PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Nuevo..

WILDERTHANU
09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Heading south for a bit to hit some waves. Pit stop in Puerto Nuevo... whats your favorite place to feast... Ortega's??

Baja Big Dog
09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I dont even slow down in Nuevo anymore, its turned into a three ring circus, all the barkers and the food sucks anymore (well at least three years ago when we last stopped). Go to Ensanada, the best seafood resturants around.

Cole Trickle
09-05-2007, 03:11 PM
We always eat at the place all the way down the far right side before the cliff front stores. It is 3 satories and they used glass bottles for windows.
Lobster,tortillas,rice and beans have always been good:)

Legal Chemistry
09-05-2007, 03:18 PM
If you want Ortergas, I do the Ortegas on the northwest corner (all the way down when you enter) -this is where Manuel Ortega and his wife usually are. think the food/service is a bit better there. I remember playing with his kids as a guppy myself, my gramps buying fresh lobster and eating on the porch at their home. A much better atmosphere and the same menu (usually served sitting out and cold though :( ) is the one on the south west corner on the ocean. The later is by far the best at sunset. Go for the camarones al papagayo.
Another option is just passed Puerto Nuevo: Cantamar. La Palmera is across the street as you exit k53 or k54 from the tollroad. Sign the book and join the tequilla club!

TCHB
09-05-2007, 04:05 PM
The place on the left with the big line. It has pretty good food and portions are large.

WILDERTHANU
09-05-2007, 04:19 PM
If you want Ortergas, I do the Ortegas on the northwest corner (all the way down when you enter) -this is where Manuel Ortega and his wife usually are. think the food/service is a bit better there. I remember playing with his kids as a guppy myself, my gramps buying fresh lobster and eating on the porch at their home. A much better atmosphere and the same menu (usually served sitting out and cold though :( ) is the one on the south west corner on the ocean. The later is by far the best at sunset. Go for the camarones al papagayo.
Another option is just passed Puerto Nuevo: Cantamar. La Palmera is across the street as you exit k53 or k54 from the tollroad. Sign the book and join the tequilla club!
Yes good call on this Ortegas... If we dont push straight thru I'm sure we end up there. Quick stops K53 & K73 either way hahaha. Passing Ense..never pretty, and we'll never get back on the road...

MAINEVENT
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Best spot... As you drive in the main entrance... the second restaurant on the left... You'll see the line if you get their late or on a busy weekend... hands down the killer spot... not so much the party scene but good food and service... then head down to the spot down the street in the corner off the cliff and drink and chill... I've taking a few people there and they have said the same... Good luck have fun...

DMOORE
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I dont even slow down in Nuevo anymore, its turned into a three ring circus, all the barkers and the food sucks anymore (well at least three years ago when we last stopped). Go to Ensanada, the best seafood resturants around.
+1.
Not like it used to be years ago. We just drive by now-a-days.
Darrell.