PDA

View Full Version : Steamboat Cove

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 08:00 AM
They just found a body of a man in the water in the cove.

charlyox
09-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Bummer. Any details?

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Bummer. Any details?
nothing more yet, was on the scanner they just found it a little bit ago.

USCFAN
09-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Was someone missing?

Quest4Fun
09-02-2007, 08:35 AM
They just found a body of a man in the water in the cove.
Jerry, this is not good :( Sure would like to know the details.

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Jerry, this is not good :( Sure would like to know the details.
That is all I have heard so far

lalhc
09-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Well I couldn't imagine anyone leavng Steamboat w/out the same amount of people they arrived with and not reporting anything. I wonder if it had to do anything w/the house boats parked in Steamboat? There was a lot of police action around them all day yesterday.

Phat Matt
09-02-2007, 08:59 AM
That would put a damper on your weekend.

skyskier
09-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Well I couldn't imagine anyone leavng Steamboat w/out the same amount of people they arrived with and not reporting anything. I wonder if it had to do anything w/the house boats parked in Steamboat? There was a lot of police action around them all day yesterday.
Have you ever seen some of the idiots that frequent Steamboat? I wonder how many "rental pontoon boats" were in there?

lalhc
09-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Skyskier - I've been wanting to ask you where that picture on your avatar was taken from?

eagle
09-02-2007, 09:34 AM
What frequency

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 09:38 AM
What frequency

skyskier
09-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Skyskier - I've been wanting to ask you where that picture on your avatar was taken from?
Lake Coeur d' Alene Idaho, my POP's place.

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 09:50 AM
I have a buddy that lives like 2 blocks from the main ramp there.

lalhc
09-02-2007, 09:54 AM
I had to ask because the shoreline looks similar to Lake Arrowhead, CA where I reside.

skyskier
09-02-2007, 10:01 AM
I had to ask because the shoreline looks similar to Lake Arrowhead, CA where I reside.
I know the place. I worked for Mac McKenzie at the ski school back in the 60's. Me & Mike Murphy, Mike Harker, Danny Churchill, JC Cadam. Know any of these clowns? We're all in our 60's now.

skyskier
09-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I have a buddy that lives like 2 blocks from the main ramp there.
I talked to my Pop this morning...say's the lake is packed with California boats. They really like us Californians up there too!.........................NOT!!
But just like Arizona, they LOVE the $$$ we spend.

dunaholic
09-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Have you ever seen some of the idiots that frequent Steamboat? I wonder how many "rental pontoon boats" were in there?
Compared to some of the idiots that hang out in the Channel or the Sandbar?

Throttle
09-02-2007, 11:49 AM
EZ tiger...

burtandnancy2
09-02-2007, 11:55 AM
skyskier, you may be too young, but may remember Chuck Stearns, one of the finest ski racers, tournement, etc skiers of all time? I was fortunate to pull him in his last three Catalina Ski Races. The first one, he didn't work out for (even smoked), we only finished 2nd overall but first in class. The next two races we won the overall and set one record. Powerboat Magazine called us the old men of the sea...

TCHB
09-02-2007, 12:13 PM
you forgot NICK Murphy and his x wife Val and Rich Furber!

skyskier
09-02-2007, 01:30 PM
you forgot NICK Murphy and his x wife Val and Rich Furber!
At my age I'm now "allowed" to forget a lot. Nick came up after my short stay in Arrowhead, Rick Cowles was also there, his x wife Lynn at one time was the world record holder, women's barefoot 1/4 mile drag, I think it was over 100mph? I still see Mike pretty often, he's over in Canyon Lake, last I heard Nick was in Colorado. Mike & Nick's mom, Mary, died a couple weeks back, have'nt caught up to Mike as of yet. They're having a memorial for her at Marine Stadium sometime this month.

skyskier
09-02-2007, 01:43 PM
skyskier, you may be too young, but may remember Chuck Stearns, one of the finest ski racers, tournement, etc skiers of all time? I was fortunate to pull him in his last three Catalina Ski Races. The first one, he didn't work out for (even smoked), we only finished 2nd overall but first in class. The next two races we won the overall and set one record. Powerboat Magazine called us the old men of the sea...
"One of the finest"?........... I don't know ANYBODY ever better as an all around waterskier, he can do it all, trick, jump, slalom, speed. Butch Peterson was also in Chuck's class , they were competitors in jr's back in the 50's. I spent some time with Chuck out at his school at the Salton Sea. What kind of boat were you guy's running? As I remember, Bill, pulled him behind an 18 ft flatbottom, maybe a Mandella? I got drafted in 1967, and pretty much lost contact with the ski race world.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I talked to my Pop this morning...say's the lake is packed with California boats. They really like us Californians up there too!.........................NOT!!
But just like Arizona, they LOVE the $$$ we spend.
Spent 10 days on CDA over the 4th. My Son and his mom were both born there. I lived there from 80 through 85. My very favorite place in the world in the Summer. The funny thing about the folks up there that don't like us CA folks, are most of them are ex CA folks themselves.
My Son's mom grew up on Park Dr in the Fort Gounds and has 2 brothers in their 60's. Does Ken or Dick Davis ring any bells?
Sorry for getting off topic.

DeathFlightMedic
09-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Mixed reports comming in about the incadent in steemboat cove. A body was found tis am by party's on a houseboat. Apperrntly the deacsed was seen diving off a boat late yesterday. If I here any more I will relay it.
Sad, lets hope it's the only one this weekend

skyskier
09-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Spent 10 days on CDA over the 4th. My Son and his mom were both born there. I lived there from 80 through 85. My very favorite place in the world in the Summer. The funny thing about the folks up there that don't like us CA folks, are most of them are ex CA folks themselves.
My Son's mom grew up on Park Dr in the Fort Gounds and has 2 brothers in their 60's. Does Ken or Dick Davis ring any bells?
Sorry for getting off topic.
Before somebody gets all pissy/whiney about getting off topic.......see new thread on "Old Waterski Racers"

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Mixed reports comming in about the incadent in steemboat cove. A body was found tis am by party's on a houseboat. Apperrntly the deacsed was seen diving off a boat late yesterday. If I here any more I will relay it.
Sad, lets hope it's the only one this weekend Thanks for the update

Jordy
09-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the update
I tried to read it and it was painful. :notam:
Could someone translate that post for me??? My Hanslater 3007 is on the fritz... :idea: :D

Her454
09-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Sad, lets hope it's the only one this weekend
Ummm...been celebrating a little too much or just tired? :eek:

Big Warlock
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Could someone translate that post for me??? My Hanslater 3007 is on the fritz... :idea: :D
Don't be a hater!!! :D

DeathFlightMedic
09-02-2007, 06:31 PM
;) Don't be a hater!!! :D
Comming from you that means alot!;)

Ion
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
:D :D :D

GN2RVR
09-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Where do you live in arrowhead. Ilive there also

BadKachina
09-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Wanna borrow my secret decoder ring?:idea: :)

Big Warlock
09-02-2007, 10:26 PM
;)
Comming from you that means alot!;)
Trying to help you out here!!! :)

Garrddogg
09-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Heres the clip..:(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
L.J. Frink/News-Herald Photo Steamboat Cove, on the Arizona side of the Colorado River between Lake Havasu and the Parker Dam, on Saturday. Steamboat Cove’s popularity increased after the closing of the Sandbar, near Blankenship Bend, on holiday weekends a few years ago.
Man found dead in Steamboat Cove
Sunday, September 2, 2007 10:51 PM MST
Staff reports
Mohave County Sheriff’s Deputies are investigating the apparent drowning death of a 39-year-old Valley Village, Calif., man.
Boaters discovered the victim’s body in Steamboat Cove Sunday at 8:45 a.m.
“We recovered the body at 10:15 a.m. The case is under investigation and the medical examiner will be doing an autopsy to determine cause of death,” said Sheriff’s Sgt. Doug Schuster.
The victim had been in Steamboat Cove with friends Saturday and had gone missing. However, a missing person report was not filed until Sunday morning, at about the same time Sheriff’s deputies were recovering the body.
The victim’s identity has not yet been released pending notification of next-of-kin.
It’s the sixth death on the Colorado River between Topock and Parker Dam this year.
Michael Conley Jr., 25, of Huntington Beach, Calif., drowned Aug. 26 near the courtesy docks of the Chemehuevi Tribal Reservation. Conley fell in the water after leaning against a boat that drifted away.
Barry Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills, Calif., was killed Aug. 9 near Topock Marina after his personal watercraft collided with a boat.
Sara Margiotta, 10, of Temecula, Calif., died Aug. 4 in a two-boat collision about a half-mile south of the Interstate 40 bridge. Four others were injured in the crash but survived.
Lloyd Richard Rowland, 22, of Fullerton, Calif., drowned July 21 while swimming near Windsor Beach.
Jeremy Conklin, 21, of Selah, Wash., drowned July 7 about a mile from Windsor Beach. The boat he was on flipped over after its driver tried to make a sharp, starboard turn, ejecting all six people on board.

iRepo
09-03-2007, 06:32 AM
wow,if your freind is missing,wouldn't you/somone look for him:(
Back when it used to be Copper Canyon and Blankenship Bend on the Holidays the group of guys I hung out with were there to get laid. They knew the boat would leave at 4 and if they didn't make it back by then they would get left. They either made it back or they hooked up with some hottie and we left. It worked because the person hooking up didn't have to sweat that we would sit there all day worrying about him and he could go about his business. We never had even a small injury while on the water. Everyone always returned that evening with a big smile on their face.

lalhc
09-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Where do you live in arrowhead. Ilive there also
I live in the Tavern Bay area off Zermatt Drive.

Tequila-John
09-03-2007, 09:57 AM
need to be safe out there on the crazy weekends

HavaSkank
09-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I live in the Tavern Bay area off Zermatt Drive.
I've crashed a few ragers at that house. That boy Matt can REALLY throw a party....chainsaws, hookers, flame throwers, circus midgets...hell of a party.

3 daytona`s
09-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I've crashed a few ragers at that house. That boy Matt can REALLY throw a party....chainsaws, hookers, flame throwers, circus midgets...hell of a party.
But what about the fore skin?:idea:

riverroyal
09-03-2007, 06:17 PM
we were trying to enter steamboat,cops were telling people to "move on,you dont want to see this"

lalhc
09-03-2007, 06:26 PM
You're telling me - I'm still finding things here and there that are out of the ordinary. Those boys do not know how to clean up after party's.

lalhc
09-03-2007, 07:04 PM
You're telling me - I'm still finding things here and there that are out of the ordinary. Those boys do not know how to clean up after party's.

lewiville
09-03-2007, 08:47 PM
my dad lives there to

Jokers Wild Havasu
09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Small World, I grew up in Arrowhead lived there most my life. I still have Family all over the mountain even an ex wife or two.