PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of moving to denver co. area.. pros/cons?

syke-o
09-02-2007, 12:49 PM
We have been kicking around the idea of moving to the denver co. area and wanted to know if anyone on here has any personal experience with this area... i know the housing market is slow right now but iven if i lowball my current house price i will still be able to basically pay cash for a house there..
the other part of the equation would be finding a job that pays decent, but i wouldnt need to make as much if i had little or no mortgage...
thanks for any input anyone might have...

syke-o
09-02-2007, 01:06 PM
MY brother lives in fort collins,works for BUD,they like it,and a friend of mine just moved to colo/springs i think he's home sick for havzoo;)
thats another dilemma.. is there any decent boating lakes in the area??

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 01:09 PM
We have been kicking around the idea of moving to the denver co. area and wanted to know if anyone on here has any personal experience with this area... i know the housing market is slow right now but iven if i lowball my current house price i will still be able to basically pay cash for a house there..
the other part of the equation would be finding a job that pays decent, but i wouldnt need to make as much if i had little or no mortgage...
I lived there all my life untill I retired and moved to Havi. Winters are long,
the rest of the seasons are great. I lived west of Denver close to the Coors Brewery up in the mountains. Plenty to do up there for sure. Don't know about the job market.

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 01:10 PM
thats another dilemma.. is there any decent boating lakes in the area??
Yup lots of lakes there

syke-o
09-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I lived there all my life untill I retired and moved to Havi. Winters are long,
the rest of the seasons are great. I lived west of Denver close to the Coors Brewery up in the mountains. Plenty to do up there for sure. Don't know about the job market.
i was lookin at the areas just south of denver, close enough to downtown so that i could still drive in if needed.. i just think it would be a better place than anaheim to raise my little ones...

Classic Daycruiser
09-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I drove through there this summer on vacation. Rush hour is that...1 hour. If you like camping in the mountians, fishing for trout, hunting elk, or skiing... it might be right for you. You'll need indoor boat starage, since the weather is always doing something.
On the plus side, I don't think the gang activity is too bad in the public schools yet.

anxious
09-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Ill be honest. I just moved to Colorado Springs. I miss Orange County for only a few reasons.
1. I MISS HAVASU!!
2. I MISS GLAMIS
3. I miss shorts, tshirts, and sandles all weekend
4. And I miss the beach.
PROS
People are extremely nice. There is no traffic. I can afford a house. School systems are great. There is no traffic. It is extremely beautiful here and you acutally have 4 seasons and I breathe clean air. It is a perfect outdoors state.
CONS
The winter was a little long for me last year, especially living in OC my whole life. The roads suck like LA. There are pot holes and a lot of rocks on the road.

RitcheyRch
09-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I didnt think any roads could be as bad as they are here.
Ill be honest. I just moved to Colorado Springs. I miss Orange County for only a few reasons.
1. I MISS HAVASU!!
2. I MISS GLAMIS
3. I miss shorts, tshirts, and sandles all weekend
4. And I miss the beach.
PROS
People are extremely nice. There is no traffic. I can afford a house. School systems are great. There is no traffic. It is extremely beautiful here and you acutally have 4 seasons and I breathe clean air. It is a perfect outdoors state.
CONS
The winter was a little long for me last year, especially living in OC my whole life. The roads suck like LA. There are pot holes and a lot of rocks on the road.

09-02-2007, 02:48 PM
well i grew up in Denver and went to Horsetooth Lake by Fort Collins
was great but u have about 4 months of boating and the damn water
is cold and the streets suck there and the traffic and of course
the reason i left
SNOW

Jerrys59
09-02-2007, 02:59 PM
well i grew up in Denver and went to Horsetooth Lake by Fort Collins
was great but u have about 4 months of boating and the damn water
is cold and the streets suck there and the traffic and of course
the reason i left
SNOW i use to do horsetooth
and carter lake when i lived there

Zaairman
09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
i think their is 1,but lake of the osarks is a a days (long)drive i think
It's a 14 hour drive from Denver, and not worth a single minute of it.

Tom Brown
09-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm not particularly familiar with the area but I suggest you try their egg sandwiches. They are delicious. :cool:

Wheeler
09-02-2007, 03:24 PM
If you do sell your house, don't forget the 1031 property exchange. :D

ViB
09-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm a Realtor here in Denver. There are a couple boating resevoirs in the Metro area, but they have 40mph speed limits and you are only allowed to drive in one direction around the lake. Additionally, there are only a limited number of boats allowed on the water at one time.
if you want some detailed, or non-published info about the different cities in and around the Metro area, contact me and I can provide you with some useful info.
Stuart
www.StuartDobson.com

mouzer
09-02-2007, 03:49 PM
syco. we live in corona so ca for 47 yrs born here ,,,we looked alot out of state and decided on castle rock colorado out side denver next year .....and they are lackin on good local lakes all the uncrowded lakes are 4 hr drive south by new mexico border.but great fishen in those mountains.:D

Boatcop
09-02-2007, 03:54 PM
CON: You're closer to the Bilge Idiot.

Faceaz
09-02-2007, 04:42 PM
My brother also just moved to Fort Collins from Huntington Beach & loves it. He paid cash for the house & has been making enough money buying / selling old Broncos to pay his expenses.

NashvilleBound
09-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I cant say I would be able to handle the winters out there..... cold water all the time in the lakes.... that would be a no. What is the reason to move to this area? Family? Job? Or just to get away????

H2OT TIMES
09-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I live in Longmont, about 35 miles north of Denver. If you are really into Hot Boats and the river scene I recomend you forget Colorado. Small lakes, cold water. speed limits strictly enforced, short season. Yes there are some nice places within an 8 to 10 hr. drive but put all of the above together and it just isn't worth it. Consider Dallas.

09-03-2007, 02:31 PM
hows carter lake restricted like most of the lakes

mxbundy
09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
I have a close friend who moved to Woodland Park Co. a couple of years back.Its up the hill from Colorado Springs. He loves it and it is on my short list also.
I have been there several times to visit and it is awesome if you are interested in outdoor stuff.
We are syko dirtbikers and their is over 300 miles of trails right from his house!:D :D
Dont know about the lakes. But Havasu would be around 14 hrs from their.

Screemy1
09-03-2007, 06:11 PM
i was lookin at the areas just south of denver, close enough to downtown so that i could still drive in if needed.. i just think it would be a better place than anaheim to raise my little ones...
the traffic is CRAZY into Denver.... but it is the best plac to live, the house market just slowed there.... they didn't get hit as soon as Cali did.... I tried to move there a couple years ago because my wife is from there.... I couldn't find a job that had the benifits I needed because our son was getting ready for heart surgery.... so we moved to Tehachapi.... Small town, mountains.... but we would rather be in CO.

H2OT TIMES
09-03-2007, 06:22 PM
I got a news flash for ya. The northern Colorado area, Ft Collins, Greeley, Loveland Longmont, Has one of the highest foreclosure rates in the country.

H2OT TIMES
09-03-2007, 06:28 PM
hows carter lake restricted like most of the lakes
Carter is small and one of the most strictly enforced. Clockwise only and 40 MPH., which is the limit on all the state park lakes. Most of the jet boat crowd go north to Glendo, WY. about 2 - 2 1/2 Hrs from Longmont. That would be about 3 1/2 Hrs. from central Denver. I haven't been there but I hear it is nice and fairly large.

hasselhoff
09-03-2007, 06:44 PM
I live in Castle Rock, just 20 min south of Denver. For a family it is a great place to live. Schools are great people are friendly. You can buy a nice house for 100 -125 bucks a sq foot. Winter is cold but only from Dec to End of Feb. Rest of the time its usually really nice weather. 300 plus days of sunshine. The only downside is the lakes. If you like to go fast keep you boat somewhere else. Our F-32 never leaves vegas. For slower family friendly boating there are plenty of small lakes. And the water is not that cold. For every other outdoor activity this State is great. And if it gets cold DIA gets you to Vegas in one hour and OC in 2.

09-03-2007, 06:56 PM
I live in Castle Rock, just 20 min south of Denver. For a family it is a great place to live. Schools are great people are friendly. You can buy a nice house for 100 -125 bucks a sq foot. Winter is cold but only from Dec to End of Feb. Rest of the time its usually really nice weather. 300 plus days of sunshine. The only downside is the lakes. If you like to go fast keep you boat somewhere else. Our F-32 never leaves vegas. For slower family friendly boating there are plenty of small lakes. And the water is not that cold. For every other outdoor activity this State is great. And if it gets cold DIA gets you to Vegas in one hour and OC in 2.
Hummmmmmm did global warming come to castle rock march thu may
i grew up in denver and never has winter been over in march lol
are you selling real estate

hasselhoff
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I have lived here since birth so I am used to the snow. It doesn't count if it melts the same day. Winter ending in Feb might be pushing it but as you know by the time march gets here there are more nice days than sh*tty.

SummerBreeze
09-03-2007, 08:44 PM
cold

09-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I have lived here since birth so I am used to the snow. It doesn't count if it melts the same day. Winter ending in Feb might be pushing it but as you know by the time march gets here there are more nice days than sh*tty.
yea but the temp is what 30 at noon and 10 at 300

hasselhoff
09-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I can't take this cold weather talk anymore, its bumming me out. Now I am thinking of moving to the OC- pros/cons?

09-03-2007, 09:14 PM
you better hurry the first storm is about sept 20th

hasselhoff
09-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Salt in the wound!

ViB
09-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Hey hasselhoff,
I was just down at Dave's and think I saw your boat in there last weekend? I was curious who else around here ran a DCB.
Stu

JetBoatRich
09-04-2007, 05:22 AM
CON - Broncos play there:D

ViB
09-04-2007, 05:31 AM
ouch!
CON, the Bears don't

asch
09-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Can't buy alcohol on Sundays. Just have to remember to stock up on Sat. night. If you want the high octane stuff, you gotta go to an actual "liquor" store. Can't just walk into any old grocery store to buy you favorite stuff.:(
Oh and....it's cold 7-8 months out of the year. As mentioned, if you're serious about rec. boating, CO ain't really the place to be. Although, Pueblo res. is a straight shot down Interstate 25. 35 or 40 mph limit on all waters though:confused:
It all depends on what you and your family want. CO has a lot of great small towns in and around the Denver area. Right smack in Denver wouldn't be my first choice since you're trying to get away from Anaheim. Checkout Englewood or Littleton. Ft. Collins is nice too. Somewhere beyond the outskirts or down in Colorado Springs might interest you more. Denver's not really much different than LA/OC as far as people and culture go.

LAFD
09-04-2007, 09:24 AM
never been to denver but my uncle goes there all the time and he is always coming back saying how much he loves it there.he just built a big house out there thats he has up for sale.

syke-o
09-04-2007, 10:07 AM
thanks for al lthe replies.. i would definitely miss havasu and the river, but i only get out there like 2-3 times a year the last couple of years, and my boat is slow so the speed limit wont hurt me too bad...
i have never lived anywhere but socal so i am not sure how much the weather would truly effect me.. so pretty much the main reasons we are looking to move is to have no mortgage, better environment for my kids, and neighbors who speak english....:)

hasselhoff
09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey hasselhoff,
I was just down at Dave's and think I saw your boat in there last weekend? I was curious who else around here ran a DCB.
Stu
Yea that's my boat. They are selling it for me. I didn't think anybody else around here had a DCB. What are you running?

OSidePat
09-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Its a fricking COW TOWN!

ViB
09-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Its a fricking COW TOWN!
Hey, quit makin fun of our girls :sqeyes:

ViB
09-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Yea that's my boat. They are selling it for me. I didn't think anybody else around here had a DCB. What are you running?
no DCB right now, had a nice 28 Extreme with an 800 Teague for a while...can't decide on a cat vs. V vs. some little POS bowrider right now...the lakes are so far away.

Hallett19
09-05-2007, 06:17 AM
My g/f is from Greeley and it smells like crap there. She went to CSU in Ft Collins, kind of small and hometown for me and it is a college town so it would be cool while we are young. One thing I've learned from all my trips to denver with her is that it is a great place to raise a family, far superior to so cal.
As for the weather, what can you say? Winters are hard, but lots of sunny days, more than anywhere in the country. Her parents now live in Windsor, lots of new development, affordable new homes, lots of golf. Her sister lives in Parker which is great, close to the city, lots of young families, and older homes, lots of track homes.
In a nutshell, affordable homes, their housing market has been down for some time now and they are still up there with Cali in numbers of foreclosures. Other than the winters, great weather the rest of the year. People are nicer than here in so cal in my opinion. Tons of outdoor activities. With the new T-Rex and public transit, traffic has been cut down tremendously in and out of downtown, my g/f's brother in law says his hour commute got cut down to about 30 min and now he can take the train about all the way to his office in downtown. I might have to move there one day if thing work out with the g/f :jawdrop:
PS: Denver Int. Airport sucks, its far away from everywhere!!!

HEDJUG
09-05-2007, 07:01 AM
I spent a few months in the Boulder area on buisness & we added the area as a possible place to live (if required).
Pros:
-You can live in the "hills" & be off the beaten path & still be within 45min-1hour of work.
-You can get some mountain top acreage & have all the room in the world to play. 4x4'n, 4 wheeler'n, running the WRX thru the mountain passed at mach-10, shootin, road bikin, fly fishin, skiing...
-Boulder is a great little town with nice bars & pubs.
-Longmont has great/cheap strip joints.
-Nice people
Cons:
-Boating sucks. I live on the Chesapeake, some of thebest boating/fishing in the world. That would be hard to give up.
-Colorado (Devner) is far from everthing else in the world.

Sleek-Jet
09-05-2007, 07:15 AM
My g/f is from Greeley and it smells like crap there.
Greely doesn't smell like bullshit... it smells like money... :D
Colorado is nice... Winters are long, but if you get into outdoor winter sports it's a fantastic place to live. R/E is higher in the small mountain towns than in the metro area's.
I'm partial to the Western slope, but Denver has it's points. If I could get a job in Grand Junction, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

24ROD
09-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Ask Furball (Jen ) she'll give you the 411:idea:

Dan Lorenze
09-05-2007, 07:56 AM
If you do decide to move to CO my only suggestion would be to hang on to your house and lease/rent it out. I know of several people who said they were tired of SoCal and move away only to come back within a year or two. That way coming back into California won't kill you finacially when you find out that every city in the US has problems of their own.

Sportin' Wood
09-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Funny, everyone talks about the cold moving out of So Ca. But Personally I'm pretty much over 100 plus temps followed by a week of nice weather and then winter. I'm not afforded the luxury of Beach weather and that would likely change my mind, but I sure could go for 4 seasons about now. Since we returned from the better part of a month in Montana, I'm pretty much over the 100 + temps we have seen since I returned.
I have two High School freinds that live in Parker and absolutly love it there. They where typical SO Ca, and don't ever plan on coming back.

Boozer
09-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I've lived in Denver off and on for almost 10 years now.
Pros:
The R/E market has been much harder hit with forclosures then California. I can think of at least 5 homes within 2 blocks of mine that have recently been forclosed. No matter where you go it seems like every other house is for sale out here right now so I'm willing to take a bet that the forclose boom here isn't nearly over. As a result of the R/E downturn there are many good deals to be had here. A friend of mine flips homes and has been picking up nice single family properties worth $200K after a bit of TLC for 90-110K bucks.
Depending on where you decide to live in or around Denver you can get a house here for about 1/4th of what you'd pay for it in California. However some of the nice areas like Washington Park and Cherry Creek will cost you California money. If I could afford it I'd have a home in Washington Park but a decent 3br 2 bath home there will set you back about $600,000.
Denver is a beautiful city. It is very culturally diverse and they host a LOT of different festivals here. This last weekend we had a Taste of Colorado, all the local restaraunts get together in the cities main park downtown and offer samples of their famed dishes, vendors set up all over and sell misc. things. Next month we are having the Great American beer festival, you pay $50 and get to drink as much beer as you want for 5 hours and they have like 400 different breweries there offering beers. There are 100's of other festivals that go on here as well.
If you like the mountains and have ever considering skiing or snowboarding this place is a damn mecca. I hop in the car and drive for 1 hour to arrive at skiing and snowboarding destinations people travel from all over the world to visit. The conditions for skiing and snowboarding are amazing. If you think snowmobiling would be more your style we have tons of that here to. There are mountain towns about 1 1/2 hours from Denver where people park their cars once arriving and use snowmobiles as their primary method of transport, you go to dinner, the bar, anything for that matter you snowmobile there.
Cons:
Anyone who tells you the people here are nicer then they are in California has never lived here. The majority of the people here are the fakest most scandalous people you will ever meet in your entire life. Everyone here puts on a mask when they meet new people that mask quickly falls off, I have found this to be true for about 90% of the people I have met in this state. The girls here on average start having sex around the age of 13, and most children by age 14 have used drugs. People here can't drive worth a sh*t! IF you speed even 5 mph over the limit you WILL be pulled over.
All in all I wouldn't want to raise a family here and won't. There are definitely some wonderful things about this state but the underbelly of it topples all the good that it has to offer. I've been here since I was 16 so I got to see the kid side of it and the adult side of it, and this is NOT a place I would want to grow up as a child. It is however a great place to be single, the slutty teens make for even sluttier adults so getting laid here is about as easy as it gets.

CAHotRodBoy
09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
My sister lives in Idledale (Morrison) and loves it. They keep trying to get me to move there but I don't want to drive a Subaru! :D

ViB
09-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Pros:
The R/E market has been much harder hit with forclosures then California. I can think of at least 5 homes within 2 blocks of mine that have recently been forclosed. No matter where you go it seems like every other house is for sale out here right now so I'm willing to take a bet that the forclose boom here isn't nearly over. As a result of the R/E downturn there are many good deals to be had here. A friend of mine flips homes and has been picking up nice single family properties worth $200K after a bit of TLC for 90-110K bucks.
Depending on where you decide to live in or around Denver you can get a house here for about 1/4th of what you'd pay for it in California. However some of the nice areas like Washington Park and Cherry Creek will cost you California money. If I could afford it I'd have a home in Washington Park but a decent 3br 2 bath home there will set you back about $600,000.
Denver is a beautiful city. It is very culturally diverse and they host a LOT of different festivals here. This last weekend we had a Taste of Colorado, all the local restaraunts get together in the cities main park downtown and offer samples of their famed dishes, vendors set up all over and sell misc. things. Next month we are having the Great American beer festival, you pay $50 and get to drink as much beer as you want for 5 hours and they have like 400 different breweries there offering beers. There are 100's of other festivals that go on here as well.
If you like the mountains and have ever considering skiing or snowboarding this place is a damn mecca. I hop in the car and drive for 1 hour to arrive at skiing and snowboarding destinations people travel from all over the world to visit. The conditions for skiing and snowboarding are amazing. If you think snowmobiling would be more your style we have tons of that here to. There are mountain towns about 1 1/2 hours from Denver where people park their cars once arriving and use snowmobiles as their primary method of transport, you go to dinner, the bar, anything for that matter you snowmobile there.
Cons:
Anyone who tells you the people here are nicer then they are in California has never lived here. The majority of the people here are the fakest most scandalous people you will ever meet in your entire life. Everyone here puts on a mask when they meet new people that mask quickly falls off, I have found this to be true for about 90% of the people I have met in this state. The girls here on average start having sex around the age of 13, and most children by age 14 have used drugs. People here can't drive worth a sh*t! IF you speed even 5 mph over the limit you WILL be pulled over.
All in all I wouldn't want to raise a family here and won't. There are definitely some wonderful things about this state but the underbelly of it topples all the good that it has to offer. I've been here since I was 16 so I got to see the kid side of it and the adult side of it, and this is NOT a place I would want to grow up as a child. It is however a great place to be single, the slutty teens make for even sluttier adults so getting laid here is about as easy as it gets.
Jeez, Boozer don't sugarcoat it, tell us how your REALLY feel!

Boozer
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Jeez, Boozer don't sugarcoat it, tell us how your REALLY feel!
Maybe I'm a little jaded......

squirt'nmyload
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Winters are hard, but lots of sunny days, more than anywhere in the country.
huh.............:D
City
Sunny Days A Year
YUMA,AZ 242
PHOENIX,AZ 211
LAS VEGAS,NV 210
BISHOP,CA 201
FRESNO,CA 194
EL PASO,TX 193
TUCSON,AZ 193
BAKERSFIELD,CA 191
SACRAMENTO,CA 188
LOS ANGELES C.O.,CA 186
STOCKTON,CA 184
WINSLOW,AZ 177
SANTA MARIA,CA 176
BLUE CANYON,CA 174
REDDING,CA 172
ROSWELL,NM 168
ALBUQUERQUE,NM 167
MIDLAND-ODESSA,TX 165
MOUNT SHASTA, CA 164
CLAYTON,NM 162
FLAGSTAFF,AZ 162
LUBBOCK,TX 160
SAN FRANCISCO AP,CA 160
LONG BEACH,CA 159
RENO,NV 158
AMARILLO,TX 157
SAN ANGELO,TX 154
MILFORD,UT 151
WICHITA FALLS,TX 151
ABILENE,TX 149
ALAMOSA,CO 148
LOS ANGELES AP,CA 147
SAN DIEGO,CA 146
GOODLAND,KS 143
OKLAHOMA CITY,OK 139
PUEBLO,CO 139
here is the rest of the list (rick roll safe)
http://www.weathertoday.net/weatherfacts/numbersunny_city_desc.php

River Runin
09-05-2007, 12:01 PM
It'll be great till winter!
You'll get light headed easy
You will never get the jingle---"Rocky Mtn high" out of your head!!
And there's a good posibility that, the thin air up there will effect you the wrong way---Like Turning into an EnviroMENTAL Wacko! :D

squirt'nmyload
09-05-2007, 12:07 PM
i've been to denver once for 2 weeks in february in 2001....my job at the time was trying to get me to move there....i drove to breckenridge to go snowboarding, went to golden (coors plant), saw the red rock amphiteater and went to the nhl all star game. that was ok. the rest of the time i spent scraping ice off the windshield and trying to stay warm. i was freaking miserable and couldn't wait to get back to AZ. i think i cried myself to sleep a couple nights :D i am from pittsburgh so i know about cold winters but i am done with living in that shit!!!!! ...and i remember the traffic was horrible.....:)

River Runin
09-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Colorado Diary
Aug 12: Moved to our new home in Denver. It is so beautiful here. The landscape is so majestic. Can hardly wait to see it with snow. I love it here,
Oct 14: Denver is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful country and saw some deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.
Nov 11: Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.
Dec 2: It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looked like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snow plow came by, we had to shovel again. What a beautiful place. I love Denver.
Dec 12: More snow last night. I love it. The snow plow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here!
Dec 19: More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Damn snow plow.
Dec 22: More of that white shit fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snow plow hides around the curve and waits until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole!
Dec 25: Merry @*!!@#@! Christmas! More friggin snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-bitch who drives that snow plow, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the ice.
Dec 27: More white shit last night. Been inside for 3 days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plow goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, car's stuck in a mountain of white shit. The weatherman says to expect another 10" of the stuff again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?
Dec 28: The friggin weatherman was wrong. We got 43" of that white shit this time. At this rate it won't melt before next summer. The snow plow got stuck up the road and that bastard came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the shit he pushed into the driveway, I broke the last one over his head.
Jan 4: Finally out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a damned deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those friggin beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed ALL of them last November.
May 3: Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from that lousy salt they put all over the road.
May 10: Moved to Georgia. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to live in that God-forsaken state of Colorado.

syke-o
09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Pros:
Cons:
wow... thanks for the inside info. One of the main reasons i was looking to move there was to raise a family. I am not wanting to move directly into downtown Denver though, more like the cities south of it like Aurora and Littleton. What do you know about those cities? Is it just as bad there in regards to fake people and underage drug use??

H2O
09-05-2007, 12:30 PM
PROS - Charge just about the same as everywhere else.
CONS - Are mostly still in jail, don't worry too much about them.

Sleek-Jet
09-05-2007, 12:44 PM
wow... thanks for the inside info. One of the main reasons i was looking to move there was to raise a family. I am not wanting to move directly into downtown Denver though, more like the cities south of it like Aurora and Littleton. What do you know about those cities? Is it just as bad there in regards to fake people and underage drug use??
Aurora isn't known for being the best part of town.
Fake people and underage drug use?? You mean like everywhere else?? :idea: Except Canada...

syke-o
09-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Aurora isn't known for being the best part of town.
Fake people and underage drug use?? You mean like everywhere else?? :idea: Except Canada...
what are the better parts of town for families that still have reasonable home prices??

Sleek-Jet
09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
what are the better parts of town for families that still have reasonable home prices??
All the family I have there live over on the West side of Denver, Littleton/Centennial area mostly. I've got one cousin that is way down in Castle Rock, but he works in the Tech Center so he doesn't have that far to drive.
I spent two years up in Broomfield and liked it up there.
If I were going to move back, I'd head farther north up to Ft. Collins/Loveland area.

Boozer
09-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Aurora is a complete shit hole. My entire family lives in Aurora and it is beyond me why they live there. Typically within 5 minutes of having a conversation with someone I can tell if they are from Aurora, there is just something about Aurora people that make them stand out no matter where they are. In my opinion Aurora is pretty much a stick built trailer park when it comes to the people there, I have personally lived in Aurora for about 4 years and couldn't possibly despise the place anymore then I do.
You will also want to avoid Green Valley Ranch. Builders for a long time could not put houses in Green Valley Ranch up fast enough to keep up with the demand. They were offering brand new homes with lots of square footage for very cheap prices. Those cheap prices brought in a lot of "cheap" people if you know what I'm saying. Particularly the people who were living in the innercity and making it the ghetto, the yuppys offered them lots of money for their ghetto shacks and have since renovated them. All the ghetto trash now lives in Green Valley Ranch.
Northglenn/Thornton is also another Mecca of cheap new houses that have drawn in a really sh*tty crowd. Don't let the niceness of all the new houses full you, they are occupied by hillbilly white trash tweakers.
Depending on the parts you choose Littleton, Parker, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Greenwood Village, and Englewood are great places to live. However most of the people living in those cities are from California and so everyone has the California attitude. They are pretty much like California cities without all the border jumpers, so pretty awesome places in my book. Centenial is ok but all the people I have met that grew up in Centenial are weirdo little b*tches.
So if you do decide to buy in the Denver Suburbs go south! Not to south though because most of Colorado Springs is pretty ghetto, not to mention the job market in the springs is pretty rough.

Boozer
09-05-2007, 01:13 PM
All the family I have there live over on the West side of Denver, Littleton/Centennial area mostly. I've got one cousin that is way down in Castle Rock, but he works in the Tech Center so he doesn't have that far to drive.
I spent two years up in Broomfield and liked it up there.
If I were going to move back, I'd head farther north up to Ft. Collins/Loveland area.
If I could find a good enough paying job I would move to Ft. Collins in a heart beat. Ft. Collins is a decent sized city with a VERY small town feel and by far the friendliest and nicest people I have met anywhere in this state.

mouzer
09-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Hasselhoff.we found a home we like in parker isnt that like 5 minutes from castle rock:jawdrop: would ya recomand parker school distr.or should we stick to castle rock:confused:

Boozer
09-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Hasselhoff.were found a home we like in parker co isnt that like 5 minutes from castle rock:jawdrop: would ya recomand parker school distr.or should we stick to castle rock:confused:
Where in Parker? What's the subdivision that you will be in?
Even at its furthest south point Castle Rock is still a good 10-15 miles from Parker. The only downside to Parker is that it's a drive to anything in the city.

uvindex
09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Aurora is a complete shit hole.
I have personally lived in Aurora for about 4 years and couldn't possibly despise the place anymore then I do.
All the ghetto trash now lives in Green Valley Ranch.
Northglenn/Thornton is also another Mecca of cheap new houses that have drawn in a really sh*tty crowd... occupied by hillbilly white trash tweakers.
Centenial is ok but all the people I have met that grew up in Centenial are weirdo little b*tches.
I got a kick out of this review -- made me feel like I was there! There may be a job waiting for you at the Denver Chamber of Commerce (writing their "Come to Denver!" marketing materials). :D

mouzer
09-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey booz , were def movin to castlerock but a realtor keeps tryiny to send us to parker cuz i want 1/2 acre property w/home and they keep telling us castle rock is all side by side track houseing, we ve been there twice just to buy a home and wants we saw the house in person we drove right back next day!:( :D 15 hrs one way is getting to us.

Boozer
09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
I think you need a better Realtor.
You should be looking in Franktown if you want the Castle Rock Location and the big acreage. You might also consider looking into a place in the Pinery, there is also the Black Forest which is just a bit south of Castle Rock. I have several friends who live in the Pinery and it is a pretty amazing place. The only downside to the Pinery is that it does have an HOA so you're not allowed to park any RV's or boats on your property unless they are stored indoors, also you can not have a solid fence, they leave the properties open to give it a wide open feeling. It's pretty awesome though when you can look out a window into your backyard and see 6-7 deer walking through.

ViB
09-05-2007, 02:33 PM
You can find great acreage lots in Castle Rock. It just depends on your price range, relative to LA and San Diego markets, it's still less expensive for a 'nice' area.
for example, my sister in law has a great 8000 sq ft house on 5 acres in Castle Rock with incredible moutain view, if it were on the market, it would probably go for 1.1 to 1.3 mil

Dave C
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
tell us more about these sluts you speak of..... ;) ;)

hasselhoff
09-05-2007, 04:04 PM
BOOZER- I am not sure what part of colorado you grew up in but I wish I lived there when I was 13.
As for the rest of the state, other than Aurora, commerce city, or downtown Denver, it is a great place to raise a family. I can tell you I went to supercross/ Anaheim 2 this year and I have never seen kids from 10 to 16 that looked like that. I am sure the moto crowd is a little rougher around the edges than most but I saw more girls dressed like teenage prostitutes than I could believe. Right then and there we decided we would never raise kids out there. I am sure there are nice areas in any state you just need to know where to look.