PDA

View Full Version : Sanger Reunion ???

Squirtin Thunder
09-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Who is going ?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2007-Reunion.jpg

Running_on_Empty
09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
I won't be able to make it....if anyone can pick me up a t shirt I would pay them for it

Squirtin Thunder
09-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I am going and I will see if I can get an extra shirt remind me after we get back.
BTW = What size ?

sixgunsam
09-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I plan on going, if I can finish my trailer in time.

sangerfan76
09-05-2007, 01:01 AM
im going even though both my sangers are down

PE 316
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd be bringing mine...If it wasn't the same weekend as IHBA San Diego:mad:

HemiDude
09-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Next year for sure...I have not had my 73 19' Sanger 426 Hemi out on the water in 20 years. Plan to do some light resto and be part of the plan next year. I would love a couple t-shirts XL if somebody could pick one or two up for me, I will reimburse and buy the next round of BEEERS!
Muchos graciass! :D

Squirtin Thunder
09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
T-Shirts I need to try and get.
HemiDude 2 XL
Running_on_Empty ?

Running_on_Empty
09-06-2007, 09:22 AM
I would like the biggest one they have if possible...I'll pay you extra for your trouble.

LandSpeedRacer
09-06-2007, 10:43 AM
If I don't sink at Berryessa this weekend . . . . . .

amatosanger
09-06-2007, 12:09 PM
I'll take an XXL. :D
If you can I"ll pay you for shipping and handling, let me know.
Tony

Squirtin Thunder
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
T-Shirts I need to try and get.
HemiDude 2 XL
Running_on_Empty XXXXL(Huge)
amatosanger XXL

Running_on_Empty
09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
well maybe just a 2X....I don't want to have to drink that much beer in a short amout of time to fit into it.:D

Squirtin Thunder
09-14-2007, 03:01 PM
I am out of here, headed to Merced for the Reunion and then down to Bakersfield for the circle races with NJBA at Lake Ming.:D
If anyone needs anything give me a call.

wright on
09-15-2007, 10:22 AM
anybody have extra shirt. Large? damn I wanted to go, I was actually going to drag my boat down from washington state. lets see some pictures

Squirtin Thunder
09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
The Sanger reunion was not what I expected, alot less boats than I would have thought. Now on the up side only two wakeboard boats showed up. I have some pics that I will post up as soon as I get some batteries, Walmart was out of them.
As for the shirts, what a let down, They only had enough for the folks that registered on time. They had no extras, man that sucked.

Flat Happy
09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Was this put on by Sanger Boats or someone else?
I went to the 50 year reunion Sanger Boats put on in 2003 at Orwood Resorts in Brentwood, CA on the Delta. It too was a let down. There were some cool old Sanger's there, but it was poorly run IMO. Barely anything to write home about (besides the cool boats that were there) and the BBQ wasn't all that great either. I mean, come on, Sanger is one of the few boat manufacturers that is still around after all these years (granted they don't produce the old boat hulls anymore, but they still produce some of the best Bang-for-the-buck boats in today's ski boat market). Most of the boats that showed were there to show: "we're not here to get wet". WTF? We launched my cousin's 1972 Sanger flat and went for a nice spin for a few hours. These boats were made to have fun with, not sit on a trailer and collect dust! Since that joke of a "reunion" I or my cousin haven't had much desire to go to another "reunion" put on by Sanger Boats. Looks like Squirtin Thunder has confirmed Sanger Boats still hasn't figured out how to run a reunion and get Sanger boat owners to show up. Pretty sad if you ask me :(

BlueNun
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I stopped by and it was pretty lame. A few people about 12 nice boats and a perfect day to make some nice runs and nobody ran. I was there about 20 minutes looked at some boat and left

wright on
09-18-2007, 07:59 PM
sorry to hear not what expected! I expect so much more from sanger, to bad they dont get it. but glad I didnt waste time and gas heading down there. And very dissapointed I didnt get to go to moses lake, wa.

Running_on_Empty
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Thats what I expected to hear to be honest. There is almost a total disregard for these old boats that built the company. I think its a shame. I emailed sanger about some clothing and I got some generic reply from them....I don't know about you guys, but if there were more old school clothing and hardware I wouldn't hesitate to buy directly from sanger. Look at these foot throttles....I don't know if they make new one....I would assume not, but there are people, including me, that would love to have something like that in their boat. Sanger would not exist today if it weren't for the old school hydros, flats, and runners. I think that not only is sanger counting out a profitable market, but disrespecting the boats that allowed them to be in business today.

Squirtin Thunder
09-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Kathy Davidson has now taken over the company, I truely think she plans on making a concerted effort to care about the boats that built the company. I met some of the old guys from the companyas well as spent 2hrs talking with Kathy and her husband. I hope things change. I expressed my interest in new old boats and the rest of the HB camunity. We will see how things go. I love her fathers boats and I am stuck as a Sanger Freak.

amatosanger
09-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow, after reading these last few posts, I'm glad I didn't make the trip out there after all.
But I will always be a die hard Sanger fan, we own four of them. :D
75 Runnerbottom
79 Super jet
74 Bubble deck flat
84 Hydro

Flat Happy
09-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Good to hear I'm not the only one that has complaints about their reunions or the lack of support for the old school boats.
I used to buy items direct from the gift shop at the factory. Then, they started referring me to the internet to buy some of the items. It's like they want to alienate the customer :confused: . I did have a conversation with one guy who let me into the gift shop to purchase a few things after the factory closed early. He said they have a few old molds laying around (one being the Climax drag hydro), but most have been destroyed. I asked why they don't want to build the old hulls anymore and he stated that the company stays busy building the Ski Sanger's. I wish they'd start a "Vintage Sanger Division" or something and start laying up the old hulls again.
Yeah, I too would think the company would want to support the old school Sanger owners. There's probably hundreds if not thousands of people that'd love to have that Sanger Hydro Guy throttle pedal. My Sanger has aluminum pulleys for the steering with "Sanger" machined into the base support area. That'd be a cool product to offer as well. How about the old Jone's Tach with the Sanger name. You could go on and on.
I think the whole market for old school boats is untapped. Most people have to custom machine their own parts to get these boats restored. There's probably a lot of "universal" parts for the engines, rigging, accessories, etc. that could be produced again and people would snatch them up in a heartbeat.

connell50
09-19-2007, 03:37 PM
I went to the reunion the first time they had it at Lake Yosemite and the
parking lot was full the older boats. I was expecting the same amount of
boats. I think maybe the boat drags and the event at Lahonton had something to do with it. The barbecue was a lot better than the first time and the raffle was handle better. I hope they do it again and pick a weekend that doesn't conflict with other events