PDA

View Full Version : Lexus question

Fire Angler
02-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Wifey has an 06 RX 330. I changed the oil last week, and today the maintenance required light came on. I talk to the dealer and they said it will come on every 5k miles and I have to bring it in to have the light reset.
Does anyone know how to reset the light?

OutCole'd
02-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Eight years ago I could have helped you out. I forgot everything I knew when I was a Lexus Tech.
It used to be a little tripmeter like button on the gauge panel you would push in and hold for 5 seconds with the key on.
Do a search for "Lexus Forums" on the web, there are a few good one and someone for sure should be able to help you out.
Good luck.

BOBALOO
02-23-2006, 03:46 PM
The Lexus dealer we use forgets to do the reset once in a while also. The procedure is in the manual to turn off the light. I dont remember what it is for ours but it is easy.

Cole Trickle
02-23-2006, 03:48 PM
I know how to reset it for the Chebys but not the Lexus....(turn key on and hit gas pedal 5 X)
Maybe good old internet search will pay off.

THATJEFFGUY
02-23-2006, 04:52 PM
It should be listed in the owner's manual. This works on my Lexus GS...
1. Turn ignition to ON position.
2. Toggle the trip/odometer display to display Odometer.
3. Turn ignition to OFF position.
4. WHILE holding the ODOMETER button down, TURN the ignition to the ON position. Keep holding the ODOMETER button down until you see the light stay on in 2 seconds and then flash and then OFF.
5. Turn ignition off and then back on to confirm that it's off.

Ziggy
02-23-2006, 04:56 PM
It should be listed in the owner's manual. This works on my Lexus GS...
1. Turn ignition to ON position.
2. Toggle the trip/odometer display to display Odometer.
3. Turn ignition to OFF position.
4. WHILE holding the ODOMETER button down, TURN the ignition to the ON position. Keep holding the ODOMETER button down until you see the light stay on in 2 seconds and then flash and then OFF.
5. Turn ignition off and then back on to confirm that it's off.
LOL--that sounds more like a dance you do at a wedding reception :p

JB in so cal
02-23-2006, 05:08 PM
LOL--that sounds more like a dance you do at a wedding reception :p
...do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around... :yuk: