PDA

View Full Version : Mom lets a 5 yr old driver her home

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Police said an intoxicated mother faces charges after she let her 5-year-old son drive her around, reported WRTV-TV in Indianapolis.
Holly Schnobrich, 24, of Lafayette, was charged with two counts of felony neglect and public intoxication.
The boy and his 3-year-old brother, who was also in the vehicle, were placed into the custody of the Department of Child Services, police said.
Investigators said neither child was restrained.
The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department said they were called early Sunday morning after neighbors told them they saw the boy behind the wheel.
"It was just bizarre," Barrett told the Journal & Courier of Lafayette. "I asked, 'Is this toddler driving your car?' She said, 'He's a good driver.'"
Police said another neighbor took Schnobrich's car keys so that she couldn't get away before officers arrived.
According to a probable cause affidavit, Schnobrich admitted taking the prescription painkiller Percocet and had a near-empty bottle of sleeping pills that she told them she had for two days.
Officers said the child driver told them he couldn't reach the pedals.
Schnobrich was being held Thursday in the Tippecanoe County Jail on a $10,000 surety bond.
Prosecutors said Schnobrich pleaded guilty last week to an unrelated charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

RitcheyRch
09-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Heard that on the news last night and wanted to post it but the wireless network wasnt working at the hotel. :mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I just saw that on the news! What a crazy bitch!:mad:
I thought the same thing. she told the next door neighbor..
" well he drove good".. :jawdrop:

jdogginla
09-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Damn......u know, if she drives while under the influence she's wrong too. Must of just flipped a coin.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Damn......u know, if she drives while under the influence she's wrong too. Must of just flipped a coin.
cab.. :D :D

whiteworks
09-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Shake and Bake
go Ricky Bobby