PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go hhhmmm

Lavey29
08-29-2007, 02:23 PM
:idea: So I am up at Havasu with the wife and kid having a great time. Get off the water with no ramp frolics and head back to the house we rent by Windsor. The owner has his boat in the deep side of the garage and I want to back mine into the short side in the shade to wipe it down. I have my wife standing inside the garage helping me back in giving me verbal instructions (STOP: good idea or bad to have wife help with backing in to tight spot with boat? :idea: ). So, I am backing up slowly, I hear my wife yelling "more", and I continue to back up, she yells "more" and I keep going. Then, I hear a smashing sound and my wife screams. :jawdrop: Then, I scream in my truck because I realize my baby is hurt. (My boat, not my wife). I get out to check the damage and find out she backed me into the plastic sink in the garage which my lab 5 blade destroyed. :mad: WTF...How can this happen when she is standing in the back giving directions? :idea: and then I get yelled at like its my fault. :idea: I need another drink....

Garrddogg
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah but remember you still ARE AT THE RIVER!:D
Have a drink and enjoy the river..:D

Rexone
08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Look at the bright side. The sink was plastic. :)

HDF WATERDOG
08-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Really bad idea. My wife loves to help. She keeps screaming stop whenever I get within 10 feet of anything. Now days I just leave it in the drive and tell her I'll do it later. (when she's gone).

marty722
08-29-2007, 02:40 PM
My wife does the same thing. She never yells at me to stop until after the fact that its already to late. So what good is she??? :D :D :idea: :idea:

Jbb
08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Stupid sink jumped in front of the prop...:mad:

Lavey29
08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah but remember you still ARE AT THE RIVER!:D
Have a drink and enjoy the river..:D
True, needed a few after this comedy night...Got to go out and find a sink now...

Lavey29
08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Look at the bright side. The sink was plastic. :)
yeah, I am happy about that, sort of, I guess...why does this crap always happen to me?

andy01
08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Been down that road before.:eek:

blender over
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Really bad idea. My wife loves to help. She keeps screaming stop whenever I get within 10 feet of anything. Now days I just leave it in the drive and tell her I'll do it later. (when she's gone).
LOL mine does the same thing:D

Lavey29
08-29-2007, 03:09 PM
They are only half of the population but they own 100% of the "P" so I guess we are stuck with them,,good or bad...

Lavey29
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Stupid sink jumped in front of the prop...:mad:
The sink lost big time...

Jyruiz
08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Sucks to her, but glad everybody is alright. I have to caddy corner my boat in the garage, so who ever helps me, I always tell them that it will take me 3 seconds to stop so they should give themselfs some time when I am backing up the boat.

hkunz
08-29-2007, 03:18 PM
We ran the prop right through the wall of the garage in our brand new Havasu house on the very first night in it (we put the boat in the garage first, gotta get the priorities right).
It gets better with practice. It will always be your fault. That said, she got applause at Pismo when she helped me back our Jeep trailer into a tight spot with our 38' motorhome. 65' of RV and trailer, and went right in the first time. Practice practice practice.

Kyote
08-29-2007, 03:45 PM
First time my wife helped on the ramp. I backed in and had the boat on the trailer. I asked her to get in the truck and I would tell her what to do. I was checking to see that the boat was centered and said to her " OK slow" All of a sudded the tires spin and the whole rig shoots about 30 feet up the ramp. I run up and say "I told you slow" she says "Oh I thought you said go"! That was 40 years ago and we still have fun everyday.
BTW It was not Site Six.

HavaSkank
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
You guys need to quit marrying retarded women

Racey
08-29-2007, 04:55 PM
There is just something about mixing women (95% of em) and trailers that causes a major rift in the universe.
I've watched a chick up here at mead jump out of the truck on the ramp, in reverse and let the whole rig back all the way into the water cause she got so upset at her husband for yelling directions to her. :eek:

EAZYKILLER2006
08-29-2007, 04:57 PM
darn sorry that happened
same thing happened to us
hubby was backing up the boat, but the prop was up
So the prop sliced the garage back door
I guess should of looked better...
but dang the prop is never up
hubby lowers it to drain the water out
AND I can't even reach that high to lower the DARN thing

beaverretriever
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I get a BJ while I am backing up the trailer so if I hit anything I don't give a shit... well at least till the BJ is finished.

EAZYKILLER2006
08-29-2007, 05:20 PM
that's to funny
cuz I do it all
back the boats in the water
park the trailer
pick up the boat
Shait hubby had the stereo swapped out at car toys
he went in to pay
and I backed up the TRUCK hitch to the trailer
hooked it all up before he was back...
and its a 4x4
heck!

RiverToysJas
08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
OUCH! :eek:
RTJas :idea:

Mrs.Racer277
08-29-2007, 05:28 PM
:idea: So I am up at Havasu with the wife and kid having a great time. Get off the water with no ramp frolics and head back to the house we rent by Windsor. The owner has his boat in the deep side of the garage and I want to back mine into the short side in the shade to wipe it down. I have my wife standing inside the garage helping me back in giving me verbal instructions (STOP: good idea or bad to have wife help with backing in to tight spot with boat? : ). So, I am backing up slowly, I hear my wife yelling "more", and I continue to back up, she yells "more" and I keep going. Then, I hear a smashing sound and my wife screams. :jawdrop: Then, I scream in my truck because I realize my baby is hurt. (My boat, not my wife). I get out to check the damage and find out she backed me into the plastic sink in the garage which my lab 5 blade destroyed. :mad: WTF...How can this happen when she is standing in the back giving directions? :idea: and then I get yelled at like its my fault. I need another drink....
Why is it always our fault??? :rolleyes: ;) :)
Some wives CAN actually drive the truck and the boat.:eek: :)

EAZYKILLER2006
08-29-2007, 05:29 PM
hey by the way Kim who's side are you on?
LOL

phebus
08-29-2007, 05:31 PM
So, let me guess, you smacked the sink with the boat, snapped at the wife, and now your in the doghouse? I feel your pain. :D

HavaSkank
08-29-2007, 05:34 PM
hey by the way Kim who's side are you on?
LOL
Im like a hermaphrodite on this issue

EAZYKILLER2006
08-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Im like a hermaphrodite on this issue
Lol
yippie!!!
we are here
Exit9
LOL you know what that means
LOL
no service till carls jr

Lavey29
08-29-2007, 06:03 PM
So, let me guess, you smacked the sink with the boat, snapped at the wife, and now your in the doghouse? I feel your pain. :D
That about sums up my day perfectly...

uvindex
08-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Then, I hear a smashing sound and my wife screams. :jawdrop:Did you specifically tell her to scream BEFORE you smashed into something? If not -- hubby's fault!
Just kidding. Sorry about the crash. :)

ratso
08-29-2007, 06:40 PM
The only solution I see to your problem is Divorce...:D

River Runin
08-29-2007, 06:43 PM
:idea: So I am up at Havasu with the wife and kid having a great time. Get off the water with no ramp frolics and head back to the house we rent by Windsor. The owner has his boat in the deep side of the garage and I want to back mine into the short side in the shade to wipe it down. I have my wife standing inside the garage helping me back in giving me verbal instructions (STOP: good idea or bad to have wife help with backing in to tight spot with boat? :idea: ). So, I am backing up slowly, I hear my wife yelling "more", and I continue to back up, she yells "more" and I keep going. Then, I hear a smashing sound and my wife screams. :jawdrop: Then, I scream in my truck because I realize my baby is hurt. (My boat, not my wife). I get out to check the damage and find out she backed me into the plastic sink in the garage which my lab 5 blade destroyed. :mad: WTF...How can this happen when she is standing in the back giving directions? :idea: and then I get yelled at like its my fault. :idea: I need another drink....
Genetics!! lol :)

Lavey29
08-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Did you specifically tell her to scream BEFORE you smashed into something? If not -- hubby's fault!
Just kidding. Sorry about the crash. :)
It's always the guys fault, that's a given...I just remember those two simple words that make life roll smooth around my house "yes dear"....

Mrs.Racer277
08-29-2007, 07:08 PM
It's always the guys fault, that's a given...I just remember those two simple words that make life roll smooth around my house "yes dear"....
Atleast you are IN Havi :D :D

YODA
08-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Ok guys, theres a way out of this one. I had the same shit from my wife backing the boat in with the rv. The solution is a wireless backup camera. Costco has them for $80. I put one in the rv and now I have one in the truck. Saves the marriage.

Kilrtoy
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
She is a WOMAN, would you expect anything less

Ziggy
08-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Sounds like some of you guys need backing into the garage lessons :D :D

Wizard29
08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Opposite situation than most of you.
My wife backs the boat down the ramp with me in it when it's time to launch and then backs the trailer down the ramp for me to drive the boat on when it's time to retrieve. No easy task with a 35' trailer and a crew cab long bed truck. We spend a total of 2-3 minutes on the ramp. If you frequent Cottonwood Cove, you've probably seen us.
When we are back at the house, she backs the boat under the patio where we keep it since she's already driving. With the boat parked, there's about two feet of clearance on both sides. She hasn't hit anything yet.
Guess I'm lucky...

Unforgiven
08-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Why is it always our fault??? :rolleyes: ;) :)
Some wives CAN actually drive the truck and the boat.:eek: :)
too bad your not one of them...your too busy shopping!