PDA

View Full Version : What will 10K buy in the form of a jet boat?

YOUNG
08-30-2007, 07:30 PM
I am getting ready to sell my Corvette and will be in the market for a jet boat. I have owned a stern drive boat before with a big block, but never a jet boat. I am looking to spend around $10,000 on a boat. The major requirement is that the boat must have a Chevy big block. What brand, hull, pump etc. should I look for. I have never even rode in a jet boat before, so I know nothing about them. Any help and advice would be very appreciated. Thanks

QuickJet
08-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I am possibly getting ready to sell my Corvette and will be in the market for a jet boat. I have owned a stern drive boat before with a big block, but never a jet boat. I am looking to spend around $10,000 on a boat. The major requirement is that the boat must have a Chevy big block. What brand, hull, pump etc. should I look for. I have never even rode in a jet boat before, so I know nothing about them. Any help and advice would be very appreciated. Thanks
Hit up Vdrivenman man on the boards. He's got a nice Youngblood Tx19 gullwing that hauls ass. Roller BBC etc. He's in Texas
Here is the link to Gary's ad:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162185

YOUNG
08-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Seems alittle steep on the price to me.

QuickJet
08-30-2007, 08:24 PM
How much would you expect to pay for a Gullwing Youngblood with a roller bbc ready to go?

ol guy
08-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Tell me more about the corvette, Jet boats are a learning deal. Been around jet boats since 1972. Lots of fun and i'f you know what your'e doing will go fast in a short distance.

Saab
08-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Thats a pretty hard deal to beat. There is a huge difference between a 4k boat and a 8k boat

BOOGEYMAN
08-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Thats a pretty hard deal to beat. There is a huge difference between a 4k boat and a 8k boat
x2!!
Young...you have a pm!
Travis

vdrivenman
08-31-2007, 03:03 AM
QJ thanks for the bump.
maybe he just don't want that much boat !!! but for an original yb gullwing capable of low 90's i think it is a fair price!
he himself stated he knew "nuthin" about them!

ck7684
08-31-2007, 04:21 AM
Depends on what you're looking for in a boat...I've got about 10K just into my engine alone, but thats way more than I paid for the whole boat when I originally bought it...
What are you intending to do with the boat? How fast do you want to go? Will you be hauling family/friends around? Towing skiers/tubers? Need more info...

PE826
08-31-2007, 04:28 AM
I have a Tx-18 tunnel hull that is in perfect condition for sale in the SPAM section, I could have it ready to run for around 10k.

Devilman
08-31-2007, 04:40 AM
LMAO :D

MADDOG355
08-31-2007, 05:22 AM
What part of TN are you in? What are you looking for in a boat? Centerhill Condor Still has his for sale I think.

jet guy
08-31-2007, 05:59 AM
The Youngblood is a bad a$$ that is the one I would buy. The tx 19 hull is a fast hull

biggraypig
08-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Depends on what you want it for. Lot of nice boats out there for $10,000.00.

gr16241
08-31-2007, 06:35 AM
Tell me more about the corvette, Jet boats are a learning deal. Been around jet boats since 1972. Lots of fun and i'f you know what your'e doing will go fast in a short distance.
Are you looking for a corvette? I have a '97 C5 coupe with 40k miles on it I am thinking of selling. Polished alloy wheels from a '02, white w/red interior. Beautiful car - looks and runs like new.

Jetaholic
08-31-2007, 06:47 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but Saab, was that pic in your signature taken standing on Vin-Dog's 19' Howard?

GM Killer
08-31-2007, 06:49 AM
For under $10K you can get this http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146119
Im willing to trade for the right trade. :D

455Rocket
08-31-2007, 07:08 AM
I am getting ready to sell my Corvette and will be in the market for a jet boat. I have owned a stern drive boat before with a big block, but never a jet boat. I am looking to spend around $10,000 on a boat. The major requirement is that the boat must have a Chevy big block. What brand, hull, pump etc. should I look for. I have never even rode in a jet boat before, so I know nothing about them. Any help and advice would be very appreciated. Thanks
figure out what you want to do and where you boat i.e. cruse and ski on a lake, go balls out on the river, lots of people, few people etc. etc...
Then start looking at what hull's right for you i.e. Crusier (bow-rider / closed bow), tunnel, semi-v etc. etc. A TX-18 is gonna suck if you have 10 friends who you want to go with you, and you only boat on a choppy lake.
After that get an idea of what people are asking, and look for deals! It took me over a year to find my first jet boat.

b's sanger
08-31-2007, 07:25 AM
Shop around for a hull design you like that will be functional for your needs. Be patient when shopping and if you want my advice, Go Old School!!!

tomply32
08-31-2007, 07:42 AM
i agree old school for sure.if you have never had a jet boat be careful of a lot of motor in a light hull it could be a killer if you dont know how to handle it .i would suggest an older boat with chevy power or ford such as a tahiti or nordic, sleekcraft
:idea:

Pops@Aggressor
08-31-2007, 08:13 AM
If you are a V Drive Man you must be tired also of the clanking of gears, lack of excelleration if not welcome to the fun boats -Min cost on maintenance and you go forward from there.

Pops@Aggressor
08-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Depends on what you want it for. Lot of nice boats out there for $10,000.00.
I LUV's that Photo of your boat. Clean

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Are you kidding me??? Thats a smoking price for an origional youngblood with a nice roller motor. Do you know the hp comparisons between a flat tappet motor and a roller motor??????:idea:

pattymelt18
08-31-2007, 08:51 AM
i have a tunnel bottom bahner, w. a bbc duel carbs berkley pump w. hyd place div. everything is tits.. its in spam under 1985 tunnel bottom. new seats, custom fitted, all new refreshed motor, competitive trailer w. new rims and tires.. take a look at it.. i need to sell asap asking 12,500 but lets make a deal!!

patridge188
08-31-2007, 08:53 AM
ahh haha i wrote you that from my cousins hb account.. but thats my boat.-mark

Saab
08-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Are you looking for a corvette? I have a '97 C5 coupe with 40k miles on it I am thinking of selling. Polished alloy wheels from a '02, white w/red interior. Beautiful car - looks and runs like new.
Nope that was taken in blythe, I was standing on the icechest in my boat. Its a 19' nordic tunnel

YOUNG
08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
1999 Corvette FRC(fixed roof coupe)
45k miles
6 speed
black with black leather
Z51 suspension
Bose sound system
3% tinted windows
Haltech Stinger
Ram Power GripHD clutch
Lingenfelter 300M output shaft
stainless steel headers
3" true duals with Dynomax Bullets and 4"stanless tips
Goodyear Eagle F1 tires
It's a sweet ride!

YOUNG
08-31-2007, 09:40 AM
What part of TN are you in? What are you looking for in a boat? Centerhill Condor Still has his for sale I think.
Clarksville,TN
I will mainly run the boat on the Barkley Lake in KY. Where we go is not to packed with people. The boat won't be caring more than 4 people at one time or doing ANY skiing/tubing. I am basically looking for a clean,reliable,big block Chevy boat with a trailer.
It sounds like I was in the wrong about the TX-19. It just seems to be that it is alittle steep for a boat considering it doesn't have a full interior. Maybe I'm wrong.

Youngblood
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM
1999 Corvette FRC(fixed roof coupe)
45k miles
6 speed
black with black leather
Z51 suspension
Bose sound system
3% tinted windows
Haltech Stinger
Ram Power GripHD clutch
Lingenfelter 300M output shaft
stainless steel headers
3" true duals with Dynomax Bullets and 4"stanless tips
Goodyear Eagle F1 tires
It's a sweet ride!
How much $$? Either post up some pics or e-mail me, jeff@tncperformance.com. Thanks.

biggraypig
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I LUV's that Photo of your boat. Clean
Thanks pops. I kinda like the boat myself.

IMPATIENT 1
08-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Hit up Vdrivenman man on the boards. He's got a nice Youngblood Tx19 gullwing that hauls ass. Roller BBC etc. He's in Texas
Here is the link to Gary's ad:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162185
anything gary has is worth what he's askin for it!;) his boat's are well taken care of and gary wouldn't sell a shit boat. 8500 is to cheap for that clean a gullwing in my opinion.

fleetimus
08-31-2007, 01:38 PM
That is a great price for Garys boat!!!! I wouldn't even consider selling my TX-19 for that price!!!!!!!

pw_Tony
08-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Wow, finally looked at that gullwing add, that is cheap!

MADDOG355
09-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Clarksville,TN
I will mainly run the boat on the Barkley Lake in KY. Where we go is not to packed with people. The boat won't be caring more than 4 people at one time or doing ANY skiing/tubing. I am basically looking for a clean,reliable,big block Chevy boat with a trailer.
It sounds like I was in the wrong about the TX-19. It just seems to be that it is alittle steep for a boat considering it doesn't have a full interior. Maybe I'm wrong.
You have a PM.
The lakes can get pretty rough, and he is wanting to carry people. I am thinking something more along the lines of a 19' bubbledeck or a daycruser.

vdrivenman
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
since all i've owned are vdrives flats & hydro's and now the TX i am unsure as to what is a full interior.
the tx does have a rear seat and could carry 3 adults if needed.

camoman
09-01-2007, 03:49 PM
That is a very clean TX for a good price;) Someday i will own one:D

TeamHawaiin
09-02-2007, 01:04 AM
This was a turn key EBAY deal. Full interior, Chevy motor, Picklefork, ready to go. It's exactly what I as looking for. The really tough part of this was driving from Galveston to California and back. I ran the numbers on the SBC and it came back as a ZZ4 crate motor. It runs decent but this boat was built for speed so I intend on putting a BBC in it. I'm still learning the handling before I get above 50 mph. It's a 17 foot boot so the back seat is crowded by facing passengers to each other. Back to the 50 mph......this motor might be set up for a car because I have heard ZZ4 motors have awesome power. This one runs strong out of the hole, but not enough top speed. The BBC should bolt in without too many extra pieces needed except for headers and another PTO coupler. If I would have seen that $8500 boat in Orange, Texas.....I would have jumped on that one.

MADDOG355
09-02-2007, 04:21 PM
YOUNG
I am shure someone will give me grief for this but I would recomend a Berkley pump, and If you can get one with the 2 piece bowl and place diverter you will be better off in the long run IMO.
If I can be any more help let me know, If you need to you can PM me for my #.

roscoe p coltraine
09-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Take the 10k and invest in anal lube cause that about the same equivilent of buying a jet boat.

TeamHawaiin
09-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Take the 10k and invest in anal lube cause that about the same equivilent of buying a jet boat.
I'll need a tube soon.....finding out the cost of building a BBC for my boat is making my ass hurt :mad: :mad:

YOUNG
09-03-2007, 04:48 AM
YOUNG
I am shure someone will give me grief for this but I would recomend a Berkley pump, and If you can get one with the 2 piece bowl and place diverter you will be better off in the long run IMO.
If I can be any more help let me know, If you need to you can PM me for my #.
Thanks for the advice about the pump.

YOUNG
09-03-2007, 04:49 AM
I think the anal lube comes standard with any high-end toy!