PDA

View Full Version : Stepping into the dark side!!

voodooCanoe
08-28-2007, 08:09 AM
After many years of having nothing but v-drives, I have added my first jet to the fleet! Nothing too high performance, just a nice all around, fun family ride.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1989_Caribean_Open_Bow_Hardin_Marine_031_6_.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1989_Caribean_Open_Bow_Hardin_Marine_001_4_.jpg

W.O.T
08-28-2007, 08:14 AM
the darkside:confused: have fun with your new boat. jets are fun!

76 Bonneville
08-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I think you got that backwards, FROM THE DARKSIDE. :D

voodooCanoe
08-28-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm looking forward to the weekend, the family is excited to have a boat everyone can get into. Not like the rest of the "family" boats we have had:D

ck7684
08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Feel the power of the dark side!!

beerjet
08-28-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm looking forward to the weekend, the family is excited to have a boat everyone can get into. Not like the rest of the "family" boats we have had:D
Nice boat . Life is alot easier when the whole family is happy . I hope you enjoy it most of all .
-beerjet-

voodooCanoe
08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Nice boat . Life is alot easier when the whole family is happy . I hope you enjoy it most of all .
-beerjet-
Thanks much, she's got just enough power to not get bored when driving and not too much that the wife won't want to drive it.
I almost bought a Eliminator Sprit that was perfect, but was still too small to make the Mrs. happy. This boat has been owned by a freinds brother in law and has less than 30hrs on it. It's a 89 and looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

slotracer
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
word of advice do not people step on the covers in the floor to hard. i had to rebuild mine after having some friends kids in mine.:mad:

hellman2u
08-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Nice boat ! As bad as I wanted you to buy that sprint, you made the right choice. Its great you can take the family with now. See you @ Haystack !

voodooCanoe
08-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Nice boat ! As bad as I wanted you to buy that sprint, you made the right choice. Its great you can take the family with now. See you @ Haystack !
I'll GPS it this weekend and if it goes 1/2 way decent I might stick Cole in it at Dexter and let him run river racer:D :D Wouldn't even need to install a rope deflector. :eek:
I really wanted the sprint as well, but the kids are not shrinking and I know I would have ended up putting a blower on it and seeing how fast I can get it.
Sound like anybody we know????:D :D
Were heading to the John Day this weekend, bring out the green machine and hang out.

BILLY.B
08-28-2007, 07:07 PM
See ya Chief!!!!. Nice knowing ya!:)

Outlaw
08-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Just Curious why those "Vdive" guys allways post on just jets???? is it that boring on the V side.........just wondering
I have never even clicked on that forum:confused:
By the way VooDoo nice looking ride

BILLY.B
08-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Just Curious why those "Vdive" guys allways post on just jets???? is it that boring on the V side.........just wondering
I have never even clicked on that forum:confused:
By the way VooDoo nice looking rideMy left foot was going to sleep and it remined me of my jet days so I clicked on this forum...:D

hellman2u
08-29-2007, 06:43 AM
I would love to come out to the JD , I'm probably not going to have it river ready yet. I am putting in the other original fuel tank and billet fuel valve and some plumbing to be able to put water back on the headers or turn off a valve to run them dry. I'm sure that Shell or one of my boy's will want to try their hand at river racer next year. I miss the JD and hope to spend some time there next year. OH!! and by the way, I'm sure there is room for a procharger , eaton, B$M , some kind of blower under that engine cover. What kind of hardware is on the back of that pump. I do have an extra aggressor droop, nozzle , and inserts collecting dust in a box.???? You are welcome to do a little tuning if you want. Once a racer always a racer !! Have fun with your new ride. Has Cole done anything with the Cobra ?? See you guy's at haystack. Jim

ck7684
08-29-2007, 07:05 AM
...cuz this and the sandbar are the most active forums!!

voodooCanoe
08-29-2007, 07:28 AM
OUCH!!!! that felt like a kick to the nutz!!!

BLOWN JOB
08-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Dont you mean the fun side now you an your boat will be in the water not on the trailer or tyed up on the beach

LGCDEVIL
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
After many years of having nothing but v-drives, I have added my first jet to the fleet! Nothing too high performance, just a nice all around, fun family ride.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1989_Caribean_Open_Bow_Hardin_Marine_031_6_.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1989_Caribean_Open_Bow_Hardin_Marine_001_4_.jpg
I had that exact boat (same gel, color & all) about 5 years ago. Great boat. Ran 58 with the 330hp Hardin marine jet pack deal. Responded very well to a droop (about 4mph top end). Have fun.

BA Kurtis
08-29-2007, 05:00 PM
My left foot was going to sleep and it remined me of my jet days so I clicked on this forum...:D
Now that right there is funny:D :D
Nice boat Vodoo, I had a jet cruiser and loved it, sorry I sold it, the funny thing is I sold it to a guy that calls him self v-drive here on hp:idea:

ahsumtoy
08-29-2007, 05:01 PM
"Can't we all just get along?"