PDA

View Full Version : Kokomo's Last Night....

HavasuSelect
08-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Might as well been a UFC event. I counted at least 5 different fights. What the hell is wrong with people? Whatever happened to being a happy drunk?

riverbound
08-26-2007, 11:22 PM
too much dick and not enough pussy. now throw in the fact that everyone is a UFC fighter in training and a low alcohol tolerance and you get kokomos on a busy weekend;)
<----more of a Roadrunner type of Guy.

Kilrtoy
08-26-2007, 11:32 PM
gotta love 21 year old's that dont take sand to the river

Kilrtoy
08-26-2007, 11:35 PM
too much dick and not enough pussy. now throw in the fact that everyone is a UFC fighter in training and a low alcohol tolerance and you get kokomos on a busy weekend;)
i always thought you were this kinda guy
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3258/18021681River_.gif

cxr133
08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Might as well been a UFC event. I counted at least 5 different fights. What the hell is wrong with people? Whatever happened to being a happy drunk?
LOL.. i was going to start a thread about this, i was actually involved in one or two of these confrontations since security was not doing shit!!!
im damn near 40 years old and have not been in a fight since like 7th grade. but these pumped up 20 somethings out there have no respect.
we were sitting down on the boxes on the dance floor, enjoying our drinks and all the scenery. Some girl in a white dress jumps up on stage and starts shaking her stuff, so we are enjoying ourselves. Then on the stage next to us i see a guys hand go up to grab one of the girls hands thats dancing and BAM he snaps her off the stage and throws her down to the floor, i hear later something about this chick and his girlfriend had words. SO, that starts a fight right there in the dance floor, i am right next to the steps and the fight is surging from the dance floor up the steps to the bar level. So you know me being a good guy and all i try to step in between put my arms out to seperate the guys that are brawling and BAM some MOTHERF@@@@er hits me right in the eye!! so now im in the middle of the fight, taking blows and swinging back. Anyway security finally break it up and i guess somebody thought they got hit too hard or something and it starts right back up in the same area.:mad:
We left, but my wife left her credit card so we came back an hour later to sign the tab and security still were running around breakin up fights.
Guess to much alchol makes people think they are bad-assesses!!

INSman
08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Liquid courage is just a bad thing and these youngsters these days without a brain and the ability to speak the language properly just figure that the caveman approach will fix everything :rolleyes:

riverracerx
08-27-2007, 06:48 PM
too many competing meth dealers.

USCFAN
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM
I usally try to avoid the club scene in Havasu for just this reason. But we had some friends that had never been to Havi, so we decided to go out to Kokomo's on Saturday. What a mistake, there was two fights before we decided to get out of dodge. Liquid Courage is a terrible thing.

beaverretriever
08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I agree. Everyone I know is taking some sort of mixed martial arts and now think they are some sort of tough guy. What I laugh about is they think it is funny when they get knocked out, or knock someone else out. What will they be thinking when they are in their 40's and can barely speak a complete sentence because their brain has been bashed against the inside of their skull one to many times. I already have friends that are having severe knee, elbow and other joint issues from fighting.
I love being a happy drunk. :D

Singleton
08-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Just another reason, we now go to the Naked Turtle when in Havi.
Used to go to Koko's until one too many fights, then started going to the Martini Bar, but now we just go to the turtle to relax, have a drink or 2, and enjoy the sites.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Kokoho's is a meat market with too much Testoterone..

riverbound
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree. Everyone I know is taking some sort of mixed martial arts and now think they are some sort of tough guy. What I laugh about is they think it is funny when they get knocked out, or knock someone else out. What will they be thinking when they are in their 40's and can barely speak a complete sentence because their brain has been bashed against the inside of their skull one to many times. I already have friends that are having severe knee, elbow and other joint issues from fighting.
I love being a happy drunk. :D
I knew a "fighter" who told me his instructor actualy told him to go out and get in bar fights so he could learn how to fight :D He was good with the martial arts stuff, but when it came to real fight he would get his a$$ kicked :D
Me too...Im everyones best friend when Im drinking :)