PDA

View Full Version : Baby Dies After Meth Swab Is Used To Wipe His Nose

RitcheyRch
09-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Mom of the year award winner. Very sad for this little boy.
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_246163945.html
An 8-month-old boy has died after his mother told police she accidentally wiped his nose with a cotton swab used earlier to clean a methamphetamine pipe, authorities said.
Prosecutors were reviewing evidence against the infant's mother, Elizabeth Reta of Ontario, and her boyfriend, Juan Antonio Sanchez Jr., and would likely seek murder charges, police said.
The boy, Samuel Reta, was declared dead Friday at Loma Linda University Medical Center, according to the San Bernardino County Coroner's office.
The child had been in a coma since police responding to a child-not-breathing emergency call early Thursday found him in full cardiac arrest. The baby also has a fractured skull, broken arm and pneumonia, police said.
Elizabeth Reta, 27, was arrested and booked for investigation of felony child abuse. Sanchez, who surrendered to police later that night, was also arrested on suspicion of abusing the child, officials said.
Reta has told police she gave the baby a bath, and then used the cotton swab to clean his nose because it was itching, police said.
She said she didn't know the swab had been used to clean a methamphetamine pipe.
It wasn't clear when the baby suffered the broken bones. Police said some of the injuries may be the result of Sanchez's attempt to rouse the baby from his seizure.

rmarion
09-03-2007, 01:19 PM
some women (LOSERS) should not have childern..........
GODSPEED LITTLE ONE.........:(

AZJD
09-03-2007, 02:39 PM
What a fukkin crappy story. Poor little guy is better off now. :(

09-03-2007, 02:44 PM
U think they will serve time ????

09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
maybe deported TJ close

MBlaster
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I always try to rouse a baby by fracturing it's skull. :mad:
Werd...those worthess pieces of human waste need to be deaded.

al cole'holic
09-03-2007, 03:06 PM
..feels like I've got a golf ball in my throat after reading this, I've been going through alot of things lately with my little one and a story like this is shitty :(

SurfOnH20
09-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Just when you think you seen it all and now this. This drug is a menace to society and unfortunately it's only getting worse. It's friken insane !