PDA

View Full Version : Labr Day Weekend Knights Landing

Mrs.charitycase
08-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Charitycase and I are having OUR Annual Beach Bash. A time for all of us ***boatER FRIENDS to get together drink beer and have a good time. No DJ this year, but it should still be a great time!! Bring your own food and drinks. Everyone is invited!!
Morning til Whenever.
Sunday September 2nd
Here are some directions:
BY BOAT - Launch at Knights Landing, go 8 miles upriver to Shady Beach which will be the 3rd beach on the right.
Not sure yet if there is access by car.... I'll check into it.
Zoomies are welcome.

Badburn
08-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Does anyone know how far it is by boat from the Alamar to this party? We are having the annual "No Poker-Poker Run" starting on the American river- on the same day. It would be cool if we could do a morning run up to see you guys first:)

Mrs.charitycase
08-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I'll check it out.. You said Alamar?? Is that a City? lol sorry

Badburn
08-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Alamar is the resturant on the river right by the Sac international airport, right next to Swabbies:)

Mrs.charitycase
08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Alamar is the resturant on the river right by the Sac international airport, right next to Swabbies:)
OH I am not sure how far it is...
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=38.742971~-121.636505&style=r&lvl=12&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=7894870&encType=1

Party Cat
08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know how far it is by boat from the Alamar to this party? We are having the annual "No Poker-Poker Run" starting on the American river- on the same day. It would be cool if we could do a morning run up to see you guys first:)
I would guess about 15-20 miles to Knights Landing...then another 8 or so to Shady Beach....
http://www.irnoyfb.com/images/alamar.jpg
http://www.irnoyfb.com/images/klanding.jpg

suckin&pumpin
08-27-2007, 10:46 AM
would we be crampin the party with kids or are you all family friendly???
cant find a babysitter that weekend.

Mrs.charitycase
08-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I would guess about 15-20 miles to Knights Landing...then another 8 or so to Shady Beach....
http://www.irnoyfb.com/images/alamar.jpg
http://www.irnoyfb.com/images/klanding.jpg
NICE!! Thank you Party Cat.. Only about 430 miles for you!! Are you coming out?

Mrs.charitycase
08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
would we be crampin the party with kids or are you all family friendly???
cant find a babysitter that weekend.
From Dixon huh? Totally family friendly!!!! Come on out. We might know you if you're from Dixon.

suckin&pumpin
08-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I have met Casey, but then we broke down, and have been out of comission for a while, but we are ready to go now, never been to knights lan ding, any spots between there and the beach to worry about? never been on the river :D

Badburn
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I have met Casey, but then we broke down, and have been out of comission for a while, but we are ready to go now, never been to knights lan ding, any spots between there and the beach to worry about? never been on the river :D
What he said, Hows the depth of the river up there. We could cover 20-30 miles easily, but we got these outdrive thingys hanging down............:D Id hate to wreck something 30 miles up the river. Can you say up the creek without a paddle?:D

Party Cat
08-27-2007, 11:27 AM
What he said, Hows the depth of the river up there. We could cover 20-30 miles easily, but we got these outdrive thingys hanging down............:D Id hate to wreck something 30 miles up the river. Can you say up the creek without a paddle?:D
I can't say anything about the river south of Knights Landing Ramp...but I had no problem with a 26' Party Cat from the ramp to Shady Beach....
I would have made it to the party quicker...but someone had to pop a motor 2 minutes off of the ramp and I had to tow the damm thing :idea: :D :D

Mrs.charitycase
08-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh cool. Well I will let Casey answer your question about any worries, cause I am not sure. Hope to see ya out there!!!

Mrs.charitycase
08-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Ask Casey. LMAO Well I CAN say it, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to be Paddless in a boat like ours..lol

Mrs.charitycase
08-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I can't say anything about the river south of Knights Landing Ramp...but I had no problem with a 26' Party Cat from the ramp to Shady Beach....
I would have made it to the party quicker...but someone had to pop a motor 2 minutes off of the ramp and I had to tow the damm thing :idea: :D :D
YEA YEA!! That did suck... Keith was hammered by the time we got there... It was only 8 miles- SHEESH... LMFAO!

Party Cat
08-27-2007, 11:38 AM
NICE!! Thank you Party Cat.. Only about 430 miles for you!! Are you coming out?
I wish we could....Mary has a softball tournament starting on Thursday... :(
Johnny wants to come....and he's got something for ya http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif

charitycase
08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
What are you worried about,you drive a ditch pump.You're safe.:D :devil:

charitycase
08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
You should be fine also,just stay mid channel when possible.We always go up-river from KL.Hope this helps.Hope to see ya out there.Casey

NICE PAIR
08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Or without a hose.;)

charitycase
08-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Tom,stop by.I promise I won't flip you off this time.
Well, I might.The last time I did your wife B.A.'d us.C-YA Sunday.

suckin&pumpin
08-28-2007, 03:20 PM
I think we are in, trying to negotiate our way out of a football game that day.

charitycase
08-29-2007, 05:49 AM
That's ok. Her BA is getting smaller! :D
You need to remember my name is Tom, everytime I introduce myself to you, you say who????;)
It's all good!!!!:) :)
Thats because everytime we meet,I'm about2 1/2 sheets to the wind.Hope to see ya out there.

charitycase
08-29-2007, 05:53 AM
I think we are in, trying to negotiate our way out of a football game that day.
Mrs charitycase here
You should choose the party because if you don't ... you'll have to wait til next year and something else could come up... just ask sixgun...haha

charitycase
08-30-2007, 04:00 PM
uh huh

suckin&pumpin
08-31-2007, 09:38 PM
got out of the football game, we will be there

Mrs.charitycase
09-01-2007, 05:42 AM
got out of the football game, we will be there
COOL. We will see ya tomorrow!!