PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Chris at Prestige and Russ with Sea Tow

Cole Trickle
09-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Not a big deal but some quality people were able to get me running again quickly.:) :)
We launched into havasu early friday and were going to run from cattail to the bridge for some Makai biscuits and gravy. Half way to the channel we decided it was so hot that we needed to throw up the bimini and jump in the water. While lifting the shade the tank selector button got bumped and we ended up on the low tank. (we had just stopped at the gas station and topped off both tanks....one belched and hit the over flow when it wasn't really full:( )
Our boat has very long skinny gas tanks and the gauge is not all that accurate. Needless to say while running at about 40mph the motor stumbled and I immediatly switched tanks with no luck.
Since we were in a good loction we threw an anchor made lunch and floated for a tad. A couple of very nice officers came buy and we tried the fill the sea strainer with gas trick but it didn't work. I called chris at Prestige on the cell and he said that that was a no go on the 05 HO's and that we would need to pressurize the motor with a primer ball. He offered to meet us at Windsor or he could have his buddy Russ at Sea Tow show up and handle it for us out on the water.
Needless to say Russ and his trusty choco lab showed up and performed the needed work so we could get back out on the water.
Big thanks to these two gentleman......What could have been a 1.5 hour tow to cattail ended up being a 1 hour lunch break.
I highly recomend Prestige for all boat service/maintenence and I highly recomend Sea Tow memberships to everyone that boats on Havasu!!!!!:eek: :D :)

Screemy1
09-04-2007, 09:37 AM
good to see your day was saved... damb modern boat engines....

phebus
09-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Two quality people for sure. They actually do care..........nice in this day and age.

Cole Trickle
09-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Two quality people for sure. They actually do care..........nice in this day and age.
I told Russ I knew you and he tried to add another digit to the bill?!!??!!?:D :mad: ;)

phebus
09-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I told Russ I knew you and he tried to add another digit to the bill?!!??!!?:D :mad: ;)
Dropping my name is not necessarily a good thing. :D
Russ and his wife Debbi are great people. Having Sea Tow here in Havasu is cheap insurance. People figure that since they have towing on their insurance policy that they are covered, but having on water assistance sure can save a day of boating, or better yet a whole vacation. Sea Tow can sure save you.
Glad it all worked out for you, and sorry we didn't see you. we'll see you at the regatta.

Ziggy
09-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Now that is service..Nice work.
Been wondering about Seatow vs Vessel Assist. Can some of you tell me Pros and Cons of each for Havasu and other stretches of the Colorado River system?

Cole Trickle
09-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Dropping my name is not necessarily a good thing. :D
Russ and his wife Debbi are great people. Having Sea Tow here in Havasu is cheap insurance. People figure that since they have towing on their insurance policy that they are covered, but having on water assistance sure can save a day of boating, or better yet a whole vacation. Sea Tow can sure save you.
Glad it all worked out for you, and sorry we didn't see you. we'll see you at the regatta.
He kept mumbling something about you drinking and dashing at the turtle;):D
We bought a membership from him for when we are out on Havi...I wish he was on Parker so we could act like we are broke down and have him tow us back from the sandbar;):jawdrop: :idea:
See you at the Regatta for sure:)

Ivan Dan
09-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Not a big deal but some quality people were able to get me running again quickly.:) :)
We launched into havasu early friday and were going to run from cattail to the bridge for some Makai biscuits and gravy. Half way to the channel we decided it was so hot that we needed to throw up the bimini and jump in the water. While lifting the shade the tank selector button got bumped and we ended up on the low tank. (we had just stopped at the gas station and topped off both tanks....one belched and hit the over flow when it wasn't really full:( )
Our boat has very long skinny gas tanks and the gauge is not all that accurate. Needless to say while running at about 40mph the motor stumbled and I immediatly switched tanks with no luck.
Since we were in a good loction we threw an anchor made lunch and floated for a tad. A couple of very nice officers came buy and we tried the fill the sea strainer with gas trick but it didn't work. I called chris at Prestige on the cell and he said that that was a no go on the 05 HO's and that we would need to pressurize the motor with a primer ball. He offered to meet us at Windsor or he could have his buddy Russ at Sea Tow show up and handle it for us out on the water.
Needless to say Russ and his trusty choco lab showed up and performed the needed work so we could get back out on the water.
Big thanks to these two gentleman......What could have been a 1.5 hour tow to cattail ended up being a 1 hour lunch break.
I highly recomend Prestige for all boat service/maintenence and I highly recomend Sea Tow memberships to everyone that boats on Havasu!!!!!:eek: :D :)
Sounds pretty familiar! :D Chris is good guy and I would highly recommend him to anyone as well.

Cole Trickle
09-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Now that is service..Nice work.
Been wondering about Seatow vs Vessel Assist. Can some of you tell me Pros and Cons of each for Havasu and other stretches of the Colorado River system?
Pros... I like Sea Tow and there jazzy yellow boats. not to mention the owner is a great guy and visits the forums.
Cons....I don't like red boats:D

Cole Trickle
09-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Sounds pretty familiar! :D Chris is good guy and I would highly recommend him to anyone as well.
It wouldn't prime like your boat. At the beginning it would actually idle unlike your 525 but then it would die when you tried to give it gas.:)
chris has come through twice for me this season!!! Hopefully one of these times he will hook me up with some cold cups and a shirt so I can pimp his co:D

TheCarDudes
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
We had the option to buy Sea Tow over Vessel Assist. Without posting a super long story, before we were even members, Russ made us feel like we have been members since day one. He towed us in and sold us the membership all in one deal. No extra charge. Our 2 other friends bought memberships on the spot too.
I can't even tell you how bad Vessel Assist made us feel when we needed help.
Sea Tow has a life long customer.
I'm not sure about VA, but as long as you carry your Sea Tow Card in your wallet, it covers any boat YOU are on. Nice deal. Lots of other great benefits too.

Jyruiz
09-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Cool deal, looks like it is time to get a SeaTow membership. What do they run anyway?

Cole Trickle
09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Cool deal, looks like it is time to get a SeaTow membership. What do they run anyway?
It would pay for it's self 2X over if you ever needed a long tow.
I want to say it was $119.00:idea:

Jyruiz
09-04-2007, 01:48 PM
It would pay for it's self 2X over if you ever needed a long tow.
I want to say it was $119.00:idea:
Cool, do you happen to have a phone number for them? Or could I just go up to a SeaTow boat and sign up?

jrgaudettes
09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Last time out Chris helped us out also. Speedo line came loose and filled the bilage with water. Great customer support and would recomend them to anyone.

SBullet
09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Chris Hamlin @ Prestige is the man! He has been servicing my Nordic for the past couple of years. He does quality work and is very reasonable...

Throttle
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Pros... I like Sea Tow and there jazzy yellow boats. not to mention the owner is a great guy and visits the forums.
Cons....I don't like red boats:D
:idea:
both good peeps, they both really do good business... and take the time to make it right!