PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Boat

Surmike
09-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Just got the call that my 2001 DCB Mach26 Open Bow Orange Purple Grey on a Purple triple axle Extreme trailer was stolen in Havasu this weekend. Any ifo on the where abouts would be great. Please contact myself at 505-264-6138 or Matt at Smugglers Inc 928-846-1100
Pics attatched and reward offered.
Has a blown 454 w/ a 8-71 Blower Shop Blower. Block is painted Purple to match boat and has Gil Offshore exhaust and a Bravo 1 drive.
Trailer is Purple w/ polished Provressive rims and 2 Black rims for spares mounted on front of trailer.

Ms.Havasu
09-04-2007, 09:16 AM
We live here full time and will keep our eye out.
SO sorry to hear it.

Surmike
09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Thank you I just can't beleive this has happened. Just read another post that a Warlock was also stolen this weekend.
But all the help is appreciated
Thanks Mike

OGShocker
09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38592&d=1188925600
Sonzabitches!
Hope you get her back soon...

Mrs.Racer277
09-04-2007, 09:25 AM
We will keep an eye out on our way home today. Sorry to hear.:mad:

yopengo
09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38593&d=1188925703

Surmike
09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Motor pics

yopengo
09-04-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38594&d=1188926743
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38595&d=1188926856
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38596&d=1188926949

MissB
09-04-2007, 09:38 AM
That's horrible. will keep an eye out. Hope it turns up.
MIss B

dunaholic
09-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Where was this boat stolen from?

Quest4Fun
09-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Please give more details about how/when/where she went missing. I know in the other thread you mentioned it was stolen from a shop...which one and when?
I live in Havasu and will keep my eyes out, but I would guess it has left the area.

Surmike
09-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Ok so heres what I know so far is that it was for sale at Smugglers Inc and was taken to one of the local shops to have some work done on it probably with in the last two weeks or so and disappeared over this weekend. I'm still trying to get the exact shop and location and will post as soon as I get that info.
The shop called and told Smugglers inc that it at been locked up and chained over the weekend and that the chains had been cut???

andy01
09-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Ok so heres what I know so far is that it was for sale at Smugglers Inc and was taken to one of the local shops to have some work done on it probably with in the last two weeks or so and disappeared over this weekend. I'm still trying to get the exact shop and location and will post as soon as I get that info.
The shop called and told Smugglers inc that it at been locked up and chained over the weekend and that the chains had been cut???
So Smugglers Inc. takes YOUR boat to a shop and doesn't tell you who/or where it is? Arn't they a pretty new brokerage out there? Boy that is a tuff deal for them, I hope you had the proper insurance. You should always know where your boat is and who has it. Why was it there for a couple of weeks? Man good luck, the cops are going to open a investigation on this one...................... Plus the "chained up" part is so the shop is not liable for your boat, they took the proper measures to insure your boat was secure.
Andy

wedge44
09-04-2007, 10:20 AM
look for movement to a nearby storage facility....easy for stripdown of needed parts and such....just an Idea on wear to start the search...wedge

Surmike
09-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Well Smugglers took it to the shop they felt comfortable with I am told but I haven't gotten all the details on it yet since my contact out there is on his way back into Havi and cell service was breaking up. I know they got estimates in the last few weeks for some work I wanted done and the parts just came in from what I'm being told. Story may not be exact but thats what I got this morning when I got the call.
And yes I have the boat fully insured for full value.
This is the last thing I would have expected to happen in Havi but this is me we are talking about. What next I get hit by lightening??? Ha HA
Anyone every go through this type of thing Not sure how to deal w/ it on one hand I'm pissed on the other I'm confused. and not sure what to direct to who on this situation. And who is liable for it all??

Surmike
09-04-2007, 10:46 AM
It makes it even harder being six hundred miles away.:confused: :confused:

jdogginla
09-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I would think that Smugglers is liable....would be hard to think that they are not. Boat was in their possession on a commission deal unless I am missing something.

Hardly Satisfied
09-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear, hope someone's see's it around.

Quest4Fun
09-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Something seems fishy here. :eek:

Starloans
09-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I think I saw that boat in the ally behind JC Marine late last week. I live behind Sunshine RV which is on Maricopa beside JC Marine. I think it was there a couple of days. If that was it, it was sitting outside of a secured area during the day. I didn't notice to see if it was inside at night. I don't recall JC Marine leaving any boats outside at night. I think the RV dealer has night security and cameras.
Although I don't own a boat now, I did own a DCB for a couple of years.:)
Good luck getting your boat back.

Classic Daycruiser
09-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Big weekends make it very easy to drive a boat like that out of town. How many boats are in Havasu on labor day....100's...if not 1000's
How long does it take to hitch up a boat like that and drive away...not long.
Kinda of interesting a business would call themselfs Smugglers Inc. Have no video equipment to capture the thief...etc.... Even if Smugglers is not responsible, they still could be involved in other way's. :D :D :D
Low jack...low jack?

WYRD
09-04-2007, 11:24 AM
:idea: :idea:

Surmike
09-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I just spoke w/ BoatPI from the boards who did confirm that the boat was taken from JC Marine with whom I am currently trying to get in touch w/ for the facts. I am also surprised to hear that it was parked in the alley over there.
Starloans do you know if this a veiwable area at the shop or is it out of everyones site. Just wondering for my ouwn info.
Thanks for the info, anymore would be appreciated before I begin to make the long drive for the rest of the facts!!!

Starloans
09-04-2007, 12:33 PM
For the most part, the ally behind the shop is out of view, at least from highway 95. There is a vacant lot on the other side of the ally with a house on the far side of the lot backing towards the shop. There are doors on the back of the shop facing the ally with a forklift standing by. It appears that they store boats inside at night and then move them out back during the day which I believed would be the case with most shops I've seen in town. There is a boat in the ally right now with a cover on it. Unfortunatly I don't think it's yours. They also have a chain link fenced area on the south side of the shop with several boats in there. There is a business on the north side of the shop (stone and stucco business), a street (Melrose), then the RV dealership. As I said before I think the RV dealer has night security and cameras on poles. Not sure if your boat was stolen at night or not.
They do have 2-3 boats out front which I believe are for sale and remains there at night.
Hope that helps.

Surmike
09-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Per the shop where it was they say it was locked up in the yard and the locks where cut. Also verified report has been filed w/ PD

Baja Big Dog
09-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Well thank god it was FULLY INSURED!!

Surmike
09-05-2007, 07:09 AM
So I'm being told that there have been a few tips given and PD is currently checking them out as of this morning. Should get a call back shortly.

Surmike
09-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Is there possibly anyone in Havi free right now to run by site 6 and snap some pics of possibly my boat?? if so let me know thanks.
Got a call that it may have been found there!!
Mike 505-264-6138

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Is there possibly anyone in Havi free right now to run by site 6 and snap some pics of possibly my boat?? if so let me know thanks.
Got a call that it may have been found there!!
Mike 505-264-6138
Did you find someone to take pics for you??
WTF at site 6?? In the water?

Surmike
09-05-2007, 09:10 AM
No one as of yet but I just got a call from PD and they did recover it and the trailer. Only details they gave was it was in the water and the trailer was possibly in the parking lot not sure of the over all condition.
So it looks like I'm gonna be making the 7hr drive today to go check it out.
It should be on it's way to JC Marine per the officer.
Thanks to everyone for their help.

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2007, 09:11 AM
No one as of yet but I just got a call from PD and they did recover it and the trailer. Only details they gave was it was in the water and the trailer was possibly in the parking lot not sure of the over all condition.
So it looks like I'm gonna be making the 7hr drive today to go check it out.
It should be on it's way to JC Marine per the officer.
Thanks to everyone for their help.
So it is currently at site 6?
Someone just took it for a joy ride?? :confused:

Surmike
09-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Not really sure but from the info I got it should be at site 6 and that they were gonna move it to JC's and couldn't tell me what the condition was or the circumstances in which it was found??
This makes this even more frustrating for me now.

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Not really sure but from the info I got it should be at site 6 and that they were gonna move it to JC's and couldn't tell me what the condition was or the circumstances in which it was found??
This makes this even more frustrating for me now.
BigDoug is on his way down to site 6 right now. I am sure you will hear something from him shortly. Or I will and let you know.
Glad to hear they found the boat.

rocket98
09-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I hope that this is great news. I don't know what I'd do in this situation. Good Karma:) :) :) :) :)

Insurance God
09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I would think that Smugglers is liable....would be hard to think that they are not. Boat was in their possession on a commission deal unless I am missing something.
It sounds like the boat was found...
You are correct. If it was in Smugglers "care custody & control", then it would be their insurance paying up (assuming they have insurance).

Surmike
09-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Thank you Mrs.Racer277I I will wait to hear

Surmike
09-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Info just spoke w/ PD again and they did find the boat beached w/ plugs pulled and water in back half of hull w/ motor partially dismanteled and stereo system missing. Not sure about anything else yet

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Thank you Mrs.Racer277I I will wait to hear
So far cops are in the boat....So this is just what I can tell you blower is off, but still in the boat, dusting for prints, radio gone. The outside looks OK from what they can tell. No prop

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Info just spoke w/ PD again and they did find the boat beached w/ plugs pulled and water in back half of hull w/ motor partially dismanteled and stereo system missing. Not sure about anything else yet
Lots of prints all over??
The boat is still draining.

riverliver
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Maybe they should have a talk to the a**hole that tried to steal SVO540 Mach DCB a few weeks ago and find out who this As*wipes friends are.

Surmike
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Thank you so much for the info!!!!
I owe you guys a beer when I get there

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Thank you so much for the info!!!!
I owe you guys a beer when I get there
You owe BigDoug....

squirt'nmyload
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM
glad they found it.....this sounds like a tweaker job or just someone with a big set of nads :D

Cheaper To Keep Him
09-05-2007, 10:46 AM
That Boat was parked on holy just down the street from my friends yard on Saturday i believe no locks no truck, i thought it was odd for a boat that nice to be sitting there all by itself especially being that it was around 4 pm. if you nedd pm me and ill give you my #

Surmike
09-05-2007, 10:50 AM
glad they found it.....this sounds like a tweaker job or just someone with a big set of nads
My thoughts exactly

HemiDude
09-05-2007, 11:03 AM
POS tweakers probably. Get the rope!:devil:
Glad you got your boat back. Goes to show you can't trust anyone with your property, even dealers and service providers. They should certainly be held accountable for keeping a customer's pride and joy safe, otherwise it could be (should be) bad for their business....

HPBoats83
09-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Glad they found your boat. Sorry you had to go through this in the first place. POS theives.

OGShocker
09-05-2007, 11:33 AM
You owe BigDoug....
You owe your boss a full days work..:D
Surmike,
Glad they found the boat! Best of luck to you!

BoatPI
09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Glad to see that surmikes boat is found. Most boats stolen just prior to holiday weekends are for joy rides, as aparently this one was used for.
IF ANYONE HAS INFO LHPD IS ACTIVELY WORKING THIS INVESTIGATION-PLEASE CALL SGT. STRLING AT 928/680-5475, ASK FOR HIS EXTENSION.
And please do not discuss any info that you may have online, way too many ears online.
I m not working this claim, just helping out HB peep.
Thanks.

Quest4Fun
09-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry, but like I said before something seems fishy here. I would seriously reconsider having JC Marine have that boat back. From earlier posts it sounds as if the boat was seen parked out-back and not locked up. Did they leave the keys in it too? Maybe an inside job, or someone watching that shop and knows the routine? There's lots of other shops in town.

Surmike
09-05-2007, 12:27 PM
If anyone has a shop that they would recommend over another I'm open to suggestions. I spoke w/ the Insurance Co. and need to get this thing in for an extensive repair estimate and am not real familiar w/ the local shops.
I'm not letting my suspicions run wild but do have some unanswered questions about this whole thing.
Let me know who you would use if it was your boat.

jdogginla
09-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry, but like I said before something seems fishy here. I would seriously reconsider having JC Marine have that boat back. From earlier posts it sounds as if the boat was seen parked out-back and not locked up. Did they leave the keys in it too? Maybe an inside job, or someone watching that shop and knows the routine? There's lots of other shops in town.
This is ot that uncommon.....I drive past Teague every day and every morning I pass them they have moved 5-7 boats outside into the parking lot and by the time I drive home they are back in the enclosed yard. They don't have the room needed during the day...when they close shop they pack em in there. Are they accountable.....yes. Inside job...doubt it.
just my .02

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/17899PICT0001.jpg
Here you go :(

squirt'nmyload
09-05-2007, 01:02 PM
that pisses me off to see that. nice spot for the blower. what fukkin pieces of shit. so they just found the boat half sunk in the water with noone around????

USCFAN
09-05-2007, 01:06 PM
For someone to take a boat on a joyride, in Havasu, on a holiday weekend takes a HUGE set of nuts. Do you not worry about someone who knows the boat owner seeing you?

Surmike
09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
This just makes me too sad to see it like this. After I spent the last few years getting it to where it was. Now this!!!

whiteworks
09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I dont know how you guys feel but if someone stole my boat I would hope to never see it again. this is pretty disturbing looking at the hatch all flipped over backwards and knowing that someones has been tearing sht out of the boat with no regaurd. fockin tweaks what ever they took out of the boat will most likely get swappeed around for dope. I hope they get some bad shit and die.

IDRPSTF
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
This is the first chance I have had to get to a computer sence Tuesday mornings call. I was trailering my horses back to CA when Greg at JC rang and told me the bad news. I immediatly got ike on the phone and backtracked 200 miles back to Havasu, horses and all. I was in the air by 2:00 flying around in a windstorm at 500 feet over your houses to et a birds eye view and not let someone get away with this. Let me address a common concern right now... I didnt stop to worry about insurance, liabuility and coverage, I wanted to catch a thief, not place the blame.
After two hours in the air we had to land due to weather, we had been up about an hour too long already and everyone was sick.
My wife and I searched all night last evening and into the morning. I am going to leave the rest of the story open for a day or two and pan on having an ending worth reading about.
I will close now with this:
1. The boat as been in my indoor alarmed showroom from day one and Mike and I agreed to have part of he boat upgraded for no more than acertain price, this had to be done as part of the sale.
2. Greg and Chris at JC Marine did not take advantage of the rush timing to get the boat completed and gave a price that would have saved Mike thousands over the compitition. As for the quality of work... have you seen Chris's blue boat???
3. JC had the boat stored in a gated, chained, locked area.
4. And finally, if someone wants something bad enough they will get it. Someone wanted Mikes boat so bad they cut a lock and went night boating...
Now along with JC Marine, Lake Havasu PD and Mike as a client, I want the people that did this so bad I have put on over 1000 miles of travel and am on my way back from CA within the hour to finish what these guys started.
To be continued!

IDRPSTF
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
This is the first chance I have had to get to a computer sence Tuesday mornings call. I was trailering my horses back to CA when Greg at JC rang and told me the bad news. I immediatly got ike on the phone and backtracked 200 miles back to Havasu, horses and all. I was in the air by 2:00 flying around in a windstorm at 500 feet over your houses to et a birds eye view and not let someone get away with this. Let me address a common concern right now... I didnt stop to worry about insurance, liabuility and coverage, I wanted to catch a thief, not place the blame.
After two hours in the air we had to land due to weather, we had been up about an hour too long already and everyone was sick.
My wife and I searched all night last evening and into the morning. I am going to leave the rest of the story open for a day or two and pan on having an ending worth reading about.
1. The boat as been in my indoor alarmed showroom from day one and Mike and I agreed to have part of he boat upgraded for no more than acertain price, this had to be done as part of the sale.
2. Greg and Chris at JC Marine did not take advantage of the rush timing to get the boat completed and gave a price that would have saved Mike thousands over the compitition. As for the quality of work... have you seen Chris's blue boat???
4. And finally, if someone wants something bad enough they will get it. Someone wanted Mikes boat so bad they cut a lock and went night boating...
Now along with JC Marine, Lake Havasu PD and Mike as a client, I want the people that did this so bad I have put on over 1000 miles of travel and am on my way back from CA within the hour to finish what these guys started.
To be continued!

RitcheyRch
09-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Glad to hear they found the boat but sucks to see what some POS scum bag did to it.

SVO 540
09-05-2007, 05:02 PM
The crime against me may help in catching these suspects. I am not sure if Lake Havasu PD has connected the dots but here are two to connect.
My 2001 DCB Mach 26 with a blower motor (sound familiar) was stolen and later recovered in Havasu three sundays ago. The suspect in my crime is now sitting in the Mohave County Jail going through the justice system. I believe 4 individual were involved in the theft of my boat but only one was captured. The individuals not captured may have been involved in this theft and it is possible the guy sitting in jail knows who they are. The suspect in my crime needs to be questioned!!!!!! Below is the thread on my crime and included in the first post is the police report. Anyone wishing to explore a possible connection should PM me.
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160806

Surmike
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't want everyone to get the wrong idea about these two local business's. I personally feel they have both done all that they can and more given the situation. Smugglers Inc has never given me any reason to doubt them in the past nor now and from what I have seen and heard from JC Marine's owners I feel they are just stuck in the mudd the same as I am at this point.
Just my .02 to those who are wondering
Once again thanks too everyone in the recovery of my baby!!!

SVO 540
09-05-2007, 05:05 PM
The crime against me may help in catching these suspects. I am not sure if Lake Havasu PD has connected the dots but here are two to connect.
My 2001 DCB Mach 26 with a blower motor (sound familiar) was stolen and later recovered in Havasu three sundays ago. The suspect in my crime is now sitting in the Mohave County Jail going through the justice system. I believe 4 individual were involved in the theft of my boat but only one was captured. The individuals not captured may have been involved in this theft and it is possible the guy sitting in jail knows who they are. The suspect in my crime needs to be questioned!!!!!! Below is the thread on my crime and included in the first post is the police report. Anyone wishing to explore a possible connection should PM me.
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160806

BoatPI
09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Lat's not get into the blame and pointing finger issue with boat repair facalties and dealers. And doing so without any knowledge of the facts in this theft is just not right. Like others i know the owners at J.C., and they are straight up dudes. Most in Havasu are. But sh*t happens. I dont go on HB and start a thread bitching about every claim that I worked that began at a boat lot, or repair facility. Generally some crook , tweaker, ex con, parolee, or idiot comes along and just steals a boat, ect. Maybe this hit the tune since it is a DCB, so be it.
But I have NEVER investigated a claim where the owner had a Masterlock or Gorilla lock tongue lock, the cast style. NONE! Yes they can be defeated, but not withpout some time and noise!
So should we, or I, blame owners of $200K boats for being so cheap, or lazy, as to not purchase these $40 locks. The answer is obvious, SH*t happens, and sometimes in an hour or two, or by cutting chains and locks.
What I am NOT happy about is the general lack of DVR's and cameras at most Havasu businesses. Can you imagine if they ALL had these $700 systems up and running. Alot of croops would be identified sooner along with their vehicles.
My 2 cents.

phebus
09-05-2007, 07:07 PM
To be continued!
Very stand up of you to do what you did. I hope someday to do business with you.

WishIknew
09-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Maybe they should talk to Brian Diez EX Majic employee turned THEIF!!!!!!!!

Rocky
09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Looks like they got your external steering also :mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Ttt

BigDoug
09-06-2007, 08:30 AM
That Brian Diaz has a boat for sale on "Dragboats.com" with his phone # listed as well, give him a call and ask him straight out !! :D

lalhc
09-06-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm glad to her your boat was recovered. I have used JC Marine for several years now to service my boat. Both Greg & Chris are stand-up guys and have never done me wrong. I trust them w/servicing and storing my Conquest while I'm in California.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Looks like they got your external steering also :mad:
No, I don't believe they did. I don't think Mike ever got around to installing it. It had external steering before Mike bought it without an engine, drive or transom assy.

IDRPSTF
09-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I went through the boat with Mike this afternoon. I am being carefull what I post as I do not want to interfear with the local PD's job. But I will add a few things we are looking for. The first will make you sick!!!
1. I believe a child was aboard the boat for the joyrides. One Spiderman child sized sock left behind, one toy squirt gun, child sized Coca Cola cup and Toy Terrible Herbst Truck (In the Box and you can only buy them at Terrible Herbst Gas Stations that have cameras!!! and a few other items.
2. Suspects Smoked Marlboro Reds purchased at Walgreens
3. Bag of Anchovies ???? Who eats anchovies?
4. Lots of other items left on board.
The boat was on tour through Havasu Sunday evening
Walgreens and Terribles
The Boat was near site 6 and probably launched from site 6.
Witnesses are appreciated
The repair process has begun and the boat will be good as new again. It was not sunk as reports said. Plugs had been pulled but it was run too far up the beach to slip back in.
Anyone in town that has purchased a clerion stereo with big speakers or a 4 blade 28P stainless prop at a better than average price should step up. If you know the owners of prop shops ring there phones off the hook please.
If anyone has pull with the managment at Terribles and can ask them to review that nights tapes it would be a big help.
The Police have 5 detectives working this case and may very well dazzle us all, but we are still a community and communities pull together to take care of their own. Please help. If you saw this boat on the road or the water please step up and call the LHPD.
Thank you!

Lavey29
09-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I hope those dirt bags get caught. Check E-bay just in case the stolen items get listed there. I, personally would lean towards an inside job. Some low wage employee came back with a friend or two and cut the chains and took the boat. I would ask the PD to maybe check to see if there are any connections to any employees there and the other guy who is already in custody for stealing the other DCB. I would check to see who has visited that guy in custody and maybe monitor/record his phone calls from jail to see who he is talking with on the outside. In my opinion, there mey be a connection between the two DCB boats that were stolen...good luck...
Marc

707dog
09-06-2007, 06:23 PM
damn man sorry to hear about the boat glad its back in your poss's...i was just showing my better half your 4 sale ad a few days ago:( boy havi has got some serious issues with these boat jackers...good luck to all !!

Ion
09-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Anchovies are used as bait, so it's possible that fishing was on their agenda for the day.

HemiDude
09-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I hope those dirt bags get caught. Check E-bay just in case the stolen items get listed there. I, personally would lean towards an inside job. Some low wage employee came back with a friend or two and cut the chains and took the boat. I would ask the PD to maybe check to see if there are any connections to any employees there and the other guy who is already in custody for stealing the other DCB. I would check to see who has visited that guy in custody and maybe monitor/record his phone calls from jail to see who he is talking with on the outside. In my opinion, there mey be a connection between the two DCB boats that were stolen...good luck...
Marc
Check CraigsList.org also, tweakers like this site to unload...

ULTRA26 # 1
09-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I went through the boat with Mike this afternoon. I am being carefull what I post as I do not want to interfear with the local PD's job. But I will add a few things we are looking for. The first will make you sick!!!
1. I believe a child was aboard the boat for the joyrides. One Spiderman child sized sock left behind, one toy squirt gun, child sized Coca Cola cup and Toy Terrible Herbst Truck (In the Box and you can only buy them at Terrible Herbst Gas Stations that have cameras!!! and a few other items.
2. Suspects Smoked Marlboro Reds purchased at Walgreens
4. Lots of other items left on board.
The boat was on tour through Havasu Sunday evening
Walgreens and Terribles
The Boat was near site 6 and probably launched from site 6.
Witnesses are appreciated
The repair process has begun and the boat will be good as new again. It was not sunk as reports said. Plugs had been pulled but it was run too far up the beach to slip back in.
Anyone in town that has purchased a clerion stereo with big speakers or a 4 blade 28P stainless prop at a better than average price should step up. If you know the owners of prop shops ring there phones off the hook please.
If anyone has pull with the managment at Terribles and can ask them to review that nights tapes it would be a big help.
The Police have 5 detectives working this case and may very well dazzle us all, but we are still a community and communities pull together to take care of their own. Please help. If you saw this boat on the road or the water please step up and call the LHPD.
Thank you!
The part of this that keeps puzzling me is why would someone tow a stolen boat all over town, tow it across the bridge, launch it, take it for a joy ride, and then beach it, steal the stereo, take the blower off and leave it in the boat, and then pull the plugs. I guess those tweakers enjoy getting caught and going to jail. :confused:
I guess with this type of deal it takes all kinds.
Someone here should have noticed a 26' DCB being paraded across town Sun night being towed by a tweaker pick up. The town was still fairly packed Sun night. Someone posted that they saw this boat unhooked and parked in a neighborhood Sat afternoon. Maybe out for a test drive??

Lavey29
09-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Well, maybe they know the owner is out of town and what the shop hours for the business are so they feel no one will notice it missing or recognize it on the road. They probably left items in the boat like the blower because they got nervous or scared off as they were stripping various things to steal. Maybe they felt they were being watched or saw someone near by on a cell phone possibly calling the PD and it spooked them so they took off. I wonder if they can do a Lojack, teletrack or Onstar type system on a boat for locating purposes in case it gets jacked. Seems like the companies could offer something for minimal monthly fee.

BOBALOO
09-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I just saw that Dewalt has a transmitter that uses cellular and gps to locate. It has a motion sensor, and door trigger built in. The distributor told me it costs about 480$ and the service is 20$ per mo. Looked pretty cool and is completely portable. Just call in to activate/deactivate.
Dewalt Mobilelock
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:KUCF6B_4I2KRMM:http://www.atlantichomejournal

ULTRA26 # 1
09-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, maybe they know the owner is out of town and what the shop hours for the business are so they feel no one will notice it missing or recognize it on the road. They probably left items in the boat like the blower because they got nervous or scared off as they were stripping various things to steal. Maybe they felt they were being watched or saw someone near by on a cell phone possibly calling the PD and it spooked them so they took off. I wonder if they can do a Lojack, teletrack or Onstar type system on a boat for locating purposes in case it gets jacked. Seems like the companies could offer something for minimal monthly fee.
That's probabally it. They must have removed the plugs before they started striping it?? If they took this boat for a joy ride, they must hung out to let the engine cool down before taking the blower off. Blowers get hot. It's all puzzling to me. Also, still curious why the boat was parked on the street at 4:00 p.m. on Sat. on Holy, which doesn't appear to be anywhere near JC. ???
Boat's can definately have LoJack. No different than a car. About $500 one time fee.

BoatPI
09-07-2007, 03:53 PM
"The part of this that keeps puzzling me is why would someone tow a stolen boat all over town, tow it across the bridge, launch it, take it for a joy ride, and then beach it, steal the stereo, take the blower off and leave it in the boat, and then pull the plugs. I guess those tweakers enjoy getting caught and going to jail. "
ANSWER-TWEAKERS!!!!!

Lavey29
09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I just saw that Dewalt has a transmitter that uses cellular and gps to locate. It has a motion sensor, and door trigger built in. The distributor told me it costs about 480$ and the service is 20$ per mo. Looked pretty cool and is completely portable. Just call in to activate/deactivate.
Dewalt Mobilelock
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:KUCF6B_4I2KRMM:http://www.atlantichomejournal
Looks like a nice piece. I wonder if it runs off batteries or is hard wired in some way.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Looks like a nice piece. I wonder if it runs off batteries or is hard wired in some way.
It appears to run from batteries
http://www.dewalt.com/us/security/mobilelock/

Got Lime?
09-07-2007, 05:30 PM
This is a little more costly solution, but it might be worth looking into...
http://www.gpsfast.com/gps_marine_tracking/index.html

Surmike
09-09-2007, 01:16 PM
This is the first time I've had access to a computer since I left for Havi Wednesday nite. I did get to see the boat and it wasn't a site I will soon forget. The good thing is it is in very good hands and will be back together very soon. I will not say what shop its at for safety reasons but I will say it has been moved!!
I still have my questions and doubts about how and why this happened. And really appreciate everyones help in this matter.
The one big question for me is on a holiday weekend in Havi how can a boat and most of all a DCB sit on the shore line around site 6 from sometime Sunday till Wednesday morning without raising any suspicions and or calling any attention to it with plugs pulled and rear hatch wide open for all to see???
This is just one of the Big Questions I have that most likely will never be answered.
I just hope that no one else has to go through what we have been through in the past week. It took all I had not to go nuts while in Havasu knowing these people were walking around town possible right next to us!!!
I will keep you all posted on the progress of the investigation as it happens. Unfortunately there are a lot of details pending right know due to the ongoing investigation!!
Thanks to you all for your help and support.
Mike

ULTRA26 # 1
09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
This is the first time I've had access to a computer since I left for Havi Wednesday nite. I did get to see the boat and it wasn't a site I will soon forget. The good thing is it is in very good hands and will be back together very soon. I will not say what shop its at for safety reasons but I will say it has been moved!!
I still have my questions and doubts about how and why this happened. And really appreciate everyones help in this matter.
The one big question for me is on a holiday weekend in Havi how can a boat and most of all a DCB sit on the shore line around site 6 from sometime Sunday till Wednesday morning without raising any suspicions and or calling any attention to it with plugs pulled and rear hatch wide open for all to see???
This is just one of the Big Questions I have that most likely will never be answered.
I just hope that no one else has to go through what we have been through in the past week. It took all I had not to go nuts while in Havasu knowing these people were walking around town possible right next to us!!!
I will keep you all posted on the progress of the investigation as it happens. Unfortunately there are a lot of details pending right know due to the ongoing investigation!!
Mike
Mike,
In my opinion it isn't possible. There are too many concerned boaters that would have tried to help.

Surmike
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
That's what I would think and I know if it was me I would have been concerned big weekend or not I guess I make it a point to check out all boats I see in odd places/ situations.
hope others do too??

ULTRA26 # 1
09-09-2007, 06:49 PM
That's what I would think and I know if it was me I would have been concerned big weekend or not I guess I make it a point to check out all boats I see in odd places/ situations.
hope others do too??
Mike,
I don't know a Havasu boater that wouldn't have checked the situation out. The hatch alone was a huge attention getter. Way too complicated, IMO

TCHB
09-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Real scum bags in town. Lets hope they catch them soon.
I am glad to hear your boat is being repaired.

cola
09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I would think they kept it stashed or dumped it and another tweeker found it & took what they wanted also. Kind of like Vultures these tweekers now days. No way that boat sat like that for 3 days. Kill them all & let God sort it out.:mad:
Mike

HemiDude
09-09-2007, 09:20 PM
I would think they kept it stashed or dumped it and another tweeker found it & took what they wanted also. Kind of like Vultures these tweekers now days. No way that boat sat like that for 3 days. Kill them all & let God sort it out.:mad:
Mike
:idea: :D :D :D :D :D :D

WishIknew
09-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Mike
EXACTLY!!!!!!F**KEN TWEAKERS!!!!!!!!! P S Its Never the tweakers fault just ask them!!!!!!!

thatguy
09-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Mike
Exactly, or when the first scums were done they called their buddy's and said "Hey, we are done with it, come get what you want."
I do think it is a mistake to assume everyone is a tweaker though. Never underestimate the enemy. Just makes it harder to catch them!
Tommy

ULTRA26 # 1
09-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Exactly, or when the first scums were done they called their buddy's and said "Hey, we are done with it, come get what you want."
I do think it is a mistake to assume everyone is a tweaker though. Never underestimate the enemy. Just makes it harder to catch them!
Tommy
I think it is a mistake to assume that this is all about tweakers. Way to complicated.

OKIE-JET
09-10-2007, 06:51 AM
I think it is a mistake to assume that this is all about tweakers. Way to complicated.
My thoughts exactly.

Big Warlock
09-10-2007, 06:55 AM
I can't get past the Five detectives on the case!!! Does Havasu have five detectives???? :eek:

phebus
09-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Sounds more like a bunch of bumbling idiots to me. After all, what did they get, a prop and some stereo gear? Hardly worth the risk.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-10-2007, 07:24 AM
I can't get past the Five detectives on the case!!! Does Havasu have five detectives???? :eek:
Good question. Under normal LE conditions, one detective would be more than sufficient. Havasu PD must be way over staffed. Insurance company investigators are no doubt working on this case, as well.

cola
09-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Tommy
To me a tweeker is a asshole without job. I don't care what keeps him from a productive life.
Mike

ULTRA26 # 1
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Sounds more like a bunch of bumbling idiots to me. After all, what did they get, a prop and some stereo gear? Hardly worth the risk.
I agree, mission was not accomplished.

thatguy
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
To me a tweeker is a asshole without job. I don't care what keeps him from a productive life.
Mike
I always thought that a tweaker was a meth head who could no longer recognize reality. (Or chew solid food!)
I have been labeled an asshole for most of my adult life. And have been unemployed at times. But I never have been a "tweaker".
A true tweaker would not have a vehicle capable of towing a DCB, or any other kind of boat. And even if they did, they could NEVER manage to hook it up or go in a place of business for supplies. They certainly would have no money for purchasing supplies.
Point is, if you are looking for tweaker's, you probably won't find your thieves.
Just my .02
Tommy

squirt'nmyload
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
too complicated???.....no way, when those people are all wacked out they could or at least they think that they can accomplish anything.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I always thought that a tweaker was a meth head who could no longer recognize reality. (Or chew solid food!)
I have been labeled an asshole for most of my adult life. And have been unemployed at times. But I never have been a "tweaker".
A true tweaker would not have a vehicle capable of towing a DCB, or any other kind of boat. And even if they did, they could NEVER manage to hook it up or go in a place of business for supplies. They certainly would have no money for purchasing supplies.
Point is, if you are looking for tweaker's, you probably won't find your thieves.
Just my .02
Tommy
IMO, in this case your .02 might be worth much more. :D
too complicated???.....no way, when those people are all wacked out they could or at least they think that they can accomplish anything.
Just curious how one gains this knowledge?

phebus
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't think a professional thief would steal the boat and then launch and use it. Forkin' idiots I say.

squirt'nmyload
09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Just curious how one gains this knowledge?
unfortunately i had a roomate several years ago that started using meth recreationaly, after a short period of time he became a full blown tweaker. he lost his job, spent the day taking things apart to never put them back together, peeking out windows, and thinking that his real friends were out to get him. we tried to get him help but i eventually had to throw him out when he would come home with just about everything that was worth money. (wheels, car stereos, tv's, lifts for trucks, etc) he eventually went and got help and has told me some crazy stories about him and some others stealing cars, trucks, motorcycles and doing just about anything to get what they wanted and never once though about getting caught. by looking at him you would've never known he was abusing drugs either. i havn't seen or heard from him in a couple years but last i heard he was doing great.

squirt'nmyload
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
double post....

ULTRA26 # 1
09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't think a professional thief would steal the boat and then launch and use it. Forkin' idiots I say.
Neither do I, and I agree about it being idiots.

IDRPSTF
09-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Good question. Under normal LE conditions, one detective would be more than sufficient. Havasu PD must be way over staffed. Insurance company investigators are no doubt working on this case, as well.
Insurance investigators are trying to find out how much it will cost to put humpty dumpty back together again.
Alot of people are posting about having big enough stones or being so stupid as to pop a lock, hook up to a $70,000 boat go to get gas, go to get food and cigarettes, take the boat to the ramp, launch it, and then go boating for an evening. Do not overestimate the lack of respect and confidence in the inabuility of local law enforcment! NM numbers had been changed to AZ. NM plates swaped to CA. A yellow tow cover thrown over the boat. The thieves did not care about getting caught... they prepared for it. They cared about if the cop who caught them was smarter than they were.
I was on the phone with the first officer when he found the boat "I found your boat... its half sunk but meets the description to a tee". "Oh wait... this isnt it, it says this is a Rinker from Arizona... I'll keep looking".
Or better yet:
"I think this could be your trailer... Purple...Twin black Mag spare tires at a 45...Oh wait... Its a California plate...Not yours"
I would say the thieves have had dealings with Havasu PD in the past. They knew what they were up against and had little to no fear.
How was the boat found?
How was the trailer found?
Who did it?
Where did they run and hide?
Lesson number one of stealing boats...
DONT STEAL FROM PROFFESIONAL THIEFS AND EXPECT TO GET AWAY!!!
Before starting SmugglersInc I owned a third placement collections agency in California. That means if you default on a loan its 1st place collections. The bank cant find you or the property it goes to 2nd place collections, when they give up the bank writes the property off as a loss and outsources a hopeless file to 3rd place. If its been on the run and knows someone is looking for it... I would find it.
I had the boat and trailer found at the exact location our investigator led us to 23.5 hours after Greg called from JC to say it was gone.
I am more confident now more than ever that the 5 detectives working this case will instill confidence in the taxpayers, residents and vacationers to Lake Havasu City in a short period of time.
They hold in there hands the gift of information given by those who expect results to feel safe doing business in town and contributing to this economy.
More investigation could have been done and more results found from private individuals.
I handed off the information I had to local detectives and explained to Mike that I am sorry for his situation. I can tell you all that Mike is a stand up person for how he has handled this mess. I am not sure if LE has reached hime yet to reassure him they will catch everyone involved, but they should have by now.
As a business owner I feel I have done everything possible to make this situation right and built peoples confidence back to have me sell there merchandise.
As a person I feel that paying a PI was the right thing to do to expidite getting a boat back to its owner asap.
The hardest descision to make was handing the information to LE. How bad would you have wanted to wait till the owner gets to town and bust heads if you were in my shoes?
For now I'll wait and see what LE will do and dodge reporters.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Strange that the photo date stamp is 9/4/2007 What's up?

BigDoug
09-10-2007, 06:44 PM
What do you mean "what's up with the date" ?.......that's the day i took this picture and the investigator in the boat told me that they already know who did it and turned themselves in, they just needed to get good solid prints off the boat to match up with the guy for a solid case..

cola
09-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Just my .02
Tommy
YEA,YEA,YEA.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
What do you mean "what's up with the date" ?.......that's the day i took this picture and the investigator in the boat told me that they already know who did it and turned themselves in, they just needed to get good solid prints off the boat to match up with the guy for a solid case..
I think he's saying that according to the time/date stamp on the boards, the boat was found the morning of 9/5 and your photo says 9/4. But, with this board, who the hell knows.
Sorry Doug, I was just a bit confused about what Bob pointed out and the guy from Smugglers sayin his PI found the boat 23 hours after he learned of the theft Tuesday morning??
I guess I get confused easily. Nothing serious

OCMerrill
09-10-2007, 07:07 PM
So if someone could find out if this guy is a meth user it would solve some personal opinion issues.:)
All joking aside this guy did more damage than just to the boat owner. Several companies involved....finger pointing, etc. Sucks for all. I am glad the boat is back and just can't believe the possibility of it being launched at site 6 during all this. Damn.
And the possibility of Kids on the boat. That is just blood boiling to me.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-10-2007, 07:17 PM
BigDoug's camera is on daylight savings time. :D
:D :D

Kilrtoy
09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
My heart goes out to you. That is one of my biggest fears......
BUT FIVE DETECTIVES WORKING A STOLEN BOAT CASE.
Are you focking kidding me...
There is a murderer walking around the channel
YES A MURDERER WALKING AROUND THE CHANNEL AS I TYPE THIS
and no one is working the case....
Yet FIVE DICKS ON A STOLEN BOAT...
No wonder LHPD is a joke and gets no respect from anyone....

Magic34
09-10-2007, 10:24 PM
It was a DCB... you know World's Best :D :D

thatguy
09-11-2007, 02:06 AM
So if someone could find out if this guy is a meth user it would solve some personal opinion issues.:)
All joking aside this guy did more damage than just to the boat owner. Several companies involved....finger pointing, etc. Sucks for all. I am glad the boat is back and just can't believe the possibility of it being launched at site 6 during all this. Damn.
And the possibility of Kids on the boat. That is just blood boiling to me.
Yeah, makes me wonder what they told the kids. Will they be the next generation of boat jackers and vandalizers? Good teachings there.
Glad the boat was found quickly and it sucks that some POS can cause so much hassle, and $ damage for owners and companies.
My point about tweakers is that it seems that has become the modern day boogieman. Granted, Meth is an epidemic and the root of a lot of serious problems in all walks of life, but assholes have been around forever. As have POS theives and vandalizers. Thats all I was saying.
Good luck with getting the boat back in shape and hopefully it will be the last time this guy does something like this.:(
Tommy

ULTRA26 # 1
09-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Insurance investigators are trying to find out how much it will cost to put humpty dumpty back together again.
Alot of people are posting about having big enough stones or being so stupid as to pop a lock, hook up to a $70,000 boat go to get gas, go to get food and cigarettes, take the boat to the ramp, launch it, and then go boating for an evening. Do not overestimate the lack of respect and confidence in the inabuility of local law enforcment! NM numbers had been changed to AZ. NM plates swaped to CA. A yellow tow cover thrown over the boat. The thieves did not care about getting caught... they prepared for it. They cared about if the cop who caught them was smarter than they were.
I was on the phone with the first officer when he found the boat "I found your boat... its half sunk but meets the description to a tee". "Oh wait... this isnt it, it says this is a Rinker from Arizona... I'll keep looking".
Or better yet:
"I think this could be your trailer... Purple...Twin black Mag spare tires at a 45...Oh wait... Its a California plate...Not yours"
I would say the thieves have had dealings with Havasu PD in the past. They knew what they were up against and had little to no fear.
How was the boat found?
Who did it?
DONT STEAL FROM PROFFESIONAL THIEFS AND EXPECT TO GET AWAY!!!
Before starting SmugglersInc I owned a third placement collections agency in California. That means if you default on a loan its 1st place collections. The bank cant find you or the property it goes to 2nd place collections, when they give up the bank writes the property off as a loss and outsources a hopeless file to 3rd place. If its been on the run and knows someone is looking for it... I would find it.
I had the boat and trailer found at the exact location our investigator led us to 23.5 hours after Greg called from JC to say it was gone.
I am more confident now more than ever that the 5 detectives working this case will instill confidence in the taxpayers, residents and vacationers to Lake Havasu City in a short period of time.
They hold in there hands the gift of information given by those who expect results to feel safe doing business in town and contributing to this economy.
More investigation could have been done and more results found from private individuals.
I handed off the information I had to local detectives and explained to Mike that I am sorry for his situation. I can tell you all that Mike is a stand up person for how he has handled this mess. I am not sure if LE has reached hime yet to reassure him they will catch everyone involved, but they should have by now.
As a business owner I feel I have done everything possible to make this situation right and built peoples confidence back to have me sell there merchandise.
As a person I feel that paying a PI was the right thing to do to expidite getting a boat back to its owner asap.
The hardest descision to make was handing the information to LE. How bad would you have wanted to wait till the owner gets to town and bust heads if you were in my shoes?
Are you saying that LHPD didn't know the difference between a DCB, which is stated on te side of the boat, and a Rinker?
Your post paints a picture of LHPD as a department filled with ignorant incompetents.

phebus
09-11-2007, 06:52 AM
This is ***boat, just because someone posted that there is five detectives on the case means that there is five detectives on the case.
And, I have faith that the PD will solve the case.

Kilrtoy
09-11-2007, 06:55 AM
This is ***boat, just because someone posted that there is five detectives on the case means that there is five detectives on the case.
And, I have faith that the PD will solve the case.
Im pretty sure you and I and a few others have already solved it.....:mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Im pretty sure you and I and a few others have already solved it.....:mad:
Mig,
I think you're right.

IDRPSTF
09-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Are you saying that LHPD didn't know the difference between a DCB, which is stated on te side of the boat, and a Rinker?
Your post paints a picture of LHPD as a department filled with ignorant incompetents.
I am saying that the officer I was on the phone based the make of this boat on the AZ numbers placed on the boats bow. Same with the CA plate on the trailer.
The detectives have been right on this and thanks to a member of this board an extra detective was added. Its not my post painting the picture of Havasu PD as incompetents, I have only posted what was said and done in the early hours of finding this boat.
To straighten out something said in this thread. Nobody has turned themselves in for this crime the day the boat was found. They are too busy fighting between themselves to find out who said what to whom... Its only a matter of time before someone walks into the PD and makes a deal. Too much was left behind and everyone knows that only the first person in the door gets to make a deal with the PD.
Stay tuned and keep watching the front page of the paper!

Danhercules
09-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Dude, there were chains that were cut. Why trash a shop? :rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Dude, there were chains that were cut. Why trash a shop? :rolleyes:
Don't remember anyone saying anything about trashing a shop.

Got Lime?
09-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Don't remember anyone saying anything about trashing a shop.
Like it or not, JC Marine has been taking it on the chin for this. Say what you will, but Chris and Greg have always been stand-up guys, and run a great shop. Nobody saw this theft coming, and hindsite is always 20-20. Now they won't even get the chance to help make it right because the boat has been taken elsewhere for repair.

IDRPSTF
09-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I think by "Trashing the shop" he means talking crap.
All of the businesses involved have taken heat on this one.

Danhercules
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I think by "Trashing the shop" he means talking crap.
All of the businesses involved have taken heat on this one.
Yup. There is no way JC Marine's fault. Sucks that a nice shop with great guys are loosing buisness over this. I have used them in the past and will again.

Kilrtoy
09-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Yup. There is no way JC Marine's fault. Sucks that a nice shop with great guys are loosing buisness over this. I have used them in the past and will again.
Who said they lost any business.
EVERY SHOP IN HAVASU HAS BREAK INS

Big Warlock
09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
You know me, stirring the pot, but I have to agree here.
There have been a couple of murders in recent weeks at Havasu. Why would we have FIVE DETECTIVES working on a stolen boat? If that's what it takes to solve a case, please, please, please someone push them to get the same FIVE DETECTIVES on some of the murders!!!! :mad:

Danhercules
09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Who said they lost any business.
EVERY SHOP IN HAVASU HAS BREAK INS
The owners.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Like it or not, JC Marine has been taking it on the chin for this. Say what you will, but Chris and Greg have always been stand-up guys, and run a great shop. Nobody saw this theft coming, and hindsite is always 20-20. Now they won't even get the chance to help make it right because the boat has been taken elsewhere for repair.
By whom?
I don't know anything about JC Marine except what people on here have said. I don't remember hearing a negative comment about JC.
I don't understand what the shops have to be so defensive about.

Surmike
09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
First let me say this: No one involved has had any blame put on them as of yet!! By this I mean the shops involved, or the employees of the shops!
The only reason I had the boat taken else where for the repairs is for my own peice of mind since I am 7hrs away and would like to sleep at nite. Like I said before I still have unanswered questions about who stole it? How they new it ran? And most of all how it was able to sit in the water out in the open for so long and no one ever saw it?
I have seen the photos of it in the water and a blind man could have seen it there!!
And for anyone to claim they have lost business over this is a joke!!! If someone out there decided to go else where for there needs instead of too the shops involved that is at there own choice since no one has been blamed for anything!! Would I still do business w/ either company involved I would say yes at this point. I stated before that these 2 business's have shown me nothing but the best of treatment and in no way knock them for what has happened.
As of now my insurance will be handling this issue and if they feel someone else should be liable thats up to them and will be delt w/ at that time.

Mrs.Racer277
09-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Ummmmmmm Doug I think your camera is off by a day???? You actually took the pick on Wed. am....
:)

Kilrtoy
09-11-2007, 12:49 PM
The owners.
Maybe business is slow because its the end of the year and for MOST people boat season is over...
There is not a boat shop in town right now that is not slowing down significantly.
I passed by there 2 days ago and it looked like it always does over there

IDRPSTF
09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Not us. I took in three new listings and sold two last week. I even have a buyer on Mikes boat coming in from Vegas when its ready (Or Ready-er).
Things only slow down if you let them in this business. Boats will keep selling... just for less.
Now its all about keeping them safe and sound in a well alarmed indoor storage with land mines, rottwielers, two very large Australians with questionable morales when it comes to the treatment of thieves and a town full of people that will rat out wrongdoers!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Not us. I took in three new listings and sold two last week. I even have a buyer on Mikes boat coming in from Vegas when its ready (Or Ready-er).
Things only slow down if you let them in this business. Boats will keep selling... just for less.
Now its all about keeping them safe and sound in a well alarmed indoor storage with land mines, rottwielers, two very large Australians with questionable morales when it comes to the treatment of thieves and a town full of people that will rat out wrongdoers!!!
Thanks for clarifying

Got Lime?
09-11-2007, 03:52 PM
A couple of small points...
I thought all Austrailians had questionable morals...thats why we like them.
And what is the moral way to treat a scumbag thief?
:D
Git a rope...:devil:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-12-2007, 07:44 AM
That Boat was parked on holy just down the street from my friends yard on Saturday i believe no locks no truck, i thought it was odd for a boat that nice to be sitting there all by itself especially being that it was around 4 pm. if you nedd pm me and ill give you my #
Anyone know what the deal is with this? Was the boat stolen before 4:00 pm Sat Sept. 2nd?

BoatPI
09-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Although it took awhile to trickle down, the Warlock theft was assigned to me. I will do a seperate post when I have more information. Needless to say if anyone has some insight to this theft, please e mail me at boatpi@verizon.net.
I expect a reward to be posted today and a web page wanted poster to follow at www.boatman.com
PI

ULTRA26 # 1
09-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Although it took awhile to trickle down, the Warlock theft was assigned to me. I will do a seperate post when I have more information. Needless to say if anyone has some insight to this theft, please e mail me at boatpi@verizon.net.
I expect a reward to be posted today and a web page wanted poster to follow at www.boatman.com
PI
Was the Warlock recovered as well ?

BoatPI
09-12-2007, 10:29 AM
The Warlock is outstanding. It is not known if the DCB theft is connected, and I will not say much beyond that as it is an active PD and BPI investigation. i will point out that even if you know what tweaker was involved in the DCB Site 6 occurance, satatment sneed to be taken, many inverwiews are a must for a complete prosecution. The dificult part is locating all of the tweakers/suspect/witnesses involved. These sorry fools seem to never stay at one crash pad for more than one day, then leach and steal some more, and move on again. So locating them and conducting interviews take time. I have fath that the primary suspects responsible for the DCB thetf will be identified and prosecuted. This is basically a receiving stolen property investigation, and in most states, the PD must prove that the suspects had knowledge that the DCB was stolen. There are many ways to prove this, and I will save that for another time. It just takes time to make a sound case.
http://www.boatman.com/stolenDB/2007stolens.htm

ULTRA26 # 1
09-12-2007, 10:33 AM
The Warlock is outstanding. It is not known if the DCB theft is connected, and I will not say much beyond that as it is an active PD and BPI investigation. i will point out that even if you know what tweaker was involved in the DCB Site 6 occurance, satatment sneed to be taken, many inverwiews are a must for a complete prosecution. The dificult part is locating all of the tweakers/suspect/witnesses involved. These sorry fools seem to never stay at one crash pad for more than one day, then leach and steal some more, and move on again. So locating them and conducting interviews take time. I have fath that the primary suspects responsible for the DCB thetf will be identified and prosecuted. This is basically a receiving stolen property investigation, and in most states, the PD must prove that the suspects had knowledge that the DCB was stolen. There are many ways to prove this, and I will save that for another time. It just takes time to make a sound case.
http://www.boatman.com/stolenDB/2007stolens.htm
Thanks for the info. I too have faith that those responsible for the DBC theft will be ID'd

SVO 540
09-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I am saying that the officer I was on the phone based the make of this boat on the AZ numbers placed on the boats bow. Same with the CA plate on the trailer.
The detectives have been right on this and thanks to a member of this board an extra detective was added. Its not my post painting the picture of Havasu PD as incompetents, I have only posted what was said and done in the early hours of finding this boat.
To straighten out something said in this thread. Nobody has turned themselves in for this crime the day the boat was found. They are too busy fighting between themselves to find out who said what to whom... Its only a matter of time before someone walks into the PD and makes a deal. Too much was left behind and everyone knows that only the first person in the door gets to make a deal with the PD.
Stay tuned and keep watching the front page of the paper!
Officer Shoemake was the reporting officer in my crime. Do you know if he is involved in this case? Was any connection made between this theft and my DCB?

ULTRA26 # 1
09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Any updates on the investigation?

Surmike
09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I spoke w/ the investigator on the case 2 days ago and was advised they are still looking into the leads and tips given too them. At this point its the waiting game I guess!

Got Lime?
09-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I noticed that the case has been profiled by Havasu Silent Witness on their website http://www.havasusilentwitness.org. It's on the bulletins tab.

Surmike
09-13-2007, 05:43 PM
wow never even heard of that site!!
Thanks for the link

Kilrtoy
09-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I noticed that the case has been profiled by Havasu Silent Witness on their website http://www.havasusilentwitness.org. It's on the bulletins tab.
WOW
too bad a murder is not important in this town. No mention of HEY WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MURDER

HemiDude
09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
WOW
too bad a murder is not important in this town. No mention of HEY WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MURDER
Actually, I submit to you all that this is the most intelligent statement in all of the Hot Boat fun and malarkey I have seen thus far. Surmike, I feel for you and your situation, someone has focked with your property, a "rape" of sorts, and I for one certainly want this scumbag tweaker dealt with so they do not do it to my boat or someone else's. The entire Hot Boat community stands behind you!
However, I find it totally appalling that that the multiple LHC murders aren't even mentioned on our local town's "Crime Stop" site. Kiltroy, you are dead on this statement (no pun intended). The comunity should be out raged.
My two coppers and may a cast iron Hemi Head be dropped on the penis's of both these a**hole tweaker criminals. ...:(

Got Lime?
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
WOW
Ever stop to consider that they aren't looking for a murderer, 'cause she's already in custody...

Kilrtoy
09-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Ever stop to consider that they aren't looking for a murderer, 'cause she's already in custody...
Disco was killed by a female, That is news to me and pretty much all of ***boat who knew him...

ULTRA26 # 1
09-14-2007, 10:10 AM
ttt

Dean10
09-14-2007, 05:12 PM
You just don't know how close to the truth you might be.
Rio
I took my boat to Brian this summer and all seemed to be on the up and up. I wouldn't mind taking it back to him if needed. What should the rest of us know so we don't get ripped off?

phebus
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Disco was killed by a female, That is news to me and pretty much all of ***boat who knew him...
Disco wasn't murdered. He had been to the hospital several times in the month before his death, and was there the morning he died. He was a very sick man, and died of natural causes.
Unfortunately his body was seen by people that were unfamiliar with what a person that dies of CHF and esophygeal varicies looks like, and confused what they saw with a murder scene. There was in fact no trauma to his body.

BoatFloating
09-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Disco wasn't murdered. He had been to the hospital several times in the month before his death, and was there the morning he died. He was a very sick man, and died of natural causes.
Unfortunately his body was seen by people that were unfamiliar with what a person that dies of CHF and esophygeal varicies looks like, and confused what they saw with a murder scene. There was in fact no trauma to his body.
Well there you have it Dr.
:D

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Why the slit wrist horizontal and vertical...
Why are the police questioning people about a murder then....
If a EMT or Parmed would notice this would the Corner and the police not notice this as well

Mrs.Racer277
09-14-2007, 07:24 PM
I have seen this before......Pools of blood....Would look like a murder

ULTRA26 # 1
09-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Any new info on the recovered DCB?

IDRPSTF
09-17-2007, 09:40 AM
No new info as of yet. I keep looking in the paper and am guessing at this point they got away with it. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
No new info as of yet. I keep looking in the paper and am guessing at this point they got away with it. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For some reason I don't think so.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Isn't the shop from where this boat was taken, a marine service and boat rental facility? Hard to imagine that this type of shop would be closed on one of the biggest weekends of the year.

HemiDude
09-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Really curious about the final out come on this one...it seems to have died off... any updates from the boat owner????:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Really curious about the final out come on this one...it seems to have died off... any updates from the boat owner????:idea:
Me too

WishIknew
09-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Its Havasu you CAN'T rush it

PaPaG
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
For some reason I don't think so.
Neither do I

ULTRA26 # 1
09-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Its Havasu you CAN'T rush it
I wonder if those behind this are counting on poor handling from LHPD?

Surmike
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Sorry I've been out of town and haven't heard back from the insurance yet. But accordding to the shop we may be in excess of 40k for repairs!!! ouch
I still can't believe w/ the info PD claims to have they haven't moved on anyone yet, as far as they are telling me.
I'm hoping to have the full esatimate by weeks end.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Sorry I've been out of town and haven't heard back from the insurance yet. But accordding to the shop we may be in excess of 40k for repairs!!! ouch
I still can't believe w/ the info PD claims to have they haven't moved on anyone yet, as far as they are telling me.
That sounds like alot of money to reassemble the motor, replace the stereo, prop, interior repairs and a clean and detail.
Seems like the salvage might be worth 30K to someone and with the 40K for the repairs you don't have to worry about selling the boat anymore. This might work out to your benefit after all.

WishIknew
09-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Those props are really expensive just ask UNIONJACK:eek: :eek: :eek:

Surmike
09-25-2007, 11:32 AM
FYI Motor is toast and needs to be replaced. Drive is toast all gears are toast and will be completely replaced, Hull needs gell work in places, Trailer needs paint & brake system repairs, Full stereo system replaced, etc etc. The list goes on and on.
Someones stupidity obviously gets exspensive.
So we will see what ends up happening in the end!

shippingguy
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
FYI Motor is toast and needs to be replaced. Drive is toast all gears are toast and will be completely replaced, Hull needs gell work in places, Trailer needs paint & brake system repairs, Full stereo system replaced, etc etc. The list goes on and on.
How many hours were on the boat when it was taken to the shop? How many does it have now? Seems a little off that the boat was found with the blower off the motor and now the drive is blown up too?? How did the drive get blown if the motor was apart when the boat was found IN THE WATER??
Mike

PaPaG
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
That sounds like alot of money to reassemble the motor, replace the stereo, prop, interior repairs and a clean and detail.
Seems like the salvage might be worth 30K to someone and with the 40K for the repairs you don't have to worry about selling the boat anymore. This might work out to your benefit after all.
40K for repair? Motor, drive, gel, interior, sterio, whats left....wow...

ULTRA26 # 1
09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Why would you even consider repairing a boat that has been for sale since March? Take the money, sell the salvage and run. Perfect timing too. :)
Hey didn't the guy from Smuggler's have a Vegas buyer for the boat when it was readier? Perfect.
Looks like this might turn out to be a blessing. The used boat market is dead, as you already know.

OKIE-JET
09-25-2007, 08:03 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-26-2007, 01:13 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:
A blessing in disguise. Pretty cool :)

Surmike
09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
For some it may be a blessing but it's still a living nightmare for us!
Guess we will wait and see how it works out in the end!

WishIknew
09-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Did you have insurance for this happening???????

WishIknew
09-26-2007, 04:33 PM

ULTRA26 # 1
09-27-2007, 09:39 AM
This is the last thing I would have expected to happen in Havi but this is me we are talking about. What next I get hit by lightening??? Ha HA
:confused: :confused:
What am I missing here? The boat, which is insured for its full value, has been for sale since March, it gets stolen Labor Day Weekend, $40K + in damage, the salvage is no doubt worth $20K to $30K and it's living nightmare?? Mike, please help me here. Again, what am I missing?

squirt'nmyload
09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
What am I missing here? The boat, which is insured for its full value, has been for sale since March, it gets stolen Labor Day Weekend, $40K + in damage, the salvage is no doubt worth $20K to $30K and it's living nightmare?? Mike, please help me here. Again, what am I missing?
maybe he doesn't care about the $$$ aspect. i think the worst part is knowing some scumbag had his hands on your shit. maybe you don't know that feeling but it SUCKS.
EDIT: and maybe the fact that he lives in new mexico and the boat is in havasu adds to the "nightmare"

ULTRA26 # 1
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
maybe he doesn't care about the $$$ aspect. i think the worst part is knowing some scumbag had his hands on your shit. maybe you don't know that feeling but it SUCKS.
If he didn't care about the $$ aspect, the boat wouldn't have been 800 miles away from home on consignment "FOR SALE".
And by the way, I know that feeling all to well and I agree, it does SUCK.

squirt'nmyload
09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
If he didn't care about the $$ aspect, the boat wouldn't have been 800 miles away from home on consignment "FOR SALE".
And by the way, I know that feeling all to well and I agree, it does SUCK.
well maybe there is no market for a used dcb in albuquerque(sp).. i didnt think anyone really lived there :D

ULTRA26 # 1
09-27-2007, 04:28 PM
well maybe there is no market for a used dcb in albuquerque(sp).. i didnt think anyone really lived there :D

redneckcharlie
09-27-2007, 05:04 PM
It would have sold in a heartbeat if it had hydrolics and daytons on the trailer. Oh, and some gold trim! :D

ULTRA26 # 1
09-28-2007, 07:31 AM
It would have sold in a heartbeat if it had hydrolics and daytons on the trailer. Oh, and some gold trim! :D

Surmike
09-28-2007, 08:51 AM
You nailed it (redneckcharlie It would have sold in a heartbeat if it had hydrolics and daytons on the trailer. Oh, and some gold trim! )
And no there really isn't a market for a boat like this in NM. There are some nice boats just not a real strong market here like Havi.
And no the $$ isn't really an issue I just found other things I liked doing other than going to the lake and going fast. I'm just as happy in a small $1000.00 fishing boat as in my Mach 26. We just decided we really didn't need the boat in our life at this currrent time.
Also it is very trying to deal w/ all of this knowing that its so far away and that yes sum dirt bag had a good time at my exspense w/ my stuff and now I have to deal w/ the cops, ins, and shops. As if I don't have enough to deal w/ already in my everyday life.
But it will all work out in the end!!

shippingguy
09-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Surmike:
You never answered my question. How many hours were on the boat when you dropped it off and how many are on it now? The reason I ask is that the boat was stolen and found within a day and a half and the motor AND drive are blown??? How do both get blown on the lake at the same time and the boat gets back to the beach and back on the trailer to have the plugs pulled and then put back in the water with the blower off on the front seats? Some body had to of towed them back in, correct? Just curious. I hope this all works out for you.
Mike

IDRPSTF
09-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Let me chime in a bit.
Why is this not a blessing?
Mike finished this boat one year to the week prior to its theft. The boat was immaculate and all put together right (Thus the reason we had it). The only thing left was stearing and that is what was going in at JC Marine. Pride in ownership and knowing someone wrecked what took you so long to make perfect is always shown when someone passes the keys to the next owner... not collecting an insurance check.
How could it cost $40K to fix:
Engine rebuild, Drive and Gimble, Wireing, Gel etc $40K is easy to go through with boats...ever built one?
And the best question of all.
How did the boat end up with a busted drive, bad engine, blower on the drivers seat, stereo gone and half sunk on the beach all at one time?
The theives did not worry about getting caught! Trailer plate was changed. NM numbers changed to AZ numbers. This boat went on tour through the city and then cruised the lake. When the days event were over the thieves had already screwed up the drive. The boat was pulled into site 5 and the blower and stereo were pulled. The stereo was easy to get off the boat and up to a waiting car. The blower on the other hand would take more effort. After a local Havasu PD cop sited all of the thieves for being at site 5 and got their names he walked away without realizing the boat had the hatch half ripped off and the blower was on the front seat. Had he run the AZ numbers at that time he would have found they belong to a RINKER. RINKER does not even make a cat and all could have been caught at the sceen of the crime and Mikes boat had not yet been sunk. But considering that our local PD would rather issue a warning for night swimming rather than look around at 4 tweekers with a $70,000 boat with a flipped back engine hatch and parts laying all over it... the 4 people freaked out (As they were all on drugs at the time) and pulled the plugs to sink the evedence. They then took the stereo and left.
The drive was all the way down so the boat did not go to the bottom and they forgot to pull the middle plug. All left in a hurry leaving coke cans, cigarette butts, clothes, toys, tools and everything else they brought along.
When I broke the news to Mike Tuesday morning I was 200 miles from Havasu towing my horses back to CA. The first thing I asked him to do was get on ***boat and post a $5000.00 reward for information on who, what and where and I said I would stand behind the money. I turned around, drove back to Havasu and spent the rest of the day and night looking ffrom the air and ground. Sure enough 5:45 AM Wednesday morning I got a call from a guy wanting the money for all of the information.
The boat was exactly in the spot he described. The trailer was in the spot he described. The stereo was sitting on the counter at the home he gave the address to. He gave a full description of the truck used and other key details. True to my word I pulled $5000.00 cash out and paid the informant being confident that this information would lead to four arrests and hit the front page. I wanted my name and the company name left out. Unfortunatly for Mike and all others involved their was a murder that weekend and all five of Havasu's detectives had been working that case. All of the information was handed over to Havasu PD and I met with Det. Sterling who seemed more interested in where I got my information than in the information itself.
Later that day the informant called me back to say that the thieves had been caught and questioned while at the boat and were freaking out because they gave their real names. I immediatly called the detectives and heard Sterling in the background say that they already knew this.
So............
I had been advised not to write any of this or call the paper as Havasu PD can make life a living hell for me and my company. But the last time I checked they are here to protect and serve and I dont see much of either. When the boat went missing my sales manager sat in the office for four hours waiting to hand detectives a picture of the boat that they never even showed up for (I.E. in the innitial investigation to find the boat, they had no idea waht they were looking for and when they said they needed a picture and we printed one up they couldnt even make time to come get it).
They have the names of the people that took the boat and a cop that can place the thieves with the boat before it was sunk.
They HAD (Never showed up) the address with confermation that the stereo was sitting on the counter and never showed up (House is for rent and can and was showed by appointment with the stereo sitting out).
Even more information than this was given and still no arrests.
So if you live in Havasu like I do, and you have a business like I do, and something gets taken like it did.... who are you going to call?
And who is accountable for this spectacular situation and how it has been handled?
Still watching that front page

IDRPSTF
Let me chime in a bit.
Mike finished this boat one year to the week prior to its theft. The boat was immaculate and all put together right (Thus the reason we had it). The only thing left was stearing and that is what was going in at JC Marine. Pride in ownership and knowing someone wrecked what took you so long to make perfect is always shown when someone passes the keys to the next owner... not collecting an insurance check.
Engine rebuild, Drive and Gimble, Wireing, Gel etc $40K is easy to go through with boats...ever built one?
How did the boat end up with a busted drive, bad engine, blower on the drivers seat, stereo gone and half sunk on the beach all at one time?
The theives did not worry about getting caught! Trailer plate was changed. NM numbers changed to AZ numbers. This boat went on tour through the city and then cruised the lake. When the days event were over the thieves had already screwed up the drive. The boat was pulled into site 5 and the blower and stereo were pulled. The stereo was easy to get off the boat and up to a waiting car. The blower on the other hand would take more effort. After a local Havasu PD cop sited all of the thieves for being at site 5 and got their names he walked away without realizing the boat had the hatch half ripped off and the blower was on the front seat. Had he run the AZ numbers at that time he would have found they belong to a RINKER. RINKER does not even make a cat and all could have been caught at the sceen of the crime and Mikes boat had not yet been sunk. But considering that our local PD would rather issue a warning for night swimming rather than look around at 4 tweekers with a $70,000 boat with a flipped back engine hatch and parts laying all over it... the 4 people freaked out (As they were all on drugs at the time) and pulled the plugs to sink the evedence. They then took the stereo and left.
The drive was all the way down so the boat did not go to the bottom and they forgot to pull the middle plug. All left in a hurry leaving coke cans, cigarette butts, clothes, toys, tools and everything else they brought along.
When I broke the news to Mike Tuesday morning I was 200 miles from Havasu towing my horses back to CA. The first thing I asked him to do was get on ***boat and post a $5000.00 reward for information on who, what and where and I said I would stand behind the money. I turned around, drove back to Havasu and spent the rest of the day and night looking ffrom the air and ground. Sure enough 5:45 AM Wednesday morning I got a call from a guy wanting the money for all of the information.
The boat was exactly in the spot he described. The trailer was in the spot he described. The stereo was sitting on the counter at the home he gave the address to. He gave a full description of the truck used and other key details. True to my word I pulled $5000.00 cash out and paid the informant being confident that this information would lead to four arrests and hit the front page. I wanted my name and the company name left out. Unfortunatly for Mike and all others involved their was a murder that weekend and all five of Havasu's detectives had been working that case. All of the information was handed over to Havasu PD and I met with Det. Sterling who seemed more interested in where I got my information than in the information itself.
Later that day the informant called me back to say that the thieves had been caught and questioned while at the boat and were freaking out because they gave their real names. I immediatly called the detectives and heard Sterling in the background say that they already knew this.
So............
I had been advised not to write any of this or call the paper as Havasu PD can make life a living hell for me and my company. But the last time I checked they are here to protect and serve and I dont see much of either. When the boat went missing my sales manager sat in the office for four hours waiting to hand detectives a picture of the boat that they never even showed up for (I.E. in the innitial investigation to find the boat, they had no idea waht they were looking for and when they said they needed a picture and we printed one up they couldnt even make time to come get it).
They have the names of the people that took the boat and a cop that can place the thieves with the boat before it was sunk.
They HAD (Never showed up) the address with confermation that the stereo was sitting on the counter and never showed up (House is for rent and can and was showed by appointment with the stereo sitting out).
So if you live in Havasu like I do, and you have a business like I do, and something gets taken like it did.... who are you going to call?
And who is accountable for this spectacular situation and how it has been handled?

IDRPSTF
Let me chime in a bit.
So............

meaniam
09-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Mike
i launched from site 6 and don't remember seeing your boat out there. i would think the hatch part with nobody in the boat would stick out like a sore thumb. i have had two boats stolen from me in the past. 1 boat recovered but stripped and destroyed. i know exactly how you feel. cant understand them leaving the blower behind. or taking the prop. i wonder if it was stripped then dumped in the lake.

phebus
09-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Interesting story that you chimed, chimed chimed. :D

ULTRA26 # 1
09-28-2007, 10:36 AM
To be continued!
Or better yet:
How was the boat found?
Who did it?
DONT STEAL FROM PROFFESIONAL THIEFS AND EXPECT TO GET AWAY!!!Before starting SmugglersInc I owned a third placement collections agency in California. That means if you default on a loan its 1st place collections. The bank cant find you or the property it goes to 2nd place collections, when they give up the bank writes the property off as a loss and outsources a hopeless file to 3rd place. If its been on the run and knows someone is looking for it... I would find it.
I had the boat and trailer found at the exact location our investigator led us to 23.5 hours after Greg called from JC to say it was gone. I am more confident now more than ever that the 5 detectives working this case will instill confidence in the taxpayers, residents and vacationers to Lake Havasu City in a short period of time.
As a person I feel that paying a PI was the right thing to do to expidite getting a boat back to its owner asap. The hardest descision to make was handing the information to LE. How bad would you have wanted to wait till the owner gets to town and bust heads if you were in my shoes?
Let me chime in a bit.
When I broke the news to Mike Tuesday morning I was 200 miles from Havasu towing my horses back to CA. The first thing I asked him to do was get on ***boat and post a $5000.00 reward for information on who, what and where and I said I would stand behind the money. I turned around, drove back to Havasu and spent the rest of the day and night looking ffrom the air and ground. Sure enough 5:45 AM Wednesday morning I got a call from a guy wanting the money for all of the information.The boat was exactly in the spot he described. The trailer was in the spot he described. The stereo was sitting on the counter at the home he gave the address to. He gave a full description of the truck used and other key details. True to my word I pulled $5000.00 cash out and paid the informant being confident that this information would lead to four arrests and hit the front page. I wanted my name and the company name left out. Unfortunatly for Mike and all others involved their was a murder that weekend and all five of Havasu's detectives had been working that case. All of the information was handed over to Havasu PD and I met with Det. Sterling who seemed more interested in where I got my information than in the information itself.
So............
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Why would LHPD site anyone or take names for being at site 5 (6).
It's good to know that LHPD has the names of all those involved.
"Ghostbusters"
i launched from site 6 and don't remember seeing your boat out there. i would think the hatch part with nobody in the boat would stick out like a sore thumb. i have had two boats stolen from me in the past. 1 boat recovered but stripped and destroyed. i know exactly how you feel. cant understand them leaving the blower behind. or taking the prop. i wonder if it was stripped then dumped in the lake.
Engine needs complete rebuild, drive blown, prop taken stereo taken,
blower removed and boat found on the beach. So probabally not striped and dumped
I can't help wonder when the plugs and the prop were removed.

shippingguy
09-28-2007, 10:52 AM
So............
I am confused. If you are not in the wrong and have not done anything illegaly why is this the case???
Mike

ULTRA26 # 1
09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
I am confused. If you are not in the wrong and have not done anything illegaly why is this the case???
Mike
I don't think you are the one who is confused.
The boat owner, Surmike, did mention a reward, in post number 1, but nothing about it being $5000.00.
As a person I feel that paying a PI was the right thing to do to expidite getting a boat back to its owner asap. The hardest descision to make was handing the information to LE.
He gave a full description of the truck used and other key details. True to my word I pulled $5000.00 cash out and paid the informant being confident that this information would lead to four arrests and hit the front page.
Mike finished this boat one year to the week prior to its theft. The boat was immaculate and all put together right (Thus the reason we had it). The only thing left was stearing and that is what was going in at JC Marine.
Post Date 3/14/07
External steering is included as it was removed by the previous owner and is replaced w/ WPM dual rams just not pictured. The pics are from when motor was installed. Sorry for not listing this sooner.
I advised Surmike in March 07, that it would be difficult to sell blower motor cat without external steering for safety reasons. Surmike responded that the DCB had external steering and he had posted an old picture.

topless
09-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't understand why no arrests have been made when the LEO have had the information for so freaking long.

phebus
09-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Maybe there are bigger fish out there thay are waiting to nab. :idea:

Surmike
09-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Just to be clear: I did post a pic of the boat w/ steering installed and that was a picture to show that it had been pre rigged for steering since the previous owner had it installed but removed it before I purchased the boat. I did agree that it needed to be reinstalled for it to be safe and had agreed w/ Smugglers Inc to 1. either install it for the new owner or 2. it would be included at time of sale! when it didn't sell Matt and myself decided to go ahead and have installed as soon as possible since the season was dying down and I would need it anyway if I ended up keeping the boat..
Just to be clear about what had happened:: The boat was not returned to the trailer at any point that we know of. It was found as the informant had advised in the water around site 5 or 6 I'm not positive of which since I'm not familiar w/ this area. And the trailer was in the parking lot. The 2 outer plugs had been pulled but not the center. Drive was in down position w/ internal damage, and prop missing. The entire blower assembly was removed from the intake to the carbs and water was covering the entire motor and had filled the inside. All components inside the engine compartment had been saturated in water and oil now needing replacement. The stereo system was removed including head unit amps and speakers w/ all wiring cut. The key was left on at the time the plugs were pulled so now all wiring in the boat has to be replaced due to corrosion.
The bill really adds up when you take into account all the non-large items that need attention ie. fuel pump, altenator, powersteering pump, trim pumps etc. Especially since the only info we have to go on is that this boat sat in the water like this since sometime Sunday night till removed Wednesday morning.
And yes as of Friday afternoon I was advised by the LHPD that up till this point no one had even been questioned about this crime and possibly no one would ever be. It just kills me that they claimed to have had the best finger prints ever left at a crime seen but they haven't done anything to compare them to anyone. When I was in town they didn't even want my prints to compare to the ones found on my own boat. But I'm not a cop so what do I know!!!

Surmike
09-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Also sorry shippingguy I keep forgeting but the hours on the boat when I left it was 55hrs and I believe it is now at aound 65hrs So someone was definity out enjoying it over the holiday weekend. I know they ran it pretty hard by the exhaust residue on the transom area also.
I still say I'm glad no one was hurt while running it and glad they didn't end up hurting some innocent family out on the water also.
I am still waiting for there to be pictures of these fools on my boat in the background of someones holiday pictures from this weekend.
Someone saw these fools out around town w/ the boat and probably doesn't even realize it. I know the stopped and put fuel in and by the items they left behind they were at a Terribles station in town and a Walgreens. They were even dumb enough to buy a disposable camera and take pictures on there little trip since they left the box for it on board. They had even stolen a yellow boat cover to use while towing around town that was found in the boat too.

Surmike
09-30-2007, 09:40 PM
In the begining the cops had advised to stay out of there way and not make any contact w/ anyone who claimed to have info or follw up on anything we had been told. Since there was a post in the beginning of this about the boat being over around Holy rd in Havi I forwarded the info the the cops at that time but I'm willing to bet they never contacted anyone about the info as of yet???
Just crazy how in a small town like Havi someone would have the nutz to steal a boat like this from one end of town and take it clear to the other end of town and launch it and use it for a good while then destroy it and no one ever see it. I'm willing to bet they think that they got away clean and who knows maybe they have??!! But Karma will catch up some day!!!!!!!

BigDoug
09-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Mike, this is puzzeling to me cause the investigator in the boat that i took the picture of, said to me there was good solid prints on the blower and all over the boat, then proceeded to tell me they know who did it and they turned themselves in. So what's the hold up ?

BoatPI
10-01-2007, 05:33 AM
As a legal note, even if identifable prints were found on the blower, and the prints were identified through a database, the person identified MUST be interviewed.
What we are looking at is a case of receiving stolen property. So the person needs to have KNOWLEDGE that the boat was stolen. That knowledge can be proven in several ways.
The point being is that IF a tweaker is identified through prints, THEN a detective has to go find that tweaker, and interview them. That is where the detective work begins to get serious, twisting the person for info.
All of this then needs to meet the filing standard for the district attorneys office.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Post Date 3/14/07
External steering is included as it was removed by the previous owner and is replaced w/ WPM dual rams just not pictured. The pics are from when motor was installed. Sorry for not listing this sooner.
Just to be clear: I did post a pic of the boat w/ steering installed and that was a picture to show that it had been pre rigged for steering since the previous owner had it installed but removed it before I purchased the boat.
Just to be clear??? is replaced w/ WPM dual rams just not pictured

Nord
10-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Why does anyone care if he is getting too much money back from insurance:confused:

ChumpChange
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Mike
When you operate a business in a city that operates under "Good Ole Boy" law.....it's not good to say things bad about the "Good Ole Boys".

Surmike
10-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Well lets head this off right here!!!
This is too "Riodog" and anyone else that feels this way: I will say this once and thats it, there is no fraud invoved in this case and the insurance isn't being billed for anything that wasn't damaged or stolen in this incodent. They aren't paying for anything more than what has been damaged!!
And as for cases like this raising insurance cost's you might want to thank the prick's that are out stealing these high price boats and destroying them!!! Also while your at it thank the fellow boater next to you on the lake that thinks since he's on the water and not on the road he can drink till he falls over and drive his boat with no regard for your safety or mine!!!
Remeber your boat could always be next!!! I have learned this first hand now.
It may register better for some if they put there boat in this position and lets see how many poor repairs you would want done too your boat that was maybe a 9 when taken and is now a 3 in need of serious repairs thanks to someone else!!!

Nord
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
If you're referring to my post Nord, nobody cares if he is getting too much money back as that's not really the point of what I was referring to. What I was making comments about had to do with the "estimate of repairs". In which case the shop was charging the insurance company TOP DOLLAR for repairs that may or may not be related to this incident. Since it could be done for considerably less and should exclude items not incurred due to this 'theft' then that would be fraud and since all parties would have knowledge of this activity then they would be co-conspirators. Why does anyone care? This type of activity will raise YOUR insurance rates along with mine.
It's been repeated to me by my insurance guy that 50% of boating claims include fraud somewhere in the equation.(that's hearsay on my part)
Rio
So what are you going to do?
Are you going to call the shop and ask them why they are charging so much? Are you going to call the Insurance company and tell them they are being bent over by the shop??
Your preaching to the choir as far as insurance rates are concerned, however where are your posts going to get you in this thread?
If you were in the same scenario, would you call the shop and the insurance company and ask for less money??? I just don't get the motivation here. BTW this is not an arguement on my end to you, just curiosity.........
~NORD~

Kilrtoy
10-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Maybe there are bigger fish out there thay are waiting to nab. :idea:
DAMN RICK,
did you get a job with them or hired as their public relations agent:eek:

RitcheyRch
10-01-2007, 05:27 PM
All the wiring needs to be replaced due to corrosion? I have never heard of such a thing. Please explain why the wiring would need to be replaced.
Did they steal the fuel pump, alternator, pwer steering pump and trim pumps?
The key was left on at the time the plugs were pulled so now all wiring in the boat has to be replaced due to corrosion.
The bill really adds up when you take into account all the non-large items that need attention ie. fuel pump, altenator, powersteering pump, trim pumps etc. .

ULTRA26 # 1
10-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Based what the informants told IDRPSTF, the TWEAKERS, left the blower behind and in a hurry, with stereo in hand, left in a car the was waiting.
Per IDRPSTF, after the TWEAKERS got questioned by LHPD for night swimming, they deceided to move quickly away from the boat, but decided to take the time to remove two of the drain plugs first. A hurry??
I'm still wondering about the prop
All the wiring needs to be replaced due to corrosion? I have never heard of such a thing. Please explain why the wiring would need to be replaced.
Did they steal the fuel pump, alternator, pwer steering pump and trim pumps?
Not from freash water, I agree.
All of the items you mentioned got wet.

Surmike
10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
for those who are interested:
The plugs were removed by who I would assume to have been the theives.
Prop was missing when the boat was removed from the water by the salvage company and local PD.
Stereo system was missing when local PD entered the boat to conduct there investigation.
The entire top end of motor (the Blower assembly) had been removed from the engine and engine compartment and was found by local PD on the rear bench seat of the boat.
The boat was tied to an object on the beach around
site 5/6 w/ plugs removed and drive in down position in which the lack of plugs enabled the boat to fill w/ water to a point.
With the transom of the boat submerged it allowed all pumps, wiring, and components in the engine compartment to fill w/ water for an unknown period of time.
The interior had been soaked w/ lake water and all other oils and fluids from the engine and components.

Surmike
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Here is my question to all who own a boat. Would you knowingly let someone take parts that you had in your boat and submerge them in the lake for any where from 1 to 2 days straight and then just put them back in your boat and be happy happy with it??
I would assume not!!! For me I know my parts were new as of last August since I just had this boat rebuilt. I will not settle for anything in less condition!!!
This crime was not my fault there for I will not just settle and wouldn't expect anyone else to either in this situation.
Also to clearify about the drive, the gears and shafts have been found to been bent and broken!! Obviously the hit something w/ it and there are cracks and peices missing on the case. And at high speeds this wouldn't be safe to use.
This is more than just a case where someone took the boat and cruised it for a bit and then parked it. They abused it, ran it hard and obviously put it away wet where they found convienant.

MADDOG355
10-01-2007, 07:03 PM
It kills me that from day one there were people that saw Surmike as suspect #1. Some still seem to think he is involved. Oh well I guess some are just here for the drama. :rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Here is my question to all who own a boat. Would you knowingly let someone take parts that you had in your boat and submerge them in the lake for any where from 1 to 2 days straight and then just put them back in your boat and be happy happy with it??
Especially since the only info we have to go on is that this boat sat in the water like this since sometime Sunday night till removed Wednesday morning.
I suggest that you have bad info
I don't beleive for one second that your boat, and/or parts, were under water for one to two days. Havasu is a busy lake and the location that the boat was found is a high traffic area. As you have stated yourself, your boat stood out like a sore thumb.
Installing steering rams on a boat that is pre-rigged for external steering, as your boat was, takes a few hours. Not days or weeks. Also, not a job where using one shop over another, was going to save you thousands, as Matt has stated. Not to mention your previous comment "is replaced w/ WPM dual rams just not pictured"

jdogginla
10-02-2007, 06:28 AM
I must be missing something, and I don't have the patience to reread this thread. But what's with all the "suggestive" comments regarding the theft of this boat.
I agree with surmike, if it was your boat that was found sitting under water and torn apart you would expect to not have to settle for anything less than it be restored to as new condition. Maybe I'm i lil off my rocker though.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-02-2007, 07:40 AM
I must be missing something, and I don't have the patience to reread this thread. But what's with all the "suggestive" comments regarding the theft of this boat.
I agree with surmike, if it was your boat that was found sitting under water and torn apart you would expect to not have to settle for anything less than it be restored to as new condition. Maybe I'm i lil off my rocker though.
To restore the damaged or stolen property to its condition prior to the loss, is the duty of an insurer. I don't think anyone disagrees with this.
The boat was said to have been stolen on Saturday, labor day weekend, after being for sale since March. Parts stolen include the stereo and the prop. the drive was also damaged. The remainder of the of the $40K + in damage results from the bow of the boat being tied on the beach and the two of three drain plugs being removed thus swamping the engine compartment.
My suggestion to Surmike was to view this entire deal as a blessing in disguise. Take the $40K+ sell the salvage for $20 to $30K and boat sold. End of story. It makes no sense to spend $40K + to repair a $60K boat that the owner no longer wants. Surmike has commented that he no longer has the desire to go the lake and go fast and that he would be just as happy with a $1000 fishing boat.
Sorry that I find it strange that Surmike refuses to embrace this logic.
Surmike has stated that he bought this boat with no engine, drive, external steering or gimble. Was it a prior theft recovery?

Surmike
10-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Ok here is a little something for all who is reading.
Tell me why some of you would only do bare minimum repairs if this was your boat pictured !!!!!!!
I wouldn't and I won't!!!!!!!!

Devilman
10-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Damn, that f*ckin sucks......:(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40312&d=1191341000
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40313&d=1191341053

Surmike
10-02-2007, 08:15 AM
No it was not a prior theft recovery, that is just the condition it was in when the original owner sold it.
This also needs gel repair from being put on the beach and there being rocks etc.
The info given to LEO is that it was stolen on Sunday Morning and used all day then when the theives were approached by the PD at around 11pm Sunday they ran and left the boat there. We assume the engine had already been dismantled by this time and the prop and stereo removed already also. And guess that they pulled the plugs in a hurry on there way out of the area.
This is just the info that was relayed to me from those investigating.

Surmike
10-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks Devilman for posting them
Now keep in mind this was stolen Sunday morning and this is within an hour of it being found on Wednesday morning!!! Even if not left since day one somone should have seen it around in those 3-4 days it was missing???

Devilman
10-02-2007, 08:53 AM
No problem. My wife woke me up one morning to find my boat sitting like that in the water a few years ago. Pretty sickening feeling to say the least. Hope everything works out on your deal....

ULTRA26 # 1
10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Now keep in mind this was stolen Sunday morning and this is within an hour of it being found on Wednesday morning!!! Even if not left since day one somone should have seen it around in those 3-4 days it was missing???
The info given to LEO is that it was stolen on Sunday Morning and used all day then when the theives were approached by the PD at around 11pm Sunday they ran and left the boat there
Mike,
Who had the boat parked, unhooked, on Holy Drive Sat afternoon at 4:00 p.m.? That's a question I believe you should be demanding an answer to.

Surmike
10-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I have asked that question but anyone w/ access to the boat claims it isn't possible for it to have been on Holy Saturday afternoon so unless the theives that stole it confess to this tip received I assume we will never know if it was really there or not.
Just like all the other info leaked for the reward!!

ULTRA26 # 1
10-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I have asked that question but anyone w/ access to the boat claims it isn't possible for it to have been on Holy Saturday afternoon so unless the theives that stole it confess to this tip received I assume we will never know if it was really there or not.
Just like all the other info leaked for the reward!!
Is it true that JC was open on Saturday?
Just like all the other info leaked for the reward
Sorry Mike I don't understand
Ok here is a little something for all who is reading.
Tell me why some of you would only do bare minimum repairs if this was your boat pictured !!!!!!!
I wouldn't and I won't!!!!!!!!
Mike, considering that the boat has been for sale since March, why would you repair it at all? At $40k + in repairs, its a borderline total loss.

redneckcharlie
10-02-2007, 04:56 PM
To restore the damaged or stolen property to its condition prior to the loss, is the duty of an insurer. I don't think anyone disagrees with this.
The boat was said to have been stolen on Saturday, labor day weekend, after being for sale since March. Parts stolen include the stereo and the prop. the drive was also damaged. The remainder of the of the $40K + in damage results from the bow of the boat being tied on the beach and the two of three drain plugs being removed thus swamping the engine compartment.
My suggestion to Surmike was to view this entire deal as a blessing in disguise. Take the $40K+ sell the salvage for $20 to $30K and boat sold. End of story. It makes no sense to spend $40K + to repair a $60K boat that the owner no longer wants. Surmike has commented that he no longer has the desire to go the lake and go fast and that he would be just as happy with a $1000 fishing boat.
Sorry that I find it strange that Surmike refuses to embrace this logic.
Surmike has stated that he bought this boat with no engine, drive, external steering or gimble. Was it a prior theft recovery?
Ok, this is for you and the rest of the peanut gallery about the steering, and etc. I've kept my mouth shut, but this is ridiculious! Mike bought the boat without a motor, transom assembly, drive, or steering. How do I know? Because it was my boat and he bought it from me! And I ordered the boat brand new from DCB. The boat was worth more to me selling it that way. Simple economics, boat was worth more apart than together. As far as all the BS with repair costs. Why the hell should he care what it costs? He, like every other person that has a nice boat, wants to either be compensated for his loss, or have it restored to its prior condition. I can see it now, next it will be, if the boat goes up for sale again, that the repairs were done shotty and cheaply. Afterall, he paid his insurance premium, and that is what is there for. As for the references about the stuff that goes on with bodyshops, not every shop is run that way. And yes, I owned a body shop for fifteen years. The guy has his boat stolen while he's eight hundred miles away, and somehow its turned on him. Unxxxen believable! :mad: :mad:

squirt'nmyload
10-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Ok, this is for you and the rest of the peanut gallery about the steering, and etc. I've kept my mouth shut, but this is ridiculious! Mike bought the boat without a motor, transom assembly, drive, or steering. How do I know? Because it was my boat and he bought it from me! And I ordered the boat brand new from DCB. The boat was worth more to me selling it that way. Simple economics, boat was worth more apart than together. As far as all the BS with repair costs. Why the hell should he care what it costs? He, like every other person that has a nice boat, wants to either be compensated for his loss, or have it restored to its prior condition. I can see it now, next it will be, if the boat goes up for sale again, that the repairs were done shotty and cheaply. Afterall, he paid his insurance premium, and that is what is there for. As for the references about the stuff that goes on with bodyshops, not every shop is run that way. And yes, I owned a body shop for fifteen years. The guy has his boat stolen while he's eight hundred miles away, and somehow its turned on him. Unxxxen believable! :mad: :mad:
good post :)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Let me begin by saying that I understand that it is expensive to put a damaged boat back together. This is why the boat was fully insured. It doesn't make any difference what it costs to restore to its pre-loss condition, what ever it costs the insurance owes, up to the value of the boat less the value of the salvage. Period
With regard to the steering. When Mike listed the boat, I posted a comment about the boat not having external steering. Mike responded by stating the the previous owner removed the external steering and" is replaced w/ WPM dual rams just not pictured. The pics are from when motor was installed. Sorry for not listing this sooner".
I don't give a damn whether the boat had external steering or not. However, when someone makes the above comment, most expect that WPM duel ram steering was on the boat.
I will say the same thing to you as I have to Mike, why would anyone in their right mind consider repairing a $65k boat, that has been for sale since March, that has over $40K in damage? Sorry Charlie, this aint rocket science, which you obviously know. Simple economics Remember?? As a prior body shop manager no doubt you understand.
I completely agree that this whole thing is Unxxxen believable

MODVP22
10-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Damn, that f*ckin sucks......:(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40312&d=1191341000
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40313&d=1191341053
That makes me sick to my stomach :(

redneckcharlie
10-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Let me begin by saying that I understand that it is expensive to put a damaged boat back together. This is why the boat was fully insured. It doesn't make any difference what it costs to restore to its pre-loss condition, what ever it costs the insurance owes, up to the value of the boat less the value of the salvage. Period
With regard to the steering. When Mike listed the boat, I posted a comment about the boat not having external steering. Mike responded by stating the the previous owner removed the external steering and" is replaced w/ WPM dual rams just not pictured. The pics are from when motor was installed. Sorry for not listing this sooner".
I don't give a damn whether the boat had external steering or not. However, when someone makes the above comment, most expect that WPM duel ram steering was on the boat.
I will say the same thing to you as I have to Mike, why would anyone in their right mind consider repairing a $65k boat, that has been for sale since March, that has over $40K in damage? Sorry Charlie, this aint rocket science, which you obviously know. Simple economics Remember?? As a prior body shop manager no doubt you understand.
I completely agree that this whole thing is Unxxxen believable
The boat did have WPM steering on it, just not when he bought it. Not sure why he posted what he did. He may of thought it had already been reinstalled, or just mispoke. I can't speak for him. As far as the actual cost to repair it, I to think 40 grand is high, but I haven't seen the boat up close. Neither has anybody else commenting, other than the gentlemen that took the pics at the ramp. Would I spend 40 grand to fix it? Hell no! You could pay me 40 to fix it, or I'd sure as the day is long, buy it back as salvage for 20 or 25. The choice of fixing it or taking a total loss may not be up to him, don't know the specifics of his policy. The one fact that has not changed, is that he had his boat stolen, and wants to be compensated for it. Don't you think he deserves the same respect and support that any one of you would like from other boaters in this situation? Just my 02. ;)

BoatFloating
10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Ultra26, I'm trying to understand what you looking for from this thread? Why don't you just come out and say what you want to say and stop dancing around it? Why is this thread still alive?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-02-2007, 07:49 PM
The boat did have WPM steering on it, just not when he bought it. Not sure why he posted what he did. He may of thought it had already been reinstalled, or just mispoke. I can't speak for him. As far as the actual cost to repair it, I to think 40 grand is high, but I haven't seen the boat up close. Neither has anybody else commenting, other than the gentlemen that took the pics at the ramp. Would I spend 40 grand to fix it? Hell no! You could pay me 40 to fix it, or I'd sure as the day is long, buy it back as salvage for 20 or 25. The choice of fixing it or taking a total loss may not be up to him, don't know the specifics of his policy. The one fact that has not changed, is that he had his boat stolen, and wants to be compensated for it. Don't you think he deserves the same respect and support that any one of you would like from other boaters in this situation? Just my 02. ;)
It sucks that Mike is going through this. I'm not looking for anything more than anyone else who is wondering about much of this. BTW, I've never heard of an insurance policy that won't allow a cash out.
I have asked some questions but have not been disrepectful to Mike in any way, except maybe his sideways answer about the steering. All he had to say was he was planing on doing it, at the time he made the comment, but it didn't get done. The truth is always better because it doesn't change.

IDRPSTF
10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
IDRPSTF, like I said, just asking questions. While I'm not going to go back and pull your quotes, at one point you stated that people shouldn't steal from professional thieves and I took it that you were referring to yourself. That being used to describe the knowledge that you possess and henceforth would help you catch the crooks. If that is the case then why do you refer to a "PI" that you hired and then go on to tell us that YOU received a phone call from the snitch and yada yada yada ? What did the "PI" do. How did the snitch get your phone number? Are you trying to tell us that the snitch and the crooks are reading our forums? As for the fingerprints, they'll last for a long time so anyone that looked at the boat at your showroom, worked on the boat, etc., could have left them there whenever. I've had peeps come over to my boat when it's parked on the beach and touch it all over so who's to know who's fingerprints are the crooks and who's are just some looky-loo's?
I had a collection company before SmugglersInc and managed to find what other couldnt. I did that by standing behind my word to people that have never had anyone do that before to them before. I gained the trust of people with information and when I told them I would do two things #1 Pay what I say that I will pay. #2 Not dime them out for talking. They trust that I mean it. When I posted that I got the information from a PI it was to protect an informant from anyone whom might be involved and be reading. I later changed what I wrote to explain how bad this situation really is. The informant was sure that the information would lead to an arrest and has now left town in fear for his safety.
To answer the question a few pages back as for my immediate involvment when it is not my boat... Mike left the boat with me and my company and I am the person who dropped it at JC Marine. I felt personally and proffessionally responsible to do everything I could to find the boat, I never expected to find out all of the additional information. In all honesty my fifth call that morning was to my insurance company to find out if I had liabuility in this. I was not informed that I would be clear until the next day when the boat was found. By that point the information was coming in every other hour with the "When do I get my money" calls. So between my insurance, JC Marines insurance and Mikes insurance a reward never had time to post other than my request to Mike.
This situation has been bitersweet for all involved. The rush of the boat being found and all of the extra information toppled by the lack of action on the part of the police. Had they shown up day one for the pictures, returned Mikes call when he drove from New Mexico or had someone in the office Saturday or Sunday give a damn it might be different. But they didnt, and its a nine to five investigation with no bonus for catching the bad guys and no accountabuility for letting them go.
I could only wish for "Good Ole Boys" law enforcement... they would have been in an uproar that something like this took place in THIER town. But that was not the case. Havasu is a small town with a large expensive police force in a dwendleing economy. I wonder how long that lasts?

HemiDude
10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
I had a collection company before SmugglersInc and managed to find what other couldnt. I did that by standing behind my word to people that have never had anyone do that before to them before. I gained the trust of people with information and when I told them I would do two things #1 Pay what I say that I will pay. #2 Not dime them out for talking. They trust that I mean it. When I posted that I got the information from a PI it was to protect an informant from anyone whom might be involved and be reading. I later changed what I wrote to explain how bad this situation really is. The informant was sure that the information would lead to an arrest and has now left town in fear for his safety.
To answer the question a few pages back as for my immediate involvment when it is not my boat... Mike left the boat with me and my company and I am the person who dropped it at JC Marine. I felt personally and proffessionally responsible to do everything I could to find the boat, I never expected to find out all of the additional information. In all honesty my fifth call that morning was to my insurance company to find out if I had liabuility in this. I was not informed that I would be clear until the next day when the boat was found. By that point the information was coming in every other hour with the "When do I get my money" calls. So between my insurance, JC Marines insurance and Mikes insurance a reward never had time to post other than my request to Mike.
This situation has been bitersweet for all involved. The rush of the boat being found and all of the extra information toppled by the lack of action on the part of the police. Had they shown up day one for the pictures, returned Mikes call when he drove from New Mexico or had someone in the office Saturday or Sunday give a damn it might be different. But they didnt, and its a nine to five investigation with no bonus for catching the bad guys and no accountabuility for letting them go.
I could only wish for "Good Ole Boys" law enforcement... they would have been in an uproar that something like this took place in THIER town. But that was not the case. Havasu is a small town with a large expensive police force in a dwendleing economy. I wonder how long that lasts?
A good police chief would have had some heads rolling. It appears our local law enforcement has their heads in the sand....ARPIO! WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU!!!:D

Surmike
10-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm not one to bash any body or there business but the reason for the remark that the boat was to have the steering is that I was dealing w/ a shop that promised to have it installed for over six months and that never happened for what ever reason along w/ numerous excuses. And no it isn't any of the shops that had been involved in this situation!!
I do appreciate those that have stood behind us through all of this and those that have done more than needed to help out. But as in every situation there has to be some that make rough times more difficult for others, and to those all I can say is the strong will survive.
As for the value of the repairs and the payout on the claim that will be delt w/ accordingly and rest assured I will not just settle for anything offered.
As for why consider repairing the boat: For us it has sentimental value to us and is the first boat of this caliber that we have ever owned and I would have rather seen it been sold than be going away in this condition. Now that said I still don't know what my final decision will be ie: repair or not???

ULTRA26 # 1
10-03-2007, 06:48 AM
IDRPSTF
The informant was sure that the information would lead to an arrest and has now left town in fear for his safety
Let me address a common concern right now... I didnt stop to worry about insurance, liabuility and coverage, I wanted to catch a thief, not place the blame.
In all honesty my fifth call that morning was to my insurance company to find out if I had liabuility in this. I was not informed that I would be clear until the next day when the boat was found.
#1 Pay what I say that I will pay.
Not dime them out for talking
Don't think for one minute that LHPD and others investigating this matter are lame enough to be fooled by TWEAKER fantasies. Rumor has it that LHPD is equipped with very competent detectives. Seems to me if you were actually concerned about yourself and the future of your Lake Havasu business, you wouldn't be on here suggesting that LHPD Detectives are dumb, lazy focks.
With regard to your 3rd party collection agency was this before or after your sales position at Coastal Marine in 02?
"Not dime them out for talking" This is collection/street language for what?
No reward amount was ever offered.
Was JC open on Saturday?
You have commented that Mike left the boat with you and you left the boat with JC. Why was the boat left at JC for days to do a job that would take hours? 2 steering rams 4 hoses, drive adapter and a Brazil valve. Retail $2500 boat pre-rigged. Not sure how JC was going to save Mike "thousands over the competition" unless they were going to do the job for free.
As I commented the truth never changes
:idea: :idea:

IDRPSTF
10-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Don't think for one minute that LHPD and others investigating this matter are lame enough to be fooled by TWEAKER fantasies. Rumor has it that LHPD is equipped with very competent detectives. Seems to me if you were actually concerned about yourself and the future of your Lake Havasu business, you wouldn't be on here implying that LHPD Detectives are dumb, lazy focks.
With regard to your 3rd party collection agency was this before or after your sales position at Coastal Marine in 02?
"Not dime them out for talking" This is collection/street language for what?
You have commented that Mike left the boat with you and you left the boat with JC. Why was the boat left at JC for days to do a job that would take hours? 2 steering rams 4 hoses, drive adapter and a Brazil valve. Retail $2500 boat pre-rigged. Not sure how JC was going to save Mike "thousands over the competition" unless they were going to do the job for free.
Was JC open on Saturday?
This was after I worked for Coastal Marine in 02. Alot can happen in five years and I would love to know what you are getting at?
As for being fooled by "Tweaker fantisies". The tweakers said where the boat was sunk and led the cops right to the boat. The police on the other hand said it could not possibly be the boat because it had AZ numbers and I described NM numbers.
Then the tweakers gave the location of the trailer. The same police officer walked around the trailer and said it couldnt be what we had been looking for due to it having a CA plate not a NM plate.
During the first dayof the investigation the police said they needed a picture of the boat so that they would know what to look for. We rushed to the showroom and printed every picture we had, they never showed up to pick them up.
I was the only person to go to the police station to get fingerprinted (I offered to as my prints were on the boat). Nobody else has been called in so what are they doing with all of the prints found on the boat?
Rumors are called Rumors because they have yet to be proven true!
And as for my concern for my well being and the well being of my business in Lake Havasu being threatoned because I call out a government agency sworn to serve and protect and funded by my personal tax dollars as well as my business tax dollars? I would consider that a well written threat and would respond that you should watch yourself and what you say on a public forum. I can only guess that your job involves a badge and that would allow you what you feel is the luxury of intimidation towards those who choose to take an alternate vocation to support themselves and your department. So wise up in your words and realize that its the citizens that allow you your paycheck and vote to keep budget cutbacks from becoming layoffs at the station. And its the local businesses that are effected by too much enforcement. Havasu is the perfect example. The most profitable business in town right now is the local PD, the rest of us are dying on the vine due to low visitor count trickling down to not enough local cashflow to support recent cost hikes in real estate and cost of living. So how long before that finds its way back to the local PD? And how will public comments of intimidation towards local business owners stating there minds of concerns with the performance of the local PD expidite the process of those cutbacks?
So you can take your attempts at making me think twice about posting on this board, your attempts at intimidation, your badge, your gun and your GED and sit atop what you believe is a never ending supply of local funding to keep your department running... or ... you can get a sence of humility and realize that both your job and mine need each other to co exist. Without safety and protection I cannot run a business and expect to make money. And without my companies money, you will not have a job to serve and protect. I ask openly for accountabuility and performance from those who recieve my tax dollars and get a comment like "Seems to me if you were actually concerned about yourself and the future of your Lake Havasu business, you wouldn't be on here implying that LHPD Detectives are dumb, lazy focks." I start thinking that we are not finding that common co existance.

shippingguy
10-03-2007, 08:29 AM
And as for my concern for my well being and the well being of my business in Lake Havasu being threatoned because I call out a government agency sworn to serve and protect and funded by my personal tax dollars as well as my business tax dollars? I would consider that a well written threat and would respond that you should watch yourself and what you say on a public forum. I can only guess that your job involves a badge and that would allow you what you feel is the luxury of intimidation towards those who choose to take an alternate vocation to support themselves and your department. So wise up in your words and realize that its the citizens that allow you your paycheck and vote to keep budget cutbacks from becoming layoffs at the station. And its the local businesses that are effected by too much enforcement. Havasu is the perfect example. The most profitable business in town right now is the local PD, the rest of us are dying on the vine due to low visitor count trickling down to not enough local cashflow to support recent cost hikes in real estate and cost of living. So how long before that finds its way back to the local PD? And how will public comments of intimidation towards local business owners stating there minds of concerns with the performance of the local PD expidite the process of those cutbacks?
So you can take your attempts at making me think twice about posting on this board, your attempts at intimidation, your badge, your gun and your GED and sit atop what you believe is a never ending supply of local funding to keep your department running... or ... you can get a sence of humility and realize that both your job and mine need each other to co exist. Without safety and protection I cannot run a business and expect to make money. And without my companies money, you will not have a job to serve and protect. I ask openly for accountabuility and performance from those who recieve my tax dollars and get a comment like "Seems to me if you were actually concerned about yourself and the future of your Lake Havasu business, you wouldn't be on here implying that LHPD Detectives are dumb, lazy focks." I start thinking that we are not finding that common co existance.
FYI Your guess is wrong. He is not a cop.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-03-2007, 08:51 AM
This was after I worked for Coastal Marine in 02. Alot can happen in five years and I would love to know what you are getting at?
As for being fooled by "Tweaker fantisies". The tweakers said where the boat was sunk and led the cops right to the boat. The police on the other hand said it could not possibly be the boat because it had AZ numbers and I described NM numbers.
Then the tweakers gave the location of the trailer. The same police officer walked around the trailer and said it couldnt be what we had been looking for due to it having a CA plate not a NM plate.
During the first dayof the investigation the police said they needed a picture of the boat so that they would know what to look for. We rushed to the showroom and printed every picture we had, they never showed up to pick them up.
I was the only person to go to the police station to get fingerprinted (I offered to as my prints were on the boat). Nobody else has been called in so what are they doing with all of the prints found on the boat?
Rumors are called Rumors because they have yet to be proven true!
You probably should think twice about posting about this issue here, there and everywhere. It would be in your best interest.
Can't seem to get an answer to the question : Is JC open on Saturday?
BTW, noone threatened you or your Lake Havasu business.
This is Hotoat remember. The drama capitol of the internet. I'm a detail freak. When I read things that aren't consistent, I ask questions. Nothing serious, so relax.

IDRPSTF
10-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I thought more than twice before posting and am well aware of what could happen.
JC is usually open Sat. but this being Labor day I am not sure. I dropped the boat off late Friday and was told work would begin first thing Monday. Greg and Chris did give a very good deal that would have saved thousands over other Lake Havasu Mechanics in the middle of summer.
I know this is the drama capitol of the world, I also know how many people read this forum.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-03-2007, 10:36 AM
I thought more than twice before posting and am well aware of what could happen.
JC is usually open Sat. but this being Labor day I am not sure. I dropped the boat off late Friday and was told work would begin first thing Monday. Greg and Chris did give a very good deal that would have saved thousands over other Lake Havasu Mechanics in the middle of summer.
I know this is the drama capitol of the world, I also know how many people read this forum.
I think I saw that boat in the ally behind JC Marine late last week. I live behind Sunshine RV which is on Maricopa beside JC Marine. I think it was there a couple of days. If that was it, it was sitting outside of a secured area during the day. I didn't notice to see if it was inside at night. I don't recall JC Marine leaving any boats outside at night. I think the RV dealer has night security and cameras.
Although I don't own a boat now, I did own a DCB for a couple of years.:)
Good luck getting your boat back.
For the most part, the ally behind the shop is out of view, at least from highway 95. There is a vacant lot on the other side of the ally with a house on the far side of the lot backing towards the shop. There are doors on the back of the shop facing the ally with a forklift standing by. It appears that they store boats inside at night and then move them out back during the day which I believed would be the case with most shops I've seen in town. There is a boat in the ally right now with a cover on it. Unfortunatly I don't think it's yours. They also have a chain link fenced area on the south side of the shop with several boats in there. There is a business on the north side of the shop (stone and stucco business), a street (Melrose), then the RV dealership. As I said before I think the RV dealer has night security and cameras on poles. Not sure if your boat was stolen at night or not.
They do have 2-3 boats out front which I believe are for sale and remains there at night.
Hope that helps.
Again, and only out of curiosity, how much was the steering going to cost. I was serious when I commented that the parts retail are about $2500 and the job shouldn't be any more than a few hours labor. Where are the thousands to be saved?
It's about time for LE to do their job.

redneckcharlie
10-03-2007, 12:12 PM
You probably should think twice about posting about this issue here, there and everywhere. It would be in your best interest.
Can't seem to get an answer to the question : Is JC open on Saturday?
BTW, noone threatened you or your Lake Havasu business.
This is Hotoat remember. The drama capitol of the internet. I'm a detail freak. When I read things that aren't consistent, I ask questions. Nothing serious, so relax.
Dude, don't you think its time to stop playing junior detective? Was Mike with one of the insurance companies you work for? I'm guessing not! If you want to know when JC Marine is open, call them and ask. As far as all the other questions, are you going to buy the boat? No. Are you involved with the "investigation"? No. Are you involved with the repairs(if need be)? No. The fact of the matter is that what goes on with his boat is none of your business. Find another cause or situation to stick your nose in. Because, your defenitely not helping this one, unless your intention is to make peoples blood pressure go up. :rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Dude, don't you think its time to stop playing junior detective? Was Mike with one of the insurance companies you work for? I'm guessing not! If you want to know when JC Marine is open, call them and ask. As far as all the other questions, are you going to buy the boat? No. Are you involved with the "investigation"? No. Are you involved with the repairs(if need be)? No. The fact of the matter is that what goes on with his boat is none of your business. Find another cause or situation to stick your nose in. Because, your defenitely not helping this one, unless your intention is to make peoples blood pressure go up. :rolleyes:
Junior Detective. That's rich. Would be interested in the salvage, as you have stateed you would be.
Not sure why you have a problem with anything I have asked. If these folks didn't want people to ask questions then they shouldn't have post their business in a public forum.
Have I caused anyone any harm? I don't think so.
The truth never changes.

shippingguy
10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
If you are not directly involved in this then you should take your own advice and stay out of it as well. Hate to see your blood pressure go up.:) BTW I do not have a dog in this fight, but I must say there are way too many factors that scream FRAUD on this deal. JMO like RIODOG said why not pull the plugs in the middle of the lake??? Why TIE the boat to shore and pull the plugs??? Obviously they wanted it to be found, If I was a thief I would not want it to be found at all. How could the prop be pulled if the lower unit of the drive was completely buried and the boat was resting on it?? Again, too many factors to believe this was not an inside job. Again, JMO.
Mike

Cole Trickle
10-03-2007, 12:57 PM
If you are not directly involved in this then you should take your own advice and stay out of it as well. Hate to see your blood pressure go up.:) BTW I do not have a dog in this fight, but I must say there are way too many factors that scream FRAUD on this deal. JMO like RIODOG said why not pull the plugs in the middle of the lake??? Why TIE the boat to shore and pull the plugs??? Obviously they wanted it to be found, If I was a thief I would not want it to be found at all. How could the prop be pulled if the lower unit of the drive was completely buried and the boat was resting on it?? Again, too many factors to believe this was not an inside job. Again, JMO.
Mike
Quit making sense McGruff!!!:D:jawdrop:

shippingguy
10-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Quit making sense McGruff!!!:D:jawdrop:
Get it straight buddy it is Mr. Inspector Gadget to you:D :)

redneckcharlie
10-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Mike
Are you kidding me? I'm not insinuating that Mike committed fraud, like others on here. Ultra26 kept bringing up the steering, so I answered the question. How would you feel if your boat got stolen, posted it on a site to help recover it, and then some chicken shit starts making inuendo's about fraud. Do you have any proof that there is fraud involved? If you don't, then you shouldn't just throw that out there. Your using the argument that because what was taken off the boat, and the manner in which some jackass did it, is somehow an indication of fraud? Thats pretty week. Your actually going to try to rationalize the behavior of someone that injests chemicals and hasn't slept for days. Have you ever had any firsthand experience with a tweaker? I hate to break it to the brain trust, but there are boats that are actually stolen. Before you assasinate someones character and reputation, you better damn sure make sure its true! And one more thing, I've dealt with many Insurance Adjusters, and quite a few Insurance Investigators(none having anything to do with me), and can count the competent ones on one hand!

redneckcharlie
10-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Junior Detective. That's rich. Would be interested in the salvage, as you have stateed you would be.
Not sure why you have a problem with anything I have asked. If these folks didn't want people to ask questions then they shouldn't have post their business in a public forum.
Have I caused anyone any harm? I don't think so.
The truth never changes.
You are one hundred percent correct that I, like you would be interested in the salvage. I don't have a problem with anything that deals with that. As far as them posting in a public forum, he didn't ask to be accused of fraud. He simply wanted to find his boat. You and I both know once an accusation is made, right or wrong, it will never completely go away.

shippingguy
10-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Are you kidding me? I'm not insinuating that Mike committed fraud, like others on here. Ultra26 kept bringing up the steering, so I answered the question. How would you feel if your boat got stolen, posted it on a site to help recover it, and then some chicken shit starts making inuendo's about fraud. Do you have any proof that there is fraud involved? If you don't, then you shouldn't just throw that out there. Your using the argument that because what was taken off the boat, and the manner in which some jackass did it, is somehow an indication of fraud? Thats pretty week. Your actually going to try to rationalize the behavior of someone that injests chemicals and hasn't slept for days. Have you ever had any firsthand experience with a tweaker? I hate to break it to the brain trust, but there are boats that are actually stolen. Before you assasinate someones character and reputation, you better damn sure make sure its true! And one more thing, I've dealt with many Insurance Adjusters, and quite a few Insurance Investigators(none having anything to do with me), and can count the competent ones on one hand!
I never stated you were insinuating that Mike committed FRAUD nor did I. I never mentioned HIS name.
I am not using the argument of what was taken off the boat. Although pretty interesting that a tweaker would have all the proper tools at hand to do so. Prop wrench, etc.
Not rationalizing anybody's behavior.
Yes I have dealt with TWEAKERS before
No where am I assasinating anyone's character.
My posts are based off the information provided and I am simply stating my OPINION which I have a right to. One question for you; How are you so sure it was a TWEAKER? Are you basing that off of what the mysterious witness said that has now disappeared and never got the supposed $5000 reward because it did not exist?
Step back bro. Again, I am basing this on what I have read and have formulated my own opinion on the whole deal.
Mike

ULTRA26 # 1
10-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I've dealt with many Insurance Adjusters, and quite a few Insurance Investigators(none having anything to do with me), and can count the competent ones on one hand
Being in the body shop business for 15 years, I can understand your dislike of insurance people. Never could figure that mentality out. Insurance companies support body shops. Not sure that you would have any ability to know if an investigator was competent or not without first hand experience, which you state you've never had.
Have you ever had any firsthand experience with a tweaker?
Yes.
Now you are suggesting that you have knowledge that those involved hadn't slept for days. Come on Charlie.
Seems to me that if there weren't portions of this issue that weren't questionable, there wouldn't be any questions.
It matters not, what questions are raised in the Sandbar on ***boat. It's all about the LE and their take on this whole thing. My 2 bit questions mean zip.
You are one hundred percent correct that I, like you would be interested in the salvage. I don't have a problem with anything that deals with that. As far as them posting in a public forum, he didn't ask to be accused of fraud. He simply wanted to find his boat. You and I both know once an accusation is made, right or wrong, it will never completely go away.
Charlie, my questions, other than about the steering, were intended to bring some of the questionable points to the surface. Doing so, IMO, could only be a benefit to Mike. Not once I have used the word fraud, have I been disrespectful to Mike nor have I accused anyone of anything. Hopefully Mike can understand that the points that have been raised are valid ones. Again, hopefully Mike understands.
Are you basing that off of what the mysterious witness said that has now disappeared and never got the supposed $5000 reward because it did not exist?
Mike
Matt, from Smugglers said he paid the informant the $5000 reward however, there was never a $5000 reward publicly offered ???

redneckcharlie
10-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I never stated you were insinuating that Mike committed FRAUD nor did I. I never mentioned HIS name.
I am not using the argument of what was taken off the boat. Although pretty interesting that a tweaker would have all the proper tools at hand to do so. Prop wrench, etc.
Not rationalizing anybody's behavior.
Yes I have dealt with TWEAKERS before
No where am I assasinating anyone's character.
My posts are based off the information provided and I am simply stating my OPINION which I have a right to. One question for you; How are you so sure it was a TWEAKER? Are you basing that off of what the mysterious witness said that has now disappeared and never got the supposed $5000 reward becaue it did not exist?
Step back bro. Again, I am basing this on what I have read and have formulated my own opinion on the whole deal.
Mike
First off, I simply disagree with you, nothing more. I hope your not taking this like a personal attack, because thats not how its meant to come across. ;) That being said, as far as the tweakers, I can't imagine any other type of dilho doing a three stooges routine on a boat theft. The parts that were taken, don't require very many tools. Socket set, prop wrench, screw driver. As far as an inside job, I'm not willing to make that ascertion without anything other than conjecture. From a completely objective point of view, I can't see how it benefits anybody involved. It makes JC Marine look bad, it makes Smugglers look bad, and it puts a whole lot more than 70grand(the selling price) at risk on Mikes end. There would be so many other ways to get the boat gone, that wouldn't gain anywhere near this type of attention. I just don't see it. This whole thing is a whole lot like the jerkoff that stole the other DCB shortly before this. That jackass didn't have anymore of plan than these idiots.