PDA

View Full Version : Make sure your trailer is on good....

OutCole'd
09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38602&stc=1&d=1188936253

phebus
09-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Hopefully no damage.

USCFAN
09-04-2007, 12:07 PM
That could have been a lot worse.

2Driver
09-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Story?

THOR
09-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey,
that is Kyosh. What happened?

soulboater#1
09-04-2007, 12:14 PM
ouch!

OutCole'd
09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Hopefully no damage.
I didn't want to go up to the guy and ask, I figure he was probably not in the best of moods right about then. I was told from a person on the ramp, that the trailer was not completely connected on the ball, when he was making the turn for the launch ramp, the trailer became disconnected and passed the truck and hit that pile of dirt & rocks. The only damage I could see was to the tongue of the trailer, nothing to the boat.
It could have been a lot worse.

DSW
09-04-2007, 12:21 PM
DOH!:eek: Looks like the Islander ram...

Singleton
09-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Safety chains could of helped. He makes it to the ramp and then the trailer come off, somethign does not add up.

BILLET
09-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Thats the second time thats happened in a week, another guy here on ther board lost his trailer and it went into a ditch.

HocusPocus
09-04-2007, 12:44 PM
that could ruin your day in a hurry.

DogMan
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
At least he missed the fish cleaning station...:)

Troy McClure
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
I didn't want to go up to the guy and ask, I figure he was probably not in the best of moods right about then. I was told from a person on the ramp, that the trailer was not completely connected on the ball, when he was making the turn for the launch ramp, the trailer became disconnected and passed the truck and hit that pile of dirt & rocks. The only damage I could see was to the tongue of the trailer, nothing to the boat.
It could have been a lot worse.
That's pretty much what happened. He did not have the chains on and the latch on the hitch was not connected. He turned the corner and it popped off the hitch. No damage to the boat or truck just the trailer. Lucky that dirt mound was there, which it usually isn't.
Yes, that is the Islander.

Baja Big Dog
09-04-2007, 01:09 PM
That's pretty much what happened. He did not have the chains on and the latch on the hitch was not connected. He turned the corner and it popped off the hitch. No damage to the boat or truck just the trailer. Lucky that dirt mound was there, which it usually isn't.
Yes, that is the Islander.
Hey wait a minute...I thought the Islander had valet boat launching???:D
Part of his problem is the boat is too small, dont they limit the boats to over 30 ft??:confused:

Robert1050
09-04-2007, 01:11 PM
LMAO...........Was alcohol involved?

Troy McClure
09-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Don't think so, maybe a Hangover was though. I just met the man briefly this weekend and he was getting a pretty good ragging about it and was taking it pretty well.

Robert1050
09-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Don't think so, maybe a Hangover was though. I just met the man briefly this weekend and he was getting a pretty good ragging about it and was taking it pretty well.
Was the ragging coming from 2 bald headed brothers or from his boss (wife)?

Island Girl
09-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Wow, between you and Kern O you both are having boat problems. At least yours will be easier to fix.

Troy McClure
09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Was the ragging coming from 2 bald headed brothers or from his boss (wife)?
Don't know all the people but, if you know them....Eric and Danella, Kelly..and others, I'm terrible at names.

Island Girl
09-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I think if I remember right it is Eric and Doonya....or at least last month it was...there always seems to be someone new I was told.....doesnt matter it wasn't their boat that was left in the dirt.

phebus
09-04-2007, 04:02 PM
There's a reason they keep you people behind gates. :D

Kachina 34
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I didn't want to go up to the guy and ask, I figure he was probably not in the best of moods right about then.
But you figured it was ok to take a picture when he wasn’t looking and post it on HB so everyone could see his shame.
What a coward. :D

OutCole'd
09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
But you figured it was ok to take a picture when he wasn’t looking and post it on HB so everyone could see his shame.
What a coward. :D
It really was not to shame the guy, more of a tip for everyone to double check their trailers.

Kachina 34
09-04-2007, 04:45 PM
It really was not to shame the guy, more of a tip for everyone to double check their trailers.
I hear ya. Just messing with you.:D

Kachina 34
09-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I hear ya. Just messing with you.:D

Daddy_G
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Wait a sec, that stuff is only suppose to happen at site 6, right?
Next thing ya know, we'll have hundreds of hecklers down at our ramp! :eek:

Comfortably Numb
09-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Actually I think he tried to launch his boat with his golf cart and the cart was pushed into the rock pile and buried or he woke up drunk and couldn't remember where he left the boat?
Who says you have to go to site 6 on a Sat. afternoon.

nobling
09-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Wait a sec, that stuff is only suppose to happen at site 6, right?
Next thing ya know, we'll have hundreds of hecklers down at our ramp! :eek:
Daddy G, waz up ! Please dont make that kind of comment cuz it's hard enough as it is for my wife launch'n the boat (You Know!) and the last thing I need is for her to quit that job as backer upper!!:D

Throttle
09-06-2007, 08:27 AM
yep, thats a bad start for any day...
:idea:

lalhc
09-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Ouch, looks like I missed all the action

riverbound
09-06-2007, 09:08 AM
I once saw a guy lose his on the 91, luckily the chains were hooked up. then once they got it back on the truck, the latch for the winch must have gotten bumped. As soon as they took off, boat slid right off the trailer :eek:

Jbb
09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I once saw a guy lose his on the 91, luckily the chains were hooked up. then once they got it back on the truck, the latch for the winch must have gotten bumped. As soon as they took off, boat slid right off the trailer :eek:
Damm.....that was a bad day....:jawdrop:

dirty old man
09-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Had a friend once have a 2 5/16 hitch come off a 2" ball, but the chains saved his ass and a possible serious accident. Was on a slight up grade and trailer didn't hit truck

Hoppa93
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I guess I need to consider the source of this note. Hows unemployment treating you?

Hoppa93
09-10-2007, 11:29 AM
I guess I need to consider the source of this note. How's unemployment treating you?

catman-do
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Im not exactly sure if its the same guy, but the boat looks similar. There was a guy and his son that we were hanging out talking to with a new conquest that looked similar to that on Fathers Day weekend. Was a real nice guy, sucks to see that happen to anyone.

Hoppa93
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey everyone, this is the owners of the boat. Just wanted to let you know that the only damage was to the trailer and our ego. We don't mind the good natured ribing, infact I believe Ann was renaming the corner after us..."Shinde Chicane." Fortuately it was early in the morning (7:30 am) so there wasn't anyone at the ramp (that is until after the road course event was completed.:)
Anway, it could have been much worse. Feel free to stop by our site (#234) and we can fill ya in on the detail.

OutCole'd
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey everyone, this is the owners of the boat. Just wanted to let you know that the only damage was to the trailer and our ego. We don't mind the good natured ribing, infact I believe Ann was renaming the corner after us..."Shinde Chicane." Fortuately it was early in the morning (7:30 am) so there wasn't anyone at the ramp (that is until after the road course event was completed.:)
Anway, it could have been much worse. Feel free to stop by our site (#234) and we can fill ya in on the detail.
Hey, welcome to the boards! And thanks for causing the 5 minute delay at the ramp.:D Glad to hear all was good, I did check out your trailer after it was done and seems like not much damage at all.
By the way, this thread was not meant as a slam, just a warning for everyone else to learn from.

Hoppa93
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey, welcome to the boards! And thanks for causing the 5 minute delay at the ramp.:D Glad to hear all was good, I did check out your trailer after it was done and seems like not much damage at all.
By the way, this thread was not meant as a slam, just a warning for everyone else to learn from.
We were just bumbed that we did not find out about the posting until this weekend. Like I mentioned before we don't mind the good natured ribbing.

Robert1050
09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
I guess I need to consider the source of this note. How's unemployment treating you?
Unemployment is just fine - gives me time to be at Havasu whenever I want - sorry I missed this event, but I was in San Diego for a soccer tournament.
Unemployment will go on for a while longer, now that I'm finding out that my previous employer is also spreading the rumor that I was fired for being an alcoholic & coming into work drunk.

OutCole'd
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
We were just bumbed that we did not find out about the posting until this weekend. Like I mentioned before we don't mind the good natured ribbing.
Unemployment is just fine - gives me time to be at Havasu whenever I want - sorry I missed this event, but I was in San Diego for a soccer tournament.
Unemployment will go on for a while longer, now that I'm finding out that my previous employer is also spreading the rumor that I was fired for being an alcoholic & coming into work drunk.
You guys are going to have to visit here once in a while.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152767

Robert1050
09-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I skip over to the Islander TT thread occasionally - went around the resort this past weekend, but it was just plain quiet! Just haven't posted in it yet.
Comfortably Numb (Ron) printed up some very cool Islander TT stickers & passed one along to me yesterday before he went home - hope no one minds he borrowed the logo from everyone's post. I'll put it onto my cart next time I'm in town (had to get the gf back last night so that she could get to work today).

Tremor Girl
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
HEY,,, That's my logo!:mad: I knew I should have gotten a copywrite for it:devil:

Robert1050
09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Tremor Girl;2780996]HEY,,, That's my logo!:mad: I knew I should have gotten a copywrite for it:devil:[/
Oops, if you don't want it to be displayed - just say the word. It's still sitting on top of my TV.

OutCole'd
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Tremor Girl;2780996]HEY,,, That's my logo!:mad: I knew I should have gotten a copywrite for it:devil:[/
Oops, if you don't want it to be displayed - just say the word. It's still sitting on top of my TV.
Don't worry, Lynn can be bribed with a glass of wine....:D

Tremor Girl
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry Bill, I'm not that cheap!:mad: I think a bottle of Rodney Strong Chardonnay (Chalk Hill) is sufficient for the copywrite infringement:)
I think some stickers for myself and my trash talkin' friends might help to smooth things over as well!

OutCole'd
09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Sorry Bill, I'm not that cheap!:mad: I think a bottle of Rodney Strong Chardonnay (Chalk Hill) is sufficient for the copywrite infringement:)
I think some stickers for myself and my trash talkin' friends might help to smooth things over as well!
Sorry, what was I thinking. I forgot about Ethel, oops, I mean Denise.:D

WishIknew
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Trust me from this guy it was a slam!:eek:

Tremor Girl
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Sorry, what was I thinking. I forgot about Ethel, oops, I mean Denise.:D
You're right, I almost forgot about Ethel. Make it two bottles. She'll settle for two buck Chuck though. She's a cheap drunk:D

DeltaSigBoater
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Welcome to ***boat, here's a siggy line for you :D
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4561/untitled2vb2.gif (http://imageshack.us)
LAMO :D

meaniam
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
my buddy over the holiday weekend had his latch pulled up on his trailer and tongue jack put down. we launched at the marina. if it wasn't for him seeing his jack he probably would have never known tell it came unhooked. would have been good for a few laughs at the ramp. maybe as long as nobody was hurt.

Tremor Girl
09-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Welcome to ***boat, here's a siggy line for you :D
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4561/untitled2vb2.gif (http://imageshack.us)
OMG!! That's funny!
I want one:D

Comfortably Numb
09-11-2007, 06:53 AM
:eek: :eek: