PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a trailer...

speedymopars
09-01-2007, 01:05 PM
OK, I need to get a trailer for my recently wrecked ride, assuming I can get the tow company to repair my boat (see the just jets forum where I talked about my boat getting wrecked), where should I go and how do I spec out what I need? How much do they run for a basic 2 axle with brakes? I have a big block and a jet with a 21 foot length hull...

YeLLowBoaT
09-01-2007, 01:09 PM
if you search trailers you will find lots of places that are recomended. If this is going to be a INS deal, find one and have them build you one. If your paying for it out of pocket. I recomend searching for a used trailer( even with a POS boat on it) and then fix it up yourself or take it to a trailer shop and have them do it.

speedymopars
09-01-2007, 03:28 PM
No one specifiys prices on the net, which is really annoying. I don't think the wife is going to want me to get anotehr used trailer - that is how we got here in the first place!
I don't know if insurance is going to cover this, I didn't specifically get insurance for the boat, though I wasn't driving the boat so I'm not sure how that all will work. right now I'm assuming it is all out of pocket, and if it isn't, I'll be happy.
Any mfg that is good or reccomended?

Robert1050
09-02-2007, 02:29 AM
I just had one built by Baja Custom Trailers in Gardena for my 21' Tunnel Hull. I picked it up on Thursday and have run it to Havasu - haven't posted any pics yet 'cause I just got home (at 1:30AM Sunday). First class job, built just the way I wanted and for a reasonable cost. Paid about $3K with tax & reg. Will post pics later today after I upload the pics to the site.