PDA

View Full Version : What was he thinking?

fat rat
09-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Sen. Larry Craig will leave the Senate before 2008 - what do you think?
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Sen. Larry Craig resigned Saturday over a men’s room sex sting, bowing to pressure from fellow Republicans worried about a scandal dimming their election prospects.
“I apologize for what I have caused. I am deeply sorry,” Craig said, his wife Suzanne at his side.
Craig’s resignation completed a stunning downfall that began Monday with the disclosure that he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge following his arrest during a sex sting in a Minneapolis airport men’s room.
Although leading members of his own party had called for him to step down, Craig steadfastly resisted resigning for days, contending he had done nothing wrong and that his only mistake was pleading guilty Aug. 1 to a misdemeanor charge.
President Bush called Craig from the White House after the senator’s announcement and told him he knew it was a difficult decision to make, said White House spokesman Scott Stanzel.
“Senator Craig made the right decision for himself, for his family, his constituents and the United States Senate,” Stanzel said.
Craig was arrested June 11 in a police undercover vice operation in a men’s room at the Minneapolis airport. The arresting officer, Sgt. Dave Karsnia, said in his report that the restroom is a known location for homosexual activity.
“I am not gay. I never have been gay,” Craig said defiantly after a news conference Tuesday. He said he had kept the incident from aides, friends and family and pleaded guilty “in hopes of making it go away.”

OCMerrill
09-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I will say this after listening to that taped confession I would have just shut my mouth and hired an attorney. I am sure he could have beat that deal.
What a cop that was. A job of trying to catch homo's in the bathroom. Successfully ruined a guy's life.

Jbb
09-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I will say this after listening to that taped confession I would have just shut my mouth and hired an attorney. I am sure he could have beat that deal.
What a cop that was. A job of trying to catch homo's in the bathroom. Successfully ruined a guy's life.
Kinda Ironic that the uptight Politician ...who writes legislation and represents "moral" America...winds up pleading to lookin for some action in a mens room at an airport...lol.....He ruined his own life...

OCMerrill
09-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Kinda Ironic that the uptight Politician ...who writes legislation and represents "moral" America...winds up pleading to lookin for some action in a mens room at an airport...lol.....He ruined his own life...
Cops badgered him pretty good in that tape. By pleading he did agree to complete the total career change but the cops told him this would all go away. Did he really believe that? Maybe he wanted a way to come out of the closet?
Either way cops have a job to do and that is get a confession. He needed to shut up but I don't think politicians can.
All I can say is put a hand under my stall and a nice size 13 meatal toe construction boot will break a few fingers. I don't even wear a flatbilled hat either.:mad:

HocusPocus
09-01-2007, 01:13 PM
What was Craig trying to hide?? he didn't tell his family, friends or even anyone in his party. he plead guilty... so in my book that makes him guilty. do i think he could have fought it in court.. yes and he would have probably ended up in a much better place. when he was busted he panicked and took the lessor charge. he was up to something in there and im sure he wasn't reaching for a piece of toilet paper off the floor in a busy public crapper.