PDA

View Full Version : ICON motorcycle helmet hook-up needed...

Ryphraph
09-04-2007, 07:52 PM
If anyone can get good-guy pricing on these or replacement parts for them please let me know.
My son is 10 years old and accidently damaged someones POS helmet. It turns out it is cheaper to buy a new one than the replacement part. I want to make it right for "the victim" but I ain't paying $200 for a new plastic vent.
Thanks in advance!
Ryph

cola
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
If anyone can get good-guy pricing on these or replacement parts for them please let me know.
My son is 10 years old and accidently damaged someones POS helmet. It turns out it is cheaper to buy a new one than the replacement part. I want to make it right for "the victim" but I ain't paying $200 for a new plastic vent.
Thanks in advance!
Ryph
Sounds a little rough on "the victim" calling his helmet a POS. I'am sure it was nice before it had a broken vent.:eek:

Baja Big Dog
09-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Kinda funny, was it a POS helmet when you put yor kids head in it???:confused:

Ryphraph
09-05-2007, 10:11 AM
My son knocked some dudes helmet off a video game at an arcade. It was brand new and the vent had a tiny crack after the fall of about 3'. From what I can tell, the helmet was left on the tail section of one of the sit-on motorcycle riding games. I don't know why my son decided to try and pick it up, but that is when it fell.
I wasn't there and my wife dealt with all of this at the time including an incident report with the police. I have now been handed this and am trying to take care of it.
The helmet makers website lists a vent but has no pictures and no one can tell me if this woul be the correct part. I am waiting for an email response from ICON but I am not holding my breath.
Personally, I wouldn't wear the helmet or let my son, but that is not important.
The dude wants us to pay $200 + labor for the repair. I explained that I would be happy to help with the repair but the costs are out of line. As the helmet retails for only $180 new, I am having a hard time meeting his terms. He claims to have paid $350 for it at Bert's.
He is quick to point out others responsibilities but fails to realize he left the helmet in an unsafe place. I agree that my son needs to learn not to mess with other peoples stuff. However, in a kid friendly environment like this arcade, I can understand why he might think it was a part of the game.
to make thing more difficult, I think this guy is jerking me off. He said that Bert's was going to x-ray the helmet to make sure it was still safe. I was not aware that they had this type of equipment there. Also when talking to him on the phone he claims to be at the cashier at Bert's one second ready to order the part, then is home checking websites the next.
Again, thanks for your help.
Ryph