PDA

View Full Version : Richest city in America

Wheeler
09-02-2007, 04:15 PM
While reading the Oc Register, I read Yorba Linda topped the list.
Havasu 1986, does this make you a "Baller" :D

Havasu1986
09-02-2007, 04:47 PM
While reading the Oc Register, I read Yorba Linda topped the list.
Havasu 1986, does this make you a "Baller" :D
What do you consider a baller. :confused: I do love living in the "Land of Gracious Living" :D

Wheeler
09-02-2007, 04:55 PM
What do you consider a baller. :confused: I do love living in the "Land of Gracious Living" :D
Maybe a bad choice of words. Of the many cities I would consider living in, Yorba Linda is and has been on the top of my list. Maybe some day I will move back.

Throttle
09-02-2007, 04:58 PM
got em...

DaytonaU
09-02-2007, 05:01 PM
can you post a copy of it

Wheeler
09-02-2007, 05:03 PM
can you post a copy of it
http://www.ocregister.com/news/linda-yorba-newport-1834743-income-median
Money: Yorba Linda is richest U.S. city | linda, yorba, newport, income, median - OCRegister.com
see if this link works

Havasu1986
09-02-2007, 05:12 PM
got em...
Bite me hose dragger. :)

Havasu1986
09-02-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/news/linda-yorba-newport-1834743-income-median
Money: Yorba Linda is richest U.S. city | linda, yorba, newport, income, median - OCRegister.com
see if this link works
Link works..But I couldn't live on 121k..:D :D

BoatPI
09-02-2007, 06:56 PM
And when it somes to real estate, the highest priced homes are in Newport Coast, between Corona Del Mar and Laguna.

Wheeler
09-02-2007, 06:59 PM
And when it somes to real estate, the highest priced homes are in Newport Coast, between Corona Del Mar and Laguna.
Did Dean Kuntz finish his house?

Bow Tie Omega
09-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Emerald Bay....Nice

Coach
09-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Land of Gracious living and almost no apartments or condos. That is what helps us out in this category. Don't forget there are also many Professional athletes who live in our community who boost these numbers. John Force, many Ducks and Angels and some old Rams. It is a nice title but $121 K would be tough if you bought a house in the last few years and have kids. Mortgage and day care might cost you at least $6000 a month or more. Now if I could just get my POS neighbor to take his Motor home and 40' boat out of his driveway. Make the us look like we live in the sticks, hell all he is missing is a car on jacks.

Baja Big Dog
09-03-2007, 09:27 AM
:eek: it's still California, and who the hell wants to live there !!!! I'd rather live on a 500 acre farm in Montana before I'd go back to the hell hole of America !!:eek:
Its a shame that more people are not as adamant as you are about living in Cali. hopefully alot of people will read your post and come to the same decision you did!!!:D
Thanks and keep up the good work...:eek:

Mrs 2LKHVSU
09-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I do love living in the "Land of Gracious Living" :D
Life is good! :D

totenhosen
09-03-2007, 03:27 PM
:eek: it's still California, and who the hell wants to live there !!!! I'd rather live on a 500 acre farm in Montana before I'd go back to the hell hole of America !!:eek:
Interesting comment coming from someone who lives in the shithole of the east valley.

Wheeler
09-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Link works..But I couldn't live on 121k..:D :D
Looking at the pic in your avatar, I imagine your Y.L. house is also very nice. Living on 120k might be difficult.
Then again, my brother still lives is Y.L. and fits right in the 120k per year and does quite nicely, he is building his new river house, 5k sq. ft. water front now.
Ps. he always was the smart one

XtrmWakeborder
09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I have to say, Yorba Linda has always been my number one when it come to a place to live, but are there places there where the houses aren't 5 feet away and don't all look the same?

Havasu1986
09-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I have to say, Yorba Linda has always been my number one when it come to a place to live, but are there places there where the houses aren't 5 feet away and don't all look the same?
There alot of huge lots here in Y.L. Mine is 10k and its about 40' between houses. Also, we have no houses across the street or behind us because the lots are tiered (sp?) into a hill. Looking up even higher up the hill I can see Tim Wallachs (ex baseball player) and listen to his kids on there play court and batting machine. They must be at least 15-20k lot size.

LOWRIVER2
09-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey Wheeler,
Your screen name is'nt Wheeler in reference to Wheeler Inn in Parker is it?
YL is a great city and one of the last in North O.C. to have R.V. parking sized lots / okay to park RV's per the city code.

XtrmWakeborder
09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
There alot of huge lots here in Y.L. Mine is 10k and its about 40' between houses. Also, we have no houses across the street or behind us because the lots are tiered (sp?) into a hill. Looking up even higher up the hill I can see Tim Wallachs (ex baseball player) and listen to his kids on there play court and batting machine. They must be at least 15-20k lot size.
Nice, i've been up there, but only seen the cookie cutter houses. I know on the other side of the freeway in anahiem hills they have some homes that have nice yards. My dads family all lives in San Clemente, Oceanside, and La Costa, but I could never pay 2,000,000 for a house that I could hear the neighbors next door and a 15 foot wide back yard with a tiny patch of grass.

Havasu1986
09-03-2007, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Havasu1986;2772713]
Nice, i've been up there, but only seen the cookie cutter houses. I know on the other side of the freeway in anahiem hills they have some homes that have nice yards. My dads family all lives in San Clemente, Oceanside, and La Costa, but I could never pay 2,000,000 for a house that I could hear the neighbors next door and a 15 foot wide back yard with a tiny patch of grass.
Y.L. has many different types of neighborhoods. Old ranch type with horse property, big houses in the Hidden Hills area and the hills where John Force is, mini mansions going up around the Black Gold golf course and some pre fabed homes. Best city that I have lived in. :) But I grew up in Bellflower.:D

Wheeler
09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey Wheeler,
Your screen name is'nt Wheeler in reference to Wheeler Inn in Parker is it?
YL is a great city and one of the last in North O.C. to have R.V. parking sized lots / okay to park RV's per the city code.
No, I have no involvement with the Inn. Wheeler was my grandfathers name, I received it at birth.

Pussywhippled
09-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Did Dean Kuntz finish his house?
I bid on doing some work at his house for some of his art pieces he has or collects, but our pricing was too high.
Amazing how people with money want stuff for free...