PDA

View Full Version : Street Legal CRF450X??

75 spectra V-drive
08-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Is it possible to reigster a 2006 CRF currently green stickered in CA to street legal in AZ with baja designs kit??

2Driver
08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Brake light, squeaky horn, light over lic. plate ( which can be the rear running lamp used for the brake light, Rear view mirror.
I am running a WR450 on the street. BTW: Don't take it to MVD instead use Sierra title service in PHX for $35. They will handle it all by mail.

TOBTEK
08-30-2007, 08:47 PM
I have done ALL the research on this one. you may get a plate from Ca...but it will get recalled! you can find some pre 2003 crf's and yzf's that are grandfatherd in and can retain the street plate. OR walk into your local KTM dealer and buy a 07 450 EXCG, street legal off the showroom floor.

riverracerx
08-30-2007, 08:51 PM
If you could CA plate them I would have a 250X in my garage tomorrow!

Baja Big Dog
08-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I now of a few plated (ca) 450's, no problems..no recalls....

75 spectra V-drive
08-30-2007, 10:05 PM
I only need the plates to ride in the mammoth lakes area, my plan is to get the plates in AZ then next year transfer to CA.will this work?

75 spectra V-drive
08-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I now of a few plated (ca) 450's, no problems..no recalls....
How did you do it?

Baja Big Dog
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
How did you do it?
Orange County Honda...

SummerBreeze
08-31-2007, 04:43 AM
I only need the plates to ride in the mammoth lakes area, my plan is to get the plates in AZ then next year transfer to CA.will this work?
FYI
Mammoth is just a few miles south of where I live
It's been raining for the past fews days on and off. Should make for some great riding

TOBTEK
08-31-2007, 06:16 AM
My dad has a 450X with Cali plates on it. He did exactly what you are asking about. He put the Baja Designs kit on it and registered it in AZ for a year then transfered it over to Cali plates with no problem.
Baja Designs is just down the street from my house, I have stopped in a few days recently about this EXACT set-up. Was going to buy a brandnew 450x and make it Ca streetable. You probably will get the street plate, BUT Baja said MANY people recently have had their plates revoked back. I wont take that risk...to much money for a bike I wouldnt want if it didnt have street plates. BUT go ahead if you dont believe the people that make the street kits, big risk in my book. Wish Honda or Yamaha would set up and make something like the KTM.

riverracerx
08-31-2007, 07:58 AM
Just stay off the freeway and you will be fine! ;)

stoker_sst
08-31-2007, 08:13 AM
I have a 250X Arizona plated. It was very easy. I didn't have a dual sport kit on it at the time it was plated. The Arizona DMV will have you sign a document that state that when you put it on the street you will have a head light, brake light, horn and I believe a mirror and proof of insurance. My bike was purchased in California, so I continued to pay the green sticker, so I could ride it without the dual sport kit legally in California. Mine is for sale if anyone is interested.

BALLSDEEP
08-31-2007, 08:15 AM
I was up there with friends for a week in July and we had a blast. I borrowed a plate for my bike. Not the smartest thing and obviously risky but it looked legit for the few times we were on the highway. There is a ton of riding up there really only needed the plate for June Lake (Tiger Bar) and Lee Veining area. It was REALLY dusty when we went but if it has rained like someone else mentioned the riding should be awesome.
I have a friend with a street legal X and we are all wondering how long he will get to keep the plate...
Seems like a pretty stupid law, the state of CA could gain lots of revenue by allowing these bike to be converted and registered as street legal but they want nothing to do with it. I am sure the hippy granola eaters don’t want anymore pollution or more dirt stirred up either.

Sportin' Wood
08-31-2007, 08:30 AM
June Lake (Tiger Bar)
Love that bar. The walk home from there is not very pleasent.:D

Lavey5150
08-31-2007, 08:52 AM
My XR 650 is plated in AZ, they dont care if you have D/S gear on it, they just check the VIN to make sure it's legit, as long as it is in a non emissions county- Phoenix/Havasu........You could probably transfer to Ca, but why risk it, just use an AZ address...........

75 spectra V-drive
08-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I was riding up in mammoth last weekend, It was bitchen. I think the best thing to do is register it for street in AZ and keep the CA green sticker, just put the AZ plate on when nessasary.

75 spectra V-drive
08-31-2007, 06:22 PM
P.S. tiger bar is awsome

Havasu Carrera
09-01-2007, 02:31 AM
450 sx six speed AZ lic 3 years NO hastles at all. Just don't be a idiot.