PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever help people at Site 6?

beaverretriever
08-29-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't know if it is me, or if anyone else feels this way but I couldn't just sit there, laugh, point and take photos. I feel bad for some of these folks that really struggle to get their boat on the trailer, back up, unload, whatever it may be.
Does anyone ever help some of these people?
Don't get me wrong, some of the photos are very funny, and some of these people deserve what happens to them, but many are just people trying to have fun that may not be the best at loading and unloading.

Froggystyle
08-29-2007, 08:49 AM
I help them. Every time. I might only get to help a couple a day while I am launching and retrieving, but I always lend a hand or give some advice to folks who are struggling...
I have never understood the mentality of a heckler, and honestly, when I see people doing it that I know, I think less of them for it.
Some of the folks on here have gotten down and lent a hand that I know of, but they are the minority. Mostly, it is taking pictures of someone elses misfortune.
If that energy was spent being part of the solution, we would have a lot more good boaters out there.

Jbb
08-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Seawall! :jawdrop:

Ziggy
08-29-2007, 08:50 AM
I haven't only because I don't go there:)

yopengo
08-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Posted in other thread.....
We went for the first time last Saturday after an early dinner at Angelina’s. I wanted to see what the big deal was. I saw some cool boats up close, some idiots that were wasted and some pros that were really skilled. I was not there five minutes before getting up to help a lady back up her trailer after she messed up three times. I could not sit there and watch and not help. If anyone of them needed help I would be there to do so. I did not care that there were others not doing anything. It’s just my nature to lend a helping hand.
Will I go back….yes, it was free entertainment. No one got injured, no one killed…. just clean fun. Will I go help anyone that needed it…absolutely. :D

phebus
08-29-2007, 08:53 AM
No, they are a bunch of sexually frustrated people that get off on other peoples misfortunes, and then go in a bathroom stall and tap their foot until they get someone to finish off their wonderfull day. :D

shippingguy
08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
I help them. Every time. I might only get to help a couple a day while I am launching and retrieving, but I always lend a hand or give some advice to folks who are struggling...
I have never understood the mentality of a heckler, and honestly, when I see people doing it that I know, I think less of them for it.
Some of the folks on here have gotten down and lent a hand that I know of, but they are the minority. Mostly, it is taking pictures of someone elses misfortune.
If that energy was spent being part of the solution, we would have a lot more good boaters out there.
Well said Wes. I would rather help out and show somebody what to do so the next time they do not struggle as well as mess up somebody elses boat or my boat if they just so happen to be launching next to me. Nobody here was an expert at launching and retrieving when they started. We have all needed help at one time or another.
Mike

Wet Dream
08-29-2007, 08:56 AM
How about the other side of things? Doesn't anyone that might be having a little trouble ever swallow their ego and ask for a hand? Some people act too proud to say "Hey, can you give me a hand, please"? Those simple words go a LONG way. Follwed up with a simple Thank you. For me, I'm usually the guy that jumps in and helps, unless its one of those guys thats too cool for the room. Then its so much more fun to break out the camera and enjoy the scene play out.

yopengo
08-29-2007, 08:56 AM
No, they are a bunch of sexually frustrated people that get off on other peoples misfortunes, and then go in a bathroom stall and tap their foot until they get someone to finish off their wonderfull day. :D
I can finish myself off just fine thank you. :D

shippingguy
08-29-2007, 08:57 AM
How about the other side of things? Doesn't anyone that might be having a little trouble ever swallow their ego and ask for a hand? some people act too proud to say "Hey, can you give me a hand, please"? Those simple words go a LONG way. Follwed up with a simple Thank you.
That is true, but I would rather just jump out and help than wait for the person to swallow that pride and it be too late.
Mike

havaduner
08-29-2007, 08:58 AM
I'll help. I love going to the ramp, for the free entertainment. If somebody is struggling, I'll get up and help. Hate to see someone get hurt or damage their stuff.
Now, if they're a drunk ass MF'er, and being a dick, they get what they get.

ChumpChange
08-29-2007, 08:58 AM
When I go there, I always help the people who really need help, the family that has the wife who can't back down a trailer.
You laugh at the people who are arrogant pricks who completely make fools of themselves.

Duck
08-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Ditto what Froggy said-after a laugh, shake of the head, chuckles, elbow to my neighbor, and getting out of my lawn chair.:D

RiverDave
08-29-2007, 09:06 AM
I'd echo pretty much that entire post. I don't quite understand the hecklers either? I think the concept of it is funny with the score cards and all.. But everytime I've been at a launch ramp that somebody needed help, the thought of heckling, or taking a picture never crosses my mind. I just go help the guy/girl etc..
RD

Wet Dream
08-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Heckling is wrong. That can only complicate things for the people and usually doesn't brighten their mood. Plus, it only makes the heckler look like an ass.

voodoomedman
08-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Lot's of good points in here. I've yet to go. If I were though I'd for the most part echo was Froggy said but.........when it's the sausage party boat where everyone is drunk and acting a fool and put us in danger not because they need a little more practice but because they are too busy being a drunken poser then out comes the heckling. Now the family that is a little inexperienced as we once were or maybe do it just fine normally but are intimidated by the crowd I will help out everytime. In fact I always start walking towards people to help them while I'm launching or offer advice and definitely help when asked.

Garrddogg
08-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Ive been to site 6 a few times and have allways helped people that needed and wanted help, one night I think I pulled out nine trucks with my Rhino,
( broke my crank that night pullin peeps too and had to do a rebuild) most want and appreciate(sp) the help, but some just act like aZZholes and get treated according!:D

Froggystyle
08-29-2007, 09:53 AM
...when it's the sausage party boat where everyone is drunk and acting a fool and put us in danger not because they need a little more practice but because they are too busy being a drunken poser then out comes the heckling.
That would be my best case scenario for someone that I would want to help, and by doing so start a dialogue with. You know a question of "which one of you is the designated driver?" goes a long way towards chastising someone for drinking and driving. If they are ****ing it up, they should be open to criticism, while you are helping them out...
Being part of the solution isn't easy. If a drunk person is trying to pull out a boat, with a drunk driver on the boat... you need to call the cops and do us all a favor. You also need to advise them not to drive out of there and put everyone at risk.
Even dumbass flatbillers are trying to be cool, and believe it or not, some of us are who they are looking up to and trying to emulate. The guy with a nice party on his bitchin boat, organized and competent at the ramp, hot chicks etc... We are their role models. They may or may not even be in their own boats at that point, and this may be our only opportunity to make an impression on what boaters should be like... helpful, knowledgeable and competent. They mostly fancy themselves competent... at least competent enough to boat while intoxicated, but if you are helping them out, you are pretty much proving that not to be the case.
I think that 15 people on the launch ramp directing traffic, helping people back up, helping recover and launch boats, instructing, mentoring etc... would be a really cool thing to come across. Something that the papers might pick up in fact. People helping people is powerful stuff.
My .02... If anyone wants to organize a Hot Boat help day where we get together as ***boaters and assist everyone off the ramp at site 6 on Saturday... I will come to Havasu to participate. Making the hecklers look like and feel like a bunch of assholes would just be icing on the cake for me.

beaverretriever
08-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Even dumbass flatbillers are trying to be cool
Hey, you hang out with a flatbiller. ;) :D

Wet Dream
08-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Ok, thats it. Froggy for President!!! I worship this guy. How can we go wrong? Anybody?
Froggy
Froggy
Froggy

Froggystyle
08-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey, you hang out with a flatbiller. ;) :D
Yeah, but I curve his hat up when he isn't looking... ;)

little rowe boat
08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
I agree whole heartedly.

Wet Dream
08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
And I'm not being facetious in any way.

voodoomedman
08-29-2007, 10:02 AM
That would be my best case scenario for someone that I would want to help, and by doing so start a dialogue with. You know a question of "which one of you is the designated driver?" goes a long way towards chastising someone for drinking and driving. If they are ****ing it up, they should be open to criticism, while you are helping them out...
Being part of the solution isn't easy. If a drunk person is trying to pull out a boat, with a drunk driver on the boat... you need to call the cops and do us all a favor. You also need to advise them not to drive out of there and put everyone at risk.
Even dumbass flatbillers are trying to be cool, and believe it or not, some of us are who they are looking up to and trying to emulate. The guy with a nice party on his bitchin boat, organized and competent at the ramp, hot chicks etc... We are their role models. They may or may not even be in their own boats at that point, and this may be our only opportunity to make an impression on what boaters should be like... helpful, knowledgeable and competent. They mostly fancy themselves competent... at least competent enough to boat while intoxicated, but if you are helping them out, you are pretty much proving that not to be the case.
I think that 15 people on the launch ramp directing traffic, helping people back up, helping recover and launch boats, instructing, mentoring etc... would be a really cool thing to come across. Something that the papers might pick up in fact. People helping people is powerful stuff.
My .02... If anyone wants to organize a Hot Boat help day where we get together as ***boaters and assist everyone off the ramp at site 6 on Saturday... I will come to Havasu to participate. Making the hecklers look like and feel like a bunch of assholes would just be icing on the cake for me.
Your right but I'm one guy and not a Navy Seal. While I can certainly take care of myself I'm not going to go up against 10 drunken guys. I always help out where I can and I would even ask those guys if they needed help but I'm not going to push it and put myself in danger. I evaluate each situation one on one. And yes I will call the cops. I'm the type of guy to follow a guy while on the phone with police if the guy is drinking or smoking dope.

Froggystyle
08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
And I'm not being facetious in any way.
Funny, because in my best Yoda voice I was going to try to respond to your last post with "Hmmmmm.. Strong the sarcasm is in this one... " :D
Thanks for the "vote" of confidence. I think we are a better community than people give us credit for... we just need to act like it more.
You want to see the way to be a boater? Hang around Phebus... and I am totally not kidding. Sober, helpful, generous... circumstances have taken him out of a "hot" boat recently, but that isn't keeping him off the water, nor has it dulled his enthusiasm.

Froggystyle
08-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Your right but I'm one guy and not a Navy Seal. While I can certainly take care of myself I'm not going to go up against 10 drunken guys. I always help out where I can and I would even ask those guys if they needed help but I'm not going to push it and put myself in danger. I evaluate each situation one on one. And yes I will call the cops. I'm the type of guy to follow a guy while on the phone with police if the guy is drinking or smoking dope.
Point taken, but you aren't one guy if the entire community is behind you. Not to mention 20 or so converted hecklers...
Honestly, any altercation would be pretty well subdued immediately by the hugely disapproving crowd as you would be, of course, in the right.
Plus, I am not talking about leaning on them hard... but a light touch with a mentoring attitude goes a long way. I have done it a hundred times on the water when people are going the wrong way on the river, anchoring in the wrong place, making stupid waves, littering etc... Big time on the littering. I have found that me going over, picking up their beer bottle they just threw and handing it back to them with a "hey dude... you dropped this" also goes a long way. If need be, and explanation that this is where you hang out every weekend, and that wasn't cool can change a guy for life, who may have thought it was just fine.
This is sounding preachy and soapboxy, so sorry for that... But I do take this stuff seriously enough to practice what I preach in this case.

Racer277
08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
I have been to watch site 6 once, just a week ago.
Most of these people did not need help, they needed a jail sentence. In most cases they were trashed.
That being said, I have been on the ramp with Big Doug plenty of times. He goes WAY overboard helping people. I've seen him start directing traffic, help put boats on, and have his wife back others trucks down all at the same time.
I also know he takes a lot of crap for asking people if they want help. To the point that people have been offended and want to fight.

AZJD
08-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't know if it is me, or if anyone else feels this way but I couldn't just sit there, laugh, point and take photos. I feel bad for some of these folks that really struggle to get their boat on the trailer, back up, unload, whatever it may be.
Don't get me wrong, some of the photos are very funny, and some of these people deserve what happens to them, but many are just people trying to have fun that may not be the best at loading and unloading.
Wow, someone had the balls to finally ask this question.
The way I look at it is, I was a begginer at everything I do now at one point. I certainly remember and appreciate the ones who helped me alot more....
The funny thing is. All the people sitting there actually intimidate these newbies into making more mistakes.
BTW, there will be lot's of check points this weekend. I will post where I see them!:devil:

Wet Dream
08-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I also know he takes a lot of crap for asking people if they want help. To the point that people have been offended and want to fight.
Those are the people that make laughing at a pleasure when they screw up. Its all about pride to some people.

AZJD
08-29-2007, 11:06 AM
How about the other side of things? Doesn't anyone that might be having a little trouble ever swallow their ego and ask for a hand? Some people act too proud to say "Hey, can you give me a hand, please"? Those simple words go a LONG way. Follwed up with a simple Thank you. For me, I'm usually the guy that jumps in and helps, unless its one of those guys thats too cool for the room. Then its so much more fun to break out the camera and enjoy the scene play out.
Here is the other side of that!
Inviting is not a word I would attach to the group that gathers at site 6.
The last thing I would think about a bunch of people who brought chairs, ice chests and cameras were willing to do was help. I wouldn't have the gull to even muster up a tiny little "HELP."
Imtimidated as all hell, is probably the best way to sum up the people launching there. They ain't gonna ask for shit!

AZJD
08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Now all that being said. Be sure to get good pics of the unhelpable ones this weekend.....:devil: :D

Captain Dan
08-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I was lounging on the wall one night with my favorite beverage when the the person in the lane closest to me was in too deep (a common mistake at Site 6 because of the steepness of the ramp). He was telling his driver to back down farther. I told him he neded to pull up 2 feet and all would be OK. He first shunned me as a heckler, until I offered him a bet - $20 says I'm right, he took the bet, and had his wife pull forward - it worked. Upon securing his boat he went to the cab and walked up to me and gave me the $20 bill - I was floored, but he was serious. I insisted he take it back, which he did, reluctantly. I think he was a pretty cool dude to pay up in the first place. :)

OGShocker
08-29-2007, 02:54 PM
If they are sober, I'll help. Needless to say, I don't get out of the chair very often..:D

Jbb
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
The cure for drunken hecklers... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU)

MR.rvrluvr
08-29-2007, 03:03 PM
hell no i wont help....I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to good to help.....jesus christ what a foolish question....would I help? god I cant believe you would ask that from me..............................................
J/K:D :D :D :D :D :D

MBlaster
08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Putting myself in danger while helping cocky or drunk asswipes who don't know their limits isn't my game.
However I'll always help out a solo guy or family who needs a extra hand.

3 daytona`s
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Heckling is wrong. That can only complicate things for the people and usually doesn't brighten their mood. Plus, it only makes the heckler look like an ass.
Some of your posts have not brightened moods either and recent ones for sure :confused:

uLtRADeNniS
08-29-2007, 05:36 PM
I never go to site 6 so no.. But I will lend a hand wherever else I am. Ive had problems before where I needed some help and was greatfull for the people that helped.
In the Willow Valley marina there are hecklers on the holiday weekends after 5pm(usually the senior citizen crowd.). They all sit there with their ice chests and laugh at everyone that messes up. Heck it makes me so nervous sometimes because they're just waiting for you to do something dumb. I cant say I hate the hecklers.. Because sometimes its fun to sit there and laugh at other people too.... although if someone needed help I would walk down and help.

shueman
08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
I haven't only because I don't go there:)
Ditto...no really fond of waiting in line for 2 hours to retrieve my boat...:rolleyes:

shueman
08-29-2007, 06:14 PM
damm double post...

Duck
08-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Forgot to mention some co-watchers about a month ago at the ramp-LHFD and PD on the balcony. It was very civil that evening, they seemed to be waiting for something big to happen. I was only briefly there. Draft the Frogg, I say.

Racer277
08-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Here we differ. Considerably.
I don't care nearly as much as you do about my fellow human beings.
The only time I was there to watch in the last 7 years, I saw (conservatively) that 75% of the boaters and drivers were drunk. Really drunk.
Meanwhile, there are a group of fire fighters on the balcony above. They were only 10' further away than I and they have seen much more than I. THey know what they are looking at.
If they (who have a direct radio connection) don't call the cops, then I am not about to bother wasting my time. I'm also not going to back the line up any more by telling the drunks to stay put.
I would rather just sit and watch how things turn out.
Again, I am just different. I don't have alot of empathy for others.
Also, I am aware these guys are on the road while I am driving home. I am an aggresively defensive driver.

MrsGHT
08-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey you Flatbiller, seawall banger, and whatever the haters want to say about you. Why aren't you coming out this weekend? You know you guys always have a place to stay. Oh, and yes Don drove several peeps out of site six....got it on the pics.:D

hoolign
08-29-2007, 08:42 PM
The only time I was there to watch in the last 7 years, I saw (conservatively) that 75% of the boaters and drivers were drunk. Really drunk.
Meanwhile, there are a group of fire fighters on the balcony above. They were only 10' further away than I and they have seen much more than I. THey know what they are looking at.
If they (who have a direct radio connection) don't call the cops, then I am not about to bother wasting my time. I'm also not going to back the line up any more by telling the drunks to stay put.
Also, I am aware these guys are on the road while I am driving home. I am an aggresively defensive driver.
Don't worry folks..Sean will be back to normal tomorrow..he just paid off Dia's credit card bill for Victoria Secret..so he's a lil touchy tonight :D

OGShocker
08-29-2007, 08:49 PM
fuggin hose dragers!!!:mad:

Racer277
08-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Don't worry folks..Sean will be back to normal tomorrow..he just paid off Dia's credit card bill for Victoria Secret..so he's a lil touchy tonight :D
Damn Right!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Racer277
08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
fuggin hose dragers!!!:mad:
They aren't the problem either!:D
They are smart enough not to get involved.
I just don't want the liability of helping the .20 guy getting his boat on the trailer and back on the road...:rolleyes:
You got me staying up late looking at HK91 clones!:rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Well said Wes. I would rather help out and show somebody what to do so the next time they do not struggle as well as mess up somebody elses boat or my boat if they just so happen to be launching next to me. Nobody here was an expert at launching and retrieving when they started. We have all needed help at one time or another.
Mike
Well said Wes and Mike

BigDoug
08-29-2007, 09:20 PM
You all want to hear my stories ?................................Im a frequent site 6 visitor, via lawn chair and by boat, iv'e been on both sides of the fence.
Iv'e been verbally assaulted by men and women when they needed help backing down, they think they have it under control............NOPE !!
The most famous and often used line is "not bad for having 10 beers....or.....how's that for being drunk"......................this pisses me off the most !! cause one day it will be an accident on the water and you can mark my words on that.
My wife and i enjoy the shade and the people down there, young and old are hanging out with a box of chicken or even having pizza delivered right down to the ramp..................iv'e helped our very own down there too (h/b peeps) and anyone else who asks !! :)
Many drunks rolling in and think they know what the hell they're doing, falling out of the boat before it gets to the trailer and they go under (stupid) 8 guys in the boat and nobody helps out, the driver of the truck is 2 sheets to the wind, either sits in the truck with his loud music, then gets out to help and leaves the door open for the trailer backing down to hit it and close it for him :D he then gets in the water to help and slips on his ass (he's cool) he thinks he's winding the boat up with the winch but is actually letting the slack out, the boat driver yells "get on it" meanwhile they forget to raise the prop and even shut the motor down..........hell, they can't even get out of the water cause they forgot they have a 2 wheel drive truck (John Force burn out) and then proceed to ask for bodies to fill the bed of their truck up with weight, not thinking they have 8 guys with them "gee Wally what do we do now ?"
This is a typical weekend at site 6....................is it funny ?.....hell yes !!
is it sad ? hell yes !! many people don't use common sense or have the decentcy to ask for help, i'll always help when needed or asked !!
Our motto at site 6 is ...."we're here to help"....:D

Cole Sanger
08-30-2007, 03:51 AM
I have grown up going to Havasu since I was born. My parents met there, my grand parents have lived there since before the bridge. My family still lives there. I have always thought that this is an ugly sport. It was probably strarted by someone that didn't have a boat, or has never had a problem in the water. I remember site 6 before the hecklers. To me, the hecklers give the city a bad name. Everyone on here wants to ban together when big brother tries to impose more laws and regulations on the boating community, but then goes to site 6 to laugh at other people misfortune.
With that said, the drunks do get what they deserve, but the people that go down with them, be it in the water or not, do not deserve what they get.
Site 6 today reminds me of the cool kids in high school making fun of the not so cool kids. Someday, heaven forbid, someone will really get hurt out there. I really hope it doesn't happen, but from the looks of it, it is only a matter of time.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2007, 05:45 AM
We always help people on the ramp.
Especially when we get done & secured and a storm is in route, I head back.
From asking PWC rental guys to stop chatting on the ramp and move outta everyones way (even calling their boss), to helping the mom back the trailer down, to a tow strap/truck and helping a slippery situation, to loaning our truck to people with MoHo's.
Never understood the hecklers, but have seen a few get their lights punched out back in our Campbell days.
The launchramp is a pretty flamable situation to start fuxing with strangers..

THOR
08-30-2007, 06:27 AM
BR,
I have been warning the hecklers for some time now that there will be a very angry person being heckled that will open up a can on some poor HB heckler. Mark my words.

XTRM22
08-30-2007, 07:03 AM
I don't use site six, but do spend the occasional Sat. evening there. I remember when the crowd really were Hecklers like 10 years ago with signs and rude comments. I can never tell when Phebus is being serious of fascious where Site six is concerned, but I guarantee you that the Majority of the crowd there now (folks like Big Doug, the GHT's Todd&Dana,and myself always jump in and help before things get out of hand and point out to people when they're doing dangerous things. It's entertaining and you get to see darwinism at it's finest but the crowd there now observes and occasionally gets enteretained but also helps out anyone who either asks or obviosly needs help. The only people I've seen actually heckled are the drunks laying passed out in the back of some of the boats coming in, and they deserve it. Now Phebus you know I love ya like a mentally difficent older step brother, but if you disagree you can kiss my @$$!:D
Chuck

BigDoug
08-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Well said Chuck !!.........sometimes i don't know if Rick is serious either but i still like him for some reason or another............hehe :D

Froggystyle
08-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Does anyone have "City Guy's" contact information? I have an idea...

mrs.rvrluvr
08-30-2007, 09:44 AM
I don't really get the whole site 6 thing either. I'd rather be hanging out elsewhere with my river crew enjoying a few cocktails. Hubby usually drags me there because he likes watching all the idiots. We will help and have helped out a lot.

Racey
08-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't heckle people, i might laugh to myself, but if you arent qualified enough to launch and retrieve your boat you shouldn't be out on the lake, these are the idiots that we all see out there cutting people off, pulling tubers in front of other boats, never looking over there shoulder, being dangers to the rest of us.
I will help a wife/gf back a trailer down if she is having trouble, have done this a couple times, just because i know how stressful and difficult it can be for them, and their significant other. But other than that figure it out on your own, it aint rocket science. Call me a dick maybe, it's alot different up here at mead compared to havasu though.

In2Deep
08-30-2007, 10:04 AM
The way I see it, helping someone who obviously needs it helps build a sense of "community" around this boating lifestyle we all enjoy -- and among those of us who care about that sort of thing and were attracted to this habit to for that reason to begin with.
For someone brand new to the lifestyle -- and just getting familiar with the logistics/skill requirements that come with it (which is usually pretty obvious on the ramp) -- getting help from someone helps "pay it forward" to others.
We all know how this works: it might be that person you help, or someone they've helped themselves, who will be the first one to offer a tow back to the ramp....the next time (not if..but when) you blow a drive or for some other reason are left dead in the water....5 miles from the ramp at sundown.
Been there.
I2D

uLtRADeNniS
08-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Mike
Agreed... You still going up? I should be in Moabi tomorrow and Monday

Sleek-Jet
08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
The guy with a nice party on his bitchin boat, organized and competent at the ramp, hot chicks etc... We are their role models.
I never asked to be anyone's role model... :D

Magic34
08-30-2007, 10:15 AM
You all want to hear my stories ?................................Im a frequent site 6 visitor, via lawn chair and by boat, iv'e been on both sides of the fence.
Iv'e been verbally assaulted by men and women when they needed help backing down, they think they have it under control............NOPE !!
The most famous and often used line is "not bad for having 10 beers....or.....how's that for being drunk"......................this pisses me off the most !! cause one day it will be an accident on the water and you can mark my words on that.
My wife and i enjoy the shade and the people down there, young and old are hanging out with a box of chicken or even having pizza delivered right down to the ramp..................iv'e helped our very own down there too (h/b peeps) and anyone else who asks !! :)
Many drunks rolling in and think they know what the hell they're doing, falling out of the boat before it gets to the trailer and they go under (stupid) 8 guys in the boat and nobody helps out, the driver of the truck is 2 sheets to the wind, either sits in the truck with his loud music, then gets out to help and leaves the door open for the trailer backing down to hit it and close it for him :D he then gets in the water to help and slips on his ass (he's cool) he thinks he's winding the boat up with the winch but is actually letting the slack out, the boat driver yells "get on it" meanwhile they forget to raise the prop and even shut the motor down..........hell, they can't even get out of the water cause they forgot they have a 2 wheel drive truck (John Force burn out) and then proceed to ask for bodies to fill the bed of their truck up with weight, not thinking they have 8 guys with them "gee Wally what do we do now ?"
This is a typical weekend at site 6....................is it funny ?.....hell yes !!
is it sad ? hell yes !! many people don't use common sense or have the decentcy to ask for help, i'll always help when needed or asked !!
Our motto at site 6 is ...."we're here to help"....:D
I feel that you have a very accurate understanding and knowledge of the people at Site 6. With that being said, most of the people are drunk.
Where are the cops? If you and others know this to be true, where the heck are they at? They should stage an officer there and take 'em in!!!
For me: I'd be helping every person. They would think I worked there.

BigDoug
08-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Mike, we have called the police on suspecting drunks but the dispatch said they were all too busy to come down there and handle the situation, not enough cops for the weekend activities around here and i can understand that.
I just hope and pray these people don't kill anyone on the water or the road !!

Racer277
08-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Where are the cops? If you and others know this to be true, where the heck are they at? They should stage an officer there and take 'em in!!!
For me: I'd be helping every person. They would think I worked there.
The cops are right down the street in the channel, checking for dancing and pasties...
It's a little to much to ask them to recognize that drunk people might be pulling out of Site 6 every weekend.
So, when you help out every person, are you going to fight them so that they let you help? And are you taking on the responsibility of putting their drunk asses on the road?

Magic34
08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
So, when you help out every person, are you going to fight them so that they let you help? And are you taking on the responsibility of putting their drunk asses on the road?
That was not meant to be taken literally as EVERY person. Basically, the people who need it and welcome it, I would help. If they were drunk, I would even go as far as trying to tell them to leave the boat in the parking lot for a few hours and pick it up once they were not sober.
A checkpoint at the bridge on land sounds like a great idea.

2Driver
08-30-2007, 12:03 PM
It's in my nature to help as I did when I hot-wired a moored boat at Windsor beach to save the life of a drowning jet skier mid-lake on cold windy morning in November. I was responsible for the boat cover and dinged prop but also in saving a life.
I always offer help if the person seems like they really needed an extra hand or are inexperienced. Would I get in the middle of something unsafe like a bunch of idiot drunks, irrational driver or mechanical nightmare - sorry no.
Not sure watching site 6 antics is any different than watching some of the shows on TV like, Real TV, Maximum Exposure or Worlds Funniest Home Video. Same shit different wrapper.
I guess it's all about your approch to it.

Froggystyle
08-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Not sure watching site 6 antics is any different than watching some of the shows on TV like, Real TV, Maximum Exposure or Worlds Funniest Home Video. Same shit different wrapper.
I guess it's all about your approch to it.
Right... don't watch those either.
Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy" yet?
We aren't as far away from that as we might like to believe.

2Driver
08-30-2007, 01:00 PM
I'll put it on the to do list to watch. Wifey coming home Friday from 2 weeks in Asia so it's gonna have to wait a few nights ;) :D

ChumpChange
08-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Does anyone have "City Guy's" contact information? I have an idea...
He is selling his rail in the SPAM section. You can find it there.

shippingguy
08-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Agreed... You still going up? I should be in Moabi tomorrow and Monday
We will be at moabi on Sat and Sun we are heading home on Monday to BBQ.

Sleek-Jet
08-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Fag... I was all like **** you for talking to me about this shit and he was all we aren't as far away from this wa wa wa.... I say find him ****ing guilty...

Kyote
08-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Don't go to Site Six anymore. Always helped when I was there.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38230&stc=1&d=1188510207
Photo taken in 1955.

asch
08-30-2007, 02:01 PM
But everytime I've been at a launch ramp that somebody needed help, the thought of heckling, or taking a picture never crosses my mind. I just go help the guy/girl etc..
Same here that is....till I found ***boat. Plenty of azzholes to go around here.

MR.rvrluvr
08-30-2007, 03:28 PM
seems to me the perfect place for a dui checkpoint is on the road back to town....you could set up two of them....outside site 6 and outside crazyhorse.....probablry have a full jail house by the end of ;the night...

Froggystyle
08-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Fag... I was all like **** you for talking to me about this shit and he was all we aren't as far away from this wa wa wa.... I say find him ****ing guilty...
Plus, he talks like a faggot, and he interrupted me while I was watching "Ow My Balls" which isn't cool...

2Driver
08-30-2007, 06:50 PM
What?

Sleek-Jet
08-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Plus, he talks like a faggot, and he interrupted me while I was watching "Ow My Balls" which isn't cool...
I like money...