PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Interior Question?

SHIFTY
02-23-2006, 11:31 AM
I NEED TO GET A BACK BENCH SEAT PUT IN THE BOAT, BUT I CAN't TAKE IT TO THE INTERIOR PLACE UNTIL THE MOTOR IS INSTALLED. ONCE I HAVE THE MOTOR IN, AND TAKE THE BOAT TO THE INTERIOR PLACE, DO THEY TAKE DIMENSIONS AND BUILD THE SEAT AND INSTALL IT WHEN I BRING IT BACK, OR DO I NEED TO LEAVE THE BOAT THERE FOR HOWEVER MANY WEEKS UNTIL IT's DONE?

beerjet
02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
My interior was pretty basic so I took the boat over for him to see in person and left my interior there and it worked-out perfectly.

SHIFTY
02-23-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm JUST ADDING A SEAT, NOT RE-DOING THE EXISTING ONES... YA THINK I'll STILL HAVE TO LEAVE THE BOAT THERE ONCE THEY TAKE DIMENSIONS?

Devilman
02-23-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm JUST ADDING A SEAT, NOT RE-DOING THE EXISTING ONES... YA THINK I'll STILL HAVE TO LEAVE THE BOAT THERE ONCE THEY TAKE DIMENSIONS?
Hard to say, prolly depends how good your interior guy is.

SHIFTY
02-23-2006, 01:11 PM
HERE's THE BOAT. I'm JUST ADDING THE REAR BENCH SEAT, TO MATCH THE FRONT BUCKETS...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1873E1.jpg

IMPATIENT 1
02-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I NEED TO GET A BACK BENCH SEAT PUT IN THE BOAT, BUT I CAN't TAKE IT TO THE INTERIOR PLACE UNTIL THE MOTOR IS INSTALLED. ONCE I HAVE THE MOTOR IN, AND TAKE THE BOAT TO THE INTERIOR PLACE, DO THEY TAKE DIMENSIONS AND BUILD THE SEAT AND INSTALL IT WHEN I BRING IT BACK, OR DO I NEED TO LEAVE THE BOAT THERE FOR HOWEVER MANY WEEKS UNTIL IT's DONE?
I'VE HAD A FEW DONE COUPLE YRS. BACK AND THEY USUALLY WANT THE BOAT THERE FOR MEASUREMENTS AND LINING UP COLOR SCHEMES THEN YOU TAKE IT HOME AND BRING IT BACK FOR SEAT INSTALL.

SHIFTY
02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
THAT's WHAT I WAS HOPING TO HEAR, THANKS YO.
HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT WILL TAKE?

beerjet
02-23-2006, 01:18 PM
He should be able to take dimensions and build the seat with haveing the boat there.

IMPATIENT 1
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
HERE IN OKLA. IT TAKES A MONTH!I'M FIXIN TO HAVE MINE DONE NEXT MONTH AND I'M FINDIN A NEW GUY!I BUILD MY OWN MOTORS,DO MY OWN PUMP,GLASS, AND PAINT WORK.IT SUX HAVIN TO WAIT ON SOMEONE ELSE AND HOPING IT COMES OUT RITE!

wright27
02-23-2006, 01:45 PM
I got a quote of $600 bucks to build my seats. Screw that I built them myself it only cost me $125 for materials. They are in the shop getting covered now.

Devilman
02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
When I got my seats done, took the guy 3 weeks, but that was starting from scratch, doing ALL the seats. Just doing a narrow rear bench, shouldn't take long at all. Depends on his schedule I suppose. :cool:

breezeblocker
02-24-2006, 07:28 AM
My interior was pretty basic so I took the boat over for him to see in person and left my interior there and it worked-out perfectly.
where did you take it to get done? i will be doing the same thing this month. i am looking for someone in your area and dont want to drop off the boat.