PDA

View Full Version : Checkmate 21' Starflite

jonnyd
10-24-2001, 05:20 AM
Does anyone out there have one of these.Just wanting to know about performance.I'm running 71mph 2.5260 with 24 laser at 7000rpm.If anyone has any tips let me Know.

DamageInc
10-24-2001, 11:12 AM
You may want to check out www.screamandfly.com (http://www.screamandfly.com) - it is probably the biggest OB site on the net.

C'Mate
11-26-2001, 12:08 PM
What engine are you running? I have the open bow model Starliner. We do alot more skiing than anything so I'm not propped for speed. But I am not running near that fast. But I'm carrying alot of wieght with skiis and toys. I'm running a merc. 220 hp and only running around 60 mphwith the skiing prop. One of the ***boat editors had an article on a Starflight as a project that he did and seems to me he got comparable numbers to yours. I want to say it was in an April edition. I am curious as to what engine you are running.
C'Mate

jonnyd
12-06-2001, 12:34 AM
C-mate I'm running a 2.5EFI 260hp.My boat goes a little faster now, same prop but speed is up to 77at 7300rpm. I changed my lower unit from a sportmaster to a stock with a bobs cone on it

C'Mate
12-08-2001, 08:21 PM
Johnny,
Thanks for the reply. It's interesting to me to see what boats that are comparable to mine will do. Unfortunately the power required to push mine above 70 just isn't in the budjet right now. Thanks again and please post any changes/improvements to keep me informed. I really apreciate it.

jonnyd
12-11-2001, 06:14 AM
Hey C-mate you should be able to get mid 60's with what you have you just need a prop. Something like a 24 laser or a 23 trophy.Also the good thing is either one of these prop will give good ski performance

C'Mate
12-14-2001, 11:48 AM
Johnny,
The problem I'm having is that this particular engine (220 Laser) has a spark advance module that advances the timing around 3000 rpm. With anything much larger than a 22p prop I have to be constantly adjusting the throttle when pulling wakeboarders because 3000rpm produces about the right wakeboard speed. I realize that I could disconnect the spark advence module and I may try that this year. What I would really like to try is a shifting prop. I realize the shifting props are'nt the best for top speed, but I thought one might be the best of both worlds. Later