PDA

View Full Version : Chili's!!!

Big Warlock
08-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Just went and had lunch at Chili's with some of the office staff. The waitress walks up to our table after our order to try and sell us on donations for a new wing at St. Jude's that Chili's is building (why ask for donations when it should come out of profits right?) Anyways, I ask her if she rode her bike to work, she looked puzzled and said "no." I then told her that that was ok because we sell carbon credits at our business and we really think she should buy carbon credits and what kind of car she drove. Then one of my guys pulls out a pen and paper and starts asking her about how many square feet her place of living was, car usage, kids, etc. etc. Frustrated, she left.
I guess you had to be there, but it was pretty funny. I hate to solicited in the friggin restraunt while eating lunch!!! Especially by the staff!!! Mucho like Mexico!!! :eek:

beaverretriever
08-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Just went and had lunch at Chili's with some of the office staff. The waitress walks up to our table after our order to try and sell us on donations for a new wing at St. Jude's that Chili's is building (why ask for donations when it should come out of profits right?) Anyways, I ask her if she rode her bike to work, she looked puzzled and said "no." I then told her that that was ok because we sell carbon credits at our business and we really think she should buy carbon credits and what kind of car she drove. Then one of my guys pulls out a pen and paper and starts asking her about how many square feet her place of living was, car usage, kids, etc. etc. Frustrated, she left.
I guess you had to be there, but it was pretty funny. I hate to solicited in the friggin restraunt while eating lunch!!! Especially by the staff!!! Mucho like Mexico!!! :eek:
Hey, now that lunch is over... when are you donating to our Alzheimers walk?:D :confused:

USCFAN
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Damn, you talk about tought crowd. She was probably just doing what was mandated by her boss.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
She prolly spit in your food too! :D

beaverretriever
08-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Damn, you talk about tought crowd. She was probably just doing what was mandated by her boss.
Oh, I am sure she left a little suprise in their food. Ever see the movie "Waiting"? :D :D :D

AZJD
08-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Half the thread starters on here should be rquired to buy a few carbon credits, with all the shit they spew!:D :D :D

riverbound
08-29-2007, 12:08 PM
She prolly spit in your food too! :D
Have you seen the movie "waiting" they do MUCH worse!!!;)

beaverretriever
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM
My question is how many trees do you plant for every carbon credit you sell.:D :D :D

ChumpChange
08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Carbon Credits....that's funny.

Big Warlock
08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
My question is how many trees do you plant for every carbon credit you sell.:D :D :D
uuuhhhhhhh.....we have a lab in the back working on cold nuclear fusion........yea, that's it......:D

Big Warlock
08-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Carbon Credits....that's funny.
Hey!!! Al Gore buys them so he can fly his G-V around!!!! True story!!!

Big Warlock
08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Carbon Credit — The Latest Greenie Trend
E. Ralph Hostetter
Thursday, March 1, 2007
"Carbon credits" are latest trend being pushed by global warming bullies, but what are they really, and how are they supposed to help the environment?
A carbon credit market has been established by Greenshift Corp. Greenshift markets its carbon credits through one of its portfolio companies, TerraPass Inc.
TerraPass, in turn, sells its carbon credits through a "Road TerraPass" which comes in "one of four flavors: Around Towner, Cross Towner, Out of Towner or Road Tripper. Each type is "guaranteed to reduce a specific amount of carbon dioxide emissions." (Emphasis added.)
In their words, "your purchase of . . . TerraPass results in reductions of carbon dioxide emissions elsewhere, by funding industrial efficiency and renewable energy projects such as windmill farms."
In other words, buy us a business.
Now that the goal of carbon credits is apparent, who buys into this baloney?
Al Gore buys carbon credits every time he flies. No doubt he buys carbon credits for his SUVs as well.
You, too, can buy carbon credits on the Internet. Some say it could relieve the anxiety you suffer from reading or listening to the global warming hype of the dominant media, charging you with destruction of the planet through your use of fossil fuels, from electricity to your car and other methods of transportation.
It follows, if you can relieve your own discomfort, everyone else can suffer his own pain.
Academy Award winner Al Gore is setting the example. And not surprisingly, the "Greens" are here to help.
Now that the usual customer has been identified, what do you get for your purchase?
The Out of Towner TerraPass which offsets 12,000 pounds of CO2, is recommended for cars getting 19 to 28 mpg; it is enough to balance one year of your driving.
The Out of Towner costs a mere $49.95 for one year. Here's what you get for your nearly $50: a TerraPass decal that shows how much CO2 emissions you have reduced, a TerraPass bumper sticker, and a TerraPass logo decal.
TerraPass also offers the TerraPass Frequent Flier option for air travelers. For only $64.95 you can purchase 9,412 pounds of CO2, enough to fly you 24,132 miles, or around the world. You also get a "free TerraPass baggage tag." And, "in this way, your Flight TerraPass results in a guaranteed reduction in carbon dioxide emissions balancing out the global warming impact of your flying."
Your TerraPass purchases amount to about $8.50 per ton of carbon. The TerraPass makes a fine gift. And it's the gift that keeps on giving. The presenters and performers at the Academy Awards ceremony this year were delighted when they opened their normally $7,000-value gift bag, to discover a certificate for 100,000 pounds of CO2 reductions courtesy of TerraPass.
If you want to own stock in Greenshift, it is traded on the over-the-counter bulletin board of NASD (NASDAQ) with symbol GSHF.
According to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing on November 27, 2006, Greenshift Corporation was approved to sell 12,000,000 shares of stock at $0.115 per share, at the closing price for the Common Stock on the OTC Bulletin Board as of Nov. 21, 2006, for a total of $1,380,000.
As of 2:11 p.m. on Feb. 26, 2007, the stock was selling for $0.0955 per share, up $0.0005 for the day. The 12 month high was $0.414 (41 cents) and the 12 month low was $0.0235 (two cents) a share.
Greenshift has apparently run into competition.
Carbonfund.org Foundation, a non-profit corporation located in Silver Spring, Md., is also found on the Internet. Carbonfund.org offers much more: a certificate, a window decal, bumper sticker and "Your Climate Minute" e-newsletter.
In addition, Carbonfund.org "empowers you to reduce your carbon footprint to zero." And furthermore, it sells carbon for only $5.50 per ton, a whopping reduction of $3 per ton or 35 percent less than does Greenshift — and it's tax deductible.
This column may be the first time some readers have gotten an insight into carbon credits. The subject will be increasingly publicized in the future and, frighteningly may become a subject for taxation in as much as the Kyoto Protocol is drifting into recognized failure.
The draconian penalties that would have been imposed on world capitalist industries by Kyoto, amounting to hundreds of billions of dollars over time, will be lost.
As the present global warming issue continues to be exposed, supporters of the cause will become more embittered and will seek ways to retaliate. This has already been demonstrate by their equating global warming denial with Holocaust denial and suggesting Nuremburg-type trials to prosecute those who disagree with them.
The manner in which carbon credits are presented today could lead to a form of taxation based on each person's individual carbon footprint.
A direct tax on the individual would prove impossible to enact.
However, the products represented in each individual's footprint, such as household electricity, household heating fuels, automobile fuel use and air travel, to name a few, could be taxed in the form of carbon credit taxes. Someone has to pay.
Such a tax would prove disastrous for the nation's economy.
E. Ralph Hostetter, a prominent businessman and agricultural publisher, also is a national and local award-winning columnist. He welcomes comments by e-mail sent to eralphhostetter@yahoo.com.

Liberator TJ1984
08-29-2007, 01:02 PM
was there just the other night having a cold one and the waitress did the same thing , and she mentioned Mgmt was pushing them for "extra" donations and did not like having to ask me. :rolleyes:
for $ 3 a beer I thought I was donating enough already !