)

Kachina26
08-26-2007, 08:46 PM
That Kirkland is dang good. I gave a bottle to a friend and he called me 2 months later all hammered to tell me how good it was. He said it took him 2 months to open it because he thought it was gonna be crap. I showed him :D

riverbound
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Now all that we have to do is to find the generic for Patron Platinum. :D :)
Im gonna try the Kirkland tequila :eek: and see how it is. I doubt It will be close;)
as a side note.....too bad u will be in Parker, rumor has it there will be an ICE cold bottle of platinum with me ALL weekend :)

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
That Kirkland is dang good. I gave a bottle to a friend and he called me 2 months later all hammered to tell me how good it was. He said it took him 2 months to open it because he thought it was gonna be crap. I showed him :D
You can show me! I will drink is sooner!!!!:D :D :D

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Im gonna try the Kirkland tequila :eek: and see how it is. I doubt It will be close;)
as a side note.....too bad u will be in Parker, rumor has it there will be an ICE cold bottle of platinum with me ALL weekend :)
I am liking your plans............. Rumor has it Jay is in town too.... We could maybe talk him into a night out.

riverbound
08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I am liking your plans............. Rumor has it Jay is in town too.... We could maybe talk him into a night out.
that sounds like a plan to me. Let me know, I fly back out to Texas tomorrow but will be home Friday afternoon.

AZJD
08-26-2007, 08:56 PM
that sounds like a plan to me. Let me know, I fly back out to Texas tomorrow but will be home Friday afternoon.
Fo sho!

riverbound
08-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Fo sho!
I will PM you my #. give me arinf later in the week and let me know whats up.

riverracerx
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Last weekend:
Vodka=urine=4:30am=dehydrated=headache :D

riverbound
08-26-2007, 09:53 PM
I am home :devil:
So what are the plans?
You are??
Incahoots Friday night?
And the consumption of massive ammounts of alcohol the rest of the weekend

Kachina26
08-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Last weekend:
Vodka=urine=4:30am=dehydrated=headache :D
Little water back will prevent that :D

riverbound
08-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Your daddy bitch
For sure
If you insist :D
Look at you actin' all tough and shit :D

riverbound
08-26-2007, 11:20 PM
I wore myself out with my tough act so I am off to bed :(
:) :)
Alright, see you this wekend!
BUY KIRKLAND VODKA!!!!

FOREVER2DOXIES
08-27-2007, 05:59 AM
tried kirkland for the first time this past weekend. it was okay. i still prefer Skye. ;)

shadow
08-27-2007, 06:06 AM
trust me;)
got the 411 from a little birdie and did the side by side comparison.:idea:
I heard Kirkland was suposed be from the Shake of Belivdere Voldka:idea:
Either way it's pretty good we buy it everytime we get to Costco.

Sportin' Wood
08-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Hows the rebound on the Kirkland? Typicly I don't get a hangover with the goose, but If I drink some of the other brands, it hurts me.

shadow
08-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Hows the rebound on the Kirkland? Typicly I don't get a hangover with the goose, but If I drink some of the other brands, it hurts me.
Thats the nice thing about Kirkland no If you are used to the good stuff with no Hangovers it's the same with Kirkland.

BadKachina
08-27-2007, 06:40 AM
I can't really tell the difference between vodkas. We usually buy what ever is on sale, but never anything generic. Usually Skye, Smirnoff, Absolute or Stoli.
Do the expensive Vodkas taste any better in mixed drinks? We don't drink it straight, usually with some kind of energy drink, with Hypnotic and pineapple juice, or in bloody Marys.
I can tell cheap tequilla, Patron and Don Julio are about the only tequillas I can drink straight.

rivercrazy
08-27-2007, 07:34 AM
I've tried Kirkland twice and it ain't no Grey Goose.....
I also think Belvedere is the best among the 2nd tier premium vodka's.

riverbound
08-27-2007, 07:44 AM
I've tried Kirkland twice and it ain't no Grey Goose.....
I also think Belvedere is the best among the 2nd tier premium vodka's.
Must be drinking a different kirkland:idea: (My info came from the Dist. for Goose ;), who also happens to be the one who private labeled the Kirkland stuff :idea: )

rivercrazy
08-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Must be drinking a different kirkland:idea: (My info came from the Dist. for Goose ;), who also happens to be the one who private labeled the Kirkland stuff :idea: )
Is it the square'ish bottle that has red glass in the bottom?
It might be grey goose but its not the same stuff that comes in a grey goose bottle! IMO : )

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Lets have a Vodka Challenge, like the old Pepsi/Coke challenges. Blindfolds, numerous shots, various cocktails.....could be fun. ;)

BADBLOWN572
08-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Lets have a Vodka Challenge, like the old Pepsi/Coke challenges. Blindfolds, numerous shots, various cocktails.....could be fun. ;)
I'm up for the challenge. ;) :D

EmpirE231
08-27-2007, 09:18 AM
the kirkland stuff is pretty good, and I always thought it was goose... (heard the rumor) so that's cool if it's true. I still prefer my ketel one :)
ohh and I've done the ol switcharoo.... put some popov into a ketel one bottle... people drank it... all woke up feeling shitty :D

riverbound
08-27-2007, 09:53 AM
as long as you aren't the one making the cocktails.....towards the end you could put gasoline in and no one would be able to taste the difference ;)
it would definitely be fun though :)

RVRBUM2
09-03-2007, 09:11 PM
tastes the same to me we polished off a bottle today at the rio we will have to see what the after affects are tomarrow

HP350SC
09-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Svedka (sp) is one point(93 to a 94) lower than Goose, 2/3 price.

Kachina26
09-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Svedka is pretty good, but it felt like I was drinking Popov because of the price I paid :D I would have felt better if I paid twice as much I guess.:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Svedka is the Bomb
And no morning hangover....

HavasuSelect
09-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Another vote for Svedka. I drank a handle of it this 3 day weekend and wasn't hung over one bit.

roln 20s
09-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Great topic - had heard the same rumor a few months ago. Been a huge Kettle One and Goose fan, but now, for half the price - I sure did like the handle of Kirkland Vodka we had at Powell. It works very well :D :)
Roln 20s

riverbound
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Great topic - had heard the same rumor a few months ago. Been a huge Kettle One and Goose fan, but now, for half the price - I sure did like the handle of Kirkland Vodka we had at Powell. It works very well :D :)
Roln 20s
We actually went through 2 handles this weekend at a party and everyone woke up feeling surprisingly well.

riverbound
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Roln 20s
We actually went through 2 handles this weekend at a party and everyone woke up feeling surprisingly well.

riverbound
09-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Roln 20s