PDA

View Full Version : 1980 Sanger, We will miss you.

MR.ED Hydro
08-28-2007, 06:47 PM
As some of you may know, we recently lost a great member of our extended dragboat family. Mark (1980 Sanger) passed away on friday of last week 8/24/07. The services for him will be held this Wednesday evening (8.29.07) at 7:00pm at St. Charles Church in San Carlos (Bay Area).
Anyone who would like to be there, is encouraged to attend.

sanger ss396
08-28-2007, 07:01 PM
i do not know him but i send my best wishes to his family and to all of you who knew him

GofastRacer
08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Sad indeed, thoughts and prayers go out to all involved!...

Morg
08-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I had the great pleasure of camping next to Mark a few years ago at CFW. Mark became one of the guys I really looked forward to seeing at the lake. I can't explain what a shock this is. In the short time I knew him the one thing I can be sure of is that he was one of the good guys, with the deepest respect for his fellow boaters & human beings. Mark will be missed by all.
Godspeed my friend.

Cole Man II
08-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I have camped next to Mark the last few years @ CFW on Fathers day. I just want everyone to know that Mark was a super nice guy, and shared our passion for boats. I have yet to hear what has happened, but I would just like to say that he will be sorely missed.
Craig.

suckerpunch
08-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Mark Gavron is a good customer of ours and like the others have said, one of the nicest guys you have ever known. He was so excited to go racing for his first time at ming with the v-drive club. He just bought a new lifeline, prop and other parts. Marks dream of running down the course was cut short, but I know he is making screaming passes where he is now. All of us at the shop will miss him . I hope the best for his family through such a tuff time.
Joe Shelfo

Lefty
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/589/IMG_0733_1_.jpg
Will miss you Mark. It was a pleasure to know you.

QuickJet
08-28-2007, 09:26 PM
WOW!!! I just met Mark this past Father's Day at CFW. Real nice and way cool guy.
Very Sad indeed :( :( :(

LandSpeedRacer
08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Very sorry to hear this, Mark is one of our boating family. After much ribbing and curious stares at the contraption I built, Mark and I became friends the last couple years and gave me the encouragement I needed to continue to dare to be different. This is very shocking and a great loss to boating and our boating family.
God speed Mark.
LSR

84 cougar
08-28-2007, 11:33 PM
As everyone has stated previosly, Mark was a great guy. The kind of guy who was helping you before you knew you needed help.Like all of us, he just loved being at the lake around the boats. Mark made friends with everyone he talked to. He was another one of things you loved about going to the lake. He will sorely missed, and never forgotten. R.I.P. Mark.
Steve & Megan Giacomino

mfrey
08-29-2007, 04:42 AM
CFW will not be the same without Mark and that beautiful hydro. He was a good man...he was one of us. Our deepest sympathy to his family.
Mike & Rena Frey

charitycase
08-29-2007, 05:41 AM
WOW! Is right Scott.We just camped with him this year at CFW.Great people.He was so young,anybody know what happened?Godspeed Mark.Casey & Christina.

Jetboatguru
08-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Very sorry to hear this. Does anyone have details?

BILLY.B
08-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Too much of this bad news going on lately. Prayers go out to the family & friends.

GofastRacer
08-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Very sad indeed, thoughts and prayers go out to all involved!..

fltflyn
08-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Very sad news. Our prayers go to his family. Godspeed Mark

Sanitariumflat
08-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Very sad news. My condolences. As many others I had just met him and he was a hell of a guy. We will certainly miss him. Our thoughts & prayers to his family.

sanger mike
08-29-2007, 08:25 AM
im so so sorry. :cry: i just read this and im shocked. i met mark and his dad just before we moved to yuba city from millbrae. i called my friend who helped mark with his motor to find out what happend. he told me that it was suicide. please dont get mad at me for putting this out here but i feel that we should all know what happend. R.I.P MARK R.I.P we will all miss you very very much.

Kevdog
08-29-2007, 11:27 AM
What a huge loss. Mark was one of my favorite guys to hang out with in the boat club. He was always so positive. Everyone wanted to camp with him at CFW.
Even though Mark had one of the nicest Sangers in existence, he never gave the impression he was better than you. He was so approachable, friendly, and such a likeable person that anyone who met him was put in a better mood.
My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends.
Mark will never be forgotten.
Kevin Hoppe

Blown3-d
08-29-2007, 11:42 AM
I never meet Mark but Juan a good friend of mine worked with him, Juan was always talking about his good buddy with the blown alky hydro. I hope he is still on that one great pass now and forever, God bless you Mark.

NIGHTHAWK HEMI
08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow! This is a tragedy that I still can not grasp.He is what we are all about and for something like this to happen to the family of hot boaters is just the worst .I have been hang out with Mark the last couple of years he was someone that I looked forward to seeing at hot boat party's and we had already made plans to show up for fathers day early next year to hangout.This sucks sucks sucks! You guys are what I live for and the peeps that make life worth sticking around for please don't leave sooner than you need to.
MARK , We will miss you more that you will ever Know. God Speed Bro we will have a toast in your honor at Berryessa.

Mrs.charitycase
08-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Wow! This is a tragedy that I still can not grasp.He is what we are all about and for something like this to happen to the family of hot boaters is just the worst .I have been hang out with Mark the last couple of years he was someone that I looked forward to seeing at hot boat party's and we had already made plans to show up for fathers day early next year to hangout with us more.This sucks sucks sucks! You guys are what I live for and the peeps that make life worth sticking around for please don't leave sooner that you need to.
MARK , We will miss you more that you will ever Know. God Speed Bro we will have a toast in your honor at Berryessa.
DITTO!! We will miss you Mark!

SANGER-RICH
08-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Mark called me on the 18th of this month congratulating me on my article in Sept issue of Hot Boat magazine and he was looking forward to going to Ming .We talked about meeting each other there, he was taking his hydro to Shelfo's shop that day to get tech checked. We met Mark about 3 years ago such a sweet person, and this is leaving a big hole in our heart's and life, we always looked for his hydro to show up and loved talking to him. He was a very knowledgeable person.
He will be missed
Our condolences to his father, and family
My wife took these pictures of Mark at PCR Oct. 2006
It was a honor to know him and have him in our life
Mark you may be gone but never forgotten
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247DSC_0089.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247DSC_0090.JPG

Dimarco21
08-29-2007, 05:38 PM
I met Mark about 5 years ago at CFW when he was putting the hydro together and he could not wait to hit the water with it. Met him again the following year for CFW fathers day with his just finished hydro and camped next to him. He was like a "kid in a candy store" with excitement about runnin' his boat that weekend. A picture of that smile from ear to ear is stuck in my head. R.I.P. Mark. God speed.

jockorace
08-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Mark was such a neat guy. A great friend to my son, Steve. This year at CFW was particularly special. I brought my whole family out this year from Minnesota and we camped right with Mark for 5 days. He was one of those guys .......what was his was offered to anyone. He took my daughters for rides in the Hydro. I don't know what else to say. My first thought when Steve told me what happened was, my God, his Dad will be devastated. Mark, you were a good man.
Dave, Lindsay & Toni Giacomino

Restless22
08-29-2007, 10:26 PM
I just got back from the service. It was very nice and packed full of family and friends that loved Mark.
Camp Far just isnt going to be the same. At least in my eyes.
Good luck to you Brotha!
RIP
Ron and Family

Morg
08-30-2007, 05:59 AM
R.I.P.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33989&d=1183005068
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33990&d=1183005122

D Ginny
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
This is very sad news. I went to the service last night and to see how many people showed up was amazing. Mark was a really great guy and will be missed R.I.P

84 cougar
08-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Unbelievable service. A true testiment to who Mark really was. Loved by so many.
Some family and friends are talking about a lake event memorial in Marks honor possibly in late September. Once things settle down, we'll set a time and place.
So dont break your boats, or tear them apart yet so we can honor him with the runs he loved to make and watch.

Running_on_Empty
08-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the loss.
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/sam_snead01/1980sanger3.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/sam_snead01/1980sanger2.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/sam_snead01/1980sanger1.jpg

MAXIMUS
08-31-2007, 04:49 AM
As some of you may know, we recently lost a great member of our extended dragboat family. Mark (1980 Sanger) passed away on friday of last week 8/24/07. The services for him will be held this Wednesday evening (8.29.07) at 7:00pm at St. Charles Church in San Carlos (Bay Area).
Anyone who would like to be there, is encouraged to attend.
What happend to him?:confused: