PDA

View Full Version : So lemmee get this straight

Blown 472
10-09-2003, 07:10 AM
All I have to do is get a hull and throw a wacka on the back to go fast?? any suggestions on mid 70's to early 80's hulls?? and what about diff motors, ie evenrudes or mariners or what ever??

jackpunx
10-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Yep,,, I guess its that easy.. then you can garage the BB and call it a day..lol

HavasuDreamin'
10-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Blown 472:
All I have to do is get a hull and throw a wacka on the back to go fast?? any suggestions on mid 70's to early 80's hulls?? and what about diff motors, ie evenrudes or mariners or what ever?? Pretty much! Things you need to keep in mind with a wacka.....weight, the heavier, the slower. Not a lot of torque in the wacka motors compared to a big block.
These boats also will drop in speed significantly if you throw 3 of your 250 lb. buddies in with your 150 lb. ice chest.
Bottom design.....tunnels are much faster than V's unless you get and Allison or HST type V.
Hook.........will still hurt you just like a jet or v-drive.
Set-up.....If you want to get into the 80's, you need the right prop, nose cone/low water pickup/jack plate, etc. (as well as the right motor).
If you were really lookin' to get a wacka....take a look at the scream and fly classifieds. You could get an 80 - 100 mph boat for probably about $10K-$12K. Maybe less.
Good boats in no particular order (I probably left some out as well)....
STV, Mirage pre '97,Eliminator, Stoker, Allison, HST, Rapid Craft, Liberator, Lavey, etc. There are many more.
I would go Merc 2.5 EFI only.

Roland the Fisherman
10-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Things you need to keep in mind with a wacka.....weight, the heavier, the slower. Not a lot of torque in the wacka motors compared to a big block.
*This is why God created Nos.
Good boats in no particular order (I probably left some out as well)....
Mirage pre '97,
*Is'nt that very sad? [
[ October 09, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Roland the Fisherman ]

Roland the Fisherman
10-09-2003, 05:10 PM
[ October 09, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Roland the Fisherman ]

Kim Hanson
10-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Wacker 472, sounds funny! I wish ya live closer, give you a ride in a HST with V8 power...it's amazing the speed you get......( . )( . )...... :D

Rocket2003
10-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Buy a Mercury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buy a Mod-V-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a link to a "Prop Calculator" enter what you know, Then bingo get the rest! (http://www.go-fast.com/Prop_Slip_Calculator.htm)
My two cents!