PDA

View Full Version : Dual engines - how close - please help!

Toffen
10-30-2001, 11:52 AM
Hi!
I consider to add another Promax 300 on my Phantom 25. The width of the transomedge is 33 inches in total. The boat width is 5,5 feet.
How close can I mount the two engines - measured centerline to centerline - without causing problems.
Mercury reccommend a minimum of 26 inches centerline to centerline. This is required to eliminate cowling interference during lock to lock turns if one of the outboard would be in full tilt position, while the other outboard are in vertical running position.
However, I will run with both in vertical running position, and tilt them simultanously.
Please help!
Cheers, Toffen G - Norway

HavasuBarney
11-03-2001, 01:06 AM
On your deep V, your gonna want them as close as possible, without interferring with each other.
Your steering set-up will dictate some stuff too.

Toffen
11-04-2001, 01:14 PM
Hi!
I have measured, and the engines will be 20 inches centerline to centerline. What are the advantages of mounting the engines as close as possible (I have seen it at race offshore V hulls as well)?
Cheers, Toffen

snappertapper
12-12-2001, 12:40 PM
i would put the motors as close as possible without calan interference this will eliminat most problems any more uestion please email me at bigfish1229@aol.com