PDA

View Full Version : Launch Ramp Near Laughlin

Overtime
09-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Anyone every launch at Big Bend Rec Area? How is it?
P

beerjet
09-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Shallow ...... when you pull out onto the river anyways .

Throttle
09-05-2007, 04:49 AM
Big Bend is in Parker, not near Laughlin, or is there another place with the same name?

roostwear
09-05-2007, 05:01 AM
He's talking about "Big Bend of the Colorado" state park in Laughlin. There are other places besides Parker, ya know. Anyway, nice 2 lane ramp, shouldn't have to worry about the lake lice too much after Labor Day. Sheltered ramp with a nice lagoon out of the current. Restrooms, cabanas, lots of beach. Last I remember, $8 for a day pass and launch.... good deal.

voodoomedman
09-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Nice place. Haven't been since 2004. Nice lagoon as mentioned. Sandy beaches. Nice ramp. Narrow lanes on either side of dock and a tad steep but very nice ribbed concrete. Yes be careful with an outdrive. Wait until the waters up and then cross the river. The lagoon is plenty deep and in front of it and the beaches to the right of it. The middle of the river is a rock bar though. You have to go when the water is higher and cross to the other side going to the left until you cross. Then you can go up and down river (deeper going down towards Avi then shallow after Avi) but you just have to read the water. Very easy with a waverunner. Never done with a boat but I would imagine a jet would be fine. I'd be scared with a prop.

Throttle
09-05-2007, 08:02 AM
He's talking about "Big Bend of the Colorado" state park in Laughlin. There are other places besides Parker, ya know. .
thats why asked "is there another place?" :idea: