PDA

View Full Version : Beckman claims $100,000 Skoal Showdown victory

RitcheyRch
09-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Was an awesome race. Glad to see my buddy Fast Jasck WIN
http://www.nhra.com/content/news/23813.htm
Drag racing instructor-turned-Funny Car shoe "Fast Jack" Beckman won the biggest contest of his brief driving career Sunday evening at O'Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis, beating teammate Ron Capps by one-hundredth of a second for the title of the $100,000 Skoal Showdown. A three-time national event winner, Beckman has competed in just 35 NHRA events.
A three-time Skoal Showdown champion, Capps left the line first with a .093 to .104 reaction-time advantage, but Beckman's Mail Terminal Services Dodge Charger R/T had caught him by the 60-foot timer and led the rest of the way down the quarter-mile. The final numbers had Beckman crossing in 4.950 at 313.80 mph to Capps' 4.976 at 315.64 mph in his Brut Revolution Dodge Charger.
This was Beckman's first Skoal Showdown, and he began the day at the bottom of the ladder in the No. 8 spot. He methodically eliminated top qualifier Robert Hight, local hero Tommy Johnson Jr., and Capps for the biggest single payday in drag racing.
Aside from Beckman's $100,000 first prize, Capps collected $15,000 for his efforts. Semifinalists Johnson and Mike Ashley were awarded $6,000 apiece, and first-round qualifiers Hight, John Force, Gary Scelzi, and Tony Pedregon scored $5,000 each. Beckman can earn another $50,000 from NHRA should he double up and win Monday's Mac Tools U.S. Nationals.
Overall, U.S. Tobacco posts $239,000 for the Skoal Showdown, which invites the top eight qualifiers from the last 12 months to battle for big cash prizes. In addition to the $147,000 that was awarded Sunday, each event's low qualifier from the last year pocketed $4,000.
This was the first Skoal Showdown win for Don Schumacher Racing. Beckman joined the team after this event last year.

RitcheyRch
09-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Wrong guy idiot. :D
I thought he couldn't play for 6 weeks because of a sprained ankle?
:D :D :D :D

BlueNun
09-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Wasn't he the one who came close to death from cancer?? I am glad he is doing good and took Whit Bazemore's ride I can't stand that guy

RitcheyRch
09-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Yes, thats the same guy. He is a racing instructor at Frank Hawleys school in Pomona.
Wasn't he the one who came close to death from cancer?? I am glad he is doing good and took Whit Bazemore's ride I can't stand that guy
No offense Idiot. :D
:D