PDA

View Full Version : Ripped keel and Bent drive shaft

CMATT21
02-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Sorry no pics. But my last trip out we sustained some damage. I now need to find a good, fair and honset repair shop for approx. $1500-$2000 of work.
I ripped about 2 inches off the keel, almost the length of it. The stainless prop got us home but it's worked. Was told the prop could be repaired, but I'm not sure. Was thinking with stainless I should just buy another. I have a Mirage 21p Stainless. I found them to be in the $500 range. Any others I should be looking at for price and quality? Lastly if the drive is bent and the keel is torn, would it make more sence to just replace the lower unit (BRAVO 1) and where might someone start to look for pricing on that.
Thanks Hot Boaters
:cry:

CMATT21
02-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Bump

voodoomedman
02-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Sorry no pics. But my last trip out we sustained some damage. I now need to find a good, fair and honset repair shop for approx. $1500-$2000 of work.
I ripped about 2 inches off the keel, almost the length of it. The stainless prop got us home but it's worked. Was told the prop could be repaired, but I'm not sure. Was thinking with stainless I should just buy another. I have a Mirage 21p Stainless. I found them to be in the $500 range. Any others I should be looking at for price and quality? Lastly if the drive is bent and the keel is torn, would it make more sence to just replace the lower unit (BRAVO 1) and where might someone start to look for pricing on that.
Thanks Hot Boaters
:cry:
Where's the boat at? In what area do you want to get the work done?

superdave013
02-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Prime Marine could fix all of that no problem. Kinda long drive for you but it would be worth it.

Quality Time
02-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Please clairfy,
driveshaft or prop shaft? Also, the price you quoted for the prop seems high and yes you can get them re-worked and will be as good, if not better than before. Especially if you have them match the pitch on each blade.
Sorry to hear of your mishap.

CMATT21
02-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks
Ok the boat is keep in Havasu. The prop shaft is what I was talking about.
Well,good to know I could get the prop fixed others have said it will never be the same.
Thanks again
MATTO

BajaMike
02-23-2006, 04:44 PM
The prop can be re-worked...there's a prop shop in Havasu that did a good job on my prop, I can't remember the name, someone here will know it.
Re-working the prop should be $100 to $200. :idea:
:rollside:
:boxed:

LUVNLIFE
02-23-2006, 05:58 PM
The boys gave some excellent advice. Throw this up on Outdrive tech and you will get more feedback. Cale :cool:

4DAY4PLAY
02-23-2006, 06:41 PM
not sure how it happened, but if you hit something while boating, insurance may cover it....i know mine would. Depending on your deductible, you may look into it.