PDA

View Full Version : ? for the ladies.......

core attitude
02-23-2006, 11:53 AM
I need to buy a gift and need some info on a purse / wallet combo. What's hot and what's not, etc. It needs to be something we can see in person so internet only is out of the question and I would like to keep it under........oh I don't know, what's reasonable, $300?
Thanks for the help,
Pete

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-23-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't get into paying hundreds for a purse but Coach has nice stuff.
www.coach.com :rollside:

MagicMtnDan
02-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Coach outlet store - great stuff for a lot less than the retail stores!

meaniam
02-23-2006, 12:05 PM
im not a lady but i know my lady likes to buy doone and burk and lou button< i know i speeled them wrong> but i dont really know what they are really called i just make fun of the name and ask her how that cost 400 to max she spent that i know is 750 she buys hers at the costa mesa mall. i think doone and burk or whatever it is they have an outlet in palm springs but she never found anything she likes out there.i think costa mesa plaza is the best bet. you dont even need to come clse on the lou vatton name they will all correct you and show you where it is. the last one i bought (well she bought it) came with a purse wallet cell phone holder and i think she recived the sunglass as a gift! they may have cheaper....

Roaddogg 4040
02-23-2006, 12:07 PM
You wont go wrong with Coach, according to my wife... :cool:
Steve

Kilrtoy
02-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Ok you have a serious problem on your hands. a present for a woman and under 300 bucks good luck...
Seriously try Nine West, should be able to get both for under 300,
Coach is nice but has become trendy. Until you get the more exotic side of coach. At 300 you will only barely get a purse.
Guess will get you two purses and two wallets....and dinner

Mrs. casean
02-23-2006, 12:10 PM
I don't get into paying hundreds for a purse but Coach has nice stuff.
www.coach.com :rollside:
Ditto that :D
If I did spend the money for a more expensive purse or wallet I'd be looking at Coach.

core attitude
02-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for all the info so far.......it gives me some place to start. :) She's not a baller by any means but she deserves this one. :)
Pete

Mrs. casean
02-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks for all the info so far.......it gives me some place to start. :) She's not a baller by any means but she deserves this one. :)
Pete
It's different when you buy it for her... then she can't get in trouble for spending the money :D This is very nice of you! Happy Shopping!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Ditto that :D
If I did spend the money for a more expensive purse or wallet I'd be looking at Coach.
They have dog collars too. Our little doggie has one. They are really cute. :rollside:

Mrs. casean
02-23-2006, 12:17 PM
They have dog collars too. Our little doggie has one. They are really cute. :rollside:
No way! How cute! :D

TOBTEK
02-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Coach is nice...but go big. go to saks online and get her a Prada! better yet, my wife has a closet full of them..... meet me in the garage, she will never miss one of them :)

YeLLowBoaT
02-23-2006, 12:21 PM
No way! How cute! :D
From $42-68 cute (http://www.coach.com/shop/classic_favs_category_l.asp?category_id=623)

Sleek-Jet
02-23-2006, 12:21 PM
I say a new spatula, a frying pan... and stuff to make you dinner. :D
A nice referance (http://www.thebonerollercoaster.com/News/heart.shtm) compliments of JBB. :D

core attitude
02-23-2006, 12:28 PM
:D Coach is nice...but go big. go to saks online and get her a Prada! better yet, my wife has a closet full of them..... meet me in the garage, she will never miss one of them :)
Can you post some pics before I jump in the truck and head up. :D

NOTALENT
02-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Coach, Luis, and Gucci are out. Everyone has them. The new Gwen Stephani purses and Paris Hilton Lines are Hot right now.
Yes I know this!! One of my best friends is a personal shopper for celebs. :crossx: She gets paid to shop....WTF!!! :220v:

rodnjen
02-23-2006, 12:36 PM
My wife likes Monsac, you can buy them at Nordstrom. And if she doen's like it they have a great return policy. :rollside:

djunkie
02-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Coach, Luis, and Gucci are out. Everyone has them. The new Gwen Stephani purses and Paris Hilton Lines are Hot right now.
Yes I know this!! One of my best friends is a personal shopper for celebs. :crossx: She gets paid to shop....WTF!!! :220v:
Don't lie. You know you have your own collection. :crossx:

NOTALENT
02-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Don't lie. You know you have your own collection. :crossx:
I have Louis, Gucci, Versace, Burberry, and some others...in the mens line...I used to by that shit when I was heavily into promoting at Sutra and Tentation. Now its just a waste of money... :yuk: :crossx:

djunkie
02-23-2006, 01:11 PM
I have Louis, Gucci, Versace, Burberry, and some others...in the mens line...I used to by that shit when I was heavily into promoting at Sutra and Tentation. Now its just a waste of money... :yuk: :crossx:
Your such a homo!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! J/K :crossx: :crossx:

NOTALENT
02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Your such a homo!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! J/K :crossx: :crossx:
Homo sapien!!!! :crossx: :yuk:

Mrs.Racer277
02-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Coach or Brighton.
For Brighton you can contact Nord here on HB.

BarryMac
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Got to TJ, they have knock offs for $20, she'll never know the difference.
BTW, Toby, she'll know that they're missing, trust me...

meaniam
02-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Got to TJ, they have knock offs for $20, she'll never know the difference.
BTW, Toby, she'll know that they're missing, trust me...
man if she is a female shell no the knockoffs? its somthing with the way they line up or the liners or some shizzzzzznit

Kilrtoy
02-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Coach is nice...but go big. go to saks online and get her a Prada! better yet, my wife has a closet full of them..... meet me in the garage, she will never miss one of them :)
HEY TOBY, CAN WE MAKE SOME TRADES.... :idea: :idea: :idea:

boatsnblondes
02-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Forget the purse and wallet....go to Saks in Beverly Hills, get her a bottle of Bond No.9 Chinatowne prefume...then run over to Joe Malone and get her some smells good stuff for her house and bath..candles, etc. she'll love you for it...then take her over to the nearest Clinique counter and get her what she needs...done deal bro..trust me...I married a glamour girl, I know how women think.....

Mrs.Racer277
02-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Forget the purse and wallet....go to Saks in Beverly Hills, get her a bottle of Bond No.9 Chinatowne prefume...then run over to Joe Malone and get her some smells good stuff for her house and bath..candles, etc. she'll love you for it...then take her over to the nearest Clinique counter and get her what she needs...done deal bro..trust me...I married a glamour girl, I know how women think.....
Clinique is so yesterday it is Mac now. :rolleyes: :p :p

NOTALENT
02-24-2006, 07:30 AM
haha...I know someone who gets a hook up.. :rollside:

hotsand65
02-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Get her an American Express gift card and let her pick it out herself!

Kilrtoy
02-24-2006, 09:09 AM
haha...I know someone who gets a hook up.. :rollside:
REALLY, hook a brother up.....

AltarGirl
02-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I need to buy a gift and need some info on a purse / wallet combo. What's hot and what's not, etc. It needs to be something we can see in person so internet only is out of the question and I would like to keep it under........oh I don't know, what's reasonable, $300?
Thanks for the help,
Pete
I've always liked Coach, but as stated, it is pretty trendy now. :rolleyes:
Prada is always good, but good luck w/the $300 part. Nordstrom usually has all the upscale purses for good deals, so I'd definitely try there. I've gotten some awesome deals there.
Another option that's alot cheaper & not as high end as Coach or Prada is Guess. I have more Guess purses than anything & they really are well designed & well made. Alot cheaper too, but still nice. Good Luck! :p

Froggystyle
02-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Mac is so yesterday... it is all Smashbox now... ;)

Mrs.Racer277
02-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Is that OG's invention??? :p :p

Ziggy
02-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Can't tell you how many High dollar purses my wife has found at thrift shops. Some Diva used them for one night. :rolleyes:
$5 for one of them $300 jobbies.....they don't even have any lint in them yet.. :p

AltarGirl
02-24-2006, 02:49 PM
You're right, it is all about Smashbox. It's GREAT makeup. I still like Estee Lauder too though, can't beat the quality :)

MagicMtnDan
02-24-2006, 02:54 PM
You could always buy her a nice uncooked steak so she's ready for you on S&BJ day! :D

RVRGIRL
02-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Go to HANDBAGS.COM they have a big selection of handbags at all different prices.

core attitude
02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for all the info everybody........we're off to South Coast to take a look at a few of the suggestions offered up.
Pete

Kilrtoy
02-26-2006, 11:46 PM
So what did you get???????

core attitude
02-27-2006, 07:43 AM
So what did you get???????
A reprieve, :D she was so confused by the lack of choices in the stores that she wants to keep looking for a bit........we're going to hit the Cabazon Outlets later in the week. The kids each scored a Tiffany necklace though so their stoked. :rollside:
Pete

rivergoer
02-27-2006, 09:31 AM
the tyle purses. my wife just got two of them i guess they are the new hot thinh...but pricey. 300-400 a pop and 100-200 for the wallets. :cry: