PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Hogan Knows Best? Nick injured in car wreck

Magic34
08-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I started watching this show and catch it often. Hulk loves the boats, and has always had Scarabs.
His son was in a serious wreck last night.
----------------------------------------
Hulk Hogan's son injured in car crash
The Associated Press
Aug. 26, 2007 08:43 PM
CLEARWATER, Fla. - The son of professional wrestler Hulk Hogan was seriously injured in a car crash Sunday night, police said.
A Toyota Supra driven by Nick Bollea was traveling at a high rate of speed at approximately 7:30 p.m., Clearwater Police spokesman Wayne Shelor said. Bollea, which is Hogan's real name, lost control and hit a raised median. The car flipped around, and the back end hit a palm tree.
"The car was destroyed," Shelor said.
Bollea and an unidentified male passenger were extricated from the car by paramedics, Shelor said. Then they were airlifted to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg. Their official conditions were not immediately available, but Shelor described the injuries of both men as serious.
The crash occurred on State Route 60, a main drag through downtown Clearwater. The road had to be shut down in both directions for several hours, Shelor said.
Alcohol is not believed to have played a part in the crash. The crash seems to have been caused by excessive speed, Shelor said.
Bollea appears on the reality TV show "Hogan Knows Best" with his father, mother and sister.

Magic34
08-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Well, I hit the post button 1 time, nothing went then hit refresh once and it posted 3 threads. Sorry.

socalmoney
08-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Those damn overworked ***boat servers.

Scapegoat1
08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Hogan's son is a drift fanatic. He has a couple vipors and now ex supra. Only problem is he is know for crashing. Hope he is ok but dude can not drive for shit he wrecks alot.

Magic34
08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/2007/08/0826_nick_crash_03_full.jpg

ChumpChange
08-27-2007, 08:47 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/2007/08/0826_nick_crash_03_full.jpg
Wow. The fact that people can survive these crashes is unbeleivable.

Cole Trickle
08-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Hopefully he is ok.
He seems like a cool kid with the world at his finger tips.:)

Throttle
08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
extreme high rate of speed is what I had heard and I think someone mentioned a fatality too... more details needed... :idea:

Racey
08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I'll have to see what Bubba says about this today

shippingguy
08-27-2007, 08:56 AM
extreme high rate of speed is what I had heard and I think someone mentioned a fatality too... more details needed... :idea:
No fatality. I read that he was released this morning, but his friend is still in the hospital in critical condition.
Mike

STV_Keith
08-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Damn...if he walked away, he was lucky.

Quest4Fun
08-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Watched the show last night. Nick seems to be reckless when driving.
CNN reports that Nick has been released from the hospital, but his passenger is still in critical condition. Of course, the report said "alcohol does not appear to be a factor"

core attitude
08-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Ugly..............
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/news/070910/nick_hogan2_320.jpg

cdog
08-27-2007, 09:20 AM
You'd think will all the money they have, the parents would send him to a driving school. Just another retard and furious driver wrecked on the side of the road. Drifting just about breaks all the rules of performance driving. A person aught to learn how to make the car perform at it's potential before expecting to save it from crashing while drifting. That kid is a poser.

Cole Trickle
08-27-2007, 09:25 AM
95% of the people on this site don't have the driving ability to handle a 800-1000rwhp Supra.
There could have been plenty of things that came into play. Fact is the kid is sponsored my Mopar/Dodge to ruin tires. How many sponsored drivers do we have here posting that are racing cars for free?
Critics/want to be proffesional drivers crack me up;)

HEDJUG
08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
95% of the people on this site don't have the driving ability to handle a 800-1000rwhp Supra.
There could have been plenty of things that came into play. Fact is the kid is sponsored my Mopar/Dodge to ruin tires. How many sponsored drivers do we have here posting that are racing cars for free?
UMMM, how does any of that shit matter. First off, he was on the street, not the track. Second, he crashed on the street. How many proffessional drivers should crash in normal driving conditions?

Cole Trickle
08-27-2007, 09:37 AM
UMMM, how does any of that shit matter. First off, he was on the street, not the track. Second, he crashed on the street. How many proffessional drivers should crash in normal driving conditions?
Didn't a pretty famous nascar racer crash about 5 blocks from home a couple months back?:D
I think where the problem arises is they don't know when to slow it down for the street. I insured a professional motorcross racer (well known) that had the worst record I had ever seen. :eek:
Things happen...

Her454
08-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Hogan's son is a drift fanatic..
Um... dumb question. What the hell is "drift"? As in the movie "Tokyo Drift"? Kids actually do that shiat, and where? :jawdrop:

cdog
08-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Exactly. Shit happens but this kid is a dumb ass that could have killed a family driving down the road. I'm not impressed by a sponsor his daddy set up either. I've competed in a semi pro racing in an actual race car so yes I can judge. I've got no problem with kids that grew up racing having fast cars but when a 17 year old dork with a rich dad thinks he's gonna jump in a car and be Mario Andretti all I can say is stupid hurts.
:)
He got attention. Just not the kind he wanted.

Jbb
08-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Um... dumb question. What the hell is "drift"? As in the movie "Tokyo Drift"? Kids actually do that shiat, and where? :jawdrop:
Oh Brother.....:rolleyes:

Her454
08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh Brother.....:rolleyes:
LOL, thanks Jbb.;) Now, what the hell is drift?:D

Jbb
08-27-2007, 09:56 AM
LOL, thanks Jbb.;) Now, what the hell is drift?:D
lol....Gooooooooogle ...is your friend!

djunkie
08-27-2007, 09:59 AM
You'd think will all the money they have, the parents would send him to a driving school. Just another retard and furious driver wrecked on the side of the road. Drifting just about breaks all the rules of performance driving. A person aught to learn how to make the car perform at it's potential before expecting to save it from crashing while drifting. That kid is a poser.
I'm pretty sure they have. From watching the show it looks like the kid just doesn't have it when behind the wheel.

Cole Trickle
08-27-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty sure they have. From watching the show it looks like the kid just doesn't have it when behind the wheel.
I bet the kid is now 100% better than the show where he crashed the viper.
As most people that drive cars know natural ability has just a tad to due with ability. It takes many reps and alot of seat time to become a great driver.
we have no idea what happend other than what the media has speculated. It could have been a mechanical failure,slick road or a dog pulled in front of them.
Also cracks me up when people fail to remember the time they did 130 down the freeway in there younger days. we have all driven reckless just some have not crashed or been caught.;):D:eek:

Her454
08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
lol....Gooooooooogle ...is your friend!
http://forums.drift.com/ Wow, look what I found LOL. A whole forum dedicated to this stuff.:D

Jbb
08-27-2007, 10:11 AM
http://forums.drift.com/ Wow, look what I found LOL. A whole forum dedicated to this stuff.:D
If you would just show up at some of the meetings Traci...:rolleyes:

Mr. C
08-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Also cracks me up when people fail to remember the time they did 130 down the freeway in there younger days. we have all driven reckless just some have not crashed or been caught.;):D:eek:
Well i can't remember ever doing something like that, but then again there are alot of things i don't remember between the ages of 16-20. Yes i am pretty lucky to still be around.:D
I hope for the best for the passenger.

Magic34
08-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Yup....
18 years old, BMW M3, I-10 towards Tucson at 10 PM in pouring rain, 130 MPH for about 1 minute. I was stupid!
I drive slow trucks so I dont do stupid sh*t anymore.

djunkie
08-27-2007, 10:21 AM
As most people that drive cars know natural ability has just a tad to due with ability. It takes many reps and alot of seat time to become a great driver.
we have no idea what happend other than what the media has speculated. It could have been a mechanical failure,slick road or a dog pulled in front of them.
Try 178 in an '87 vette that I had just got done building a motor for. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I agree that we've all done stupid things but I honestly believe that some people are just naturally good drivers and from watching the show he looked like he needed quite a bit more work. He also seemed a little cocky to me. Hopefully for his sake its just showing off for the cameras.

dmontzsta
08-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I read about that yesterday, then read today that he is expected to make a full recovery.

ChumpChange
08-27-2007, 10:24 AM
21 or so. Driving to work(slacks and a tie) on CBR F2. Maxed out at 156mph on the 210 freeway while racing a Corvette. Stupid? Most likely.

STV_Keith
08-27-2007, 10:28 AM
How many sponsored drivers do we have here posting that are racing cars for free?
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/wave-smiley.gif

cdog
08-27-2007, 10:28 AM
145 mph on the 60 out by redlands blvd in my 67 camaro. Stupid I know. I was 17. :jawdrop:

Cole Trickle
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/wave-smiley.gif
Quit showing off;)
they might give you parts and cash for stickers but I don't think anyone threw you the keys/title of a new SRT:D:idea:

Cole Trickle
08-27-2007, 10:39 AM
I have been 165+ on the street in my younger days but now know the chances of living through a accident at that speed.
The kid is only 17 y/o. Chances are he will learn from this and continue on. Luckily there were no deaths and zero alcohol involved.
He will contine to grow and I am sure his dad is gonna give him a flying leg drop for acting like a dumb ass.

riverracerx
08-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Ouch, hope he is OK.
On a side note:
http://www.celebrityweek.com/uploadimages/Celebrities%28A-M%29/BrookeHogan%28Kambouris%29.jpg
I'd hit it!

Devilman
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
:eek:
:D
LOL, c'mon Bilge, that shit ain't even right...... :D

Magic34
08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
He will contine to grow and I am sure his dad is gonna give him a flying leg drop for acting like a dumb ass.
They seem like a very tight family.

Riverless
08-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Ouch, hope he is OK.
On a side note:
http://www.celebrityweek.com/uploadimages/Celebrities%28A-M%29/BrookeHogan%28Kambouris%29.jpg
I'd hit it!
then Hulk would hit you. :D
if you've ever watched the show, you'd know that Hulk is very protective of his daughter. there was one episode where this guy that Hulk didn't like took Brooke out on a date. Hulk had lo-jack installed on the car so he could make sure the dude took her where he said he was going to take her. it was pretty funny. :D

STV_Keith
08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Quit showing off;)
they might give you parts and cash for stickers but I don't think anyone threw you the keys/title of a new SRT:D:idea:
Parts and cash for stickers? Sorry bro..."they" threw me the keys to these:
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/Truck1.jpg
Check the name on the door. ;)
And this one...
http://a171.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/114/l_7c72ec96f2db9a10bfe7fa020d550af2.jpg
1700rwhp never looked so docile. ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Glad to hear he's okay. Hope his friend recovers. I have always been a fan of Hulk Hogan and occassionally watch the show.

pw_Tony
08-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Very true. You can't bag on this kid, cause if you have driven race cars then I'm sure you've done something similar on the street. Im not saying at all that what he did was ok, but shit happens. Hopefully he learns from it and doesn't do it again. I've even seen my Grandfather on the street making some drag passes on the road.
But on another note just the other day on speed vision I was watching a drifting thing where he had one of his Vipers, and guess what he crashed like 3 times, and it was a different car than the one on the show.

Magic34
08-27-2007, 11:45 AM
then Hulk would hit you. :D
if you've ever watched the show, you'd know that Hulk is very protective of his daughter. there was one episode where this guy that Hulk didn't like took Brooke out on a date. Hulk had lo-jack installed on the car so he could make sure the dude took her where he said he was going to take her. it was pretty funny. :D
You need to watch the episode from 2 weeks ago where she is dating this 30 y/o guy. It was funny as hell. He called her ex and flew him in town to hang with his daughter. She had no idea. Then when the 30 y/o called to alk to her, he told the guy she was hanging out with her ex all day and they were at dinner and going to a movie.
It was classic. Any dad would love that episode. I tivo'd it.

Froggystyle
08-27-2007, 11:48 AM
http://a171.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/114/l_7c72ec96f2db9a10bfe7fa020d550af2.jpg
1700rwhp never looked so docile. ;)
Dang... so do you think the Mini could hang with that through a couple of gears if I get a BOV?

Kilrtoy
08-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Kinda like speed boat drivers and their 63 mph critics

ratso
08-27-2007, 11:54 AM
The kid is a dumbass for almost killing someone else... Wanna be an idiot, then be an idiot, but don't "take somebody else out"

Kilrtoy
08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Very true. You can't bag on this kid, cause if you have driven race cars then I'm sure you've done something similar on the street. Im not saying at all that what he did was ok, but shit happens. Hopefully he learns from it and doesn't do it again. I've even seen my Grandfather on the street making some drag passes on the road.
But on another note just the other day on speed vision I was watching a drifting thing where he had one of his Vipers, and guess what he crashed like 3 times, and it was a different car than the one on the show.
So its ok for people on TV to do stupid shit!!!!!!!
I see where your coming from

STV_Keith
08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Dang... so do you think the Mini could hang with that through a couple of gears if I get a BOV?
Not sure bud ;) - it does run over 140mph in the 1/8th though. :eek: Not bad for a full weight, full interior (not stripped), independent rear suspension! manually shifted 6-speed car! :sqeyes:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4507791

Boozer
08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
The kid is 17 years old and has a Supra making 1000 or so RWHP. Do you really expect a 17 year old to be totally responsible in a car with that power? Wasn't it Travis Pastrana who wiped out a Z06 vette a couple years back almost killing himself and his passenger?
I know at 19 I had a car making almost 400 rwhp that would do 167 before running out of transmission. I ran it at that speed several times and luckily never crashed. After having a suspended license 3 times, spending time in jail for my driving, and getting an insurance renewal quote of $14,000 for a 6 month policy I decided to sale the car and slow it down. Luckily it didn't take a horrific accident to make me see the light but for some people it does.
If I were Nicks father my son would have NEVER had a car that made that kind of HP on the street. It takes a LOT of discipline and responsibility to run something like that on the street and NOT open it up and a kid shouldn't be trusted with that kind of responsibility.
For those of you who don't know much about Supras they are to date one of the greatest platforms ever released to the general public for making into a high hp race car. I helped a friend build one that was making almost 700rwhp on stock internals. In 3rd gear flying down the highway at 85mph the car would break the tires loose.

HocusPocus
08-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Taking into account the last twelve months, anyone could have seen Nick Hogan's high speed car crash coming -- from a mile away! *beep, beep* Get out the way!
Since September, 2006 (and including last night's incident), 17-year-old Nicky has been busted four times for unlawful speeding, and gotten four points on his license! Nick has been caught doing 115 mph in 70 mile zone, 57 in a 30, and 106 in a 70! Quite a record for someone who only got their license last year!
seems like a responsible kid to me. :rolleyes:

koyota93
08-27-2007, 08:02 PM
A few years ago we went 155 in my buddy's twin turbo Supra on the way home from Vegas. Then got pulled over a few miles down going about 115. Pretty stupid. Glad here no one died.

beaverretriever
08-28-2007, 03:59 PM
First off the only reason that kid is sponsored is because he is a Hogan. There are litereally 100's of young guys that can outdrift Nick in their home built 1980s Corollas that but don't have any fame or money to get in the spot light or afford an expensive sport like drifting.
Second, this makes him out to really look like a tard. This is a quote from RIDES magazine. Enjoy.
rides: Jeez, talk about a flashy color. Anyway, most 16-year-olds haven't had enough practice yet to become a pro drifter.
nick: [laughs] Let's just say I have a terrible driving record.
rides: Looks like someone has a story to tell.
tard/nick: In my silver Viper, I was driving from Miami to Tampa. I got pulled over going 107 [mph] and the guy let me off.. He's like, "hey, I know who you are, just keep going, ya know." Dude, I got back on the road and two minutes later I get pulled over going 113 [mph]. Another highway patrol from the same county said, "I just heard on the radio that my buddy pulled you over and let you go. I'ma let you go this time. It's your second warning. You get pulled over again, you're probably going to go to jail." Three minutes later [I was] doing 123 [mph] in a 50 [mph zone]. The guy is like, "hey, I just heard you got pulled over twice in the last 10 minutes. I got to write you a ticket."
rides: Ahhh, the benefits of celebrity life.
El megatard0: In the green car, I've dusted an Enzo. The look on the guy's face when he got beat by a three-liter Toyota was pretty cool. The yellow car just stomped out a new Lambo LP640. The silver Viper is the slowest one I have, but it beats Gallardos. Driving a Viper, I have to fill up [on gas] every 50 miles. I'll get on the bridge and smash the gas, and just as fast as I watch the speed wind up, I can watch the gas gauge drop.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/typesizzle/nick5mg5.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
I've got to agree with the above. Watching the show, the kid sucks ass at drifting... If your going to be stupid, you better be a celebrity...

Sangerdude
08-28-2007, 08:21 PM
COME ON JABRONE!!!
This kid is a spoiled tard! He is ONLY driving drift because his daddy made a call to an important friend...HE SUCKS! My 4 year old daughter can drift better in her flinstone style little tykes car!!!
The kid is a punk and not very bright on top of that. He is VERY lucky that daddy is a globmillionaire.
He just better PRAY that this other kid doesnt die! Or he could and should face criminal charges for manslaughter.
FAWKIN RETARDS!!!!:mad:

pw_Tony
08-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Here's a question. I have never done a drifting competition, but I have been to a couple. I know once you have had some hits against the wall, specially when youre as famous as he is, it's going to get over publisized. I have never been to an event where he has drifted. Has anyone here ever seen him in a competition? Maybe he isn't really that bad, and I have no idea how often he competes. But any racing event, especially something where you're trying to get sideways around the corner, you're going to crash.
So has anyone seen him drifting in other competition

XtrmWakeborder
08-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Here's a question. I have never done a drifting competition, but I have been to a couple. I know once you have had some hits against the wall, specially when youre as famous as he is, it's going to get over publisized. I have never been to an event where he has drifted. Has anyone here ever seen him in a competition? Maybe he isn't really that bad, and I have no idea how often he competes. But any racing event, especially something where you're trying to get sideways around the corner, you're going to crash.
So has anyone seen him drifting in other competition
Just on the show. I don't think he even qualified.

HocusPocus
08-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Nick Hogan could face a heap of legal trouble stemming from his horrifying car crash this past weekend, TMZ has learned. We've also discovered more about Hogan's gravely injured friend, a US Marine who served two tours of duty in Iraq, returning just last October.
The St. Petersburg Times reported today that John Graziano joined the corps after graduating in 2003, and proudly served twice in Iraq. The marine, as TMZ reported earlier today, is still in "very serious condition," and his health status "hasn't changed since he arrived" to the hospital early Sunday morning. Graziano and Hogan have been friends for several years, says the paper. One of the men who found Graziano at the scene was the brother of one of Graziano's best friends.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ that -- God forbid -- in a worst case scenario, Nick Hogan could face charges of gross vehicular manslaughter, if it's proved that an external circumstance like alcohol, excessive speeding or drag racing were involved. The penalty for that crime could be 5 to 15 years in jail. Witnesses told the Times that they saw Hogan's Toyota racing a Dodge Viper that cops say was involved in the crash.
No charges have been filed in the case.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2007/08/0829_nick_hogan_friend_fm.jpg
but since is sort of a celeb, we will see if anything actually happens to him.

HavaSkank
08-29-2007, 01:01 PM
I cant stomach Hogan Knows Best. Hogan's relationship with his daughter is creepy AS HELL. It's beyond over-protection....it's eff'ing disturbing!
Nick is a spoiled punk ass. I listen to the Bubba The Love Sponge on Sirius and he and Hogan are tight. Bubba talks smack about what a spoiled little prick Nick is all the time. As a matter of fact, Nick took one of Hogan's cars out one night and didnt come home with it. He apparently forgot where he left it last and had to catch a ride with a friend. When he was questioned by Hogan the little bitch said, "I'll find it, it's no big deal."
the little Focker lost A CAR!

Caljamr
08-29-2007, 01:30 PM
I cant stomach Hogan Knows Best. Hogan's relationship with his daughter is creepy AS HELL. It's beyond over-protection....it's eff'ing disturbing!
Nick is a spoiled punk ass. I listen to the Bubba The Love Sponge on Sirius and he and Hogan are tight. Bubba talks smack about what a spoiled little prick Nick is all the time. As a matter of fact, Nick took one of Hogan's cars out one night and didnt come home with it. He apparently forgot where he left it last and had to catch a ride with a friend. When he was questioned by Hogan the little bitch said, "I'll find it, it's no big deal."
the little Focker lost A CAR!
When i first started watching this show i thought Brooke was his girlfriend/wife then his actual wife came into the picture and i said hey that's weird who is this young blonde then....it's his daughter. Ya it was a little akward.
But now i like the show.