PDA

View Full Version : Another lame computer question

bunny 166
08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
OK, I am trying to listen to some cheer music from a website and it was downloaded into a temporary internet file....now I can't find it...It's not in my music file. Where is it and how can I listen to it? Thanks!
Your computer challenged friend, bunny :D

Ziggy
08-28-2007, 02:52 PM
There should be a file named "temporary internet files"...but I feel your pain, I've not found downloads myself so now I make certain I write down the file name before clicking the OK button, or redirect it to a file I will remember.
I hope it wasn't the Staples, Pop, Pop, Quiz, Quiz commercial :D:D:D:D

BiggusJimbus
08-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Stupid double post

BiggusJimbus
08-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Go to your start menu,
Search for files created today.
Sort them by date/time.
It will be near the top of the results list.
Easiest way to find stuff that disappears.

C-2
08-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Right click your avatar, see what file folder/directory shows up under download location, back out and look it that directory. It should be there, unless you specified someplace else or changed it.

JB in so cal
08-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I got nothin':cool:

gramps
08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Some websites (like limewire) will create a new folder to store downloades music in. This is done when the site uses peer to peer file sharing. The songs may be in that new folder.

CMac
08-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Simply save the file again and see where your computer puts it before you click save.
Perfect:D

bunny 166
08-28-2007, 03:43 PM
;) Thanks for your responses...When I go to listen to a sample of his music, it starts to load it into a folder...then I can't find the folder. Damn, all I wanna do is listen to what the guy has done for other teams...:rolleyes: I am laaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee :rolleyes: Maybe someone can post some music for me...:D :D
soundslikethat.com :D

pvhca
08-28-2007, 03:47 PM
hey it's phil from the park, Gino's dad, you guy's headin out this weekend? If yes we'll see ya there!!

bunny 166
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
hey it's phil from the park, Gino's dad, you guy's headin out this weekend? If yes we'll see ya there!!
Hi Philly....we're on the fence...got a ton of work we need to do around here. The kids were wondering if you were going--now I can tell them yes. That may sway us....:idea: :D Say hi to Lisa! PM me your celly...

bunny 166
08-28-2007, 03:55 PM
It doesn't download, which is why you can't find it, it simply opens an mp3 player in a new window for you to listen to. You might have popups blocked or something that keeps you from being able to hear them. He's using javascript to hide the files, a trick to keep people from stealing his music. Unfortunately, he forgot to disallow access to his directories. All this probably sounds like blah blah blah blah script.
http://soundslikethat.com/musicsamples/
Click that link, it will take you to his directory of music. Find the song you want, right click, save target as.... and then pick a place on your computer where you want to save it and you can then listen to it with itunes or whatever.
Yep, it sounds like blah blah blah, LOL, but I'll click on the link and then right click save as to listen to them....geez, remind me not to put up any photobucket pics or anything here...you guys will get in there somehow....friggin' nerds, LOL...;)

skygod73
08-28-2007, 05:31 PM
What do you do with cheer? My wifey's a H.S. advisor/coach.

pvhca
08-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi Philly....we're on the fence...got a ton of work we need to do around here. The kids were wondering if you were going--now I can tell them yes. That may sway us....:idea: :D Say hi to Lisa! PM me your celly...
cell is 951-285-3845, i think just Gino and I are going, hope to see you guys