PDA

View Full Version : SC pouncing on Idaho

Bow Tie Omega
09-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Well, it is the 4th quarter and Idaho is making a game out of it against the true freshmen of USC.......SC 38, Idaho 3...In other news, I heard that Stanford scored 17 points against the Bruins of Los Angeles, their starting Defense to be exact.....I think they are the only team worse than Idaho and Appalachian State:D

Lavey5150
09-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, WTF, we should be up on Idaho by 70 by now...........Line was 46.5 last check...........:confused:

XtrmWakeborder
09-01-2007, 09:51 PM
App State currently has the nation's longest winning streak at 15. They are a very good team, as evidenced by the fact that they've won two staight I-AA championships.
Isn't Boise states longer than that?

Bow Tie Omega
09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
You give Michigan to much credit, they choked plain and simple......The Big 10 has been vastly overrated for several years. Michigan, Ohio State both rated as tops in the nation only to be shalacked when playing their respective bowl games last year. They should have been prepared and motivated, especially after the finish they had last year. They were not, I watched a good portion of the game, it was evident.

Bow Tie Omega
09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, WTF, we should be up on Idaho by 70 by now...........Line was 46.5 last check...........:confused:
Pete Carroll does not run up the score. Some may not agree with that, with the dominance they have shown in the past....The guy will start the second team right after half time if they have a comfortable lead......
Not to change the subject, but did you guys see SC purposely hold out the kicker in their first field goal attempt tonight and take the delay of game penalty, to honor Mario Danello...I thought that was very respectful, a very nice display of affection for one of their own

Bow Tie Omega
09-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Believe me, nobody hates the Big Ten or Big Ten style football, if you can call it that, more than me. I guarantee you that. But, App State is a good program, with some good athletes. You don't run up on Michigan, score 34 points and block two kicks without coming to play some ball.
They are a good team, no doubt, and they showed they were there to play.....But, they are not close to the caliber of a top 5 NCAA football team as Michigan supposedly is........They just are not........WHich tells me that Michigan is not either

Bow Tie Omega
09-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Pete does not run up the score, you're right. One of the only guys out there that really calls off the dogs late in the game.
Except against Oklahoma a couple years ago, he pounded the fock out of those guys just to make a point. :D
Yes, yes he did :D :D

Bow Tie Omega
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, neither is Michigan, so there you go. :D
This, my friend, is why they play the game.
I think I just said that:D ......Regardless, it sure was nice to see Appalachian State kick their arse today

Bow Tie Omega
09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Hawaii is in a different boat, they have to run up the score to get any respect...June Jones knows he has something special right now, something he may never see at Hawaii again......He wants to be in the BCS, if they win out, IMO, they deserve to be

boatnam2
09-01-2007, 10:25 PM
pouncing! i would say more of just a win.

Bow Tie Omega
09-01-2007, 10:31 PM
38 to 3 between the starting teams........Idaho's offense did not score against the first or second string SC Defense. They had to score against the scab defense with 2 minutes in the 4th...If Pete Carrol wanted to he could have left the starting team in there and ran up the score another 20 to 30 points........Pouncing fits in this case

Lavey5150
09-01-2007, 11:04 PM
SC played their game today, it was not a bashing as the spread hoped to be, but I am disappointed at the turnover percentage, and the overall game,somewhat. 2nd String answers that question..........ND got their asses kicked and that makes me smile........:D

THOR
09-02-2007, 06:46 AM
App State currently has the nation's longest winning streak at 15. They are a very good team, as evidenced by the fact that they've won two staight I-AA championships.
SWB,
Thank you for pointing that out to MR BTO. Please spread some of your sports knowledge to him. I beg you.
BTO, you really need to learn a lesson in humility and how to be a gracious winner. You went to SC right? So, next time your alma mater wins, just say we played great.
Idaho is far worse than App State. Not even in the same league.

Baja Big Dog
09-02-2007, 07:45 AM
38 to 3 between the starting teams........Idaho's offense did not score against the first or second string SC Defense. They had to score against the scab defense with 2 minutes in the 4th...If Pete Carrol wanted to he could have left the starting team in there and ran up the score another 20 to 30 points........Pouncing fits in this case
Lets say if USC played Nebraska today, they would have there asses handed to them, they looked like a team that had way too much press before the season, and the press spent too much time kissing Pete's ass...If they dont get there shit together and get ready to play football, the rankings are gonna take a hit.
Booty had 200 yds? Come on, this is bullshit, and the team had three turn overs??, 38-10 may look good in the papers, but it was a dismal performance...period.
Dont get me wrong, I love the Trojans...
Pete and his staff should be ashamed of themselves.

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Lets say if USC played Nebraska today, they would have there asses handed to them, they looked like a team that had way too much press before the season, and the press spent too much time kissing Pete's ass...If they dont get there shit together and get ready to play football, the rankings are gonna take a hit.
Booty had 200 yds? Come on, this is bullshit, and the team had three turn overs??, 38-10 may look good in the papers, but it was a dismal performance...period.
Dont get me wrong, I love the Trojans...
Pete and his staff should be ashamed of themselves.
First of all Booty had 200 yards because he only played 2 quarters. Take the stats from the first half of the game and that will be a far more true representation of how the Trojans performed. As far as Pete being ashamed, I am sure he will have extra up downs for most of the true freshman who made the errors in the second half

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 08:36 AM
SWB,
Thank you for pointing that out to MR BTO. Please spread some of your sports knowledge to him. I beg you.
BTO, you really need to learn a lesson in humility and how to be a gracious winner. You went to SC right? So, next time your alma mater wins, just say we played great.
Idaho is far worse than App State. Not even in the same league.
Ah Thor, talking about humility, werent you the one who was saying last year how weak the Pac 10 was and how great the Big 10 was, only to have Michigan and Ohio State embarrased when they wnet to their respective Bowl games....I think your lesson in humility hurt, is still hurting and continued to hurt yesterday when Michigan was beat by a 1AA team at home.. As far as Idaho and Appalachian State not being in the same league, one thing is sure, they are not in the same division.......Appalachian State is in 1 AA, while Idaho is in Division 1:D
See you at the BCS championship game Thor.....Oh yeah, Michigan blew their season yesterday by loosing to a 1 AA team. They may have had a shot if they had lost to Texas, Ohio State.....This loss is unrecoverable

TrojanDan
09-02-2007, 10:02 AM
SWB,
You went to SC right? So, next time your alma mater wins, just say we played great.
Oh God! It only took the second day of the CFL season for you to say that same lame ass remark you make every year. Grow up. You don't have to go to a particular school to be a fan. What you're saying is you can not even be a fan of a professional sports team unless you played on that team. How pathetic can you be? Did the heat and humidity get to your head down south? :rolleyes:

Baja Big Dog
09-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Ya..I reconsidered my comments....USC played a stellar game!!!
Fan or not, they played like shit..period!

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Ya..I reconsidered my comments....USC played a stellar game!!!
Fan or not, they played like shit..period!
Do not know what game you watched, but not the same game I did. Carroll pulled the plug on them at half time........3 touchdowns, 1 int and 200 yards in a half, with a QB rating of 144.4, great performance, especially for the first game of the season, and compared to Michigan........Enough said:D

THOR
09-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Oh God! It only took the second day of the CFL season for you to say that same lame ass remark you make every year. Grow up. You don't have to go to a particular school to be a fan. What you're saying is you can not even be a fan of a professional sports team unless you played on that team. How pathetic can you be? Did the heat and humidity get to your head down south? :rolleyes:
Typical from you Dan. I say that because most folks down here in socal love a winner which is SC now. That is cool. I am not a hockey fan but like how the Ducks have done. Cool. But, from a guy in Arizona that doesnt have a clue to come on here and boast like he is the master of college football is just insane. Now, for you to sit here and say you cant be a fan is absurd. But, dont say how cool you are for buying a brand new SC shirt every season for the past 4 seasons and how great MY trojans are doing. First, they arent your team. Second, if you want to be affiliated with a winner, that is cool too. But dont bash all others. You and BTO are typical SC fans and epitomize why people dont like you all. It is always how great SC is and how crappy everyone else is. They dont teach being nice at SC? Does it come with the territory Dan?

THOR
09-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Ah Thor, talking about humility, werent you the one who was saying last year how weak the Pac 10 was and how great the Big 10 was, only to have Michigan and Ohio State embarrased when they wnet to their respective Bowl games....I think your lesson in humility hurt, is still hurting and continued to hurt yesterday when Michigan was beat by a 1AA team at home.. As far as Idaho and Appalachian State not being in the same league, one thing is sure, they are not in the same division.......Appalachian State is in 1 AA, while Idaho is in Division 1:D
See you at the BCS championship game Thor.....Oh yeah, Michigan blew their season yesterday by loosing to a 1 AA team. They may have had a shot if they had lost to Texas, Ohio State.....This loss is unrecoverable
Nope, I didnt say that at all. In fact, the humility came in when I was saying how good SC was after the lost to Texas to show you guys how nice I could be. But, if you want me to be a tool then I will. You dont know very much about football and it is apparent in your ramblings. You are a typical SC fan that is on the bandwagon and is classless much like TrojanDan and his BS comments about how great "his" team is. Way to kick dirt in someone's face guys, classy.
But, Dan said I am pathetic, so I guess he is right.

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Typical from you Dan. I say that because most folks down here in socal love a winner which is SC now. That is cool. I am not a hockey fan but like how the Ducks have done. Cool. But, from a guy in Arizona that doesnt have a clue to come on here and boast like he is the master of college football is just insane. Now, for you to sit here and say you cant be a fan is absurd. But, dont say how cool you are for buying a brand new SC shirt every season for the past 4 seasons and how great MY trojans are doing. First, they arent your team. Second, if you want to be affiliated with a winner, that is cool too. But dont bash all others. You and BTO are typical SC fans and epitomize why people dont like you all. It is always how great SC is and how crappy everyone else is. They dont teach being nice at SC? Does it come with the territory Dan?
WHo the **** are you Thor......A little 411, born and raised in So Cal (Mission Viejo), lived in SoCal until 3 years ago, I am 35 now, you do the math......Saw the Trojans thru Robinson, both terms, Smith, Hacket and Carroll just to name a few. Keep crying like a little bitch, in the meantime, I will keep cheering the Trojans on to victory......You should do a little bit of your own homework before you open your big mouth....No then again, keep spouting off your ignorant ramblings, you make the rest of us sound sane in comparision. In the meantime, I will keep spouting my clueless comments all the way to the National Championship.....What a moron

Baja Big Dog
09-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Do not know what game you watched, but not the same game I did. Carroll pulled the plug on them at half time........3 touchdowns, 1 int and 200 yards in a half, with a QB rating of 144.4, great performance, especially for the first game of the season, and compared to Michigan........Enough said:D
The team they played was worse than the one that played Michigan!!!
Again...,they played like shit, compared to the competition, they were favored by 46 fricken points, come on, like I said, Im a fan, but reality is reality....

THOR
09-02-2007, 06:30 PM
. In the meantime, I will keep spouting my clueless comments all the way to the National Championship.....What a moron
You got that wrong, its not "clueless", its "classless" comments you make. Run your mouth on here with your pompess tone about how great 'your' team is.
I honestly dont care where you are from, you are the same as the other holier than thou SC fans that dont have an ounce of humility. Funny how we never heard any of you die hard SC fans until about 4 years ago. That is the true "411".
Moron <<<------ out

THOR
09-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Again...,they played like shit, compared to the competition, they were favored by 46 fricken points, come on, like I said, Im a fan, but reality is reality....
I honestly thought SC played just fine BBD. They played just hard enough to not get anyone hurt and pounded another team.

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Not trying to argue with you, but the starting team only played 1 half, you are comparing the entire game.....They did suck in the second half.....But look who was playing, mostly freshman...true freshman...Idaho did not score a touchdown until 2 minutes remaining in the 4th......SC was up 21-3 at half time, Booty was pulled out with 10 minutes in the 3rd . Anybody who has watched a Carroll coached team knows they do not run up the score of a game, he will pull back and work the players into the game.....It has always been that way......Now tell me this, if the starting team would have been left in even thru just the 3rd quarter, what would have the score have been........Higher than what it was.....More than likely.....Carroll has never ran up scores, he has always chose to work the younger guys when they are in control of the game...That is why they are so well prepared year after year after year, the second and third stringers are experienced by the time the next season comes around. They do not run up scores, they control games, and last night, while the score was not 50-zip, it was well controlled, great control of the clock for the most part. The 2 fumbles were in part from having 6 differnt kids run the ball. Booty threw one pick...and scored 3 touchdowns with just under 70% passing....That is not a bad game

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 06:36 PM
You got that wrong, its not "clueless", its "classless" comments you make. Run your mouth on here with your pompess tone about how great 'your' team is.
I honestly dont care where you are from, you are the same as the other holier than thou SC fans that dont have an ounce of humility. Funny how we never heard any of you die hard SC fans until about 4 years ago. That is the true "411".
Moron <<<------ out
Probably because I became a member of ***boat 4-5 years ago...So much for your 411 theory..If you mistake my confidence as arrogance, that is a gross misinterpretation on your part. I will speak up for the team I root for when certian people constantly talk shit on them........Is that you?????If the shoe fits......

THOR
09-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Probably becasuse I became a member of ***boat 5 years ago...So much for your 411 theory..If you mistake my confidence as arrogance, that is a gross misinterpretation on your part. I will speak up for the team I root for when certian people constantly talk shit on them........Is that you?????If the shoe fits, wear it
Get your stuff straight please. I dont shit on SC, but I do call BS when the bandwagon fans spout off about how great they are and how crappy the rest of the world is. In fact, I give SC props cuz they are awesome. A dynasty in the making if they can keep up the recruiting. The only real reason I cant stand SC is because of the dumbass fans that think "they" are the shit. Funny really and sad at the same time.

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Get your stuff straight please. I dont shit on SC, but I do call BS when the bandwagon fans spout off about how great they are and how crappy the rest of the world is. In fact, I give SC props cuz they are awesome. A dynasty in the making if they can keep up the recruiting. The only real reason I cant stand SC is because of the dumbass fans that think "they" are the shit. Funny really and sad at the same time.
Your the only one who needs to get his story straight......You giving SC props now sounds like you are becoming one of those band wagon fans...Keep talking man, this is becoming entertaining...... I do not think anybody has come on here and said that SC is great and everybody else is crap, well, maybe Michigan, which was proven in part yesterday. The people who keep saying that Appalachian State is a great team, like they should actually have a legit chance at beating a true top 5 team and act like it is not an upset, are the ones I get a laugh about.
Ok Thor, I have to tuck the kids into bed and read them their stories of Rose Bowls past....Take a deep breath, have a glass of whine (oops, freudian slip) I mean wine and we can continue this in two weeks when SC plays Nebraska. Have a good one, it has been entertaining to say the least.:D

THOR
09-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I do not think anybody has come on here and said that SC is great and everybody else is crap, well, maybe Michigan, which was proven in part yesterday.
Nobody outside of you.
I give SC props because they are good. Not a fan in the least. Is it that you cant read or comprehend very well, or are you just slow? I am trying to be as nice as I can to you, but you make it very hard. Again, you are the typical SC fan that comes across as classless.

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Nobody outside of you.
I give SC props because they are good. Not a fan in the least. Is it that you cant read or comprehend very well, or are you just slow? I am trying to be as nice as I can to you, but you make it very hard. Again, you are the typical SC fan that comes across as classless.
Somebody like you calling me classless, I will consider it a compliment. To be honest, I am suprised you could spell the word. As I said in the last post, I have to put my kids to bed...We can continue this in two weeks:D Keep working on your grammar in the meantime, you really need it.

THOR
09-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Somebody like you calling me classless, I will consider it a compliment. To be honest, I am suprised you could spell the word. As I said in the last post, I have to put my kids to bed...We can continue this in two weeks:D Keep working on your grammar in the meantime, you really need it.
Are you in 4th grade? Will you pull out "I know you are but what am I" next? You are simply amazing. Instead of me calling you names, I'll just walk away. You are the bigger man. BTW, you really shouldnt end a sentence in a preposition. I just learned that in my grammar class.

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 07:23 PM
One other thing, as far as being a band wagon fan, not a chance. I am also a Robby Gordon Fan, have been since the early 90's....Anybody who sticks by him year in and year out not only is a glutton for punishment, but does not know the meaning of selling out for a few wins. I have been with SC thru the bad years, the good years and the years in between. I Am with them now, will be with them in 20 years....Unless they leave SoCal like the Scams and Raida's did.

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Are you in 4th grade? Will you pull out "I know you are but what am I" next? You are simply amazing. Instead of me calling you names, I'll just walk away. You are the bigger man. BTW, you really shouldnt end a sentence in a preposition. I just learned that in my grammar class.
Then your grammar class also taught you that the rule you are reffering to is true when reffering to latin, but not english necessarily.;) Keep up the good work!:D
And on that note.....Good night....eeeks

BigDoug
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
What is all this bickering about ??????
Im a big fan of college football period !!.....................iv'e coached kids who went to UCLA...USC...Notre Dame and many other schools, i will even say "my" or "we" team, its just a figment of speech, i don't get it i guess !! :D

TrojanDan
09-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Thor, are you menstrating again? Were you a little scared that your Tigers were losing against K State for most of the game yesterday? Yeah, another vote why the SEC is overrated. Glad CAL took care of business yesterday against the Vols. Have a nice night sweetheart. ;)

TrojanDan
09-02-2007, 09:05 PM
What is all this bickering about ??????
Im a big fan of college football period !!.....................iv'e coached kids who went to UCLA...USC...Notre Dame and many other schools, i will even say "my" or "we" team, its just a figment of speech, i don't get it i guess !! :D
Hey, you stay out of this of I'll get Scuba Steve to kick your ass. :D BTW, he might be making a guest appearance in 2 weeks in Havi. :cool:

XtrmWakeborder
09-02-2007, 09:10 PM
How did they play like crap? They had no reason to even try against Idaho. I'm sure after the first quarter they just wanted to end the game because it was pointless and they didn't want to get hurt by trying too hard.

BigDoug
09-02-2007, 09:40 PM
What's up Dan ?........ i would like to see him when he comes out !! :D

BigDoug
09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Just so everyone knows, most college teams have their schedules made up in advance 7-9 years.............so you can't bitch about a weak team being played today when the former head coach sceduled it that way, seeing how most coaches don't last long these days............"your fired"

THOR
09-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Thor, are you menstrating again? Were you a little scared that your Tigers were losing against K State for most of the game yesterday? Yeah, another vote why the SEC is overrated. Glad CAL took care of business yesterday against the Vols. Have a nice night sweetheart. ;)
Go ahead and believe what you want. You and the other bandwagoners are the ONLY ones in the country that think the SEC is not the best.
Auburn scarred the crap out of me yesterday Dan. WTF was that? They were just chillin' until 4 minutes left. Can you believe K State was missing their leading WR? We are in trouble with LSU, Bama, Florida and Tenn. :(
I wont get into the Pac10 thing, but my buddy was at the game (he is an FBI agent) and said the CAL fans cheered when the Tenn guy was injured. I dont care was conference or team you pull for, that is the lowest of all. Absolutely pathetic. Those f'ing tree hugging left wingers have no compasion.
At least I feel sorry for you Dan. ;)

XtrmWakeborder
12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Wow, you, my friend are really on a roll. You really saw that one coming.
lmao I have never seen anyone congratulate themselves on here.

Ultracrazy
12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I just brought it up to make a point to one of our members that's always calling me out. :D
They are having a tough time with the Huskies as we speak.........:eek:

3 daytona`s
12-02-2007, 06:09 AM
I just brought it up to make a point to one of our members that's always calling me out. :D
Hi Bob:idea: