PDA

View Full Version : Olds to Chevy

apollo18
02-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Im looking to get a create motor and was wondering what its going to cost to mount a new motor. Can i use my aluminum mounting plates from a 455 to mount a ford or chevy? Getting new plates, new pipes and engine can add up fast! Has anyone done this before and what issues did you deal with?

Frosty_pop
02-23-2006, 07:28 PM
I have done that change over....... needed new everything..... the only part we used from the 455 was the air cleaner..... :cry:
Sorrry for the bad news

Oldsquirt
02-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Frosty Pop, you should have been able to use the alternator, too. :)

Frosty_pop
02-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Frosty Pop, you should have been able to use the alternator, too. :)
I would of, but it was a regular auto alt, and I wanted a marine one

sleekcrafter
02-23-2006, 07:36 PM
For the short list, pto adapter, exhaust, and mounts are different. as far as mounts go, don't mess around with used suff, it still pricey, and all boats are different, so the hardware is already cut up and taylored to what it was in prior. As far as mounts a four point is prefered, rail kits are easyest to accomadate different set-ups. some thing like this.
Sleek
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/BBC_Rail_Kit.jpg

DUECE'SDAD
02-23-2006, 09:12 PM
I am possible interested in the old mounts, water block offs, pto, and the such, shoot me a pm and let me know what you got and what you want/need. Not looking to resale and make a buck, trying to get a motorless/pumpless jet on the lake the year, cheap ! ! !