PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Phat Matt
08-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Anyone got one? Jen picked one up tonight and I just kicked her ass in bowling. :D
I wonder if I can play Galaga on this? :D

Jbb
08-30-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38255&stc=1&d=1188524230

beaverretriever
08-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Do you have a fighting game on that dem, dar WEEE? :)

Phat Matt
08-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Do you have a fighting game on that dem, dar WEEE? :)
We have boxing but need to pick up another controller. I'll kick her ass at that too. :boxingguy:

HavasuSelect
08-30-2007, 07:03 PM
The Wii is awesome! Especially when you get a good group of drunken friends. The bowling is the best. The boxing is a freaking workout.

Phat Matt
08-30-2007, 07:05 PM
The Wii is awesome! Especially when you get a good group of drunken friends. The bowling is the best. The boxing is a freaking workout.
I am sure it will be making a trip to Havi for some late night games.

Goldilocks
08-30-2007, 07:06 PM
This thing is so friggen awesome!! I suck at bowling though :)

lalhc
08-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Wii is awesome. My little one kicks everyone's arse in bowling & baseball.

hoolign
08-30-2007, 07:42 PM
makes for some great fun when you run it through a projection unit and play golf on a 200" x 300" screen... well technically the screen is the side of my barn :D

Screemy1
08-30-2007, 07:45 PM
the baseball is fun, all you need is a flick of the wrist to pitch.... makes it harder for the batter to know what kind of pitch is comeing..... fun stuff!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2007, 07:47 PM
DAMN! Everyone I know that has tried to locate one can't seem to find one...How hard can the bowling be? My damn-near blind Aunt won the Wii bowling tournament on a cruise that she went on earlier this year...:eek: :)

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Ya bought the right player with the Wii.
Our kids have Wii at the ex's,, much more popular than our mis-firing, clunky, expensive, abandon PS3.

Goldilocks
08-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I wonder if I can play Galaga on this? :D
Funny, you can, I just have to download it. :D

Goldilocks
08-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Ya bought the right player with the Wii.
Our kids have Wii at the ex's,, much more popular than our mis-firing, clunky, expensive, abandon PS3.
It's so much cheaper than the other game consoles. I love it already. I am stoked that I can download some old school Nintendo games. :D
I should practice the boxing tonight so I can kick Phat Matt's ass!!

Goldilocks
08-30-2007, 08:16 PM
DAMN! Everyone I know that has tried to locate one can't seem to find one...How hard can the bowling be? My damn-near blind Aunt won the Wii bowling tournament on a cruise that she went on earlier this year...:eek: :)
Everytime I went to Target, I looked to see if they had one. They never did.....until today :)

Tom Brown
08-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Wii just passed Xbox 360 on console popularity. The PS3 is slipping further and further.
http://vgchartz.com/
I didn't think it was possible to capture a market with creativity and engineering these days. I thought all marketing has turned into a specification race where people cite pixels, mflops, and the number of polygons per second rendered.
It's refreshing as hell to see someone come along, rethink the whole deal, and create a wonderful, playable console with a brilliant new angle that is affordable.
There is a company that has created a copy-cat Wii style controller for the PC. I wonder how they will do.

hoolign
08-30-2007, 08:17 PM
It's so much cheaper than the other game consoles. I love it already. I am stoked that I can download some old school Nintendo games. :D
I should practice the boxing tonight so I can kick Phat Matt's ass!!
If you kick his ass wouldn't he be known as PhLat Matt?? :D

Goldilocks
08-30-2007, 08:20 PM
If you kick his ass wouldn't he be known as PhLat Matt?? :D
LOL
That's the goal :D

Goldilocks
08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Wii just passed Xbox 360 on console popularity. The PS3 is slipping further and further.
http://vgchartz.com/
I didn't think it was possible to capture a market with creativity and engineering these days. I thought all marketing has turned into a specification race where people cite pixels, mflops, and the number of polygons per second rendered.
It's refreshing as hell to see someone come along, rethink the whole deal, and create a wonderful, playable console with a brilliant new angle that is affordable.
There is a company that has created a copy-cat Wii style controller for the PC. I wonder how they will do.
I totally agree. This is the first console I have wanted since I had the original NES many many years ago :)

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Everytime I went to Target, I looked to see if they had one. They never did.....until today :)
Cool deal...

bchbum
08-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Santa will be bringing one to our house later this year. I'm looking forward to it .

572Daytona
08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
We have all of the last gen consoles (game cube/ps2/xbox), most of them purchase late in their life cycles when they were close to $100 and Nintendo DS's and a PSP but haven't taken the plunge on any of the next gen consoles yet. All are still a bit too pricey for me I'm waiting for sub $200's. My teenage daughters are also torn between wanting the 360 and will definitely want it once Halo 3 comes out or the WII which they've played at friends houses. They both have their own money now and I've told them I would split it where we each pitch in a third for whichever they want but so far they haven't wanted one bad enought to spend their own money on.
I'm sure we will eventually have both, I know I'll definitely want the WII when the new Fire Emblem comes out for it but the longer I wait the cheaper the consoles will be and in the case of the 360 hopefully the overheating problem sovled as well. The PS3 doesn't interest me at all right now, expecially at the price point it's at. I'm not sure it will ever get in the realm of affordibility for me.

Newcastle
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Okay, so the wife and I have been looking for a Wii for the past 2 weeks. They're hard to find, at least out in Corona. The Best Buy off Limonite and the 15 just had a shipment of 12...gone in a matter of hours. If anybody knows a store that has some avail let a brotha know!
Can't wait to get my drunk bowling on...

INSman
08-31-2007, 05:14 AM
Great game, just not quite the graphics level of say a PS3. The Tiger Woods golf is cool and they are starting to release a ton of new games and the old mario catalog.

Stoneman
08-31-2007, 06:01 AM
Great product, I own the stock!!! Symbol NTDOY:) :) :)