PDA

View Full Version : Fix the dam thing!!!!

Baja Big Dog
09-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Why not shut down the site and make the corrections, it is crap that this goes on for days!!
Free or not, the advertisers pay rent for space, and if people bail because of this same crap, they are getting ripped off....
Not an expert on these type of sites, but I cant believe it cant be fixed!!:mad:

milkmoney
09-05-2007, 03:49 PM
seems to work really fast or not at all, not just me

Dan Lorenze
09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
It's really bad........

RitcheyRch
09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Works good for days and like crap for days

Froggystyle
09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
From what I understand, the server had one of the RAID hard drives shit the bed, and they are trying to resolve it from the server end currently. Not much they can do otherwise... the site works fine, it is a server issue.
Or so I have heard.

LUVNLIFE
09-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Been tough for me the last few days:(

Baja Big Dog
09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
:D From what I understand, the server had one of the RAID hard drives shit the bed, and they are trying to resolve it from the server end currently. Not much they can do otherwise... the site works fine, it is a server issue.
Or so I have heard.
Thanks froggy..that clears it up!!!:D

Rexone
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
From what I understand, the server had one of the RAID hard drives shit the bed, and they are trying to resolve it from the server end currently. Not much they can do otherwise... the site works fine, it is a server issue.
Or so I have heard.
With all due respect Froggy and Craig also, the site has been running like shit for weeks if not months, intermitantly non-responsive or goes white screen after posting or page request or PM. It does get old. Not only because I try to work though it from a mod position trying to fix people's shit for them and constantly deleting duplicate posting this causes, but also as a user just trying to read stuff without all day to do it in, not to mention as an advertiser spending money on it.
I do understand the Raid hardware failure has exemplified the problems but c'mon.... this isn't new. The site's had operating speed and page loading issues for as long as I can remember. One shouldn't really have to "ctrl C" every post before you hit the submit reply button to insure you don't lose it. ;)
That is my .03 :D

RiverToysJas
09-05-2007, 05:38 PM
With all due respect Froggy and Craig also, the site has been running like shit for weeks if not months, intermitantly non-responsive or goes white screen after posting or page request or PM. It does get old. Not only because I try to work though it from a mod position trying to fix people's shit for them and constantly deleting duplicate posting this causes, but also as a user just trying to read stuff without all day to do it in, not to mention as an advertiser spending money on it.
I do understand the Raid hardware failure has exemplified the problems but c'mon.... this isn't new. The site's had operating speed and page loading issues for as long as I can remember. One shouldn't really have to "ctrl C" every post before you hit the submit reply button to insure you don't lose it. ;)
That is my .03 :D
Yeah, What he said! :(

Havasu_Dreamin
09-05-2007, 06:51 PM
It does not take weeks or months to resolve server issues.....

Tom Brown
09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Let's get Jbb to fix it. He seems to be right on top of this stuff. :cool:

RitcheyRch
On Hot Boat it does.
It does not take weeks or months to resolve server issues.....

MBlaster
The sites a dog.
Shut it down and fix it right.

Rexone
09-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Just as a sidenote, I normally just to the highlight and ctrl C thing after I hit the submit reply button as there's normally plenty of time with the focking thing hangs before white out. The if it was a a post worth saving but the forum isn't in cooperation mode at the moment I just paste it into word and save it for a time later when the server has a weak moment and will actually let you actually post something. :)
It's a great system isn't it? :D
Maybe the new owners of ***boat will fix it. :messedup: