PDA

View Full Version : need hydaulic lift pump

gregg canavan
04-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey out there, I run a 28' Signature Offshore with 3 2.4 ltr mercs. They're all on a mercury quicksilver paralift hydraulic jack plate. Actually its three separate paralifts all bolted together with a solid plate so that all three are raised and lowered simultaneously.I put it in the water yesterday and one of the lift units let go. actually split the housing...there will be no fixing it. Does anyone have one of these units to sell? Its an integral pump/motor/piston assy, I've been told the smaller (90-100) hp motors used them for trim units. Its a single piston unit with motor and reservoir all in one. I sure wuld like to find one so I dont have to run this jack plate in the full down position like a gill bracket

Rexone
04-28-2003, 05:53 PM
If my memory serves correct the Paralift was at least at one time marketed by Bob's Machine Shop in Florida. (Hope I got that right). You might contact Bob for replacement parts. 813-645-3966

Tom Brown
04-28-2003, 09:29 PM
I'm sure the Bob's lead will bare fruit and will probably be the cheapest too but if it doesn't work out, I think most pumps for that type of equipment are made by Prestolite. I don't know specifically about the Paralift pump but you might find what you're looking for in a Prestolite catalog.
Here's an online catalog of some of that stuff.
http://www.apimarine.com/catalog/page18-20.pdf
:)
-- Tom

snappertapper
04-29-2003, 05:58 AM
they are infact a 3 cylinder trim unit, of a 90 or so. im not sure if bobs manufactured them or not but i would guess that if you go to a marine salvage yard you could prolly find a unit real cheap