PDA

View Full Version : LA County Fire Question

UnionJack
09-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I got a letter in the mail to start Backgrounds if anyone has some insight that would be great.

MudPumper
09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I got a letter in the mail to start Backgrounds if anyone has some insight that would be great.
Two Words....................Be Honest!!!!

LOWRIVER2
09-04-2007, 12:07 PM
You have to own a Chapparral deck boat first, Ditch the hot boat.

UnionJack
09-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I am always straight with them, The boat will be gone I now that drill. I am just looking for anyone who has done it recently

TCN
09-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Why would you get rid of your boat because of a new job? LA County seems like a great fire dept. I worked with a few of those guys the past few days at the Butler Fire in Big Bear and they were all really cool. Biggest fire dept. in the state, tons of job opportunities like USAR, Helo, Truck, Squad, Wildland, ect. Just be the person they think their hiring and you should have no problems. Good luck.

Third Alarm
09-04-2007, 01:24 PM
It has been 13 years for me, but I'll answer any questions you may have. Are you a fireman now?
Jeff

Baja Big Dog
09-04-2007, 01:30 PM
I am always straight with them, The boat will be gone I now that drill. I am just looking for anyone who has done it recently
What are yo saying Jack????:confused:

UnionJack
09-04-2007, 01:30 PM
I was, 7 years on the east coast, moved out west and I got let go on probation at the 11 month mark. I have been trying for the last few years to get rehired and I always get to back grounds but never past that.

UnionJack
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
What are yo saying Jack????:confused:
I tell them about my past and my termination from that department

SurfOnH20
09-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Please if you do get hired, promise me you will leave that helmet sticker off the back of your car. Be proud of what you do and leave it at that. Good luck and I am sure you will get by with flying colors...God speed !!

SurfOnH20
09-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Please if you do get hired, promise me you will leave that helmet sticker off the back of your car :) . Be proud of what you do and leave it at that. Good luck and I am sure you will get by with flying colors...God speed !!

SurfOnH20
09-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Please if you do get hired, promise me you will leave that helmet sticker off the back of your car :) . Be proud of what you do without announcing it to the world. Good luck and I am sure you will get by with flying colors...God speed !!

TCN
09-05-2007, 05:07 AM
I was, 7 years on the east coast, moved out west and I got let go on probation at the 11 month mark. I have been trying for the last few years to get rehired and I always get to back grounds but never past that.
This info would have made your initial post make more sense. This is more common than you think and not really a big deal unless you stole, lied, AWOL, or any other extreme violation that would mark you for the rest of your attempted career. Just turn your negative into a positive. Be straight with them and tell them you screwed up and obviously you have been successful since then just maybe not doing the job you always wanted to do. Good luck.

OGShocker
09-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Please if you do get hired, promise me you will leave that helmet sticker off the back of your car :) . Be proud of what you do without announcing it to the world. Good luck and I am sure you will get by with flying colors...God speed !!
I put a "My other car is a Black and White" sticker on my Toyota once.
http://www-ieee.eecs.berkeley.edu/~kahogan/cimarron/Thrashed_Toyota.jpg
Don't do that...

UnionJack
09-05-2007, 08:25 AM
This info would have made your initial post make more sense. This is more common than you think and not really a big deal unless you stole, lied, AWOL, or any other extreme violation that would mark you for the rest of your attempted career. Just turn your negative into a positive. Be straight with them and tell them you screwed up and obviously you have been successful since then just maybe not doing the job you always wanted to do. Good luck.
Thanks, I have been in contact with the Chief from my old department, and he is helping me out