PDA

View Full Version : Does it still count as OUI in a Duffy?

AZJD
08-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Just wondering! I will be in a duffy this weekend, and certainly don't want to be the FNG DD!:D :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Just wondering! I will be in a duffy this weekend, and certainly don't want to be the FNG DD!:D :D :D
is there a check point..:idea: :D

hava life
08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
I would think that since you are in a Duffy the cop would understand:)
What bay are you going to and I will see if I can find out if there is going to be a check point and I will let you know:D :D

Big Warlock
08-28-2007, 03:43 PM
The Duffy driver will not be drinking. No worries!! :D

AZJD
08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
is there a check point..:idea: :D
Hava Life is checking, and will warn me if so.....:D :D :D

OCMerrill
08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
whats a duffy?kindn like a puffy?:D
Electric harbor boat about 16 to 21' in length. About 10 mph to speed with no wake. Usually the entire middle of the thing is a dedicated Bar.:D
Think Jungle Cruise boat...

Suckfish81
08-28-2007, 04:45 PM
We went duffing all day sun in newport harbor drank like fishes. No worries.

burtandnancy2
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Come On! Even the dual motor Duffy's won't hit 10 mph. I doubt if you'll even see 5...

Boatcop
08-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Short answer.
YES!

AZJD
08-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Short answer.
YES!
Well it's a good thing Rob will be driving!:D

Havasu Hangin'
08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
....and certainly don't want to be the FNG DD!:D :D :D
Too bad. I was gonna let you chauffeur...errrr....."drive" the HH Tugboat this weekend.
:D

OCMerrill
08-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Come On! Even the dual motor Duffy's won't hit 10 mph. I doubt if you'll even see 5...
Straight off their website....
How does Duffy power compare to trolling motor power?
Duffy drive systems are designed to be the primary power system for the boat, developing up to 220 lbs. of static thrust. The Duffy 21 Newporter weighs about 4,000 lbs. with 10 adults aboard and can still maintain a top speed of 6.5 knots into wind and current. The Advanced DC Motor develops tremendous torque and is equivalent to about a 10-hp gas motor.
OK so 9 mph. Last one I was on was at Mission Viejo Lake... Hand Held GPS. Hard to get a good reading before we spun into the reeds because some dick in a Kayak cut us off.:D
They go good for an electric boat and produce little to no wake. They are application specific if you ask me and it's nothing I would own.

burtandnancy2
08-28-2007, 05:59 PM
OC, thanks for the specifications. They were great fun for the grandkids, and we revisited many old sites in Newport. We do it about every other year...

Chubby4Life
08-28-2007, 06:09 PM
....Hard to get a good reading before we spun into the reeds because some dick in a Kayak cut us off.:D
That's funny!:D

Cigalert
08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Straight off their website....
How does Duffy power compare to trolling motor power?
Duffy drive systems are designed to be the primary power system for the boat, developing up to 220 lbs. of static thrust. The Duffy 21 Newporter weighs about 4,000 lbs. with 10 adults aboard and can still maintain a top speed of 6.5 knots into wind and current. The Advanced DC Motor develops tremendous torque and is equivalent to about a 10-hp gas motor.
OK so 9 mph. Last one I was on was at Mission Viejo Lake... Hand Held GPS. Hard to get a good reading before we spun into the reeds because some dick in a Kayak cut us off.:D
They go good for an electric boat and produce little to no wake. They are application specific if you ask me and it's nothing I would own.
You must have taken out all the reeds in your high speed manuver because when we had brunch at the Flatts there were no more reeds. Thanks a lot your thoughtless driving cleared a path for the ducks and can now walk right up and take my Huevos Rancheros.

Jordy
08-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Too bad. I was gonna let you chauffeur...errrr....."drive" the HH Tugboat this weekend.
:D
Shit, I'd almost pay to see that. JD might be a little rusty with all the time he HASN'T spent at the lake this summer. I think the wheel bearings were squealing when I had to back it up a bit to fit the World's slowest DCB in the yard last week. :jawdrop: :eek: :D