PDA

View Full Version : The ***boat Family

Kachina26
09-03-2007, 08:32 PM
We were fortunate enough to be invited onto Garrdogg's Lavey on Sunday after an awesome party at John and Michele's house. Well, we had kind of planned to do breakfast at Channel Island market and lunch somewhere else. We ended up rafting up with Todd969, Phebus, SelfMade and others. We were without food. Rudy and his lovely wife Debbie (don't know screen name) came into the cove and said they were getting ice and asked if anyone needed anything. We asked them to pick up sandwiches as we didn't pack for a raft up. They brought us sandwiches, snacks and condiments and fought us in accepting payment for said items. Later we all met at Maddogs for dinner, Stanley (SelfMade) who I had only met once before picked up the tab for all of us, at least 18 strong including the bar tab! We all chipped in for the tip. Ted and Mimi missed dinner because they towed a couple of strangers back to the ramp. I must say, I've met a lot of cool peeps here on HB, and anytime I'm on the water, I'm thankful for that.

djunkie
09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
There is definately some very generous people on this board. I swear one day I will buy that OG Shocker guy lunch. :D :D

Garrddogg
09-03-2007, 08:59 PM
It was a great day for sure! Im sorry I left erly last night I was very tiredd and pretty worried about my "Pal" Sammie..
Got up by four and on the road by seven and got home by noon
and been at the hosp ever since.. (posting from by buddies bed side in ICU now)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-03-2007, 08:59 PM
I loved that when we were stuck in Vegas with a broken trailer, I knew I could just get online and someone would help us out. Several people offered aid. I know that if we go to Mohave, Havasu, Parker or below, someone will recognize our boat and help us out or come by and say "hi". I seriously love this place. My parents and non-***boat friends don't understand, but that is their loss. I feel I could go to lots of places in this country and get assistance or just have a beer with a member from this place. Seriously, you guy and gals are the best, and I'm glad you and this forum are here.

djunkie
09-03-2007, 09:05 PM
It was a great day for sure! Im sorry I left erly last night I was very tiredd and pretty worried about my "Pal" Sammie..
I don't know the story but hope your buddy is ok Gary.

BOBALOO
09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
I want to thank Redneck (Kenny and Heather) for towing the pontoon in on Friday for us, also Shadow, Todd969, and Phebus for making their "floating living rooms" our base camp for the day.
Linda, want to go on a date?:D

Kachina26
09-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I sure hope things get better for Sammie, sorry for your pain Gary.

Redwing247
09-03-2007, 10:13 PM
We were fortunate enough to be invited onto Garrdogg's Lavey on Sunday after an awesome party at John and Michele's house. Well, we had kind of planned to do breakfast at Channel Island market and lunch somewhere else. We ended up rafting up with Todd969, Phebus, SelfMade and others. We were without food. Rudy and his lovely wife Debbie (don't know screen name) came into the cove and said they were getting ice and asked if anyone needed anything. We asked them to pick up sandwiches as we didn't pack for a raft up. They brought us sandwiches, snacks and condiments and fought us in accepting payment for said items. Later we all met at Maddogs for dinner, Stanley (SelfMade) who I had only met once before picked up the tab for all of us, at least 18 strong including the bar tab! We all chipped in for the tip. Ted and Mimi missed dinner because they towed a couple of strangers back to the ramp. I must say, I've met a lot of cool peeps here on HB, and anytime I'm on the water, I'm thankful for that.
Great to hung out with you guys... Couldn't make it to Maddogs that evening, flat tire on the boat trailer.:mad: See you guys in a couple of weeks.
Just got home...I am tired. Thanks to Todd and Rick..The jello shot always good.

EAZYKILLER2006
09-03-2007, 11:28 PM
great meeting some new faces, and seeing the old friends again...
had a great time at the party sat!
sunday we were sooo tired, we just didnt make it...

LHC30Victory
09-04-2007, 06:12 AM
Have to agree wholeheartedly with Randy....We always enjoy the quality of people at the lake. From the generous offers of transportation to the lake, to the hospitality of sharing food in the channel and homes for parties, to that COLD bottle of Don Julio (thanks Darryl :eek: ). I suspect there are many blood families that are not as warm hearted as our boating family.
And, those "gangster looking" guys we towed in turned out to be the most appreciative of any we have ever helped - bar none!! Just goes to show that ya can't tell by looking :idea: . Conversely, the people who towed a broken jetski around takeoff point (with a 16 and an 8 yr old) and left them at the Nautical ramp instead of taking them across to their family at body beach leave me speechless.

98 Vector 21
09-04-2007, 06:22 AM
It was a great weekend with great pep's....:D

GHT
09-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Sorry we missed everyone. We just stayed out of the way and hung at the Turtle. It was very quite over there we enjoyed it but did miss hanging with everyone.
Next time.:D

USCFAN
09-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Later we all met at Maddogs for dinner, Stanley (SelfMade) who I had only met once before picked up the tab for all of us, at least 18 strong including the bar tab! We all chipped in for the tip.
Selfmade= Baller :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-04-2007, 07:06 AM
I could not agree more with Randy.

That Guy
09-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I have to agree as well....we had a great weekend. Thanks to Ted and Mimi for their hospitality on Sunday (and yes the guys we towed back turned out to be very appreciative nice guys - not the gang bangers they looked like..:) ). Also thanks to Todd and Dana for letting us hang yesterday....great times and nice to meet you Randy and Lynn and thanks to Stanley for his generosity on Sunday night with dinner...great times....:D :D

Todd969
09-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Agreed with all!
Many thanks to all that hung out with us. It was a great weekend.:)

Throttle
09-05-2007, 07:12 AM
I was just bummed that I could not be with you guys Sunday, by monday most of you were gone... its always good to see everyone...

HavaSkank
09-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Oh I see how you guys are. I run into Todd, Throttle and Phebus and the only thing they offered me was a breath mint.
Bastards!

catman-do
09-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Damn, I must have been on a different planet. We just got back late last night and the only people I saw was (Throttle passing in the channel, and Stanly at McDonalds) Was up river most of the weekend though. The water south of the sandbar was so warm it wasnt even refreshing to jump in.

phebus
09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Damn, I must have been on a different planet. We just got back late last night and the only people I saw was (Throttle passing in the channel, and Stanly at McDonalds) Was up river most of the weekend though. The water south of the sandbar was so warm it wasnt even refreshing to jump in.
Shut your pie hole, and get back out here for the RRX Regatta. I'll buy you and your wife a drink. :D