PDA

View Full Version : USC..class act of the century!!!

Baja Big Dog
09-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Like them or not, they showed the all time class act in yesterdays game, after the first touchdown, they went to the "Missing Man" formation for the PAT, when the kicker did not go onto the field, the took a delay of game to honer Mario Danelo who died during the off season..The players helmets all wore #19.

fatboy95
09-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Like them or not, they showed the all time class act in yesterdays game, after the first touchdown, they went to the "Missing Man" formation for the PAT, when the kicker did not go onto the field, the took a delay of game to honer Mario Danelo who died during the off season..The players helmets all wore #19.
The pregame and PAT missing man ceremonies were really great. The goal posts were padded with Danelo's number and the mascot white horse wore number 19. Very classy organization. Pete Carroll is a first class guy.

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 08:28 AM
It was a great moment of sentiment shown by the Trojans......Very classy....And then the ass whooping took place......Glad to see they have not missed a beat.

USCFAN
09-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I was glad to see them do that, Pete is definetly a class act.

djunkie
09-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Dammit, I missed that. We were outta town on our Dove hunting trip. I know Mario Danelo's brother and father. They texted us a pic of the banner they put up for him. Kinda brings a tear to your eye.

MBlaster
09-02-2007, 11:36 AM
It was very nice. The pre game stuff was tasteful with the video montage, the moment of silence, etc. Seems like he was well liked among the players.
Such a shame for the family.

Not So Fast
09-02-2007, 12:31 PM
I love the enthusiasm of college football and really have no favorites, I do think that the PAC 10 is under rated though or at the very least not given their due respect by other conferences.
What USC has done the last 4 years or so is just an incredible feat and like them or not you gotta admire what they have accomplished:jawdrop: Now in regards to that statement they had better be ready for Cal because them boys got some weapons, faster than speeding bullets. LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON and HI-DEF TV :D :D <<<<<<< GO CHARGERS>>>>>>>>>> NSF

djunkie
09-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Dammit, I missed that. We were outta town on our Dove hunting trip. I know Mario Danelo's brother and father. They texted us a pic of the banner they put up for him. Kinda brings a tear to your eye.
Heres the banner pic. RIP Mario. Your an inspiration and will be missed.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38432&stc=1&d=1188775582

HavasuSelect
09-03-2007, 03:32 PM
What an awesome tribute. Does anyone have a weblink to this?

essexjet
09-03-2007, 06:16 PM
What an awesome tribute. Does anyone have a weblink to this?
Class act all the way...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD2U9J4Nwj8

bignet
09-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Class act....I had to sell my tickets for the game, but heard about the "Missing Man" formation. Awesome sportsmanship.
:devil:
bignet

Wet Dream
09-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Beautiful display of sportsmanship and what a team is about.

HavasuSelect
09-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Class act all the way...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD2U9J4Nwj8
Wow..... What an awesome display. Thanks for the link.