PDA

View Full Version : Man smashes Home Depot checkout stand with pry bar he was trying to buy

sunsoaker8
09-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Man smashes Home Depot checkout stand with pry bar he was trying to buy
By BRAD WONG
P-I REPORTER
Well, let's look at it this way: At least, this guy wasn't buying a blowtorch.
But that age-old adage -- that patience is a virtue -- somehow slipped the mind of a man shopping at Home Depot on Utah Avenue South in Seattle on Thursday.
Around 9 p.m., the man was in line at a self-service checkout stand, ready to buy a pry bar and hacksaw, according to a Seattle police report.
But as a manager told an officer, the man accidentally hit the button for Spanish on the computer screen.
And that was the tipping point for this consumer.
He became "frustrated that the machine was speaking Spanish," the police report says.
So, instead of asking for customer service help, he let loose a blow with the pry bar and shattered the computer. He ran from the store and made a beeline to some nearby railroad tracks, the report said.
A Seattle police officer searched for the customer. But he had vanished.
The manager believes he caused about $10,000 in damages. He left the pry bar in his shopping cart.

Pussywhippled
09-03-2007, 05:30 PM
I think it's BS myself that we have to do our own "check out" at Home Depot. I don't work there, I'm trying to spend money not do one of their jobs.
If I check out my own items will I get a paycheck for doing it? No...
And everytime I do use the self check out somebody has to come help me anyways, cause I'm just a tard I guess.

Havasu1986
09-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Press #1 for english :D

DSW
09-03-2007, 05:38 PM
What gets me is alot of food packaging is in spanish now. I bought some bisquik to make some pancakes and I looked at the box and it was in spanish...:mad: :mad: :mad: It was bought from Bashas in Havasu. I guess thats what I get for living so close to the border now...

Jbb
09-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe Home Depot should delete the Spanish option.....after all this is America......speak ****ing english...

RitcheyRch
09-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Doubt that will ever happen. My opinion is that Home Depot caters to the illegals by not enforcing the no loitering signs all over the lot.
Maybe Home Depot should delete the Spanish option.....after all this is America......speak ****ing english...

Riomouse911
09-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I was a grocery checker for a few years right out of high school. Those old machines worked 10 times better than the new ones at Home Depot. I hate using them.

LUVNLIFE
09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Doubt that will ever happen. My opinion is that Home Depot caters to the illegals by not enforcing the no loitering signs all over the lot.
C-mon there is noone standing around by the Home Depot by mine and your house right:D Run them out on a rail;)

RitcheyRch
09-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Not sure if they near the one near where we live since I dont go there. I am boycotting Home Depot. :D
C-mon there is noone standing around by the Home Depot by mine and your house right:D Run them out on a rail;)

LUVNLIFE
09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Not sure if they near the one near where we live since I dont go there. I am boycotting Home Depot. :D
Oh are you a Lowes man:rolleyes: :D

RitcheyRch
09-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Lowes and OSH all the way baby. :D
Oh are you a Lowes man:rolleyes: :D

hoolign
09-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Quit HATIN Byhan!:D

CornWater
09-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Que???

Kachina26
09-03-2007, 08:05 PM
The man should be given a medal!!!!

KahunaJuice
09-04-2007, 12:56 AM
I've got an idea, stop blaming everybody else if you're too stupid to pick the language you speak from two choices.
Sounds good to me........................

Jbb
09-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Quit HATIN Byhan!:D
It's Brian, please make a note of it...:)

hoolign
09-04-2007, 02:21 AM
It's Brian, please make a note of it...:)
noted!:rolleyes:

badbrad
09-04-2007, 06:24 AM
F$%# home depot. went to home depot yesterday and stood in plumbing for ten min with three ass. around the corner chatting about whatever and i went to customer service with ten peeps in line. went back to plumbing and cut 25 feet of pipe out of a 100 foot length and brought it to the register. the clerk looked confused as there was no sku on it. she got the mgr and he went and checked on the item. he came back and said it was only sold in 100 foot lengths. i told him i will pay for 25feet. he had a confused look on his face as i thanked him and walked out. i drove 15 miles across town to go to lowes. i told them the story and they hear it all the time. i guess if you want a five finger discount go to the home depot. by the way they have a no chase policy.

havasu5150
09-04-2007, 06:29 AM
Apparently the customer felt this way
I also hate the self checkout. I purchased a padlock at the Lowes on 95 and Chenowrth in Havi...inserted 20 bucks into the machine was supposed to get 7 bucks change. The machine never coughed up the dough. Went to the clerk....it took about 20 minutes to get my money. (I think that they actually went in and reviewed security footage to see if I got my change) If I didn't need the lock immediately I would have told them to stick it.

YeLLowBoaT
09-04-2007, 06:49 AM
I will not use a self check out ANYWHERE... they are all over the place now. The way I see it, they are trying to pad thier bottum line... they say they pass on the savings to thier custmers...I say Bull sh*t. If they were really trying to do that then mom and pop shops would would be beating HD prices by 5-10% on most items on a regular basis.
I am all to familiar with HD, let me tell you this, its not just clerks that are idoits, its also the mangers and even district mangers. I avoid that place like the plague. Lowes is a little better, atleast they normally have some one there that is not a complete idiot.
Sadly, over the past 3-5 years many venders have become that way. I've got a list of "chain" venders that use to bend over backwards to help out thier professional custmers. They would not piss on you if you were on fire now.

1 Baja Guy
09-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Yes I agree... All the Spanish speaking people are in the parking lot trying to get work as you drive out. No need for Spanish inside maybe English outside. Just my o2