PDA

View Full Version : GoDaddy.com or other web hosting?

91nordic29
08-30-2007, 04:53 AM
I want to get a website/domain name so that I can sell my product. I was reading about GoDaddy and it sounds like they would be a good place for a beginner. Any input will be greatly appreciated...:)

Boatcop
08-30-2007, 05:25 AM
I use Go-Daddy for 2 different sites. Cheapest I've found for domain registration and hosting.
It's a one-stop site for everything. They even have a "web-site tonight" deal where they help you get the site up and running in a flash.
The have a ton of add-ons, especially for commercial sites. Things you'll need like shopping carts, credit card processing, etc.

91nordic29
08-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Thanks, Alan. You are always ready to help!:)

diesel
08-30-2007, 05:36 AM
I used them to register the domain, but I dont like thier hosting services, and the way its layed out.
I use hostpc, its really easy for first time users, and their plans are cheaper per month.
I signed up years ago, so they keep my price the same until I cancel, & haven't had any problems with them either.

lalhc
08-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Our company uses GoDaddy all the time to purchase domain names. I just bought another one yesterday.

Dan Lorenze
08-30-2007, 06:26 AM
www.globat.com

C-2
08-30-2007, 07:08 AM
I use godaddy dor a couple of sites and over the past 5 years, have never seen their service interrupted or down. I also like the fact if I wanna call them at 1:00 a.m. - I get a live person, not a message to call back during regular business hours.

OutCole'd
08-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Godaddy here also, no problems at all!

91nordic29
08-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks for all the input. Sounds like GoDaddy might be the one for me (I did look at the others that were mentioned also, thanks:) )

91nordic29
08-30-2007, 07:38 AM
It looks like most of us use godaddy for registering our domain names.
If you are having a site built you should know what will be use for programming. For example, I use PHP for e-mailing from a page and ASP for all my other pages. Pretty straight forward. A friend had a site built that used cold fusion. That wont work with some providers and the guy who built it isn't going to host it anymore so he is searching for a new hosting service.
Just something to think about.
Now you are talking over my head, lol. I am hoping that GoDaddy has some sort of set up wizard to help me.:confused:

dmontzsta
08-30-2007, 07:56 AM
GoDaddy to lock up the name only.

cave
08-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Go Daddy. Why because the super bowl commercials:D
Also the customer service. Have you thought about eBay? You can get a store front for about the same price. Pay-pal and all other CC. I like this rout for the small stuff. You also could use a web site to direct traffic to the ebay store.

91nordic29
08-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Go Daddy. Why because the super bowl commercials:D
Also the customer service. Have you thought about eBay? You can get a store front for about the same price. Pay-pal and all other CC. I like this rout for the small stuff. You also could use a web site to direct traffic to the ebay store.
I have an ebay store (see sig line) but I want to take it to the next level. I am in between "day jobs" and want to see if I can earn this way in lieu of working for someone else. Have had some crappy luck with employers lately and am looking at other options:)

91nordic29
08-30-2007, 08:03 AM
You'll be fine. They have a good setup for helping first timers. I thought you might be having one built by someone else like a friend or company and then wanted to host it on godaddy. Just forget I said anything and go for it. :D
teeeheeeheee:)

KLEPTOW
08-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Go to the Source www.Register.com

socalmoney
08-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Cool site for finding domain names.
http://instantdomainsearch.com/

prkr247
08-30-2007, 10:04 AM
I understand that godaddy is fairly easy to use, like you mentioned. May not be the cheapest, but it will get you up an running.

Pheelin Phroggy
08-30-2007, 11:15 AM
we used to use godaddy... switched to 1and1.com for our new company website... less expensive and built the site ourselves using their website builder tools. As a website building semi-idiot (you know us Randy's) .. we found their website builder to be very user friendly at a lower cost.

91nordic29
08-30-2007, 11:58 AM
we used to use godaddy... switched to 1and1.com for our new company website... less expensive and built the site ourselves using their website builder tools. As a website building semi-idiot (you know us Randy's) .. we found their website builder to be very user friendly at a lower cost.
Thanks, Randy and you are no idiot!
We sure missed you all at Powellfest.:)

Pheelin Phroggy
08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks, Randy and you are no idiot!
We sure missed you all at Powellfest.:)
We DEFINATELY missed being there, and seeing everyone again! We will be there next year, and good luck with the website.....